The villain puts on a pair of glasses

>the villain puts on a pair of glasses

What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_responsibility
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hit him with the glasses.

Grab his arm and make him hit himself. Be sure to ask him why hes hitting himself too.

Push your own up in a dramatic fashion, and then say something so unbelievable he takes his off in shock.

It's not right to hit a man with glasses.

hit him with a cricket bat instead

Give that nerd a swirlee.

Jokes on him, I am from from the Khmer Krahom

apologize and leave

Shit man we're only human don't bring us questions like this.

Take yours off. Balance achieved. Ommmmm.

Put on sunglasses

Ask him to take his glasses off, since you intend to hit him.

Give him a nuggie, as one does to nerds.

A guy with glasses was bullying one of my friends in high school.
One day he really pissed him off, my friend came right in front of him, took off yhe bully's glasses and carefully put them aside.
Then he punched him really hard in the face.
And carefully returned the bully's glasses on the bully's nose.
Needless to say nobody dared to try bullying him again, but since this day most people who knew him in middle school everybody thinks he's some kind of psycho.

>some dude I've been picking on takes off my glasses
>and I just sit there and let him

Dude was retarded.

young bullies are not the smartest bunch

You know what sucks? Even fighting back now a days gets you expelled. Why are our schools so pussified now? I was bullied then I fought the guy. Its the best way to beat back your bullies. Even if you lose at least the teacher knows its a problem and will not try to avoid the problem. Or at least that's how it was for me. Plus at least now your bully knows he wouldnt get away without at least receiving some kind of resistance

Reminder grade school children are suspended for biting their pop tarts into gun shapes

But user, It's not their fault that they decided to gut punch you, set fire to your jacket whilst you were wearing it and steal your lunch. They have problems at home and that entitles them to inflict years of needless misery on others. If you fight back then I think we all know who the real bully is. It's you Ann, it's you.

If I stand up for myself then my enemies win

I agree, I was never beaten up or anything but I should have fought back with violence, telling about it does jack shit even if the teachers care. It'll just continue a while after.
>put on glasses
>headbutt

DELET THIS

Wish we could. gotta wait for the next election

When I was a youngin I got jumped after school and tried to push the guy off me.

Pushing my attacker off me got me a police record.

The guy who jumped me got nothing.

What the fuck are kids supposed to do today?

how times change

You haven't seen Wreck-It Ralph, have you? Do what he did.

Kek, I getcha man.

Jeez, that might be the ugliest spate of anti-intellectualism of the century.

Too many bullies got stabbed or shot in the fighting back process. If the kids are getting bullied then they're obviously not well equipped to deal with the problem on their own.

>bullies got stabbed or shot in the fighting back process.

How is this not a good thing?

And clearly the solution is to raise a generation to believe that the appropriate way of dealing with a fucking dick is to just let him walk all over you, and that if you get angry and fight back, YOU'RE the bad guy. And then they wonder where all the repressed rage in young men and omen is coming from.

De-funding of an unsafe education systems leading to more problems. Zero tolerance policies leading to more incompetence when dealing with the situations.

Violence doesn't solve bullying problems.

>Violence doesn't solve bullying problems.

No, but a culture which shames people for standing up for themselves doesn't solve it either.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the idea the "zero tolerance" craze just generates incompetence. When you train your educators to treat everything as an extreme it drives a really naive worldview into their minds.

Just today I read a story about some school district in New Jersey where the policy is to call the police every time a child displays behavior which may indicate some larger problem. A third grader spent his last day of school for the year being questioned by the cops because his teacher thought he was acting racist when he started chatting with a friend about "brownies".

That made me smile, but America is a big country, remember. While that kind of stuff may be happening in New Jersey, the exact opposite is happening in some rural part of the country. Undercorrecting and overcorrecting the situation creates big problems that last, but when we don't have a one Culture, with set values, then I can't find anyone to blame. Even if you can't come up with a good reason for your example to happen, it would probably be more than justifiable in a more racist part of the country.

I have never heard of "brownie" used as a racial slur. Especially when a child is using it, because 99.9% of the time he's talking about the fucking snack.

And even if it was intentionally used as a form of racism there's no fucking reason to call the police over it. No matter where you live. This district is run by out of touch wieners.

better to be out of touch and lose $10,000 calling the cops on a false alarm than lose $10,000,000 in a potentially racially charged lawsuit.

