Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why aren't you playing a kitsune vigilante (night terror) with Innocuous Servant, Companion to the Lonely, a Traveler's Any-Tool, and Rough and Ready who pretends to be a loving maid and fights with mops and brooms?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B-0060exu9xUcUpKcE9jTXFhU2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best outsider species?

I once had a sahkil as an NPC in my game, just a week or two after the Bestiary 5 was released. This was their humanoid form.

Because I'm currently playing a sylph princess

Succubus with just one level in the monster class, so you can fuck them without the whole soul theft thing.

Because I'm playing an Agathiel Vigilante with Innocuous Servant and Companion to the Lonely who sweeps floors by day and gives the knot by night

Qlippoth, easily.

This was their sahkil form.

Can a Mahou Shoujo with Companion to the Lonely just fuck her familiar for that bonus?

Naughty sahkil's get spanked!

Sahkil are cool as fuck. They fight The Man, who is in this case Pharasma.

Only if it's a Mauler familiar.

Die in a fire, familia.

was she/it on your side?

Sylph, obviously

He's the DM, of course it was.

Sahkil tieflings when?

Sylph

>hurr durr X happened
>TIME TO MAKE IT ABOUT MUH TIEFLINGS
Kill yourself honestly

Because that's my Esquire Cavalier's Aide-de-camp.

...My players must never find out about this.

My heart is not ready to run monstergirl maid campaigns.

Have tieflings become the new drow? The new go-to race for faggots who masturbate over NOT BEING EVIL or screaming "cute! CUTE!" or forcing their terrible shemale fetishes?

No; the two PCs (a catgirl and an archon girl) lost their battle against the sahkil, and they were forced to work as maids in an Ethereal Plane manor until they staged a maid rebellion.

So its a house rule now that I'm not allowed to roll for the random encounters anymore, last week when we played we had to fight 5 sin spawn of various degrees, this time I rolled a 19 which means we had to fight a teenage dragon. On the bright side, lots of exp.

An...archon girl?

I was always kinda unimpressed with archons in terms of power compared to other outsider races.

Gate archon
Star archon
Shield archon
Exscinder archon

From the last Thread ill reword what I said, we have a guy in our group that is kinda being a baby when stuff does not go the way he wants it. Last week his character Who is literally Qrow from RWBY died, but we had a res scroll, well it didn't go the way it was ment to and it turned into a reincarnation scroll and he came back as a Tengu, he pitched a fit and said his character was just going to kill himself when he woke up. This week he got over it, but with crit failures, he killed another in our party and ended up dying because he was a retard and decided to attack a random encounter NPC. So the NPC decided to kill him in retaliation after my character calmed them down. now he is acting like a baby about it when we where trying to plan our game next week saying stuff like "you do whatever you want, I wont be there" any advice to get him over it?

>not running a monstergirl campaign

You loss

She was a trumpet archon.

>Named Crow (more or less)
>reincarnate as crow.
>Complain

Wat.

inb4 cucks make Iomedae references and think they're funny jokes

Qrow from RWBY, literally Qrow from RWBY, and he wanted to be human and nothing else, even though he was much better off as a Tengu, working wings and all, he still complained.

>Star Archon
Legitimately the most powerful archon. Only special ability is a self destruct half the power of a Balor's.
Admittedly, the rebirth is okay. But it wouldn't win a fight against any of the other most powerful outsiders with it.

Spell-likes are alright, but it's already a 19th level caster at that point. So it has miracle. Better spells than a Balor, except lack of guaranteed summoning.
Less damaging than a Pit Fiend, quickened fireball is really nice.

300 hp. 34 AC. No holy aura. Regen, though.

Balor: 370HP. 36 AC. Constant unholy aura. No regen.
Pit Fiend: 350 HP. 38 AC. Constant unholy aura. Regen.
Solar: 363 HP. 44 AC. Holy aura prepared, but better SR, AC and resists without it. Better regen than any other as well.

In summary, the only thing Star Archons have going for them is decent spells, but they get outdamaged by Pit Fiend's spells and get out everything'd by Solars. The only one they have an advantage on is Balors, which have a higher CL anyways, and have the resistances, straight up immunity and health to tank the more damaging spells.

