OC Thread #16

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Previous Thread:
Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here.

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:
• Physical Description:

>WHAT'S YOUR OCs MARY SUE SCORE?
springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts). Draw and share pictures of each others' characters(please link offsite for NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away! Answering the periodically posted Development Questions can often help, so look for those.

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way.

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here. Artists are still free to contribute, however.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use new art from these threads as OP image when possible.

GoogleDoc of the characters so far (still in progress, so don't be alarmed if you don't see yours) drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_dUy0Yo4cigbTB1Q1g5bTRvcTQ&usp=sharing

Development Question: If you're character wrote a self help book, what would it be about?

Joshua Troy, Shadow Name is Ajax. He's a socialite, and a witch. A fatespinner. He's searching for answers as to what has drawn his compatriots and he together; why the threads of fate have had this pattern. He's overly protective, and that ties in with his pride. He's charismatic, and the closest his group has to a party face. He gets egocentric at times, and manipulates his friends, too. He blames it on the symbols he sees since Awakening, but he was always a bit manipulative. He also does not know when to shut up, which has gotten in trouble more than a few times. His allies are his best friend Q, a sin-eater, Burke a werewolf FBI agent, the other residents of his condominium, and his bar's owner, Lucifer. His enemies are his father William, and a demon named Sin that has been playing chess with Josh and his friends as the pieces. He also has his younger sister, who he's raised, his mother who's gone missing, and his girlfriend Samantha.
>If your character wrote a self help book, what would it be about?
It would likely be about how to improve your social life, and how to talk to strangers in any situation.

Name: Paar'tol, the Elderplague

Role: Ward against spirits, black magic, and all forms of supernatural predators.

Goals: Use his education of the inner workings of the sides of Light and Dark as a benefit to mankind, casting out those who would victimize innocent lives.

Traits: Has a mentor-like mindset, loves a listening ear and to teach others ways to protect themselves through clever application of charms, trinkets, and rituals.

Flaws: When encountering an adversary he's unfamiliar with, Paar'tol is on edge to a fault, often becoming blocked mentally as he tries to formulate a plan of action. This can slow down his reflexes and clog his mind.

Enemies: Hidden witch covens pepper the lands Paar'tol resides in, and it's his duty to flush them out into the light.

He got his name of "Elderplague" after aiding a local mercenary band ONCE, that had been hired to clear out a coven preying on a small farmtown and Paar'tol helped see them to victory.

He didn't do anything to 'earn' the nickname, it was just something this contractor group did for fun apparently, and it stuck. I mean, they gave the other guy the name Wardbreaker, which Paar'tol is pretty jealous of.

Recently, he got married to the party barbarian, the way they interact together is really cute. Party barbarian is played by my irl wife.

Pictured is the progress of a commission that is being done to celebrate our actual upcoming 5th anniversary.

• Name: Ashtoreth Fairheart
• Role(s): Party face, bard, and general support
• Goals:To explore the cruel and unforgiving world she has been born into, and prove to not only herself but her family that the world they inhabit can be kind and beautiful.
• Traits: Rather stubborn and brave, she tends to act more tomboyish then anything else. She has a sincere love for those around her. While rather generous, she tends to be more naive and trusting then the rest of the party
• Flaws: Her lack of understanding of the outside world from her rather controlled upbringing has left her naive and easily pressured into things, as her trust in the good in people is easy to manipulate
• Allies: The Royal Fairheart Family, The Military of Cyre, The Military of Breland, general Party members
• Enemies:House Cannith, Remants rebels of Dargoon
• Physical Description: More on the shorter side, she stands around 5'4 with a slim slightly feminine figure. If her hair was cut back completely and she was to wear masculine cloths, she could easily be mistaken for a man due to her under developed body type.

Not lewd lesbians, fuck off

Go away, draw thread.

You must have come here from the drawthread. Don't worry, hang out long enough and Charlotte might show up for you to bitch and moan about in person.

