Warhammer 40k General

Wacky inflatable baneblade edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Not the FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whig_history
beyondveg.com/billings-t/comp-anat/comp-anat-8b.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

remove chikin

Why does everyone hate the chicken?

I like the chicken

Do Catachan children get sent to the Scholas too?
Nice edition OP.
Not this again.

People don't actually play the game so instead of being able to talk about the tabletop, they shitpost about a general image.

It's not 40k.

What are you guys soing recently related to 40k? Any writefaggotry in the works? Any kitbashes/custom models/rules? How did your last game go?

I just finished putting together the Tau start collecting box.

For my next purchase, is Kroot and a Hammerhead decent enough? It's either that or stealth suits, piranha, and a sniper team.

My group consists of Eldar, vanilla Marines, Admech/skitarii, and CSM, plus one guy that likes to field Knights.

Doing*

You nignogs know any good planet generators? I only know of Dark Heresy's acid/LSD/PCP fueled generator that can create some strange planets.
Guy who said he was working on the writefaggotry about the Justaerian and his bro reflecting on the Age of Darkness and asking themselves if this is what they want and the writefaggotry about muh forge world. The former is getting done slowly.

I would say some stealthsuits over the hammerhead.

kroot and hammerhead will give you an allrounder small army until you get larger purchases, stealth suits and sniper teams arnt overly effective in the minimum size squads

So guys, I really like the aesthetic and story behind the Tau Empire.

However according to this board they are overpowered as fuck and anti-fun to play.

Is there any army composition I can play with them that would be fun for my opponents too and create fair and fun games?

Play an army that consists of nearly all Kroot and only one Fire Warrior. Nothing overpowered, and you can play the faction you love.

dont use riptides in games under 1500 points, play vespid and breacher clear teams for your frontline, have an ethereal in your backline

Aside from a couple formations and units, Tau aren't overpowered so much as just top tier. Every unit is good, buts it's quite possible to make an army your opponent can have fun playing against.

Moreover, Tau are very fun to play. You've got a lot of options, you're very flexible, and you get a lot of neat tricks and resources to manage. Most armies *wish* their codex was as well written as Tau, but just at a slightly lower power level.

Balance in 40k changes on a dime. Pick the army you want, or pick a game with better balance than GW offers, but don't choose an army because the one you actually wanted was too strong.

If you do find you're crushing your opponents, play homebrew scenarios and campaigns instead of Tournament style death matches.

What are some house rules (that don't involve painting) that you guys run for your games. Any?

I just recently started playing. Why do the armies feel more like a wheel of elements where fire beats ice but ice beats grass instead of feeling balanced? Do I need to put something in my army to offset my ice army against fire? Is there any army that feels like it can somehow deal with any scenario if the strategy Is good enough?

I moved from chaos (my very favorite faction) to space wolves for this reason. I love both, but I've ended up playing chaos more anyways since other people don't seem to like my 750 point thunderwolf deathstar

It's never fun to play against deathstars, no matter how good they are or aren't.

Same with lists of nothing but Knights, for example.

Fun maybe once for novelty, but they make gameplay boring. Unfortunately GW keeps putting them into the game.

People want to talk about 40k, not shitposters

What about pathfinders and broadsides?

Make army that has fire, ice and grass in it. Dont focus on fire or ice will kill you. Use your fire units on their grass units, your ice on their fire units, and your grass on their ice? units.

great units, are useful in any size army

quick note for pathfinders, rail rifles are bad vs armor but amazing vs tough infantry like terminators, ion rifles are amazing vs clusters of infantry or light armor, people generally get them mixed up when they see AP1 on the rail rifle

Nope. The game itself is a trainwreck. The neckfats and argumentative retards here will disagree, but anyone with a scrap of common sense can see that 40k is a messy, unbalanced shitshow.

What's the best/most fun armies to play a pure tank battle with? IG/Tau? IG/Orkz?

well for me there's a need to have certain elements in an army and some armies lack things. long range (36" to 48), short ranged (18-36), cqc units, fast, psychic and possibly monster/vehicles/flyers. nids and daemons for example don't have a lot of ranged support but plenty of cqc, psychic, monsters, and fast units.

also the game is heavily in favor of ranged > combat

My group only plays kill team and 30k 3k games. It makes warhammer actually playable.