Alrighty comrades, after long day of work I'm finally ready for some Hellknights, hook me up Veeky Forums!

The strongest archon is Ambithas from Heaven Unleashed.

Avengers get Mad Rush, but the Agathiel can get pounce from Beast Shape at level 8, with Avenger /OR/ Stalker specialization. If you go with catfolk and dex, you can then do it without a penalty to boot. Admittedly, you could also do a tiefling variant to do a Str build and just wear fullplate, but that's something else entirely.

>"hyped for next gaming session"
>mfw someone's probably going to flake out at the last second again
>mfw we were supposed to finish book 1 for shattered star a month ago
>mfw I just want to get the trap at the start of book 2, that /pfg/ spoiled for me months ago, over and done with
>preferably by being the one to trigger it, since one player is absent all the time and the other would get upset with the race change even though it is objectively an upgrade

Isn't that just a unique Gate Archon?

I mean, he has wizard levels, but are we counting uniques?

Because I wasn't counting Balor Lords or Paragon Empyrean Angels

Congrats on your pedantic autism.

No wizard levels, just CR 17 and casting off both cleric and sorc/wiz lists.

Is a Crit-fishing Paladin a decent idea?

Depends.

Are you the kind of paladin who rides on horseback, with a lance, power attack, spirited charge and you have a cyclops helm and bless weapon?

smite doesn't double on a crit

Pretty sure it does.

I thought it was just extra dice that don't multiply. Lay on Hands shouldn't, but I don't see what keeps Smite from multiplying

Yeah it does.

It's a flat damage bonus, it crits.

Technically speaking, yes.

Tear my new homebrew to shreds, /pfg/.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B-0060exu9xUcUpKcE9jTXFhU2s

Dead levels: the class. Fix it.

what are some great gestalt combination of classes? any level ok.

Besides Chill Touch, does the Magus spell list have any decent spells for dealing with undead?

It's generally accepted that in the special section, you include when a previous ability is upgraded or gains a new feature.

Well at first glance it's way too front-loaded. Also the BAB doesn't increase correctly. Also only having one good save is bad, and having Reflex be that save is worse.

What about 3pp?

You can't go wrong with Oracle Paladin.

I'm a particular fan of:
Oracle 2 | Paladin 2
Oracle 3 | Warlord 3
Battle Templar 10 | Oracle/Warlord 10 (your preference)
Oracle 5 | Warlord 5

preferably 1pp only.

So for anyone here who has played evil characters, do your characters tend to know they're evil, or are they convinced otherwise? If they're convinced otherwise, how would they react to condemnation from a Paladin?

I ask because I'm planning on trying out an megalomaniacal NE Alchemist with an emphasis on trans-humanism and his vision for a perfect world where disease and famine don't exist, but at the cost of everyone's humanity.

>Battle templar

That's a dual advancement class, those are a no-no in gestalt builds. Keep them to one side or the other, no crossing.

How do multiple miss chances from different sources interact? For example, if I have Blur and Mirror Image active.

Stat me in Paizo/DSP Pathfinder. No coat, no Edge Lord.

You have a particular role you like?

Hell, you can always go Goliath Druid/Synthesist Summoner.

You become a moss troll with regen/fire.
Go for immunity to fire with your eidolon.
Grab an anchoring harness, Die Hard, Deathless Adept, Deathless Master, Resilient Eidolon.

You should be immune to hp death by level 12.

>Ugly ass DO NOT COPY watermark stamped across every page

Do you really think somebody's going to be dumb enough to copy this garbage, user?

Mirror Image isn't a miss chance. Different sources of concealment overlap, not stack, so shadowy illumination doesn't stack with Blur, and Displacement overlaps Blur and shadowy illumination.

Then advance Paladin at the same time.

not really. just looking for interesting combinations.

commoner 0

Only the highest miss chance applies, but Mirror Image doesn't count as a miss chance, since it prevents direct targeting.

You'd have to do something like Paladin//Warlord/Oracle/Battle Templar, but that'd suck compared to plain Oracle//Warlord.

Nothing but complaints about the formatting of my table and petty insults. I should have known I wouldn't get any decent criticism here. In the future I will just stick with reddit.

The main benefit of running both at the same time is that you can make use of both through Battle Templar, rather than be either casting or initiating.

