/cyoag/ CYOA General

Info Dump: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread: Some user split up the Monster Hunter CYOA into multiple pages so that it's easier to read. Just for this OP here it is if you want it.
Folder Zip: s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=67793453734600415759

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43840760/#43851520
client01.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc://irc.rizon.net/cyoa
pastebin.com/856F1WtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry, my bad on that one.
>How would you like to see orange (color or fruit) implemented in a superhero CYOA?
Perhaps have the color of the costume give you various benefits? The color orange has been linked with energy and vitality, so that could be a thing. Or have it be an optional Item you could have for more power.

Thoughts?

To restate the question said late last thread, are there any cyoas that work well when linked together?

Posting this one since it's still pretty new.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought they were talking about Hunter CYOA (with the multipliers and such for points).

SDA, pls don't make my character a badguy in your cyoa;_;

Apparently they're not bad guys, just mary sues for people to hunt and craft weapons out of.

What's Sandra doing now?

I posted a bunch here.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43840760/#43851520

But I don't want her to be hunted and turned into a weapon:( Maybe if somebody was fighting for good and needs help defeating evil, then she'd agree to have her soul bound into a object to become a sentient weapon that smites evil...

He's making my character somebody you're supposed to kill in one of his cyoas;_;

>But I don't want her to be hunted and turned into a weapon:(
Shouldn't have made a build that people would consider mary-sue-ish, then, I guess.

I kinda infodumped on the IRC, but basically my future plans include:
>Battlemage
>Guard Duty
>Mary Sue Hunter/Slayer (working title, think of it as an extension to weapon forge)
>A fortress-builder CYOA
>A town builder/nobility CYOA
>A pick-a-god CYOA
>A gladiator CYOA
>An extension to the Acoustic magic school from Battlemage (shred people's faces off with magitech guitars, shoegaze people's minds into mush, etc)

All of which will be individual CYOAs, but can be integrated with one another. For example, you can carry over your weapon from Sue Hunter into Battlemage. There may be more, but these are the solid plans. And I'd likely only get them done if I don't get hired again after my contract ends, which is not looking likely. Sometimes I want to be a NEET again so I can work on CYOAs, but then I remembered that I need money.

Also, apparently, my colour profile is completely off. I have to recalibrate my monitor and I've been putting that off for some time. Pic related is an output from photoshop and its colours are nowhere near what they should be.

And of course Souls CYOA, which is separate from the rest.

There's nothing wrong with my build and I'm not going to let people bully me into not making builds I like!

Well that's just not very nice user.

SDA pls read and

Was someone else also working on a Souls CYOA, or am I just confusing people?

how about you get better taste?

If you want people to stop bullying you, than detach yourself from your builds.

10 years of work in paint since last thread

I want to be Hitler. Yes.

You're not the only one going onto Sue Hunter (working title).

Someone made a not-Souls CYOA awhile back, but as far as I know, I'm the only one working on a Souls CYOA.

Does anyone know how to fix colour profiles?

I am the flame, user.

More like a flaming faggot amrite?

Firewood. It's incredibly easy to prove that someone is a witch if you want them to be a witch.

You will never defeat me, user. :^)

are you willing to leak any more sues?

SDA! I OFFICIALLY DO NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE MY BATTLEMAGE CHARACTER IN SUE HUNTER CYOA WITHOUT FIRST RUNNING THE DETAILS BY ME, HER CREATOR!

k
y
s

oh my god

i know right?

Guess he'll do it without your permission, then.

I don't want to de-feet you, your feet are smelly.

Goin' to Hugo, staying with Hera, and taking the Communicator with me. Gotta keep in touch.

This was a preview post for this thread and it was honestly so fucking autistic that I just had to comment. Get it together man.

Your tears only make this more exciting.

Angel, chill on the caps-lock. It puts people on the defensive and instantly makes them want to defy you rather than work with you. Yelling proves impotence.

