The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously:
A certain someone is bad at color theory. People debated. Writing was had. Flakes were made. Stuff happened. I'm tired. Stop saging the threads right before I go to bed.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
Serena shows off her "assets" (LEWD): Hey look. Another shitty poem: Venn made a thing: Revas and Serena did a thing, too: a partial thing:

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come. Unless that's too gay. I update the repo on a bi-threadly basis anyway.
>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10630537
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Part 2

Less sad and serious ships, more comedy sketches and fun interactions.

Your flake ships

Give them to me.

Which ones were sad?

When's Venn gonna end up on the flake sheet, just out of curiosity?

Who does Izari get shipped with?

Whom would be fun to interact with?

Gaia/roofies
Ivander/Dekalb
Anna/Symonds

I don't know exactly which one were sad, but need to go back to things like that planeswalker store or the planeswalker inn where absrud stuff happens.

Serena's description in this version of the OP montage triggers me. Gigantic breasts are miracles of the Multiverse.

Also, here's a new flake to start off the new thread, with a story about her currently in the works.

>Meanwhile, on Innistrad

"I'mrakul..." the half-devil girl said to herself.

"We'mrakul... He, she, it'mrakul..."
Cala did a cartwheel past a burning cart and righted herself, looking around at the massive gaggle of devils burning the square of the town. "The people here say really strange things these days," she mused to herself.

From under the rubble of a recently collapsed building, a strange, mutating person pushed itself up and let out a gargled shout at her as it began chanting, just as the others did.

"They look strange, too. What if..." With some focus, she forced the horror's body inside out, just for a few moments. The results seemed... to really not do much to it.

And then she became curious.

She put her fingers to her mouth and called the attention of the devils with a whistle.

"Hold it down! I wanna see what makes this one tick!"

I really like this.

Coming from you, that could mean more than one thing, but thanks?

I like it in a completely innocent way! It's cute! It's fun! It's dark! It's a roller-coaster of emotion! I've got Spielberg on the phone!

I'm not him, but I think it could be the start of something interesting myself - though obviously that requires a bit more knowledge on how Emrakul's new brood works, and thus knowledge we won't have for a few weeks...

Reposting Venn's Sheet for Critique and interest

>poor spelling
>meta references
>actually has spells and equipment from multiple planes when he was ignited for a week at most.

The latter stuff is mainly due to the fact that this sheet is for his day to day travels down the line.

While I wouldn't have phrased it quite like he did, did bring up a few things that could be cleaned up. The spelling is just an honest mistake, but a good way to make his backstory mesh better with all of the planes he's traveled to would be to push the ignition event back a bit. Keep in mind, Avacyn and the angels, including Gisela, have been killing people since Shadows Over Innistrad, not just when Emrakul arrived. It's completely plausible for him to have witnessed her doing something horrible earlier than Eldritch Moon. It's a minor point, but it does help paint a more consistent picture.

Also why is he looking for a spell that burns the blind eternities? If it's because of Emrakul, how would he know that's happening? Saying Emmy isn't really on the plane isn't something someone would auto assume since it is counterintuitive to what most planeswalkers know.

As I said, the sheet is more of a general travel thing. He doesn't have these within the week he first gets his spark. This is a "Where he is now" profile and the story I'm writefagging is "How he got there"

Hyperbole. Basicly he just is looking for a hell of a burn spell.

Oh, sorry, I didn't update the thread before I posted and I didn't see . Nevermind!

Ok, just trying to keep ic and ooc separate.

Sorry to interrupt the circle jerk but it looks like portions of the em book leaked.
As everyone on the planet predicted the power of friendship wins again and emrakul gets shoved in the moon with the assistance of Jew magic.

Updated Chiyo's bios to try and account for some of the points made last night. Critique the shit out of it anons.

Shit. Forgot to upload the pic.

>Jew magic
I wonder what that means.

But really, what else was going to happen? This block's storyline was a doomed ship from the start. There was only ever really one possible ending.

Also, name change. Same trip.

As silly as it is, I approve out of principle.

Other user here. Posting the previous version for the sake of easy comparison.

