Is he LG?

Is he LG?

Pretty sure he's BT

He's kind of a mix between LG and NG. He's a guy who's normally LG who is willing to work outside the law if that's what's required to fix things.

DD is NG, MM is LG

Neutral Good. Vigilantism puts him squarely outside of being Lawful, but his focus on mitigating the criminal element of his society makes him both good and non-Chaotic.

I'm so fucking sick of comic book stuff. Idols are infesting my animes and /co/ is dominating my /tv/.
I haven't read this much in years.

I saged my pointless moaning and it still bumped the thread, thanks moot.

/co/>/a/

Related media? Debatable, up to your own tastes.
Boards? Not in a million years.

I'd be willing to hear your complaints about comic books if you weren't an anime fan

I'd accept your criticisms of 50 years worth of animation if you didn't read picturebooks about WWE plotlines.

No.

In a superhero setting, where vigilantism is the norm, and corrupt governments are the norm, he's lawful good. In DnD, he's lawful good (most adventurers are freelance anyways, that doesn't stop them from being lawful good).

It's only in a more realistic setting that actually shows the problems with vigilanteism that he starts becoming less than lawful, less than good.

>implying

If you filter out all the derivative stuff, there are maybe 4 or 5 anime that did something interesting and worthwhile. At most you've got a fourth of a season that's worth watching, not 50 years.

If you don't think that the western comicbook industry is as bad or worse than the Japanese manga shit then you're as deluded as any weeb.

the western comic book industry hasn't made an entire genre out of "idols in high school" shows, or "high school girls doing cute but trivial things with vague lesbianic undertones all episode".

So yeah, the western comicbook industry is better.

Fuck no

I said manga, not anime. The Japanese hate manchildren who watch anime about a much as the average American would hate a brony, cartoons are cartoons in every country. Manga is far more respectable and, outside of the generic shoujo or WSJ powerlevel shit that the teenage nips eat up as much as your hot topic weeb little brother, has a vastly higher level of quality and variation that 99% of anime. A salaryman can read manga on the train on the way to work without getting funny looks.

No, it's been takien over by SJW and people have to recolor every hero to make them black, gay, transgendered, and make women save every day all day.

Which do you really think is worse?

>A salaryman can read manga on the train on the way to work without getting funny looks.
so can a salaryman literally anywhere

I don't really like comic book superheroes, but I make an exception for the Punisher, so I'll take the rest of the capes showing up to get him back.

“We are absolutely in agreement that the protection of the rights of women in Japan is important. On the other hand, we think it should be carefully and seriously evaluated whether the measures taken to ensure those protections are valid ones or not. If we are asked to consider whether “Protecting Women’s Rights in Japan” requires us to “Ban the Sale of Manga and Video Games Depicting Sexual Violence,” then we must reply that that is an absolute “no.”
“Reasons for Our Opinion:
“Reason #1 – The so-called sexual violence in manga and video games is a made-up thing and as such does not threaten the rights of actual people; therefore, it is meaningless in protecting the rights of women.
“Reason #2 – In Japan, and especially when it comes to manga, these are creative fields that women themselves cultivated and worked hard by their own hand to create careers for themselves. If we were to “ban the sale of manga that includes sexual violence,” it would do the opposite and instead create a new avenue of sexism toward women.”

As long as the comics aren't trying to tell me slice of life high school girl stories, I'll take casting done by a new york gay pride parade over anime or manga any day.

The color, sex, and identities of the characters are less important to me than making sure the characters are actually doing interesting things.

It's literally impossible for him to be lawful or chaotic. I feel he dips below the good standards with how he treats his friends as Matt Murdoc.

I say true neutral, but NG also can be argued.

So comics preaching at you is just fine then.

Because that's all they do nowadays.

You know that this is not true right? I mean, just a quick google on blogs on people that live in Japan will tell you that a lot of the things we believe of them is wrong and a couple of them specifically mention that one's passion for anime AND manga is seeing as being a manchildren by most people. They also say that Japan is incredibly low tech despite advertising high tech style of living, like they would be super high tech in 1992, but they sorta stopped there, so the majority of companies uses fax machines and their cellphones are not all smartphones with a lot of people using and buying the blocky ones. My sister recently went to Japan on a business trip and although she couldnt confirm in just a couple days their views in manga+anime, everything else on those articles and blogs was spot on, which give them credibility in my book.

Reading some seinin manga volume a in suit on the 07:15 to Ikebukuro != loudly debating which Naruto waifu would be the best at sucking your ninja dick.
Obsessives are hated by regular people universally and Japan really is stuck in the Edo period with its concepts to conformity.

D&D alignments have no relevance whatsoever outside of D&D. To those too slow to understand what I'm getting at: it means he's got no alignment.

Lawyer persona: Lawful Good, hands down. Works within the law to bring about justice for the oppressed. It doesn't get more cut and dry than that.

Daredevil persona: Chaotic Good, maybe Neutral Good. Works as a vigilante outside the law, but ultimate breaks only lesser laws and often works with local officers to bring criminals to the light of the regular system of law. Depending on your viewpoint, he can be considered straight Chaotic Good in the sense he's an agent acting contrary to his world's civil law for a noble purpose, or that he's Neutral Good for defending innocents against crime.

>split alignment based on costume
You must play Pathfinder

More like based on persona, which isn't actually that strange. A doctor at work might be completely detached from his patients when delivering news about their illnesses, and the most sentimental fellow you'd know when dealing with his family. Doesn't matter if you wear a mask or a lab coat, when you don the tools for a role, you'll find yourself acting the part.

In addition, this isn't a definition of the entire character of Matt Murdock, but rather a tendency of his actions in a given condition. He acts one way when he's a lawyer and another when he's in costume. Trying to define his actions as a whole (And any single person) will wind up with a scattering on the spectrum of law and chaos.

Fictional characters don't have alignments. He's not a D&D character.

I think if he was really Lawful Good, he'd be willing to actually smite the evildoers so they stop being a problem, instead of giving them slaps on the wrists over and over even though he knows full well they'll just go right back to murder and mayhem. I think Batman is Lawful Evil because he "fights crime" completely ineffectively and only for self-serving ends. It's all an ego trip for him.

Neutral Good, pretty easy. Much, much easier to pin down with a D&D alignment than the Punisher, who radically changes "alignment" depending on who's writing him.

/co/ really needs to be split into a cartoon board and a comics board.

Actually, how did the addition of /quests/ change Veeky Forums?

I'd prefer a "/cog/ - Comics and Cartoons General" board to behonest. Daily general threads and all of the faggotry, autism, low quality posting, tripfagging, and circlejerking that is allowed to breed because of them is appalling and has brought forth some of the worst shit to ever grace this site.

Much like with Veeky Forums, that ilk needs to be quarantined.

>dat edge

Ew, you like anime but not comics?

Shit fucking taste dude.

Anyways, DD is NG.

>Boards? Not in a million years.
My friend you don't understand

Literally did nothing

I'll accept your comment about 50 years of a medium, if you weren't casually dismissive of 100 years of another medium.