No Stupid Questions

This thread is a safe space to post any questions you may have with minimal fear of ridicule

I've been using a debit card since age 16, I'm 20 and want to build credit. How do I choose a card?

Also I'm an independant contractor at a new job. What ammount should I set aside for taxes?

What specifically does FOMO and FUD mean?

fear of missing out, and fear, uncertainty, and doubt

how the fuck do i start making money
i just downloaded the ethereum thing from the website and its downloading

what now

fear of missing out

fear, uncertainty, and doubt

>Fear Of Missing Out
>Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt
Notice a common trend between the two, that's the life we lead

Have you got any reputable offers in the mail?
No then get a secured credit card. Pay if off every month. Do that and in a year you will get a normal credit card offer with an annual fee. Next one will be no annual fee.

Thanks anons, this board makes way more sense now. Been browsing for about a month after I bought into BTC (8650$).

Just get a no annual fee card. Have it for a year and then you can get any card you like. Pay in full every month. Use it like you debit card then pay off.

If you report to work for the same company and they tell you what to do, you are an employee. Your company doesn’t just get to decide you are 1099. It’s abused regularly. You should be on a W-2 tax basis.

You should save 20k for every 80k for taxes and then another 10-20% off free cash for savings/safety net.

thanks for the answer bros

Why is no one talking about the fact Coinbase increased deposit limits 10 fold so they could keep liquidity due to everyone cashing out?

Am I dumb for having half BTC and half ETH? The ratio makes me feel dumb right now.

how the fuck do you get a debit card at 16?

Lmao look at this idiot!

Nobody really knows. ETH could go up quite a bit, it could literally trail BTC if you are really optimistic about it. Look at what LTC has done this month.

I'm heavy in BTC because I think the brand name is what is going to make it keep rising, but truth is I've made as much on LTC as I have BTC percent wise.

ETH is a strong coin, it's no shitcoin. I don't think you are dumb, you're just taking your best guess like everyone else. You might get a different hunch later, and buy some more BTC if it takes a dip.

Stop it!

Redpill me on Binance vs Blockfolio

Best way to store all your coins and quickly trade them?

Do y'all have desktop wallets for all of them?

Pick a reputable bank that's in your area (BoA, etc). For your first card or two, it's more important to build credit. Once you know what you're doing you can look into specific APRs, rewards, or churning.

> What amount should I set aside for taxes?
~30%, maybe a little more to be safe if you don't already have backup savings.

Hold until ETH's value rises, then sell it.

Personally I wouldn't read too much into it. Because of BTC's ATH, it's in the news and attracting a flood of new people to offset the cash-outs.

If you're diversified elsewhere (non-crypto), then you're fine. If you're mostly crypto you should spread that out to other coins.

what?

Haha, what?

Any recommendations as for other coins?

>Buy 1k BTC
>Wait for 10-15% profit
>Sell immediately
>Wait for it to go back down since the price goes up and down by hundreds every minute
>Buy again
>Wait for 10-15% profit
>??? Repeat

Is there a problem with my plan? I'm fairly new to cryptocurrency right now.

One day you'll fuck up and get left behind. Guaranteed.

Does this IOTA type jump in price happen a lot?

As long as he doesn't sell low and hodls through down periods, then they'd be fine.

Pretty much any coin that gets called out will get shit on, but since you're already holding the two largest coins I'd recommend spreading out to maybe 2 mid-sized coins (IOTA and Monero) and 3 up-and-comers (ARK, LINK, VTC).

That said, do your own due diligence. Read the white papers for anything you're thinking about dropping money into, and once you understand the underlying concepts of _why_ these coins exist and what they're trying to do, then take the leap.

Where do you store altcoins like link, req, ark, etc. Do you send them directly to a secure ethereum address?

What happens to the crypto economy of erc20 tokens if eth vanishes overnight? they all just work on being compatible wit other chains or what?

imma bump this out of interest, I usually just convert them back to btc when I sell

is crypto the only thing this board talks about? its all i see

It's all that matters; if you wanna be mainstream, go to wall street bets

>Also I'm an independant contractor at a new job. What ammount should I set aside for taxes?
No you aren't an independent contractor, not legally. Contact your state's department of labor and tell them that your company is illegally 1099ing you.