Are there really so few Mary Sues in the world that you've specifically got to the PC of someone who doesn't want you to and will cause constant shit over it? Every time you post it the entire thread will go right the fuck down the shitter.

I'll take the Wildfire!

Every time you post the Mary Sue Hunter, CYOA, that is.

Maybe you should sue SDA Angelanon. Get a good lawyer.

The only things worth doing are things which tripfags don't want you to do.

i mean, angelanon making a huge fuss about their mary sue totally not being allowed to be hunted and murdered makes it a perfect candidate for a mary sue hunter cyoa.

How many SDA's do we got on this thread, anyways?

all of them

Stop using my waifu.

The more you get triggered, the easier it becomes to deal with it.

She needs to figure out the consequences of what she does. I'm actually surprised no-one has copied one of her builds and gone another direction with the flavor.
She might have some sort of attachment thing, she likes her builds too much.

And I just went and analyzed things like she actually has autism. I'm going to go not-Veeky Forums for a bit.

Angelanon come to the /cyoag/ irc if you want to speak to the real SDA.

client01.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc://irc.rizon.net/cyoa

Now we need people to dump CYOAs super hard.

Reposting best cyoa of last thread

>someone said mean things to me on 4chins ;_;

Your waifu is shit user.

Sweet, I'll ask my questions again then.

Does time in the outside world freeze while I'm in the pocket dimension?
Does time in the pocket dimension freeze when I'm outside?
Do I age if I spend prolonged series of stays inside?
What if I don't come back for a while, will the companions be waiting around forever, being able to enjoy the comfy themselves, or will it freeze and they have no sense that I ever left?

If I can bring people into the dimension, could I, eventually, bring one of the monster girls out? I feel it would be a bit cruel to keep them there if they ever expressed a curiosity of where I come from/what the outside world is like.

I know this sounds like I'm trying to metagame, but really I want my companions to be comfy too.

Please kill yourself.

this makes me sad ;_;

A

Who is this angel person, and why does everyone hate them now? Are they a cyoa creator?

Well user if the whole point of the cyoa is to be comfy you should decide whatever feels best for you and your companions

They are a (1) CYOA creator and they've always been hated.
B

>
Sunrise
Winter
Fire Place
Couch
Large Windows
Large dogs, and fat cats for company,
Radio
Workout
Hot drinks (milk and honey)
Pastries

open question not aimed at highlander: What the FUCK are the differences between psionic, psyker?

i mean...Being a jedi seems a bit straight forward
being a "normal" mage is straight forward.
the other two? fuck if i know.

Psyker = 40k
Psionic = Just think your typical psychic.

An oldie but goodie.

Sorry I missed this question. I'm usually only on late in the evening.

Like said, whatever would make you most comfortable the mysterious cosmic being will allow.

>one google later
so...psykers = mind numbingly powerful if they dont explode into gibs, whispers of madness and demons

and psionics = pic related?

Psykers have a connection to the ether through their bodies. Have a lot of oomph but critical existence failure is always in the cards.

Psionics have a connection through their heads, get the typical psychic baggage and worry about their heads asploding.

Both can not only be a danger to themselves but also those around them, so the hoods are a must.

Any idea of what order they'll be made in? Not tryiing to badger or anything but the gladiator one sounds the most intriguing to me.

I chooseth none.

If that works for you, great; I don't like the way browsers handle images most of the time; intermediate zooming is annoying when needed, for example.

I split up Monster Hunter for my sake only. I shared it only because I thought someone else might feel the same. It's not something I'm trying to force on anyway.

I'm doing the same for several other CYOAs now, because having tried it with Monster Hunter, it greatly increases my ease with which I can scan through and think about builds.

It's all good; to each their own, etc.

>hoods are a must
>Actually shaving your head and running tubes into your brain.

Psionic = Telepathy, telekinesis, mind reading and maybe some mental suggestions thrown in.

