Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7NGTBzviPwA
www85.zippyshare.com/v/uSuMNELr/file.html
pastebin.com/jDsaER8Z
theironpact.com/
ordomagica.com/
drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8878/Jarnringen
butik.jarnringen.com/en/shop.php?id=41105
kickstarter.com/projects/449518387/symbaroum-thistle-hold-wrath-of-the-warden/description
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone playing any games? How are they going? What are you doing?

>I played one game, we're setting up another. I know of 3 more on Roll20. I really enjoyed it. We journeyed to a frontier outpost and found out that corruption the workers were becoming tainted. Most of the session was and investigation that determined the corruption was coming from a nearby ruin. Next session, we're going in.

No link to the Kickstarter?

I'm just waiting for my stuff to get here and have enough friends built up to run a group for them.

I plan on dangling a few hooks here and there but I plan on directly stealing a plot right out of a short Hellboy comic. Actually, I could steal a whole lot of short stories from Hellboy for plot ideas and have it work just fine and dandy, though some original works or at least more esoteric stuff should be thrown into the mix.

youtu.be/7NGTBzviPwA [Remove]
>english pdf share (+a few minor ones in swedish)
www85.zippyshare.com/v/uSuMNELr/file.html
>link/info pastebin
pastebin.com/jDsaER8Z
>Community material
The Iron Pact - theironpact.com/
Ordo Magica - ordomagica.com/
>stores to get additional pdfs not included in the share, and support the creators
drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8878/Jarnringen
butik.jarnringen.com/en/shop.php?id=41105

>Kickstarter updated with the Art book,GM's Screen, and the awaited PHB as add-ons.
kickstarter.com/projects/449518387/symbaroum-thistle-hold-wrath-of-the-warden/description

If you're interested in DMing, you'll find no shortage of players on Roll20. Although that might be a trend, i'm too new to Roll20 to actually know

Has anyone made a spellsword build yet? Whenever I try, I feel like it would have been better to just go one or the other. The only thing that really seemed to work with martials were out of combat utility spells

Theurgs can be pretty good paladins.

Sorcerers have Revenant Strike and Unholy Aura. Also, Curse for self-protection and general lols.

The thing is the Theurg spells like witch hammer just seem worse than martial abilities like iron fist.

GMed for my roommate a while back. She played a ranger, and was senton a mission to intercept a young noble which has travelled into Davokar and allegedly stolen something from a temple ruin.

She (roommate/pc) died though. Like, I was actually surprised by the mortality. Good to keep in mind for next time

How come these last few threads have died so quickly? The first ones were great

Spellswords are hard to do in symbaroum because warriors want depth in their abilities trees while mystics typically want breadth. The best you can do would likely either be a mystic with a novice fighting style or a warrior who knows a single spell/ritual, but neither are true spellswords.

I agree, but isn't the point of a sellsword being worse than a mage at magic, and worse than a warrior in combat, but uses the synergy of the two to make up for it? That doesn't sound too impossible in Symbaroum

I heard that there was a new set of errata for the CRB put out this week, anybody got the details?

How viable is a poleaxe knight sort of guy?

I have an important question. I have run a few games of this as a DM, I have read through the English translated book, or at least the one I have, pretty thoroughly.

But, I cannot for the life of me find out where it states the experience cost for advancing an ability! I know it is x+1 according to a few places I have scrounged up info from, but what the fuck is the X value? Is it the total of all ability rankings that the character has? Is it the value of just the one ability being raised +1?

Like say they are a (novice) Strangler would (adept) Strangler be (1)+1=2 exp to advance to? Or is there some other weird scaling to it? I am sure it is in there somewhere but I cannot find it in my copy. Also any chance someone has translated any of the players guide yet?

From what I have seen with the Pre-gen char one of my players is playing, pretty tanky. Fenya the goblin is a pretty decent tank, although you might be forgoing heavy armor for more dodging.

Polearm Master (adept) gives you the ability to get a free attack on anyone that enters your threat range, whether they walked up to you, or you to them. (Master) rank gives you the ability to keep them from being able to close with you using that free attack, so long as you hit they can't get into melee range.

If you go Goblin, putting two ranks into their racial ability Survival Instincts gives you a natural d4 soak of wounds (armor straight up soaks damage in this game, but reduces your ability to avoid it in the first place by encumbering you so this is pretty good since it is free light armor with no penalty).

Overall polearms are a pretty solid build in this game, unlike they are in most rpgs were it seems to be a focus on swords, despite the fact that polearms often have an advantage in open fighting.

>completed adventure. Experience is traded in for
higher levels in the character’s abilities, or used to
purchase new ones. To purchase a new ability at
Novice level costs 10 Experience, to increase from
Novice to the Adept level costs 20 Experience and
increasing from Adept to Master costs 30 Experience.
pg. 162 in the Core Rulebook

I'm waiting on the books to arrive so right now I'm planning on what to run for my players.