Cute!

• Name:
Irya Sheen
• Role(s):
Witch, Planar Cartographer, Magical Shopkeep, Party Mom
• Goals:
Regain her prior power, as it was fractured within the many lives of other 'hers' within other planes - but, mostly? Irya wants knowledge as direly as a dragon wants a horde.
• Traits:
Wisened, snide, silver-tongued, maternal, and sharp as a tack.
• Flaws:
Paranoid, crude, drastic, obsessive, and too straight-forward.
• Allies:
A few of her Acolytes (other spellcasters she taught of 'leaping' about the planes), a few others who stride the spaces between worlds, such as an eccentric blue-haired alcoholic and a worshipper of a strange, birdlike god. Also commonly followed by a tiny, feathered dinosaur she bound to her.
• Enemies:
She's made many in her travels and fervent pursuit of knowledge, and her stigmata makes her easy to find for such.
• Other Relations:
Before she began walking, she was happily entangled into a strange relationship with a changeling by the name of Ravasaadi. Unknown to her, he's still trying to find her.
• Physical Description:
See picture.

Current events:
>Hired a weird possibly doppelganger "paladin" solely to stalk him and possibly dissect him if he falls in battle
>Compulsively drinks coffee due to a recent alchemical breakthrough
>Now the party mom for a group of chucklefucks to be entering a tomb. Said "paladin" from above is the party dad, meanwhile.

Loved this

That elder thing looks and sounds familiar!

Name: "Red" Callahan

Role(s): Arcane dabbler, combat focused Warlock who had beseeched an Elder Thing to bestow him power on the eve of an ill-fated siege. He doesn't yet know what he paid for the gifts...

Goals: Break the bond forged between him and this cosmic horror, and find a way to stop the hallucinations.

Traits: Analytical, intelligent, and he has a good sword-arm. Doesn't mind hanging around pretty much anybody, assuming they aren't trying to "get" him.

Flaws: suffers major stress disorders from the raid that lost him so many men and through a chain of events caused the eventual capture of his capital.

Enemies: The Otherwordly One that he leeches power from, he hopes not to understand it, but to remove himself from it.

Name: Dante Morapaidi
Role: Allurin Gunslinger (50% lust demon, 50% human)
Goals: Kill his incubus father, who kidnapped his mother
Traits: Fairly charming (he once seduced half the prison guard), enjoys experimenting with science and really hates demons
Flaws: Absurdly naïve and innocent mixed with self-loathing and self-destructive behavior because of hating demons (of which he is one), and really not a fan of children
Enemies: His father, pretty much all demons, in particular a succubus psion named Inlecebra (Read: Lacy Bra)
Physical Description: Semi-tall guy with copper hair that probably has some kind of rust, dirt or gunpowder in it with a pepperbox named Beatrice, wears a swashbucklers hat and a scarlet cape to match.
Other Hijinks: When he was a child, he got kidnapped by a pimp and was eventually set free by a half-elf paladin he now travels with. On his way back home, he stopped to stay for a time at various villages, where the girls all seemed to be very interested in his scientific exploits, at least until he was sent packing by various fathers, brothers, and in one instance, a particularly voracious goat.

Reminds me that I forgot to add
>Allies: Luvos

It feels like you took half of DmC, and half of something else, and threw them both in a blender.

What's the other half?

Half demon gunslinger is not enough to be dmc.

I don't know, I haven't played DmC, but this character is what happened when my characters had a reputation for being flirted with (but really not reciprocating) in other games and I finally decided to embrace it. He's inspired partially by Percy from Critical Role, if you're familiar with that

>literally named Dante

Story time
The first thing that hit me was the smell. Burke had called again, wanting some more, well, "insight" on a crime. It was always difficult to do, though. An investigation let's you piece together the crime. But watching what happened? It can take a toll on the psyche. It's as if you're there; powerless, and I have, as Burke calls it, delicate sensibilities. But still I agreed.

