Go away

What's worse: Having a player roll up a blatant Avatar rip-off, or having one make Geralt and hope we don't notice?

Pic related.

>>implying there's anything wrong with either

Depends which Avatar desu

Westaboo kung fu or alien furfag?

LOTR rip offs also apply.

Reusing concepts is okay, since you'll always end up with something at least a little bit different after a few games.
The only character that should be unwelcome in games is the Joker.

Actually someone playing Geralt would be pretty cool. Geralt is a badass.

Or Chevy Chase.

It's not the character it's the player.

>implying having a player bullshit the party through situations with quick thinking and fast talk wouldn't be a nice change of pace from the norm
Seriously, I would KILL for a player who decides he wants to be Fletch and doesn't suck at it.

Either's fine, statistically they won't live to level 2 anyway. And I enjoy the salt when people make elaborate back stories even though I specifically tell them not to, and then lose the character.

>Geralt is a badass.
And thats why he won't be good if blatantly ripped off. Because that will shear off everything else and leave just a grim gritty loner, killstick on legs.

>Geralt is a badass
Yeah, no. He's retarded idjit.

t. Vilgefortz

>Depends which Avatar

musclebound eskimo lesbian

Definitely Geralt.

Geralt in Oblivion? Why?

gud jok

Have a badly traced Geralt ripoff as your reward.

Geralt is not dark-haired, that's clearly Heinrich.

Rip off, archetype emulation, no-stretch inspiration... take your pick.

And let's add Drizzt to that list. So annoying and pervasive he changed the class.

Knew a guy who couldn't stay away from Gerald Tarrant (Coldfire trilogy).

Had a guy run a Paladin like the protagonist from Sword and the Sorceress.

The Ranger class? In what way?

Both are equally bad and both are not really bad as long as you're the DM and have balls to say, fuck you, no you can't.

All art may be mostly derivtive, yes, whatever, but the progress with it is either by altering old ideas with your own or recombining few old ideas into new. Blatant ripoffs are neither.

Animal companions and dual wielding specialization

I'm not much of a D&D historian, but I'm assuming they used to be more like Aragorn in comparison?

Geralt can be a badass but that's not his focal point or all that he is. I doubt many who try to play a character like him understand that.

Yeah, the whole dual-wielding thing never really seemed to make much logical sense for a ranger.

To give Chuck Norris some company.

>Oh shit, i'm sorry!