/cyoag/ CYOA General

Info Dump: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread:

Started working on V2 after reading last thread a bit. Hoping to have a rough draft of what I'm adding/tweaking by the end of the night. More likely I'll go fuck off and play total war or something but that's life.

1/2

All the other options are bad except for Lumberjack goodbye

>Olympic Parentage
>Ariella

>Lothorio (2pts cuz Inheritance)
>Unyielding Flesh
>Armed With Wings
>Demihuman
>Lightning Seer
>Ocean's Herald
>Marlin's Quickness
>Grace of the Deer

Name: Thalciomache Palcadia
I'd do all the quests, not all at once of course, and improve my abilities and learn new spells along the way. Details in next post.

24pts for all 12 quests.
>Serpent's Reflexes (already had Grace of the Deer)
>Medicus
>Lord of the Inferno
>Stormcaller (already had Lightning Seer)

I happen to be a winged naga. A very unusual creature born from an ill-fated love between the Goddess Ariella and a great serpent. I fly through the clouds searching for my place in the world and trying to do good things for people. I'm usually very peaceful, but can fight if I have too. Even though I seem immortal, I actually have a weak spot my belly-button.

Pls stop posting that.

All other options except for elf slave are bad goodbye

>Incredible Vegetable
I travel to the plant and drive away the bugs with rain and lightning. Then I study it to try and unlock it's secrets. I use my knowledge of potions and what I learn from the plant to make a potion from one of the leaves that gives me Healer magic. I take the seeds to some monks who I think will bring the plants back and not abuse them.
>Whales in the Sky
I spend time with the whales to find out and fight out what's happening. Hopefully I can use what they tell me to make a potion to cure their sickness.
>The Kyphian Mines
To cure the whales, I need a artifact from the Kyphians. When I arrive at the old Kyphian mines, I here about the missing pioneers. I search for them as I look for the artifact to cure the whales.
>A Divine Affair
The Goddess Lenya notices my beauty and sees me trying to use my gifts for good. She tries very hard to convince me to live with her in her realm of flowers and cloud castles. But because of my wandering ways, I can't settle down for good. Not even with a Goddess. We part ways amicably and she teaches me more about healing magic before I go. This is where I get the Medicus ability.
>The Fire Witch
I follow the Witch from high above in the clouds. I discover her coven having a meeting that seems pretty sketchy. The next time she's alone I ambush her and wrap her up in my coils so I can question her about what's going on. I report the questionable coven to local paladin order, but conveniently forget to mention the Fire Witch and help get her back to her old job with Prince Kasper. She teaches me fire magic as thanks, since she didn't get along with the dark witches anyway. That's how I learn Fire Mage magic.

Tell you what, I will.
Until I see one of your recycled builds, then I post it in reply to that. Sound fair?

>Devil Without a Cause
I fly up to the Elemental and explain to him that he's causing problems for other people by staying here, and that there's other Elementals for him to talk to in other parts of the universe. I help get him to trust me by doing some tricks with the fire magic I already know. After convincing him to move on, he teaches me more fire magic to thank me for telling him where the other elementals are. That's how I advance to Lord of the Inferno.
>Always Read the Manual
To convince the Fire Elemental to move on, I have to learn about the plane where the great elementals live. Turns out there's a King who's looking for a book about ruling. It's lost a great ancient library. I figure I can find something about elementals while searching for his book. This helps with the other quest.
>Boss Monster
I use my powers to fight the beastman horde and their evil leader. People who I've helped join in the fight against evil. Ariella and Lenya give me a boon to help survive the fight. This is where I get Serpent's Reflexes. My storm powers increase to Stormcaller from me using them so much for this.
>A Peaceful Village
>Chesswolf
>Solve My Riddle
These 3 are a bit trickier. I do my best to solve each one as best I can, but as I'm not a great solver, I also seek the help of other heroes to help with these.
>Door to Door
Being a great heroine, I'm chosen as a ambassador to the new world. I travel through the door and have new adventure and meet new people. I return now and then to report what I find to the old world.