I showed up to the apartment, and nearly retched. There was blood everywhere; strange symbols drawn on the walls. From what I could tell, some kind of warding, but the symbols were beyond me. I strode through the blood, to find a link, something to tie me to what I was looking for.

I wistfully grabbed a family photo, and looked at Burke, his expression grim.

"All of them have been accounted for, Josh. And Q tells me there souls were taken."

I realize Q must have found one of the ghosts, and decided it was time to get a move on. A few mutterings in high speech, a few gestures, and I'm there. Rather, then.

The door is shut, and I see some men approach, and I feel the malice. The symbols around them signify that they're quite old, one more so. The leader. He begins to speak, his voice gravelly.

"Make a mess in there. This isn't about the blood. It's about sending a message. Letting them know we're back."

They walk in, and the first thing that hit me is the smell. Copper.

Oh hey It's back
I was looking for you guys

It's been dead for 6 hours, fuck face.

Didn't we have a talk about namefagging?

Fuck face wears his as a mark of shame. It must stay.

Shut up fuck face.

Yes, yes we did

The name stays as long as the shame in my soul does

Regardless of names and what not, i do have a new character i wanted to share

• Name: Alison
• Role(s): N/A
• Goals: N/A*
• Traits: She is defensive of the things she cares about, she has very strong emotions. she doesn't get attached easy but when she does, she gets VERY attached
• Flaws: her emotions are to the extreme, she doesn't remember much and is prone to lash out quite violently
• Allies: N/A
• Enemies: priests
• Other Relations: N/A
• Physical Description: while it is hard for her to keep a physical form, when she does hold a form, she can be seen as a young girl with yellow eyes and flowing black hair.

Alison died when she was very young, she does not know how. In order for Alison to leave the world she needs to figure out why her soul is not resting...and take care of the problem. The issue is, they way she died has caused her memories to become jumbled and miss matched, making it almost impossible for her to figure anything about herself out. The party is currently helping Alison discover who she is.

Alison, while scared art first, has developed a strong bond with one of the party members, making her very protective of them. Alison is in fact terrified of her situation and because of this she reacts violently and has very powerful mood swings, most of the time ended in a break down. She is a very emotionally troubled character.

I am returned.
Links/reference before vague requests, otherwise it's first-come, first serve.

> mfw people are posting stuff I drew

Man I love the pic you made for me why would I not use it??

do you do lewds?

Can you draw running away from a tentacle monster? He's blonde, with a brown jacket btw.

Get out

It should be the same one from lol

ABSOLUTELY.

>what happens when the OC general's spellcasters throw a party

I love you user.

To be fair, I might love everyone right now, but it's you in particular.

Whats wrong with lewds?

I'm glad you like it.

I'll give it a go.

S-sempai, please; you're embarrassing me.

I'm not against the idea, but the short of the long is no.
This is a family friendly image board user.

• Name: Noire Eschenwald
• Role(s):Swashbuckler, Nobel of the group
• Goals:Figure out more about bloodline curse (GM thing), get a proper adventure in with her sister so that they can tell stories to their kids like their father and mentor did, help restore name of house after incident that nearly destroyed it.
• Traits:Confident,smart,friendly and willing to forgive
• Flaws:hardheaded, impulsive, very easy to manipulate in the right circumstances,not very wise
• Allies:Younger sister who is also her closest friend, Jensen (a bard met in town on the journey)
• Enemies:the 4 big bads, a Lich, rival household
• Other Relations: Other self in head (GM thing)
• Physical Description: pretty similar to the picture outside of a scar on her neck from where she was stabbed by a knife
MARY SUE SCORE:15 or 19 if including things that happened cause of rolls and feat/trait investment

If your character wrote a self help book, what would it be about?
probably how to properly handle the responsibility and management of money

Yes, she is based off of Noire from Neptunia

oishi

I don't know if it's too late, but could you draw ? Much thanks!!