You got to apply Pokemon logic to this game now.

Blood Angels FAQ dropped. 1/5

Either koyon or montka has a tank battle thing where you can get tank aces with a rollable perk table. Its only ig/tau

how to start collecting eldar lads?

2/5

3/5

GET FUCKED BLOOD ANGELS

>can we have a better codex?
>no
It's official then, you can stop begging.

4/5

The Eldar Start Collecting box is 150 bucks of models for about 85 bucks. Get some bits from ebay to change the Fire prism into a Wave serpent and grab some Dire Avengers and you have a decent army right there.

So:

Ethereal
2x5 FWs
1x3 Crisis Suits (various loadouts)
4x PFs (rail or Ion depending)
4x PFs (vanilla)
2x1 BS (rail / plas)
~500pts

Would be decent? I could trade one BS our for Kroot instead. And I magnetize everything so don't sweat the wargear, I can always adapt if railsides turn out to be underwhelming vis-a-vis missiles, etc.

5/6

Forgot about one of the Eratta pages, amending count.

6/6

banshees, always go for the bansheeand Wraithknights, u can take 5 on 2k points games

Get Vespid

Well shit
Fuck this, scouts should be errata'd back DOWN to WSBS 3
Not only is it fluffier (why are teenaged initiates the same skill as veterans of centuries?), it's yet another reason to never take Tacs for troop choices.

Skyhammer fuckery aside, they really didn't get any true nerfs.

Meh, I'd still take Tacticals. More wargear options (like Melta or Grav), alternate vehicle options instead of "footslog or Land Speeder Storm" and a better save.

Am I the only one okay with that?

I've always thought scouts are cool, and isn't it fluffy to have more scout heavy armies on the tabletop than we currently do?

same reason why eldar bakers, chefs, and pencil makers are ws/bs4

>I've always thought scouts are cool, and isn't it fluffy to have more scout heavy armies on the tabletop than we currently do?
It would make sense if they were more disposable ie cheaper and slightly lower stats. It doesn't make sense if you take them because they're just as good shots as the veterans for a few points less.

Probably the same reason mere humans, (Scions, Sisters, Guardsman VETERANS) can be the same BS as "veterans of centuries"

Posting again, dark angel's sprues-user
#
Do what other user said, individual pics.

That said, when you do sell I want the circled sprue or specifically that sexy hammer

There is a limit on how much you can scale stats on a system that revolves around 6 sided dice.

How the hell do you cram 5 WKs into 2k? You need 5 HQ, and 10 troops. Cheapest HQ is 35 a piece (one man warlock council) and cheapest troop is 3 windriders at 51. Just the windriders for 5 CADs are 510.

WS4 makes less sense because being that good in melee combat takes a lot more training and time, whereas BS4 is fine since guns are relatively easy to learn how to use.

One could make the argument for BS5 veterans, since fighting and shooting for literally centuries should probably put them on the level of professional Olympic level shooters or better.

Vets aren't even Vets when compared to Tacts save for 2 attacks instead of one. Bitching that they can't outshoot scouts is silly when they can't even outshoot the Tacts.

The reason they probably got bumped to BS/WS 4 is to show them as better than normal humans. The problem is the difference is so small that on GW's current scale they can't really show off the difference between a scout, normal Marine and vet.

>Probably the same reason mere humans, (Scions, Sisters, Guardsman VETERANS) can be the same BS as "veterans of centuries"
All of those guys can have claim to also having gone through centuries of combat.
A guardsman veteran isn't fresh off the boat, a Scion and SoB trained their entire lives in the Schola and are probably represented TT by the vets anyway considering what the fluff says about them
The Scouts are in the actual canon of the codex the new recruits of the Legion.

This all day.

I'd actually like GW to go D10 just to give us a more flavorful spread on the stats.

Yes but within those limits there can still be a better and a worse option

by not using CAD; the craftworld warhost allows 1-12 aux and 1 aux in particular is the wraithknight

Anyone ever thought about the fact that our world could be part of something like the Imperium and we'd never know?

First I'm selling the complete boxes I had collected.