Why? ;_;

Because I secretly love you

Because they I feel about your reposted for the nth time builds as you do about that CYOA.
If you agree, then both of us get something we want.

trade 1 gold for 2 more silver

7/10 (1/8 s)
mutants (2/8 s)
worm (3/8 s)
smart (4/8 s)
remove stupid (1/10 b)
peace on earth (2/10 b)
crime (3/10 b)
reality (4/10 b)
ordinary (5/8 s)

amazing (1/1 g)
command local (6/8 s)
powerful (5/10 b)
media (7/8 s)
magical harem (8/8 s)
get-out-of-jail-free (6/10 b)
zero punishment (7/10 b)
ignore (8/10 b)
perfect body (9/10 b)
perfect mind (10/10 b)

I choose to become God Emperor of Mankind, Jr.. perpetual immortality coupled with psychic powers of telekinesis, telepathy, biokinesis, scaled down to a range of a few dozen meters.

Did the user who made this finish his add on?

Please include a boy option. That's literally the only complaint I have against it.

It's in the Drawbacks.

No you don't.

>Because they I feel about your reposted for the nth time builds as you do about that CYOA.

My builds aren't personal attacks on anyone and aren't about humiliating, hurting, or raping them. It's not the same thing.

>Olympic Parentage
>Astazia

Wild hunter
Steel Whirlwind
Black Ice Blade
Hungry Flame
Duelist
Serpent's Reflexes
Boars Strength
Elemental Weapon (just to make them more crazy)
Boss Monster
The Kyphian Mines
Colossus Hunter
Incredible Vegetable
A Peaceful Village
Always Read the Manual
Devil Without a Cause
Angelic Pinions
Whales in the Sky
Solve My Riddle
Chesswolf
The Fire Witch
Manifest Essence: Lightning
Door to Door (for the kicks)

Reposting sad-comfy OC. As a quick update, the hard drive is most definitely gone. It's not all bad though, I can redo a lot of the work that I thought was flawed to make better content for you all.

So what do you guys want me to work on first?
1. Update Half-Dragon, and give it a Skies of Eden tier visual rework along with other things.

2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon CYOA.

3. The space princess adventure thing I posted about a while back. I guess I'll make it lewder, since most of you think with the wrong head.

4. None of the above, I have a few ideas on the back burner to act on.

You mean the RIGHT head

Please, tell me more about my feelings, since you know so much about them.

Does it really matter, so long as they stop?

Still my favorite CYOA ever by the way.
Can you leave gender as a choice on the space adventure please? Bonus points if you can dump all your responsibilities on a vizier who then tries to kill you as some kind of drawback.

Name: Intestines (don't question it)
Uzuza

Martial Combat 3x
Physical Training 3x
Berserking 3x
Maneuvers 1x
Monster Hunting 2x (Exchange)

Allies:
Luvyna (totally not female Serpico)
Evergreen (totally not grown up Ivalera)
Crale Edwards (in no way Farnese de Vandimion)

Happily participates in The Great Hunt every year. Aside from that and doing some Security for the Grand Summit, keeps to himself.

Marquise

>Habitable World
>Cities
Free
>Mines
Free
>Spaceport
>Hypernet Node
>Orbital defenses
>Construction yards
>Subterranean Cities

>Moon (Habitable)
>Mines
Free
>Cities
Free
>Spaceport
Free

>Star (Sunlike)
>Antimatter Station

>Dreadnought
>Hyperflux Shields
>Teleport Bay
>Hospital
>Point Defense Turrets
>EMP Beam
>Anti-Cloaking Array
>Integrated Jump Gate
>Drone Hanger
>Drop Pods
>Onboard Constructors
>Siege Weaponry
>Planet Destroyer Weapon
>Armoured Regiment
>Antigrav Packs
>All-Environment Proofing
>Size Increase (10,000)

>Self-Repairing Vehicles
>Anti-Ageing Serum
>Industrial Antimatter

>Princess Theia

Everyone knew something wasn't quite right with her from a young age. But what could they do about it? She was the Princess' favorite cousin! They played together as children! Why not just stick her on a populated, but out of the way planet and forget about it? 15 Years later the population of the world of Temnaya Ten' and it's moon live deep in underground cities. Under Marquise Valeria Procula's iron fist, the whole society has been practically enslaved and is devoted to mining and building The Marquise's personal army, including one of the largest ships ever built and exhausting her planet's resources. The force may be impractical, but is truly terrifying to behold. Her obsession, strange as it may be, has at least led to the disappearance of pirates in the sector. Now that Princess Theia's grown and is looking for allies in her quest to become Empress, her estranged former playmate may yet be an even greater service to the galaxy.....

