EDH/Commander General

Previous Thread: >RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Topic: What is the worst card in your deck and why is it still in there?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kataki-wars-wage-edh-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saffi-eriksdotter-2016/
edhrec.com/random
edhrec.com/deck/?q=jin-gitaxias, core augur
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sen-triplets-political-pillowfort-kingmaker/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-hFP-mimeoplasm/
edhrec.com/deck/?q=talrand, sky summoner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CONTINUING TO OFFER MY SERVICES

Tell me your deck's Commander and what it does, I'll try to give it a 「 S T A N D 」 name

Pic related grindy hand destruction and value.

What? How so? Deal 6 to each opponent.

Seriously.

Assume I have 10 goblins, I target Zada. Trigger on the stack. Resolve first Fiery Gambit, lose on the first flip. Move on, resolve second fiery gambit, win 1 flip, lose the second, nothing happens. Okay, third goblin, I get lucky, win two flips, kill the goblin, deal 6 to each opponent.

It is about a 1in8 chance of getting all three effects. So, if you have 8+ goblins, you are likely drawing 9 cards and untapping all your lands. In addition to dealing 6 to each opponent for however many times you hit 2, which is 1in4.

Gambit's fine. It's Ignition that doesn't work.

「 Q U E E N O F T H E D A M N E D」

We were talking about Chandra's Ignition you sillybilly

And since we're talking about Zada, I need some SPICY tech

Soul Sisters lifegain, exile and smash with ghost uncle

Oh. Well, yeah.

It is fun in decks that can run stuff like Mark of Asylum.

Perfection

Kataki stax and white supremacy

Speaking of which, I'm adding Soul Sculptor, Vigilant Martyr, Crackdown, and Planar Guide. I need to figure out what the fuck to cut besides pulsemage advocate. Pls halp Veeky Forums
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kataki-wars-wage-edh-2/

My rule about Zada is even the world's shittiest pump spell is amazing in that deck. I know people usually just run the good ones that cantrip, but fuck that. Kill people FAST.

Neat. I'm building a new deck that is based around Geist of Saint Traft and banding.

Horobi as the Commander. (There's really only one way to build him.)

「 U N C L E K R A C K E R」
「 B I G P O P P A 」
「 T A X M A N」

This is actually really fun.

「 F U T I L E D E V I C E S 」
「 F O R W H O M T H E B E L L T O L L S 」

「 G H O S T F A C E K I L L A H 」

「 W A I L I N G S O U L S 」

What do you think?

Gwafa Hazid. Tons of Will of the Council and UW stuff from past Commander products that enable multiplayer interactions for them sweet politics. Along with pillowfort and Mind Control effects to steal big threats.

Love it.

My competitive deck which needs more fast.
Even if it means less fun, that is what my other decks are for.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saffi-eriksdotter-2016/

Pretty excited. The flavor is out of control and that ability is good too

I might actually build a deck with them

I think I might turn Gisa into them, especially since I already have a Monoblack deck. Gisa is probably stronger commander, but GG might be better on the whole with Blue because of things like Rooftop Storm and Havengul Lich.

>tfw casting Sidisi every turn

「 H O O D P O L I T I C S」

「 B R I N G M E T O L I F E」

「 B R I N G M Y B A B Y B A C K 」

>tutor Conspiracy
>play Conspiracy
>name Zombie
>mill/pitch your own stuff
>cast fuckhuge sea monsters, demons and Eldrazi for free off Rooftop Storm

From one Saffi player to another, you are on the right track, but can do a lot more. You're more goodstuff than mine, which is fine, but you're missing some great tech. You're especially lite on sac outlets.

First and foremost, get Blasting Station. It's a wincon all by itself in Saffi. I like having a Creature sac outlet that I can tutor with Worldly/Chord, so I also like the new Flight Moonsilver anger with Delirium from SOI. Other sac outlets like Martyrs Cause can't hurt, either.

Next, Angel of Glory's Rise is fantastic with Saffi, and offers more potential wins. You have plenty of value humans, but Mirror Entity is also a human, too. Add a Fiend Hunter with it because it also combos with Sun Titan.