I'm not gonna send anything sorry. I'm selling everything locally. I live near Amsterdam so if you also live around there you may have it. Otherwise I'm sorry.

This is everything that's complete what I had and what I'm selling.

I had such great dreams and ideas, but I just cant find the time and patience to assemble and paint them...

Blood Angels' formation from the Start Collecting! kit.

Just got my Start Collecting! Nurgle, now to find a way to magnetize the drone wings from it to fit my Demon prince.

Do note this contradicts their own FAQ on multiple shot template weapons.

>All of those guys can have claim to also having gone through centuries of combat.
>A guardsman veteran isn't fresh off the boat, a Scion and SoB trained their entire lives in the Schola and are probably represented TT by the vets anyway considering what the fluff says about them
>The Scouts are in the actual canon of the codex the new recruits of the Legion.
Not true.
Firstly, it's not a legion anymore. Secondly, as said in C:SM
>though not yet fully fledged space marines, scout squads are still proficient in the use of such varied weapons such as shotguns, heavy bolters, sniper rifles and bolt pistols.
Page 101 in the pdf version in the mega
So user, they adressessed this point directly.
Moreover Scouts are stated to be
>in the final stages of becoming a battle brother
And that they
>fight just as hard as battle brothers of other companies
Both from Page 55
And as we all know, all space marine battle brothers have BS4 and WS4 minimum.
>but what about the WS4
Also adressessed. The mention of bolt pistols entails this, as a bolt pistol is used (on scouts at least) with a melee weapon: either a close combat weapon or chainsword. Since they never use one without the other, it can easily be inferred from the mention of bolt pistols. The sergeant/vet sergeant is the only exception to this, but he is in fact a fully fledged space marine who is merley training the scouts

Wow a tank with FNP.

pretty good.
Why a predator and not a dreadnought like the others though?

Does anyone use the librarian dreadnought? Seems like fun.

>that feel when you're thinking about your dead sempai

probably for that exact reason. They want more variety in their boxes. And Baal Preds are a unit that don't seem to get talked about much.

Yes.

However, the fact that neither an Inquisitor nor an Angel of Judgement has nuked this fucking degenerate cesspool full of evil and suffering into oblivion a thousand times over is proof that such an Imperium and God do not exist, respectively.

Yes. Assuming the laws of physics as we know them are inviolate, and as such technology never advances to a stage where FTL travel is possible, one would logically conclude any interstellar Empire would consist solely of independent star systems that go hundreds, if not thousands of years without any contact whatsoever from an outside source, belonging to the same species or otherwise.

We have strong evidence here on Earth that we are the descendents of creatures who arose here naturally, but the future of humanity on the galactic stage is more likely to resemble the Age of Strife than the Imperium of Man.

>this fucking degenerate cesspool full of evil and suffering

Humanity has been on an upward trajectory for thousands of years. Any outside observer that's been watching long enough would know this.

Well, this is a draft, so pointing that out on Facebook to correct them may get that fixed.

I'm not a Blood Angels, but the Baal Predator seems far more thematic to them than the Dreadnought.

Not him, but honestly Whigs should just fucking kill themselves. Do it faggot.

Unless it's a Furioso.

It's the "OG" of faction specific dreads

>We have strong evidence here

evidence that could be faked bullshit created by an interstellar space empire with warp engines and psychic powers. you're assuming that it would be outside of the reach of the imperium to trick a planet into accepting certain "facts" via technological deceit and political subterfuge. if the imperium really gave enough of a fuck to invest resources to make 100% certain the lie was maintained at all costs, they could. it wouldn't even be that hard in the grand scheme of things.

This. Hourly reminder that Whig historiography is reptilian tier, literally off urself my dude.

>We have strong evidence
>YEAH BUT IT'S NOT 100% FOOLPROOF EVIDENCE BECAUSE THERE COULD BE A CONVOLUTED INTERSTELLAR CONSPIRACY

that's why I said strong evidence, you donut

>We have strong evidence here on Earth that we are the descendents of creatures who arose here naturally
>'theory'

The fuck is a whig?

nobody is arguing that 40k is actually real and earth is part of it, faggot. my point was simply that your "evidence" isn't really evidence against a 40k universe, so much as it is evidence for the best worldview that you can rationally construct. there is a small but significant difference between those things.