>cops bill for showing up

And yeah, American lawsuit culture is ridiculous. I can't believe how massive of a pussy everyone is now.

Better safe than sorry with stats for shootings and race crimes America has. More shootings than days of the year last year.

Yeah, especially when teachers and faculty can lose their jobs so quickly over things like that.

>Better safe than sorry

An eight-year-old talking about how much he likes ice cream and brownies is not going to shoot up his school. Anyone who thinks "oh well better than safe than sorry" is an out of touch moron with no common sense.

The only reason to even consider getting the police involved is because as you said, it only takes one idiot helicopter parent lawyering up to turn it all into a huge stink and you gotta cover your ass.

That's just the times we live in I guess.

In that specific area of the country where a teacher can get fired, sued and jailed for pretending not to hear something while a race crime ending in homicide can go almost unnoticed here.

Shooting, shoveling, and shutting up, a k a the 3-S treatment

kek

Shove him in a locker

>implying most of the violent crimes against minorities in Jersey aren't also conducted by said minorities against each other in shitholes like Camden, Newark, and Trenton
>implying they don't have bigger problems like massive poverty due to insane property taxes and being the literal dumping pit for New York and Philly thus incentivizing enhanced illicit activity in the urban areas due to mafia and cartel activity, which is hard to root out or protect oneself against since NJ has retarded gun control laws

New Jersey has lots of problems, but rampant racism is not one of them.

I agree that fighting back is one of the better ways of stopping bullying, but really, it's all about making yourself a difficult target. I stuck with a group of other misfits in school, if someone wanted to try something, they had to deal with all of us.

I don't know if prison gangs are exactly a good thing in school, but it did solve the problem for us, and after a while, people gave us a wide breadth even without us doing anything (See those crazy looking fuckers over there? Stay the hell away from them, they're probably go Columbine if you try anything.).

P R E P A R E T O B E B U L L I E D N E R D

IT'S TIME FOR THE ATOMIC WEDGIE, DUDE! MAKE SURE HE CAN TASTE HIS OWN SKID MARKS, BRAH!

telekinetically move his arms and make him hit himself

This is a consequence of "Zero Tolerance" policies. Which would perhaps more honestly be called "Zero Accountability" or "Zero Responsibility" policies, because that's why they were created: to remove any and all accountability from the school's administration.

A school which applied even the smallest modicum of common sense would understand that there's a difference between aggression and self defense. Unfortunately, when given the choice between "common sense" and "reduced liability of lawsuits from angry parents", common sense goes right out the window.

Amusingly, when you treat any and all infractions as equally severe, victims of bullying have much LESS incentive to restrict themselves to using the Minimum Necessary Force to protect themselves. If they're going to be expelled for defending themselves either way, they may as well send that bastard to the hospital.

Remember though bullying is rarely physical. Zero Tolerance policies are generally applied to nonviolent acts, like calling another kid "homo" or making a gun shape with your hand.

Most modern bullying is people acting shitty on facebook or social media.

Now, common sense dictates the best way to fight that is just turning off the screen and going outside. I'm inclined to agree this is the best medicine. But there is a trend for online bullying to translate to offline behavior. Kids who find themselves bullied on the internet will often go to school the next day and find out everyone is excluding them in real life because of what some fag said about them on twitter.

And it's on the rise, because the most recent generations of parents can't be bothered to teach their kids not not act shitty on the internet.

When I was in elementary, I was probably the biggest nerd there was, and my school was known for bullying. I knew it wouldn't be long before I got bullied since I also had a british accent and indian. So I simply befriended my PE coach, this chill as fuck dude who would always cheer people on but at the same time was probably the scariest fucker around. Eventually a kid did bully me, and I waited until PE to react to that shit. Kid pushed me making me stumble, I got up and hit him in the stomach, and a brawl was beginning. One of the kids freaked and ran to get the PE teacher. When this guy saw what was happening, he was about to knock that kid out himself. Instead he reported the kid to the office, gave him detention and had him run laps everyday for the rest of year in PE. By the end of the year, the kid and me became friends and the kid started doing baseball and track.
Tl;dr: befriend your PE teacher. They are probably the only ones that can actually deal with a bully so that the bully leaves you alone.

Kick him.

A big part of the problem is people whose "common sense" tells them that the "correct" solution is for the victims to just turn off their feelings and/or remove themselves from existence, apparently under the logic that no victims means no problems. These soundbites do nothing to solve any problem, and the people who repeat them usually know that, but they make it easy to push responsibility onto the victim, which shields bullies from guilt.