Should link to.

You don't even know me.

There's nothing wrong with my builds. But that cyoa is wrong. It's a personal attack and harassment.

>You don't even know me.
That was my point dipshit.
Still, I guess you secretly like reading about being raped by centaurs. I'll just keep on posting it then. That way you can continue indulging your horse rape fetish.

You're not the princess.

I present the Shield of Peace, who never commits an act of violence.

>Olympic Parentage
>Lenya

Blessing of Lenya: Anything human/demihuman will never attack me if I do not intend them harm.
Inheritance of Lenya: Some discounts (noted below)

10 Serpent's Reflexes: Maxed this. Uncanny reflexes to raise a magical shield against projectiles and magic wherever needed, or just to get out of the way.
8 Commander: Gain two additional companions
- Armed with Wings: Flying, wheeeeh! Free from Inheritance.
6 Tamer of Monsters (Command and charm animals, and many types of monstrous creatures)
6 Arcane Insight: Invisible third eye that sees magical individuals and effects clearly. Don't want to be shanked by invisibility or illusions. Can see through single walls or other obstacles.
6 Miracle: Your presence causes those nearby to rapidly regenerate any damage. Discounted from inheritance. Cure basically anything, quickly.
9 Guardian: Create spheres that block magic and projectiles with great control and versatility.
7 Shaman: Nature spirits attempt to prevent you from coming to harm and often provide useful advice or information.
9 Virtuoso: Bard music powers. Another way to avoid violence or death.
5 Petrify: Doesn't actually petrify, but selectively tires and slows creatures I look at. Again, a non-lethal option, and something to do if combat is unavoidable.
2 Brawler: A last line of defense without having to draw blood.

Companions
Rhiannon: Rhiannon is the "muscle" and tank. She is the first line of attack if all diplomacy fails.
Soarna: Soarna is the party's tracker, scout, and archer. She has incredible reflexes and marksmanship, and the spirits aid her.
Mek'Kem: I will grant Mek'Kem the validation he seeks. His Blessing of Falkus makes him an unparalled smith, and he will craft the arms and armor worn by the party. He is also a formidable fighter, if second to Rhianon.

The nine labors (to make up the 18 points) to follow in the next post.

Mystery dungeon.

There are companies that do hard drive recovery if there's nothing up there you're scared of getting jailed for. Pretty much, nothing but having it ground into dust makes all information lost.

9 Labors (+18 points)

Boss Monster: Judiciously use Tamer of Monsters to thin the ranks; any demihumans or humans will be unable to harm her, and she Tamer of Monsters works on any of them. Beast Slayer ability of Rhiannon and Soarna will become useful as the Boss himself will likely be intractable.

Devil Without A Cause: Diplomatic solution; Mek'Kem may be helpful here. Poor thing is confused. Tamer of Monsters & Shaman will help Alexandra find the path to peace.

Whales in the Sky: Can't pass up this one since Lenya herself requests investigation. Luckily Alexandra has wings, so investigation will be rapid. If diplomacy fails with whatever the issue is, Alexandra will coordinate with Soarna's archery to bring the problem down.

The Kyphian Mines: Soarna's supernaturally keen senses and reflexes will make her an excellent forward scout here, though I will keep her in range for quick healing or shielding as needed. Hopefully Tamer of Monsters will see much use here, but my three companions will work together to end the truly evil.

Incredible Vegetable: A combination of Shaman, Flight and Tamer of Monsters should make this relatively easy.

A Peaceful Village: Arcane Insight and consulting the spirits via Shaman, along with Soarna's keen senses, will allow the mystery to be uncovered.

A Divine Affair: This could go many ways, but doesn't seem like it's truly dangerous.

Door to Door: The final adventure. Who knows what lies beyond...

Well shit. What's the premise? Are we going to be bodyguards or ship captains or viziers?

I choose Option 1

Is the author of this one planning on working on it still? I quite like it but it could still use some work for sure. For starters it's very hard to figure out where some items overlap and where they don't.