You forgot the option where they are saved. Please.

I'm a fan of DIOMEDES's chest

Pseudo Gisela confirmed

>Serena/Happiness
If only...
Also I can't wait for that GiselaxSerena pic to be finished, angel lesbians are the only lesbians I tolerate.

I mean, it's kinda obvious.

pic related

Will you be my friend?

We are Vro'nakul.

>Will you be my friend?
Of course!

Bio Differences:
>First paragraph, new sentence notes fighting with muscle memory
>Fourth paragraph, new sentence notes that her past conditioning is a remaining part of her and is therefore not wrathful. Notes her want for a challenge. More about her self-discipline and keeping herself true. More discussion about her white-aligned values to protect others and how she seeks a fair challenge.

This alteration to the fourth paragraph greatly instills the character's continued white values despite the changes to make red part of the character's color identity. Both are now reasonably present, with the white tempering the red in a way that makes the character's eagerness for a fight more reasonable.

These adjustments make a more fulfilling character for sure, but I would not be surprised if the character is still questioned on green values. From my own reading, the WR is obvious and works together in a way that reminds me slightly of some other characters from the texts that are written in those colors.

Also
>angel lesbians
Oh gosh.

Will you be my friend Outside of Veeky Forums?

Of course! Another way to communicate would be more convenient and wouldn't clutter up the threads as much.

Woah
What's wrong with normal lesbians?

Add me on steam, search for my favourite angel flight and you will find me quickly

The fact that she pursues conflict for the sake of thrills is also aligned with the "big game hunt" that strongly signs with green. The fact that she accepts who she is, how she is, and believes this is her true nature is aligned with green. And the fact that she fights on instinct rather than tactics also aligns with green. But, that's just my take on it.

They aren't angels.

I like angels.

Duh, get it together. You should have figured this out by now~

And we have Emrakul's demise.

> Emrakul is pulled into Innistrad
> Oh no, my friends are all dead
> I better make some more
> We have to eat to keep mana energies from overflowing
> We have to save the multiverse from becoming a ticking time bomb
> We gotta eat
> Hey, all you little creatures
> Hey, all you little peoples
> Hey, all you little wolfers
> Hey, all you little angels
> Will you help me save the multiverse?
> Oh you will!? Gee Golly Thanks!
> Hey, some more friends out from no where!
> Will you help me---
> What are you doing?
> What's happening to me!?
> My friends!
> No!
> Don't leave me in the moon!
> My...
> ...friends.

I suppose that they don't go crazy at the drop of s hat, but I'm failing to see how that's a bad thing.

Sent! It's the spiral one.

The thread is losing momentum. Bumping for life support. Thread, don't you fail me now.

These book spoilers are giving my feels. Why did Wizards literally kill everyone with a name on Innistrad?

Good gods, we have had daily threads that go out of bump range for a week now, give it some rest.

Because they feel like it is the only way to create the appropirate pathos. Maybe they took a page from GOT seing how many people are seemingly appealaed by powerful people killing each other at an insensately high rate for petty reasons.

This is starting to look really appealing...

Oh yeah but when I said that you thought I was mad. MAD!

Your God kills children. Your God isn't good.

I support this. A revolving door of new character cards. We need fewer reprints.

That's not why we said you were mad.

I never said it was a good thing. It is pretty awful that they have to kill everyone. Going back to re-reading og ravnica or kamigawa, yes, some characters obviousyl died, but it was not the killfest of these days. And then they just changed setting and characters for the expansion after it. Where is the problem with doing it like this, I don't know.

My god is pure.

Please. We went over this already.

I mean, just because you say it....

Welp. That's disappointing, stupid, and gay beyond belief. And once again, I bet it requires no permanent sacrifice on behalf of our heroes to beat this world-devouring villain-of-the-month.

Utterly cheap and disappointing.

Have some sense of humor.

PURE.

Also allegedly Sigarda dies too.

Anyone know a planeswalking therapist?

It is hard to consider it humor after a while...
Now this s a kinda neat thing to write about.

The plane suffers. The neowalker protagonists don't. There is no weight to their actions. No permanency. It feels as cheap and weighty as comic books.