Surely The God Emperor will annex us when he wins the election this november.

Challenge him to a def poetry jam contest.

Honestly I think it's a two-way-street.

If you spend all your time stalking a classmate on Facebook and calling her a slut then you're a shitty person and your parents are either lazy or shitty people themselves. Possibly both.

But if you spend all your time engaging in comment wars and PM drama with someone who called you a slut--to the point it interferes with your real life--then you're taking your online presence too seriously and your parents should probably step in and get you to do something else.

A big cause of cyberbullying is usually the victim puts up something embarrassing or similarly compromising on the Internet. So many of these cases can be avoided if someone just educates these kids of one simple fact: once it's on the internet, it's there forever.

What the fuck happened in this thread? How did we get from a shit 'wat do' thread to discussing the intricacies of the modern educational system and the various cultures of and reactions too bulling in 21st century america?

It's not like there was an actual topic to begin with, so a derailment isn't strange.

>And even if it was intentionally used as a form of racism there's no fucking reason to call the police over it. No matter where you live. This district is run by out of touch wieners.

>be teacher
>be phonin' it in because it's the last day of the year
>be ignorin' most of the little shits- wait
>Did that little fucker just say something about killing a bunch of Darkies?
>Oh shit, he fucking said it again.
>He called them Brownies, must be some new term the kids are using.
>He's talking about getting his friends together after school ends, forming a party, and killing a whole bunch of them!
>Sick fucker sounds excited, too.
>Everyone knows you don't just kill the Darkies for fun, you wait till one really deserves it.
>Shit, why'd the little bastard have to say something in my class
>I'm gonna get in so much shit if this gets out
>I better call the cops to sort this kid right

I have no point.
I just saw this in my head and was compelled to share my insanity.

No, the logic of calling the police was if the kid is saying something as horrifyingly racist as "brownies" then he must have unfit parents and we need to sort this out.

My niece is currently getting horribly bullied and cyber-bullied, entirely because she's prettier than the rich popular girl behind it.
Largely it centers on her somehow being simultaneously "ugly, fat, and a slut" when she is a virginal, athletic goofball.

Cyber-bullying is just like bullying.
You can do things to attract it, but sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, and if you think it's fifty fifty, you're lying to youself.

Logic and that post have not met

>Be me, nearly a decade ago
>Be in highschool
>Walk to class after lunch
>Some nigger is beating the shit out of a girl over on the grass
>She's on the ground screaming and he's kneeling over her punching her in the face repeatedly
>Right next to the pathway that connects the two halves of the campus
>Literally hundreds of people walking by, watching this happen
>Momentarily think about helping her
>Nah, I don't think I could restrain him without fighting him
>If we're throwing punches when a teacher shows up, I'm as fucked as he is
>I've just got to keep my head down for 6 more weeks until I'm out of here with my diploma
>Oh well, I hope she lives
At least a couple hundred other people saw the same thing and had the sang thought. I honestly have no idea how things turned out; I went to class and never heard anything about it again. In retrospect, I wish I'd waded in. The piece of paper I got for sitting on my hands never did shit for me. Being a hero for the week would have been so much better.

>Better safe than sorry with stats for shootings and race crimes America has. More shootings than days of the year last year.
There are more guns than cars in America, and fewer gun deaths than car deaths. Plus car accidents are more random than gun deaths, so you have a chance to reduce your odds of being shot just by not being a fucking cunt to everyone. Meanwhile, the only thing you can do to reduce your odds of dying in a car crash is to never leave your home.

Just be sure to do it in Florida, stabbing your bully falls under the stand you ground law. Some kid got off scot free because he got sick of being bullied and started carrying a knife, then when the bully found him after school and wouldn't leave him alone, he stabbed him and the bully died.

Cars add value to our society. Guns do not.

>guns aren't a huge industry

He beat Patrick Brazeau bloody, tho.

They reduce crime (at least when legal).

If I had a time machine and could go back to then knowing what I know now I would have been expelled from school and laughed on my way out of the door and some dipshit would have a different shaped face.

As it is my 5 years of hell are compensated slightly by watching them hastily cross street when they see me coming. They spent 10 years sitting on their arse collecting dole money, I spent 10 years doing hard graft and they know I'm too stubborn to let go of a grudge.