Lets say bitfinex IS shit
lets say
>bitfinex
lets say it crashes.
60% of the buys into iota was through Tethers
so what the fuck...
What do you do?
I want to hedge my crypto with crypto but whats the best way to mitigate loss

Open a bank account? It isn't that hard

not to undermine the point of the thread, but you should really google this stuff, man.

head to investopedia and do some reading.

It's always been part of the board's culture, but when it was younger it was more finance-focused (day trading). Used to be slow as fuck, though.

Most likely it'll ebb/flow back to that, it's just flooded with crypto because it has momentum/buzz at the moment.

>I want to hedge my crypto with crypto
uh huh

whats a bitcoin

Ark has its own wallet that's pretty sick.

The life story of literally everyone who tries to outsmart bitcoin and daytrade it is that they would have had more money in the end if they just held the whole time.

There are Robinhood threads during US market hours. We talk about stocks there, mostly US stocks but all is welcome.

Is Trx a good coin? seems like it can see some growth

Here's my question. If you set a limit order with an alt, you are setting that against either btc or eth, not usd since the alt exchanges don't pair them. How does this end up affecting the order? The alt coin might not move a penny but it hits the order based on btc/eth moving. Guess it just kinda confuses me.

What does NEET stand for? I understand what the meaning is, but what's the acronym or code behind it?

Any resources (preferably online) on how to become a stronger writer? I am in college, I just do not feel super confident in my abilities To make this on topic, I want to go to law school and eventually start my own law firm.

BLockfolio isn't an exchange. It helps you keep track of your portfolio. That's why people call the blockfolio posters LARPers. Because you can just say you bought any crypto at any price.

Binance is a chink exchange, and it's pretty fucked right now due to volume, thanks to IOTA (and aeron, which would be a good coin to research tonight [not shilling, for reasons you can infer below] since its market cap is around $5mil only).

I'd recommend making an account on all the reputable exchanges. Had I not put off making a binance account until a couple hours ago, I would have made thousands in no time (I don't have strong hands, so I'm sure I would have sold around $4.50). You never know when a pump is coming on a coin that's listed on an exchange you haven't registered on. Bittrex is a good exchange. It's pretty much the only one I use, unless I'm trading shitcoins on cryptopia.

>NEET
Not in Education, Employment, or Training.

why did i make so much money today only to lose all of it

Jesus fuck I had just downloaded it and I feel like a right autist, this whole time I thought it was somehow a mobile exclusive exchange

would like to know this too.

define a lot.
but yeah, pretty much. e.g. BTC, DGB, SIGT, RISE iirc, XRP etc.
The problem is figuring out which coin is next. Frogposters and Pink wojaks used to be a legitimately good indicator, but the meme is pretty stale, now. I haven't had much luck reading Veeky Forums for the moon missions, lately. Probably due to the LINK meme.

because you can't cash out

I want to start mining monacoins but I don't know what gear to purchase.

>tfw when this board was set up I had an image that it'd be full of lots of people trying to run their startups, images of their products/premises, bitching about regulations in their countries, redpilling about how the finance and government/economy setup is trying to fuck with them, discussion about the best markets to get into, tips and tricks, advice for deals/meetings/business meeting etiquette, and so on
>instead the board is just crypto general

Don't get me wrong, I've come to enjoy the crypto culture on this board and don't want it gone. But it's also killed the possibility of a real business & entrepreneur board.

most of us actively trading keep them in the exchanges.

would be nice to have a thread of just charts being thrown up and people explaining what they see in the chart and stock.

there is no such thing as a stupid question, only such thing as a stupid person asking a question.

Nah its all just memecoins now. Buy up dragonchain...

...but seriously ;)

I'm a normie when it comes to finances and only have a part time job and am saving for a car since my last one got totaled in a accident last month.
Would buying Chainlink be a good thing?