AW yeah!

Oh yeah, Josh has a Sue score of 21. He is a brazen coward when things get actually dangerous, and that lowered his score a nice amount.

Got any stories of her?

uh sure I'll go with how she got the scar and most recent weekly cause it was interesting and nearly killed her as well

Sounds good.

How Noire got the scar on her neck
okay so the party arrived in the five cities of Viningel and we rest in the tavern in the more shady district (he split up the area into 5 places and the more rich/noble area's tavern was full at the time) so during a weekly me and another player are woken up by a child knocking on our door, turns out her brother had been kidnapped by a gang and was held up by it trying to force him to join into it. So the girl noticed us when we walked into town as adventures and was asking us for assistance to find her brother and rescue him we agree and head out, so after we head out we run into an ambush, try to diplo it out at first buy only get a single guy who was hitting on my character. Fight breaks out guy I diploed stays out Tiefling eldritch brawler charmed person another so we do pretty well only the Tiefling's hell hound get's knocked out.

Continuing onwards we find the ever changing scorpion gang's hideout (it was constantly just something scorpion) Tiefling seduces one of the big gang members to have sex with her out behind the place, I go in turns out the child was selling us out but she wanted the party Cleric who was not with us at the time, I start running out but only get outside the place on my first round, one of the people manages to get next to me due to have 40 ft move speed and double moved, next round I withdraw so I only took 1 AOO, failed the acro, GM rolls 20 and confirms the crit so I had a nasty wound on my neck doing constant bleed damage and would start drowning me in a few rounds. Guy I diplod out earlier turned out to be the medic of the group (good heal check) heal checks me and stops the bleeding but giving her a nasty scar on her neck due to it not being magical.

• Name: Marius Vogt
• Role(s): Party Face
• Goals: Mostly prove that his blindness is not the damning thing it was treated as.
• Traits:
-Charismatic: The Tiefling is naturally charismatic, and that mask just adds a level of mystery to the man.
-Awareness: Lack of sight means that Marius is dependant on his other senses, giving a better general awareness of his surroundings.
-Careful: Thought before action, action after thought. Even as a flashy swashbuckler, Marius refuses to charge in blindly, considering his course before moving.
• Flaws:
-Blind: Senses are no substitute for sight, and he can't see and thus has difficulty reading moods on occasional.
-Noble upbringing: Even after his travels, his upbringing tends to leave not exactly versed in how most people live.
-Flashy: Marius likes to put on a performance, often abandoning stealth for a show.
• Allies: To be determined.
• Enemies: To be determined.
• Other Relations: He's the firstborn son of a noble family, but was pushed to the side when his folks had a second son who was healthy.
• Physical Description: See the OP image.

>wears mask
>party face

Poetry

I also like that he doesn't have an understanding of how "normal" people live, that's fun to work with. Nice artwork too!

and now the most recent weekly that happened with Noire

Okay so the group is currently in the picchato jungle and the GM rolls for what the difficulty of the weekly will be and it got high risk high reward so we went exploring in the jungle and found ancient ruins of a civilization lost so I grow out the cat tail and whiskers (story that I will probably talk about later) for bonus on Perception vs stealth, Acro, and Reflex. Barley avoid falling into first fight, fight the group of enemies later in less favorable terrain that was a cr 8 fight take them out relatively easily and use amulet and all it's casts of channel energy for full heal, open up tomb cause GM has us (me and my sister)have Draconic bloodline basically and dragons blood was needed to open it and find 1d20 potions (got 20 yay) and 10 treasure rolls, find 2 bags of holding one of which turned out to be bag of devouring but it failed to cmd my sister so we killed the shit out of it. Didn't decide to equip any of the stuff we found cause of that thinking of more curses and none of us are magical so we read some plot stuff about prophecies involving my character and our shared bloodline then leave. After we exit the tomb there is a giant hole above us, why? because a young adult white dragon is the guardian of the tomb we roll initiative we all roll shit but less shit than the dragon so we go first after we charge we both get an AOO because it get's flying 10 feet in the air to avoid full rounds and it get's aoo's every time we try to acro to hit ( I could not fail but sister had around 20% chance too) so after about 5 rounds of combat I hold my action for my sister to eat the AOO she makes the jump crit's the dragon and knocks it out, crit effect is bleeding, I choose to heal check and successfully stabilize cause good character and not gonna kill a dragon for just doing it's job protecting the tomb and we get out alive, I am at 8 hp 1 panache and my sister is at 20 hp