Just some quick thoughts

Is hokori or kataki the more fun stax deck?

>Add Overeager Apprentice
>keep discarding creatures
>recast Apprentice for free
>still get BBB floating

Hokori can be evil. Kataki would probably be better in the 99 of a "blow up everything" Boros deck

hokori is stronger but it'll paint more of a target on your head because people will assume you're also playing smokestack esque stuff and a lot of people REALLY don't like playing under hokori cough sheldon cough.
kataki is good in the sense that very few people will spend removal on it/go after you for playing it. Also less artifacts adds room for cards like topplegeist or blinding angel (which reads: "Mono green decks lose unless they have a hornet queen or beast within or somthing")

Did the Sheldonator get blown out by Hokori or something?

>Once per turn

not to my knowledge, it's just that casual players think anything that harms their lands is sacrilege

To be fair, when I sit down to play a fun fuckaround game with my friends, I'm not really gonna have a great time if my turns are "Draw, discard, pass" because I'm not being allowed to play Magic.

U wot m8

I try to rush Rakdos out by turn four if possible and then cover him in enchantments and artifacts to beat my foe to death as quickly as possible.

Considering how hard it is to make a Rakdos deck actually work?

「 S Y M P A T H Y F O R T H E D E V I L」

Really digging it. The flavor is spot on.

Basicly what i want to do is be archenemy at the table every time i play since it seems to work out like that anyway i want to earn it.

So build Hokori, he can be a real bastard. Don't forget your Sword of F&F

「 M R T W I N S I S T E R」

Im going to get so much hate.
More like hokori tear drinker.

Freezes time using stasis effects, then combos off to win

Embrace it, friend user

Use Mycosynth Lattice and Stony Silence for total lockdown

「 M O O N A G E D A Y D R E A M」

You're a fucker. Jesus Christ.

Slobad, Stax and LD

Aboshan, Cephalid emperor, Cephalid tribal

>edhrec.com/random
Go here to find out your next commander! Hard Mode: Actually use the computerized decklist generator

Will i even be able to do anything besides attack after i do that?

「 M A C H I N E H E A D 」

「 M U R M A I D E R」

I think I'm tapped out. Bedtime.

I couldn't do it tonight, but if you guys wanted we could do a game on Untap/Cockatrice with all using a random general and a generated decklist, sounds kinda fun though we'd have to trust that the decklists are the ones generated.

Yes

Get the efficient beaters/Voltron package out (however small) before you set the lock. And an Orb of Dreams and Amulet of Vigor to keep your shit untapped while fucking everyone else over

IF IT CHANNELS MAMA AGAIN IT WILL BE DISSECTED

edhrec.com/deck/?q=jin-gitaxias, core augur

That would be really fun.

Jank, nothing but ETB jank.

>that laboratory maniac
Is there actually a way to use him in that generated deck?

I ordered a ton of the cards today and think I might add necrotic ooze encase this duder ends up in the grave.

I'm a bit mad I forgot to pick up coffin queenand raving dead for spice.

its a 4 mana sorin i love it.now i need to make x copys of it, where x is the number of players a the table, and then humility with there abilitys on the stack.

Okay, last one.
「 E N T E R T H E S O U L」
「 E T E R N A L G R O O V E」

got your commander right here famalam

Ertai the Corrupted. It's a hard Stax/Prison deck. Also my most expensive at just under 6k.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sen-triplets-political-pillowfort-kingmaker/
Sen Triplets with a theme for Politics, King-Making, and recently "Hands Revealed" theme. (Not listed on deck list)

Either Mimeoplas: Toolbox - Combo
or Hidetsugu: Punisher- Group Suicide

> not DEVIL MAY CRY
ONE
JOB

Going into my Meren deck along with that new vampire bitch that makes people sac 3 creatures.