Well, here's something to hope for then...
> Emrakul is being sealed away into the Moon
> she displays an unrevealed ability
> she not only can put herself into planes
> she puts herself into Nissa
> Nissa'rakul becomes a new waste/colorless Walker

If you have a name and you come from Innistrad you better have some really good life insurance, cause Wizards are coming for you!

There is something of very dirty in the way you are putting this...
HEY! Have some respect for my colleagues, they do a far better job than Wizards

>they do a far better job than Wizards
Not really setting the bar very high there.

Unless you're weremilf, 'cause the power of the tumblr fandom will save her. Hugbox tumblr loves weremilf.

I'm talking about American superhero comics with their flavor-of-the-month villains amd constant return to the status quo.

I'm normally not one to praise myself, but I think I do a better job than Wizards, though I'm probably just bitter.

>le smug wolf face xD
Arlinn is a garbage card and a worse character, that is to say she has no character.

Interesting, but the whole 'truth must be known' thing could be represented by mono-blue. I don't see what pushes her over the edge towards green.

There is literally nothing dirty about that. You wanted me to be less lewd, even though it's jokingly lewd, yet you still treat me like I'm being lewd? Might as well just not stop at all if that's the case. I was trying to take your feeling in account.

>strawpoll.me/10630537

I am easily embrrassed. Is it a crime?
... I like weremilf tho.

Named character are a bit like the Vegeta of mtg, they are only here to be killed by the vilain of the set to show that he is serious business and make the Jacetice league looks good when they beat him.

Interesting. Is this story going to go somewhere?

It's an anonymous image board. None of us know you irl, there is no need to be embarrassed. But, you should know that all my behaviors are playful bantering and shouldn't be taken seriously or be offended by it. But, I am trying to take your feelings in consideration here. Just meet me half way every once and a while.

>Olivia's dead
>Avacyn's dead
>Gisela's dead
>Bruna's dead
>Sigarda, Thalia, and Gisa might be dead

Man, this set has been hell on waifus.

I guess Wizards decided you weren't allowed to like Innistrad so they killed everyone likeable on the plane.

Would it make you feel any better if I did something to embarrass myself?

Don't forget that their murderer gets away completely scot free.

Nah, Sorin gets sealed, so it's fine.

This set should've ended with him ripping out Nahiri's spark and shoving it into a font if white mana to resurrect Avacyn.

Well, he's pretty much responsible for everything to do with the Eldrazi's release so it makes sense that he's punished. Nahiri's just the victim of his ego.

Except then her death and all the energy vested in it will feel like a cheap bid for faux emotional depth. Though... I guess I'd be okay with that if she was alive again.

That would be a waifu downgrade though.
And it's so great to see the edgelord get fucked.

This.

Nahiri needs to die at some point in the future. She's utterly irredeemable now.

You officially stop being subject to the victim card when you try to kill a world full of innocent people.

Nothing you do in this life will be as embarassing as your birth. Just fuck off already.

The abused becomes just as bad as their abuser after being tormented enough.

>the edgelord
who we talking about here, because they're both edgelords

Hopeful dreams user. I call it now, in a couple sets the gatewatch will have trouble with something they can't defeat and nahiri will show up to help them and be forgiven for her sins despite not even once repenting for the millions she kiled of of spite and madness. You can screen this because it will happen.

In this case, worse.

Sorin tried to save Zendikar. Nahiri tried to kill Innistrad. Funnily enough, they both failed, but Sorin has never been seen to attempt anything as evil as unleashing a giant plane-killing monster.

>he's pretty much responsible for everything to do with the Eldrazi's release
nissa, sarkhan, jace and chandra have more to do with their release than sorin, who was in the process of fixing shit before they broke out

>He's pretty much responsible for the Eldrazi's release
I never understood this argument. Literally how? He showed up to reseal them in the Zendikar block, and would've been successful had it not been for Nissa.

Oh ho ho. Looks like you have strong passinate feelings for me. Watch yourself now.

Not at all dude.

Even Sarkhan contributed more to it. So did Jace, Nissa, Chandra, and Bolas.