Psyker = Specialize in the "breaking things down" side of the equation which includes what little mental health they have, and a whacked out Psyker is kind of a bad sign. Good at leveling cities and crushing people, though. Outside of that, do not trust.

So did Box Win ever finish that DLC for Hero Academy?

D

I do have somewhat of an official chronological order for these, but I won't shove how you play them down anyone's throats.

If you were to ask me...

Gladiator, Guard Duty and the Pick-a-God ones are the ones that happen earliest. They can happen interchangeably; they're meant to be the "origin" type CYOAs. Guard Duty and Gladiator were meant to be separate origins, and I'm brainstorming for other ideas of an upbringing, but I'm not dismissing the idea that you can chronologically play both.

Town Builder/Nobility can happen after those, but it can also serve as an "origin" type CYOA. It'd make more sense chronologically to start off as a guard/gladiator slave first, then somehow get ownership of a town.

Sue Slayer, Battlemage, and Fortress Builder happen after that, interchangeably. My idea is if you start off as a sue slayer and then become a battlemage, you're liable to be a more powerful battlemage. Battlemage is meant to be the core CYOA to this, anyways.

The idea of Fortress Builder is that you're some sort of military officer given charge of a fortification of sorts. Think of it as sort of an Overlord mentality, except you're not some "Lord of the Realm" or anything like that. I'm planning on basing its mechanics on Star Dust. Chronologically, it can happen any time after Town Builder/Nobility.

Spectre is the best option.

Reposting because why the hell not.

Pretty sure he gave up. Doing superhero type shit now.

Came back last thread, actually.

Definitely going with spectre. Being able to walk through walls would be a neat prank power.

Why does White Phosphorus = Nazi?

Every nation used them as anti-personnel until they got b& and still use them as marking rounds today.

I might have missed one or more of Angel's autistic rants while i was off Veeky Forums for a bit, but is there really any reason why her idea (dumb Mary Sue decides that the Player's quest is a virtuous one and becomes the starter weapon of her own violition) wouldn't work?

I mean, other than just wanting to murder one of Angel's characters, which I can't exactly judge you for given what's saved within the contents of subversion.txt over on my end.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know Angel's hair colour, eye colour, general physical build, d/s preference, and/or her opinion on futa?

Can I pick a god to fuck over?

Her hair is currently dyed red, she's short with a slender build (I think), and she loves futa.

A, always.
Credit Card

please be a waifu cyoa

I never liked these guys. Good gods are too sissy, evil gods are too evil, and the neutral gods basically ruin your ability to live your life.

>Boons: Vitality, Magic, Mind
>Deep Forest
>The Mentor
>The Nemesis

I tried to write a thing! It's awful.

pastebin.com/856F1WtE

IIRC: first saw her blond. don't know, couldn't say if dark or dilated. slim. unrevealed. do lesbians like futa?

Futa is a fetish for closeted bisexuals and gay men.

I like ezaja. I'll become the next kojima/miyamoto/whoever, pretending to not be a disciple and letting everybody kill eachother as I make awesome videogames and chilling with my dragonbro I got from the merchant (also bought: Mansion, comprehension, detect divinity). If anybody catches on that I'm a disciple, I'll just flip them off, cover everything with illusions, and have my dragon fly me back to my mansion where they can't touch me.

You probably would like the old gods even less.

Amlia a best, btw. If you disagree then you can go to time out

Ezaja forces you to be an attention whore. That's some bullshit unless you already are, in fact, an attention whore.

And I didn't like the old ones for the same reasons I don't like the new ones, yes.

I'm a fag, and I'm attracted to men, not chicks with dicks.

>tfw I chose B

I don't give a shit. I'm not doing a whole build to include a thing that is essentially a 1,000+ credit drawback. I mostly just don't want to read the entirety of a 160+ page CYOA I don't like.

Well, when you're working for a god, you should expect to have to play by their rules. There's plenty of other cyoas for just getting random powers