I'm not a fan of just banning options, it's much easier just to suggest that if you're advancing a gish class and one of its main classes at the same time, that advancement is separate. The spell pool or maneuvers are separate as if you were advancing a separate spellcasting or initiating class.

You forgot saddle surge.

>ignores feedback in the first post because he's butthurt
>thinks formatting isn't important
>too stupid to realize third post was actual feedback
>identifies himself as a redditor
No surprise there.

Overall your class is shit in both its idea and execution, since it's a weak idea written very poorly. Given that you also seem to be an idiot, it's unsalvageable. Have fun in your hugbox.

You made a class and then made it not actually give anything for 3/4 of the levels. Fix it or go be a nigger elsewhere.

See ya.

No responses to issues about legitimate criticism regarding BAB and saves, okay. You won't be missed.

>Three valid points.
>One questioning the donut steels.

K

But if you look closely, you DO get something every level.

So Ultimate Occult has its first negative review. Anybody want to take bets on how long it'll take Paizo to remove it for being "suspicious?"

>just banning options
No, user, not using theurgic PrCs across gestalt lines is RAW and RAI. It's straight out of the gestalt rules.

So they won't miss chance effects don't stack but Mirror Image isn't an actual miss chance and thus will stack with Blur?

Right.

>tfw that third post has a (you)
Someone values my input! Because God knows no one outside this Tibetan self-immolation online symposium does

Yes, you roll the Concealment first, then the Mirror Image. MI makes blatant dupes of you that change as you do, so Blur makes 'em all blurry.

Cool. Thanks.

It's worth noting that the enemy can just close his eyes and swing into your square for a flat 50% miss chance without dealing with mirror images, in case you have Mirror Image active with an ability that grants a 50% miss chance, like Displacement,

Don't bother actually giving this nigger advice, I've seen his threads on reddit, he's been posting this shit for months and responds to every bit of criticism with anger and willful ignorance. When he started on this project he fully ignored the fact that there were two archetypes that did the 20 level arcane archer schtick already. He unironically told others that a class with full BAB and 9-level casting was not OP. This dude is either a troll or a legitimate retard. It's actually kind of sad.

That is, ironically, a better plan than trying to hit more than one mirror image at a time. Higher success rate.

I'm playing an EL6 campaign soon, I dunno if it matters but are there any classes that are most suitable for this type of game? I just want suggestions, I have no idea what to even play.

It'll be gone by Tuesday.

That mean you're on reddit too...

BURN THE HERETIC!

Oh user, I could kiss you, I didn't notice that.

I have a mythic character for that. So combined all of that (I can gain a standard for a mythic vital strike as I ride-by attack), could be a lot of damage.

Shame it doesn't last very long.

No it is not. Gestalt doesn't explicitly rule anything on the topic.

"But if it takes up both “class slots” for a gestalt characters, it’s no more powerful than taking a level in the barbarian/wizard gestalt."

it mentions that class combination PrCs should not be allowed out of concerns for complication, but doesn't make a rule on it, just a recommendation. You can always either waive it, at a particularly high level campaign, or spend both gestalt classes to advance in it anyways.

Holy fucking metagaming, shitlord.

To be fair, if someone encounters mirror images enough, they might actually decide to go "fuck it" and just swing wildly with their eyes closed. "It can't be worse than what I'm already dealing with", after all.

Not really. If you can't trust your eyes, don't.

What'd my poor novel ever do to you, user?

refresh me on the rules of E6 again? I imagine you want a class that's reasonably fully functional by level 6, but that depends on what exactly progresses after that point.

People were doing such a good job of ignoring it, man.

If I recall, you spend exp for feats at a flat rate.

Basically what said, at least that's what my GM told me.

Shameless self-bump. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on how to deal with this RP-wise, since I've never played a character who would have any real ideological issues with other party members before.

So no spell/power/maneuver progression past level 6 unless there's some way to spent XP on it.

I stand by my previous statement then - have a concept that comes mostly online by level 6.

Maybe Ranger or Slayer for delicious "ignore feat prerequisite" at level 6?

Improved Precise shot and Shield Master come to mind.

Is 14 an acceptable Con score for a front line martial?