I'm American too but come on man.

American history

>What is google

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whig_history
>Whig history (or Whig historiography) is an approach to historiography that presents the past as an inevitable progression towards ever greater liberty and enlightenment, culminating in modern forms of liberal democracy and constitutional monarchy. In general, Whig historians emphasize the rise of constitutional government, personal freedoms, and scientific progress. The term is often applied generally (and pejoratively) to histories that present the past as the inexorable march of progress towards enlightenment. The term is also used extensively in the history of science to mean historiography that focuses on the successful chain of theories and experiments that led to present-day science, while ignoring failed theories and dead ends.[1] It is claimed that Whig history has many similarities with the Marxist–Leninist theory of history, which presupposes that humanity is moving through historical stages to the classless, egalitarian society to which communism aspires.[2][3]

>there is strong evidence
>yeah but that doesn't mean it's not something else

You're really struggling with the definitions of "strong" and "evidence" here, aren't you

Who invited /pol/ again?

So... to summarize:
>things now are better than they used to be

I didn't realize that was a contentious fucking argument. Would you prefer to shut off your computer and hop a plane to Africa, where you can die of tuberculosis shortly after impregnating your own daugher? Because that's where we used to be.

The guy posting whig historiography did

1. That's objectively wrong, you fucking retard. Hunter-gatherers were healthier than anyone prior to 1900~
2. Your understanding of history is shit
3. Your idea that everything is getting better is shit

I hope some drunk Soviet sets off a bunch of nukes just to spite you tbqh m8

>1. That's objectively wrong, you fucking retard. Hunter-gatherers were healthier than anyone prior to 1900~
proof it

It's clear that you don't even understand day 1 epistemology and I'm not going to even bother any further.

When you see people bitching about Whig historiography, it's typically neoreactionaries railing against the leftist definition of "progress". I don't care one way or another, I'm just letting you know this is a common occurrence.

Can we not talk about /pol/ related things and talk about 40k things? Is that hard for some of you?

Use google. Alternatively, read any number of books on the subject. I recommend Morris, "Foragers, Farmers, and Fossil Fuels: How Human Values Evolve" even though his historiography is kind of shitty too.

I spent 0.5 seconds on google and grabbed the first link without reading it. Here you go.
beyondveg.com/billings-t/comp-anat/comp-anat-8b.shtml

>X agrees with Y, so it's bad since X is bad

Back2school

I'm done shitposting though, for the sake of the thread I quit (also I have to go to work lel)

>1x3 Crisis Suits (various loadouts)

generally you want weapons that go well together or have similar ranges

one i ran in smaller matches was 2x suits with 2x flamers each (dont twin link them) and 1x with 2 fusion blasters (if you can spare the points, dont twinlink them, otherwise keep them twinkined), the fusion blaster suit had a target lock because it shouldnt really fire at the flamer targets, an alternative to flamers is plasma guns or just more fusion blasters

>4x PFs (rail or Ion depending)
>4x PFs (vanilla)

splitting htem into 2 squads is good, but spread them out evenly i reckon so you have 2 squads that can markerlight 2 different enemy units, or fire at 2 different units with ion/rail rifles

>2x1 BS (rail / plas)

broadsides are rarely close enough to make use of rapid fire from plasmas i find, SMS is a great all rounder because of its range

railgun and HYMP comes down to preference, i'm not a fan of HYMP because of its AP4, however 4 shots at S7 is far better than a single shot at S8 AP1 for light armor

overall that looks like a solid starter army user, just remember that your ethereal is weak as shit and if he dies you give 1VP to the enemy, but if you can keep him out of LOS and in cover, his abilities are amazing so long as you keep your squads in range of his buffs

Whig party's a shitty way to do it seeing as everything they proposed has more or less become standard fare.

So in essence Whig shoudl be a reminder that we coddl have had this a hundred years ago and out society may well have leap-frogged off that.

We might even have science capable of making that ant-photo legible.

I didn't say it was bad, idiot, I was giving a neutral explanation of the meme. In fact I'm closer the right wing side but that's irrelevant. Learn how to read.