here's one i had for a WoD game I kinda lost interest in. But i might want to pick up the concept again someday! It was fun to play.

• Name: Clinton Holly, FBI
• Role(s): VASCU Special Agent in training, Government Investigator
• Goals: figure out where a sizeable chunk of his life's gone from memory, try to keep self distracted with work
• Traits: Unyieldingly snide and always thinking forward; irresponsible in a lot of ways, but ultimately dedicated to others.
• Flaws: not very self-aware, often loses track of surroundings when focused.
• Allies: Not many. Coworkers are the closest things he has to friends. Has a Mage friend and he may never know she's a mage despite his unfortunate status as a Sleepwalker.
• Enemies: Whoever stole his memories must be an enemy. Or someone looking to make him an ally? He's run into suspect figures here and again but has never truly learned any identities or figures.
• Other Relations: Poor-to-middling relationship with chief director (bad attitude but good results), always bothers apartment neighbors with company when he's lonely and it sounds like someone's over.
• Physical Description: Decently fit (hits the gym), a little wirey, perpetually tired from waking nightmares. Wears a bolo tie lately because of office policy.

would you let this man anywhere near your cat?

HOO boy. Swashbucklers are not the best at big monsters, so props not dying. Also, come on. White dragons evil, yo. How many adventurers has it eaten? Who knows.

Office policy bolo ties? That's a new one. And, hey. Being a sleepwalker IS better than a sleeper. Them breaking points, yo.

hey man, taking the blue pill makes for an easier life where you don't have your dreams stolen nightly by some pissy spirit you have no control of, or whatever, you still do, but at least you're not aware of it

True enough. But the forgetting ain't pleasant.

yes, but luckily I had answering so it mostly canceled out the negative I got for trying to parry it's bite
also for perspective of the fight
I was lvl 7 Swash
Sister was lvl 5 Samurai
Sooooo we are technically CR 5 and we won the CR 9 fight
also GM can easily just say bam this dragon is now idk LN and in character did not know enough about dragons to know if it is evil and it just seemed to be the guardian of the tomb.
So no reason to murder it in character.

Honestly? This guy looks amazing. Just great. He seems cool, but that art. Got any good stories to tell?

Fair enough. But a Cr5 party composed of melee characters taking a cr 9 dragon? Impressive as hell. Did you instalevel from that?

That's probs going to be it for tonight.

Since I'm having no luck resetting my own settings I'll see if I can't steal someone else's for next time; try to start a little earlier.

DUDE. THAT'S AWESOME.

Hahahahahaha it's perfect.

Now I'm going to make this happen, thanks man.

it was a weekly as I said got 1d20 worth of potions (got a 20)before the fight and 10 treasure rolls, would have to give up all of that if one of us got knocked out and accepted the surrender deal the GM said it would offer.
also weekly XP just get's thrown into our pool after we divide it among the participating people (NPC's get full xp) and then that xp is divided by the PC number and that is added to the pool in total

Yargle Flarg has been spending to much time with Yog Sothoth.

domo

Sad about the lack of tentacles.

Reimagine your OC on the other side of the good guy/bad guy fence.

How much of their personality remains the same?

What's different?

Would they be more successful, or less?

Would they be happier?