>There's nothing wrong with my builds. But that cyoa is wrong. It's a personal attack and harassment.
user can't be personally attacked.

Are you interpreting Marlin's Quickness to apply to flight? Because I wasn't sure about that for my own Shield of Peace build.

Resistance
Weapon: Bluestreak Shoulder-Mounted Turret
Skills: Heavy Weaponry, Anti-Magic Combat
Mission: Stop the Juggernaut Squad
Bonus: Ultimate Human

…Did I just become Doomguy?

Perks:
Athletic
Intelligent
Crafty
Likable
Cute

Friends and Allies:
Tomomi
Hitoshi
Chiaki
The Principal
Natsume

Year One- Kohai Year
Year Two- Little Pink Letter
Year Three- The Culture Festival

>Elf Slave, Wut DO
Use magic to film Angel receiving the Centaurs' famousdicks hospitality, then send it to heaven as a friendly reminder, as well as allowing the other angels enjoy her experience! Everyone wins.

Huh.

Sometimes I forget why I usually wait for CYOAs to filter down to reddit and sufficientvelocity and such.

I recovered the less destroyed data myself, and I'm too lazy to do much else. It's not too important.

But user, that will spoil the surprise!

Post whatever you want. I don't care "dipshit".

It's about me though!

Yeah, I kinda assumed it applies to flight to.

Tainted
Ivoryclaw Gauntlets
Unholy Strength
Inhuman Speed
Dark Sustenance
Malignant Caster (Assuagism)
Royal Guard
Deeper into darkness (Unholy strength and Malignant Caster)

Y'know what one of the most annoying things about these demonic fellows are? They keep getting injured repeatedly. For those who can heal on their own, that’s fine. But for everyone else, they’re fucked.

This is where I come in. I am one of the best (and probably only) demonic healing units in this blasted army. Broken limb; fixed. Diseases; cured. Arm cut off; you might have to bring it here, but otherwise it’s perfectly fine. And with these strange energies that have affected me, I might even be able to resurrect the dead demons. Maybe I still need some training, but it’s still a possibility.

Heh. Would be funny if the Resistance went through all of that trouble to kill the Demon King only for him to come back to life ten minutes later, wouldn’t it.

You're asking me to vote mayn, so I'm just trying to figure out the basics of what the options entail. The others are pretty self explanatory.

Do people just not read the whole cyoa before posting?

1 & 3 please

Beings you don't seem to understand why I'm calling you a dipshit I'll break it down for you.
You asked me to do something for you, then refused when I asked you for something in return. Then you claimed you knew me, and then your response to me calling you out on that was "You don't even know me." as if it made any sense.

Mortal Progeny

Commander [8] - Two more companions.
Miracle [10] - Auto heal those around me.
Guardian [9] - Shields that protect against magic and projectiles.
Tamer of Monsters [6] - Tame monsters.

Nizek - Rogue
Saorna - Ranged DPS
Zosereb - Tank
Lady Asha - Summoner
Dragon - Mount

Boss Monster
The Kyphian Mines

I get to be the healbot and face for a group of adventurers. All our powers mesh fairly well, and we have no real weakness.

With this, I've had 9 builds and still 0 takes for Daisuke. Which is probably because he's boring as shit and everything he's good at it taken care of better by other people. I think I'll have to give him a bit more personality in V2. Or possibly tweak his "team role" to be a bit more defined outside of "Morale boosting Diplomat," since most people are handling that themselves anyways.

New Traveller's Tale version tomorrow! Get hype!

Question Highlander: can Hardlight, Mechanical, and Spiritual Travellers still take biological perks like Chosen Blood or Super-Human Body? Maybe the hearts empower the magic of the Spirtual infusion, or the Super Hardlight Body has a naturally higher upper bound on possible size?

Pls no bully.

Hey /cyoag/ does anyone have any good resources for terminal illnesses, their symptoms, and what end-of-life care looks like in first person? I've been looking for stuff much more personal than wikipedia articles and don't exactly have the time for a long novel.

It's for an experimental cyoa I'm working on.

Mystery Dungeon!