I love how someone said this would be unplayable in edh, like tap shenanigans and dropping a creatures toughness to one is impossible in edh
> drop trees hp to one
> tap shenanigans until everyone's life is at one
> laugh as you tap some jank card to do one damage to all opponents
He's fun, can be in colors where you flicker to avoid exile, too bad he can't target yourself

>Tree goes to 1
>switch with opponent
>tree now 40

do it for the glory

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-hFP-mimeoplasm/

Since it got ignored last thread, maybe now you faggots will give some advice or hate?

>power
> not toughness

Fug so close. Is there something that's similar to that ability that damages through toughness instead?

Stall long enough with counters and boardwipes until I play Enter the Infinite and scrap together a win condition from there. Lab Maniac and Leveller sometimes make an appearance.

Only things that affect the creatures controller.
Unless Doran is good enough for you.

So Veeky Forums I need some help. I am trying to decide on cutting Lightning Greaves for Asceticism, and Sylvan Library for Cream of the Crop.

Reasons being, I have more than 1 important creature, and they all need some loving, not just one specific one. That and I do not have enough shuffle effects for Sylvan to be that important, but I cant count how many times that extra card draw has helped, nor can I count how many times I wish I would have drawn a Thassa instead of a Sylvan (both are in the deck).

What do you people think?

You gotta list for that?

Passive twin casting, twin casting and when I cast a sorcery it casts an instant from my graveyard.

Druidball, makes fuckloads of mana.

Of course it takes a little work, but repeatedly turning the tree to uno isn't very hard, the commander already linked is one way since you're already doing tap shenanigans.

That or you just swap with a karlov player, get the tree to some Ritchie ridiculous toughness, give assign toughness, trample or some other bullshit.

Multiple ways to have fun. I'm sure the guy who was getting signatures on his triskadeabipboopbopbadiddlydoobopaphobiboo died of an erection after seeing this thing

I find it hard to believe you don't have a card in your deck worse than Sylvan Library that can't be replaced instead.

>Considering how hard it is to make a Rakdos deck actually work?
It really isn't.

I could, but at this rate my other options would be:

Austere Command
Cyclonic Rift
Curse of the Swine
Return to Dust

>he plays curse of the swine
laughingspikes.jpg

I'm probably going to turn my Alesha into Anafenza Enchantress to kill people with Teiskadekafuckyou. It could probably work in Alesha because of the haste, but green has better recursion.

Prossh, infinite combo with food chain/phyrexian altar/ashnod altar

Win cons are usually Purphoros/Blood Artist damage, Skullmulcher to cast my whole deck for free, or just voltron equip Prossh with infinite unblockable damage

Makes the opponent choose what creatures to sacrifice to Kresh

Go home Edhrec, you're drunk.
edhrec.com/deck/?q=talrand, sky summoner

What's the matter with curse of the swine?

it's a slow sorcery that deals with creatures after they've had time to do their thing
the pigs can be a bad time
takes 5 mana to get 3 guys and unless you're exiling one dude's creatures you're making like 3 enemies
it's like siphon mind but worse because no one likes getting critteremoved

Good Ol' Oloro,esper fuck you with a bunch of combos,with a enchantment prison subtheme

WE GOT RED DONATE BOYS

>「 I A M A H U G E F U C K I N G F A G G O T」

>tail has a mouth
PANIC

Holy shit.
>file name

What a strange set to print it in.

Nice. I can't wait to try and give someone a Demonic Pact with this.

>mfw tooth and nail for kiki jiki and massacre wurm and copying wurm with the trigger on the stack

Turnabout, targeting you, choosing lands.

Thinking of building some decks, who would be good commanders for a mass discard deck and a steal yo shit deck?

Dragon lord silumgar?

desu I play in a graveyard heavy meta so exiling all zombies actually has a ton of value, so Angel is worth looking into.
I didn't even realize w finally got a creature based sac outlet, so getting on of those.
And yeah, blasting station and fiend hunter is on my to-be-bought list.

Also need to look into a bit faster ramp, but it'd be a pity to take out the pod theme.

This.

Also consider:
Cao Cao, Lord of Wei
Crosis, the Purger
Gwendlyn Di Corci
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
Nicol Bolas
Sedris, the Traitor King
or a personal favorite for extreme value
Sygg, River Cutthroat