And nothing of value was lost.

Am I literally the only one in the thread that understands that there is a middle point in between doing absolutely nothing and instigating violence? Take this and on here I get that getting caught fighting someone else could lead to you getting in trouble and I definitely can see how attacking someone who was attacking someone else would be you instigating violence.
However, there is literally nothing wrong with standing there and shouting, "Hey someone call for help!"
You can call out to the attacker and point out that they could get in trouble for what they're doing.
You could call to the attacker and intimidate them with threats of violence without actually acting on violence.
It's even possible for you to shout, get attacked, and take a beating instead of someone, without you ever throwing a punch.
To me any of that is better than just doing nothing.

I endured believe my entire school career and hardly ever got in fights because I was better with words than them.
Once when I mouthed off to a bully and pissed him off so much that he lunged after me.
I ran out to where everyone is waiting for the school buses and stood my ground after tossing my precious back back to safety and the bully didn't do anything to me because now there were dozens of witnesses of me standing there while they would have to throw the first punch.

That's incredibly debatable.

A part of this is a very well-studied psychological effect called Diffusion of Responsibility (aka the Bystander Effect).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_responsibility

Whatever your feelings about the situation, sleep tight knowing that your free will is an illusion and everything you have ever done or will do has been predicted by social scientists.

>villain takes off glasses
>slicks back his hair
Flys with his cohorts to another dimension with a magic shield around him so no one can stop him
What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

First day on Veeky Forums, kid? Don't worry, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

So what you are saying is that you are a sheltered pussy who has never had to defend themselves against some asshole who doesn't give a shit.

Not at all?

Violence just breeds violence in endless cycles. That's why Christianity basically decided that retaliation was for fags. This was later expanded upon in the 18'th century when people decided that God would treat everyones souls with equal dignity and then this over the years turned into human rights, because people decided that religion was for fags.

So blame Jesus if you need to blame anyone.

>You could call to the attacker and intimidate them with threats of violence without actually acting on violence.
>He calls your bluff, keeps beating up girl
>Girl later booty calls you from the hospital because in real life you get more than a gold star for trying.

Must be nice in your imaginary world.

/thread

The same Jesus that threw out money lenders and the novelty gift shop owners from the temple.

He did not ask them quietly or meekly to leave, he beat them out with a whip made of vines and turned over tables.

And there is a big difference between self-defence, corrective punishment and retribution.

What determines posting on Veeky Forums?

Yeah so this is bullshit, the bully just froze and allowed him to take his glasses and place them aside? Then allowed him to hit him? Then allowed him to place the glasses back on?

come on

>Once when I mouthed off to a bully and pissed him off so much that he lunged after me.
>I ran out to where everyone is waiting for the school buses and stood my ground after tossing my precious back back to safety and the bully didn't do anything to me because now there were dozens of witnesses of me standing there while they would have to throw the first punch.

and then the whole school applauded, and that kids name was albert einstein

Punch him in the stomach.
It's all good so long as you don't hit his face.

Bar of soap/citrus fruit in a towel/sock also works very well if you don't want to leave a mark.

Notice how I said Christianity and not Christ in my second sentence.

>not rising up against your bully and beating him so hard you win this and every fight afterwards

It's like y'all didn't even read Ender's Game.

>So blame Jesus if you need to blame anyone.

He might stop, he might not.
But doing nothing definitely won't stop him.
>>Girl later booty calls you from the hospital because in real life you get more than a gold star for trying
In real life, you only get the satisfaction of having actually tried something, and knowing that you're not as much of a worthless coward as the townspeople from High Plains Drifter.

What was so unbelievable about that story?
The part where I made a smart-ass comment to a bully?
The part where I ran away like a little bitch?
The part where I ran to the safety of being surrounded by dozens of other kids and teachers?
Or the part where the bully, once he reached me in that crowd, did nothing out of stage fright or possible fear of getting in trouble?
I ran to safety where I knew I would not get terribly injured or have my stuff trashed, and then I stood my ground. It's not like I took a punch well or even through a punch.

Christianity only exists because of him. It the biggest pussy religion out of the world religions.

>It the biggest pussy religion out of the world religions.
t. Muslim

First post appears to once again be the best post.

Take them off, hit him, then put them back on.

No, Islam is the biggest cuck religion because it's focused on submission. Learn to generalise.

Commence dickings.