>tfw when you work in a hospital
In first person? Probably not. Most people who go to the death floors aren't strong enough to take photos.
And how it looks varies wildly based on what they're dying from. People with physical injuries are often crazy mash ups of slings, braces, and bandages, while those dying of illness tend to be just thin and well, sickly looking.
And either way they frequently smell like shit. That's literal by the way.

Web MD?

Brace for shitstorm.

Commencing dump

Speeeeehs princess
Even though it's not marines.
Sigh.

None of these powers seem that awesome

>le ebin angel man build

I never posted my build but I took Daisuke because he's personable with everyone and that's good for politics.

As tempting as becoming a Tainted is, that road is a dead end. Nothing there but endless strife and stagnation.

The Order
The Earthen Staff
Elementalism
Empowerment
Mission: Stop the Juggernaut Squad

Stopping the Juggernauts is pretty much the easiest thing in the world with Elementalism. Just manipulate the earth beneath their feet so they stop moving. Made laughably easy with the Earthen Staff and Empowerment.

Once this war is all over I'll terraform barren land.

I vote 1, 3, 2 in that order.

>Magical

>Inhuman

>Cult

>Endurance 3
>Durability 3
>Immunity 3
>Mind Reading 3
>Mind Control 3
>Self Healing 3
>Social Enhancer 2
>Flight 1
>Stealth 1
>Elementalism (Fire) 3
>Self Improvement 2 (Free cuz Cult)
>Enhanced Senses 1 (free cuz Foes)
>Reflexes 2 (free cuz Foes)

>Reputation (Feared)
>Safehouse (Rome)
>Identity

>Satan
>Lindsey Reyes

>Fiona Dawley
>Derek Hall
>John York

>be Wiccan doing witchy ritual in woods with binfire
>ritual actually works!
>demon arises from fire and asks who wishes for dark powers
>everyone afraid, I hesitantly raise hand halfway
>demon smiles and demands a sacrifice, last witch remaining receives dark powers beyond imagination
>grab hatchet we used to chop wood for bonfire
>become last witch remaining
>granted powers beyond imagination.....

>deals with demons suck
>I look like a demon now
>have demon voice in my head always giving advice
>following advice leads me to cult of super elites like the President
>Cult makes me their interrogator and has me do other missions
>have to participate in rituals that aren't as fun as Wiccan ones
>Lindsey thinks she's a fan of demonic stuff and moves in with me and helps me
>but she's innocent and doesn't realize how bad it is
>how did Derek even get into the cult? why do I have to constantly do missions with him? STUPID DEMONIC DEAL!!!!
>have to dodge nosy reportes too...
>genuinely scared of John York, but I have pretty powerful magic and might be able to take him directly...
>...after destroying everything he cares about first

I just want to leave the cult, get rid of the demon and start being normal and not evil! Is that to much to ask!?!?

I'd also like to ask if it's possible to have a Mechanical Traveller with Low or Mid-Tech Understanding? And how wold that work?

>All these fucking CYOAs

What are you doing? I demand more drama and waifuposting.

>Be normal
>Summon demon for magical powers
You may choose one.

Ouch, I never knew the reality was that bad, although I could see why. I appreciate your insight at least

I'll have a look, thanks

Think I might like the original version a little bit better than this one. Maybe the author just needs to polish it a bit more though

Yeah man, dying sucks. And the death floors are all depressing as hell. Grieving families is the worst aspect of my job by far.

The opposition a threat level 8 and above is bonkers and the fact that they'll all get there given time makes the challenge seem pretty insurmountable without bullshit levels of hax

Cuddle CYOA

> Other: Late Afternoon/Early evening
> Heavy rain with lightning

Summer rain in the evening...

> GIANT couch
> Large Windows
> Bookshelf

Reading off and on as the rain comes down outside; one window open a bit to let in the smell of the rain and the fresh earth, and to let the sound hit more fully.

> Human: My Wife
> Animal: My Dog

And no others.

>Bedding

Dozing at opposite ends, with feet entertwined.

>Fruits and pastries

Yum. I'll bring my own wine, since that doesn't seem to be an option.

>Bugs

Some crickets and fireflies (outside only)

>Radio

To doze off to.

~~~

Thanks for the peace, user.

Should clarify if Unleash Potential level 3 gives you access to all perks or just all non-magic perks. Also 'world-locking' the perks just makes them unattractive