Josh becomes more manipulative, a puppet master style villain. Entirely emotionless, any emotion would be a facade. He would be more likely to abuse his mastery over time and fate, so success would follow. But he likely would have no real friends, no allies. Just tools. Can't imagine he'd be happy.

• Name: Mary
• Role(s): Support mage
• Goals: explore the world and find an ancient text written by the champion of her god
• Traits: she is very shy and sheltered. she loves to read and learn but is scared of most things in the outside world
• Flaws: she is innocent to a fault and her fear causes her to freeze up, she also lacks any amount of social competence
• Allies: she recently made friends with a young blacksmith girl.
• Enemies: no one at this time
• Other Relations: her mother and father
• Physical Description: pic

>Development Question: If you're character wrote a self help book, what would it be about?

"How to overcome your lewd desires and keep your purity"

They said what self help book that they'd WRITE, not what they need. #MakeMaryLewd

>• Name: Rashad Shi' Thead (Real name: Tomas Morristan)
>• Role(s): Front line Fighter, Duelist, Harasser, Self proclaimed lady's man.
>• Goals: To build himself into a legend, live out his fantasies, topple the mightiest of foes, meet the perfect girl(s) and have a wonderful life with her(them).
>• Traits: Born in the Wrong Century/Country, Imaginative, Boisterous, Fantastic swordsman, fantastic lexicon of taunts.
>• Flaws: A little bit of Don Quixote and has issues separating reality and imagination, Thinks there are "rules" on how things are done "The villan must monolouge" or "The hero must save the damsel" and so on.
>• Allies: Currently Holding Auditions
>• Enemies: Currently Holding Auditions
>• Other Relations: His poor beleaguered mother who is glad that he's out of the house but worries for hims constantly.
>• Physical Description: A very fit "Twenty Something" Adorned in the garb of a desert raider, modified to look heroic/cool. he has short brown hair, with green eyes and a neatly trimmed goatee, his face is strong but boyish, and he often covers it up with his headdress to look more menacing.

>If your character wrote a self help book, what would it be about?
"How to go from Zero to Hero in ten easy steps!"

>What if Rashad was a badguy?
He'd be just as hammy, probably play up theatrics far too much to be effective in any respect. Letting all the "Classic blunders" through because damn it a villian need to do that!

And he'd probably have a better time as a hero. At least that way he'd have a better chance of success.

I really hope Yargle Flarg-user comes back tomorrow.

>Name:
Kaiger Stancaster
>• Role(s):
Barbarian, Lord of the Orcish Clans and keep the party on track
>• Goals:
Kill/seal the Demogorgon the Prince of Demon and civilize the Orcs
>• Traits:
Gung-ho warrior that's a mama's boy
>• Flaws:
He has a very short temper
>• Allies:
the Dragon's Bard,Marijuano Blaze the Dank Elf of Prophecy,the Crow's Nest, and a Dwarven city state
>• Enemies:
Demogorgon,Cultist of Talona, Pelor and his angels
>• Other Relations:
His sister Agatha frustrates him
>• Physical Description:
He's about 5'11 and has a slim atheletic build. He has short black hair and green eyes with a manly stuble. He wears red dragon scale armor,dragon horn bracers and a black wolf pelt(all of these things he's killed or had a hand in kiling). The wolf pelt looks worn and torn. His weapon of choice is a bastard sword of his own creation Moon's Terror, he smelted down a Death Knight's long sword and a deceased party member's bastard sword El Chakal. The blade's hilt is black with the pommel of a crescent moon and the in the center of the cross guard a side profile of a wolf howling with a red gem for an eye. Kaiger is arrogant and has a very short temper

> If you're character wrote a self help book, what would it be about?
How to believe in yourself when no one else will.