I'm just going to rehash old Howard's Conan short stories

The God in the Bowl is literally perfect for a session

There's definitely synergies to exploit, like the archery+levitate combo discussed last thread.

I thought u were talking about IRL until you said "good to keep in mind for next time"
jesus

I don't know, I talk a lot in a Discord group that like me and 12 other guys have. People may just be talking to their own groups now for the most part.

First I've heard of this game. Googling it, looks like a fairly standard fantasy setting. What's special about the setting/system?

>fairly standard fantasy setting

It's a Dark Fantasy, often described as a fantasy Stalker, though I wouldn't know since I haven't played stalker. It's setting is pretty unique in a lot of aspects, and the art is beyond amazing

He meant he will try to not kill his next player.

You heard me. The short description on drive through RPG doesn't sound like anything special, tell me why that's wrong.

Can you elaborate a little? Dark fantasy sounds interesting, but that can mean a lot of things.

Dark Fantasy, in this case, means that there are no heroes, only grave robbers and fortune seekers. Everything is in shades of grey, no good guys and no bad. Even the vile corruption, which turns man and beast alike into horrible monstrosities, is just nature lashing out at humans for tampering with it. War, disease, and famine is everywhere. Even when you win, get out of the forest with arms full of lot, you did so by sacrificing one or many, and in doing so you, most likely, unleashed something great and evil on this world.
Hope that helps.

That's a lot more descriptive yeah. Guess I'll check it out, thanks.

Patch Notes for v1.0.7:

Page 127: Blessed Shield has been added to the Theurg’s mystical powers.

Page 128: Among the powers of Sorcery, Curse has replaced Enthrall.

Page 128: Among the powers of Witchcraft, Curse has replaced Enthrall.

Page 128: Among the rituals of Witchcraft, Necromancy has replaced Compel Spirits and Oracle has replaced Divination.

Page 145: The Patron Saint has Discreet 9, not 5.

Page 186: Loremaster has replaced Scholar in the description of how to analyze artifacts.

Page 201: The monstrous trait Terrify counts as an Active Action on level I and II, as a Free Action on level III.

Page 211: The Robber has Strong 11 (-1), not ( 1).

Page 212: The Queen’s Ranger has Armor value 2

Page 216: The Village Warrior has Defense value -3, thanks to Shield and Shield Fighter.

Page 241: Stats for Ansel corrected, Priest robes has 1D4 in Armor

Page 242: Stats for Niha corrected, Defense 13 instead of 9

Page 243: Stats for Fenya corrected, Corruption 1 instead of 0

Does anybody have good storytimes from games yet?

I swear, when I first saw this picture unzoomed, I thought that was some kind of bunny man.

Lol

GET OUT OF DAVOKAR, STALKER

I need some advice on which level to buy-in for the Kickstarter. I currently have a pirated and physical copy of the Symbaroum core-- what pledge level should I go for?

I went Keeper with PHB (physical) and Artbook (pdf).

Steward includes physical copy of core book, so if you already have one, it's Keeper all the way.

I went with Keeper. And totally forgot about the Add-Ons, fuck.

How do you do the add-ons? I just added the amount for them+shipping onto my pledge, keeping the pledge level the same. Is that the right way to do it?

Yes. You can also add them later on pledge manager.

Cool, thanks broseph.

Ok, I have never seen this game before, and now I'm interested. Really dark sounding system, is the $105 steward reward on kickstarter worth it or should I just go with keeper and buy the core book separately?

It's worth it, I think. This Core Book is supposed to be higher quality than the print on demand ones, and it comes with adventures and maps and whatnot.

Dope, and how do I do this add-on item shit exactly?

See

These threads are really gonna pick up once you yanks and other non-swedes get the PHB. It's a lovely book.

You're God damn right. We'll also have a lot to talk about when Throne of Thorns starts reaching us

I'm salivating

So im trying to make a treasure hunter right now. I want him to be a sheltered noble who is following his brother's dreams of delving deep beneath Davokar.
I started taking tactician so that he could still be effective in combat but have bad physical stats. The issue is i can start with lvl 3 tactician but then i can't get loremaster.
I want loremaster because his whole idea is that he has read a lot about fighting and dungeons and gets most of his strength from this academic knowledge.
If i start with lvl 3 tactician then it feels kinda empty without loremaster
If I start with loremaster then i get high accurate, which doesn't suit the char, or he's just shit in combat and it will take forever for him to get lvl 3 tactician
Thoughts?

Have you talked to your GM about starting the game just a little bit higher level?

If not, you might have to scale back character concept to fit just a bit. Maybe book-learning is no substitute for the real thing.

>ya the issue is that then it takes forever to get to lvl 3, and im shit till then. but ya i think im going to use him as a backup char, and join in if my current one dies. then i can start with 60 xp, which works fine