I have 100 dollars on Cryptopia. What low marketcap shitcoin with 100x potential can I buy?

how put benis in begine

1) Who invented CryptoKitties?

2) Who do I pay to have that guy killed?

I'm utterly new to this and spent all day yesterday looking how to get this shit started
I grabbed 32 IOTA, sitting on about 50 bucks of BTC and want to shift it to other things.
Looking at Ripple, YOYO, and you guys seem to be hyping up LINK alot.

What am I in for?

No.

Don't ask that question here.

Go do your own research, ask technical questions, whatever, just don't expect to get good advice from Veeky Forums. This is where people go to convince the greater fool to buy their bags, so you never know what you're getting.

I just bought my first bitcoin today, is blockchain.info safe? or should i be using another platform?

I fucking love this board for what it is but I can see where you're coming from, as if business should be one board and finance another

Buy IFT Right now.

Just won the community vote on Binance to be listed, tiny market cap, but most importantly a functional product.

It's on Cryptopia at the moment

I just put 5k into BTC using Coinbase, did I fuck up?

First time investing in Crypto

nope just sit on it and you will make a few hundred dollars every week for nothing

At what point do taxes come into play in the US? Is it only when you go from BTC->USD, or do you have to report USD->BTC as well? And what about with altcoins?

I put my bank account login info, coinbase confirmed and now it’s pending

If I change my password (felt very sketchy giving coinbase my login) will the transaction fail?

It’s only taxed when you convert to USD.

Hold for a year and you’re taxed at capital gains rate, under a year and it’s taxed as ordinary income. Applies to all crypto

I just purchased 848 XLM. What can I expect and when? Thank you for your service.

mooning?
Im assuming taking off...

So if I went from USD->BTC->(altcoin)->BTC->USD, the only part the IRS gives a shit about is the
>BTC->USD
?

made some nice gains over the past while especially in the past couple days.

currently sitting on req and was wondering if you guys think I should hold it or just sell and jump on the bandwagon of something else and then come back to it later.

any time frame of announcements / speculative pumps, etc? or should I just sell it

take the red pill and see how far the rabbit hole goes.

what is a buy wall

how could you fuck that up?

also a sell wall. what is that?

People here seem to hate on coinbase

What happened? I was doing so well, but i had one big loss and ever since my stack has widdled down to 81$, Thats all i have left, No matter what i do, everything goes wrong. Every trade i make the market takes a uturn against me. it wasn't like this before. Now im contemplating suicide. I don't even know if i can climb my way back up to were i was with 81$. What do i do anons :'(

Given the current state of the market, if you had $3,000 to toss in, would you split it evenly among penny coins and hope for a moon, or invest it in something with assured stable gains?

1. some neets

2. invest that hitman money into ARK instead. With Ark VM coming out in Q1/2 '18 the Cryptokitties problem would have never happened because it would have been operating off of a fork of Ark.

Can someone explain what "problem" cryptokitties are giving Ethereum right now? In what sense are they fucking with ETH?

yea because it takes a long time and has a bit higher comission. fuck em, you definitely cant go wrong with 5k of BTC.

I LIKE THIS! I GET TO HELP PPL AND GET HELP MYSELF CAUSE IM A RETARD :D

so you really like ARK?

Shill me on it.
Shill means sell right?

youre fine... dont listen to fucking idiots. and definitely dont sell. you dont wanna know all the stories of people that just wish they fucking held their bitcoin with every goddamn ounce of strength that they had

Why do you say that?

just bought bitcoin at ath to buy monero at ath. am I dumb?

where on BITTREX can I see my total Portfolio Value?

only time will tell user.

Mooning means it's on a moon mission, flying sky high

yes

Wallets page

Okay my question is how the fuck do you report your gains on your taxes without them thinking you're a drug dealer or criminal? Do I send in an Excel spreadsheet with all my trade info? I'm really starting to worry because I've turned a $100 investment into ~$4200.. Will I have to cash out some to cover taxes?

why can't I stop laughing at this comment
frame this and put it in the MoMa

Veeky Forums banner pls