>How much of their personality remains the same?
I think his personality would main mostly consistent. He would be out trying to prove himself that he's not worthless but probably given into more orc traditions like conquest,pillaging and murder instead of just trying to become a famous hero.
>What's different?
He'd be less forgiving. The thing that keeps Kaiger good is that he doesn't people to view him and orcs as monsters. So he tries his best to have some social awareness and he has a sense of loyalty to his party. An evil Kaiger would probably be more willing to kill anyone who got in his way regardless of his relationship with them so that'd also probably make him less of a mama's boy as well.
>Would they be more successful, or less?
He's not a complete idiot so he'd probably manage to get a decent warband and cause a decent amount of havoc. I'd imagine a band of adventurers would evnetually cause his demise because a lot of Kaiger's strength came from things he learned and obtained from others and I don't think evil Kaiger would have a lot of the things he had if he was evil.
>Would they be happier?
At the end of he more or less enjoys fighting and killing. So being evil allows him to indulge in that more so he might find some joy but I think he wouldn't be happy as he is now. He enjoyed hearing stories of grand heroes as a child and the way his life is turning out he's becoming one of those heroes his mother would tell him. He's managed to befriend elves,humans and tieflings. His name is known throughout the land and he has friends that have his back.

>Name:
Prince Zaji'im Alispahic, Champion of Armok

>Role(s):
Paladin of Armok, god of Blood, Struggle and Civilization. Party face, 1 of the 7 rulers of the Isle of Beslaria.

>Goals:
Build glorious citadel/temple dedicated to Armok, spill the blood of a dragon, fuck that Elf queen with the laser eyes

>Traits:
Generally upbeat disposition, good at getting the party to work together, corruption murder-blender, actual fists of steel

>Flaws:
Obsession with a god that's just downright unhelpful, does not make very wise decisions, has awful taste in women due to viewing attractiveness through the filter of his god's domains, actual fists of steel

>Allies:
Godrik, Selen, Merkel, Alexandra, Murphy, and a lich we affectionately call Skeletor, the other 6 leaders of the island and the rest of the party. Range from levels 15-21 (stupid cleric leveling progression) with various holdings.

The previously mentioned laser-eyed Elf Queen, who lives on a small island off the side of ours. Zaji'im wants to get in her pants because she's terrifying. See: Flaws. Party has terrible habit of getting caught drinking with rebel Elf spies, but won't stop getting drunk in her city because Elves throw the best parties.

Natalia Alispahic. His niece, aspiring monster tamer and my new secondary. The party all brought in their heirs as there's a lot of content that we're too high a level to justify visiting.

>Enemies:
The Kai Empire. Magical fuckery plus another night drinking early on in the campaign lead to the accidental death of a visiting prince, sparking war between the Empire and our fledgling nation. Their Emperor sent 5x our numbers as an invasion force, lead personally. There were no survivors and the Kai nation is currently in a succession crisis. As we managed the slaughter without sinking a single ship, the loot haul was particularly large and is what bumped the party into name level.

Oh, I remember this guy! El Chakal was a Pelor artifact that you refused to give up, right? You mention he's a mama's boy, but how does that play out?
>Today our hordes move out!
>Did you brush your teeth?
>Not yet but I-
>Go brush them.
>Yes mommy.

>Fuck that elf queen with the laser eyes
Only the most noble, honorable of goals. Truly. Also,
>Corruption murder-blender
What does that even mean?

>Enemies (cont.):
Just about every living thing on this island that doesn't live in our one city or our personal holdings. We're resettling this island that used to be the home of an ancient civilization that was apparently so bad that the gods decided to hit it with five cataclysms that individually would have sufficed to wipe it off the map. Centuries later, the place is covered in nasty beasties that like eating hapless settlers.

>Appearance:
Golden brown skin, black hair, extremely muscular (18 STR), absolutely covered in scars, and smiles almost constantly. Fists have iron grafted into them after a night of carousing lead him to a back-alley surgeon.

He wears red and gold plate armor wrapped in enchanted thorns that will lash out at attackers.

Wields an artifact greatsword named Rhwnbyd. Found it at early levels (in fact, my old character died stealing it from the dungeon) when it was weakened and unaligned, has since been fully powered and had the will of Armok forced upon it. Extremely powerful anti-corruption weapon.

Holy shit does leveling up turn you into a Mary Sue. A year and a half ago this guy was nothing but a cut-rate fighter without enough gold for his starting gear and a god that literally told him to go fuck himself.

>If you're character wrote a self help book, what would it be about?
It would be titled "The Armokian Guide to Helping Yourself." and it would just be a piece of leather folded in half with nothing in between because when you ask for help, you get nothing!

Yup same guy. When the party makes mama jokes they usually find themselves grappled and bloodied by Kaiger because no one should ever imply anything terrible about his mother.

As for the green text it's either that or
>Today our hordes move o-mom?
>Don't mind me sweetie. I'm apart of the warband just go on you're doing great.

Between his extra smite damage and the artifact sword he had shoved on him level 2, he absolutely wrecks anything with Corruption, aka Demons, Undead, some cultists etc.

In a system that uses only d6s for damage, he routinely does damage in the mid-high 30's with every attack against Corrupt enemies.

What system? You mentioned class growth rates, so I'm curious.

Deity stuff for the best tentacle thing ever.

Yargle Flarg
Titles: The Mighty Tentacle, It That Squirms, Mr Flargtastic
Power Level: Outer God
Home Plane: That which lies beyond planes.
Alignment: Chaotic. Just Chaotic.
Portfolio: Tentacles, madness, constantly being summoned by mages, gibberish
Domains: Knowledge, Chaos

Yargle Flarg is a lesser known outer God of Madness and tentacles. Some say that it is the most truly representative of outer gods, as it embodies little more than madness, tentacles, and forbidden knowledge. Commonly has his tentacles yanked into the material plane by nosy mages who have gotten their hand on the legendary tome, "Spells You'll Regret, Volume 1." It views these expeditions with annoyance, as mages either tend to respond to its presence with snark, awe, or simply running away.

AD&D, with a heaping helping of homebrew.

I adjusted some stuff about his face; go with whichever you prefer.

"Implied tentacles are scarier than visible tentacles,"

-so decrees the rules of horror.

>"How to overcome your lewd desires and keep your purity"

So is this just a fapbait character or what? Nothing you posted about this OC lends anything to suggest that to be the kind of book she'd write.

>scared of everything
>freezes up all the time
>socially inept
No thanks.

As OR? Yeah, I agree.

Inside joke. And you're not inside.

The character is a joke?

The purity/lewd thing is.

So the rest of it is just garbage by mistake then?

She's a young wizard basically raised by psycho puritans. The kind that are like, if you go talk to anyone, you'll burn in hell.

This is wonderful. I'm going to include Yargle Flarg into my next pantheon.

Thank you. I worked kinda but not really hard on it.

"Yes" would have been a much simpler response. There's no sense in dragging around dead weight, who wants to adventure with someone who locks down in a fight and can't talk to people outside of one?

See . Also? Wizard. Guaranteed to be the strongest in the party.

My bad user, I thought we were allowed to critique characters in a development thread. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Also
>support mage
>strongest in the party
You sure about that?

Not even my character. Also, you seem to misunderstand the difference between critique, and insults. Critique points out ways to improve, a middle schooler could tell you that. Also, you were picking apart almost nothing that was written! Combat wasn't even mentioned. There's almost nothing there, but you just felt the need to call someone's character garbage. Which is, I dunno, unexcellent? Bogus even?

Dude, chill. Every thread is bound to get a shit poster from time to time.

See >scared of everything
>freezes up all the time
>socially inept
>No thanks.
These are reasons I would not put this character anywhere outside of their house.

But hey it's easier to whiteknight me and ignore that and pretend I'm just another anonymous boogeyman.