Having just binged the first 15 episodes of GoT, I have to say that pic related is one of my favorite character types...

Having just binged the first 15 episodes of GoT, I have to say that pic related is one of my favorite character types, and she reminded me why. To me, it's how to play the weird outsider properly, whereas most people prefer to take the "lol I bite him and snarl because I have no people skills xDddddd" or whatever.

Prepare for disappointment.

Considering it's GoT, I just assume that everyone dies, so I'm pretty prepared.

From what I've seen so far, I really enjoy playing characters like that.

Davos is the best character and remains the best character.

It's more that she's absent for ages, like three seasons or something and even when she isn't out of the show she doesn't get much screen time.

She comes back for one episode just to get krump'd by an edgelord.

You get to see that while she is a wildling, her muff is actually quite neat.

Not so much dies, as fucks off and disappears because good god so many plot threads.

Then comes back four seasons later for five seconds and is killed off.

>most people prefer to take the "lol I bite him and snarl because I have no people skills xDddddd" or whatever.

You should hang around a better class of people, OP.

Oh. Damn. Still enjoyed her.

Couldn't help but notice everyone does.

If only they were around. Watching GoT is making me really want to play, but the group I have access to are well, yea.

>hates magic
>hey Melly I know I've been hating your guts for a few seasons now but can you just use your dark magic and revive Jon Snow this guy I BARELY know at all?
>almost a full season later
>oh yeah I conveniently forgot, didn't you burn Shereen alive for some blood magic ritual in order for Stannis to win a battle which he ended up losing and dying in?

Well his other choice is getting a bunch of crossbow bolts up the ass.

From who? Night's Watch couldn't give less of a fuck about him and Melissandre can't do shit without manipulating a Lord with actual power to command people.
I doubt Ramsey even knew about Davos, much less cared enough to send 20 good men north just to shove arrows up his ass. Ramsay and 2 good men could probably fell all of Castle Black, there's no way to reduce the manpower involved in order to make it worth it killing Davos. He'd need to send at most 0.4 good men.

>From who? Night's Watch couldn't give less of a fuck about him
He's the one that found Jon's body and was helping the other brothers protect it. If he stepped out the door, he was gonna fuckin' die.

He didn't forget she did that, he didn't even know until the 9th episode this last season.

He told the others that if they stepped outside they'd be dead and the offer was a trick.

Op says he's only watched the first 15 episodes

Posts spoilers without the tag cause he's a fucking sperglord.

Seriously it's retarded that the book people were able to keep quiet about spoilers for 5 seasons then the minute the show catches up there's people going hurr durr it's my right to post spoilers everywhere.

Which he did with the intention of having Melissandre resurrect him which made no sense for his character.

ikr

Don't spoil it for OP

Also he had no idea what happened to her, he only found out penultimate episode.

It's ok. I've learned to skim potential spoilers.

Look at it from Daavos' perspective: the King you're following for your whole life has gone off and died with his army. His rule is over. You're holed up in this frozen shithole and not really sure what to do with yourself now. So you align yourself with the leader of said shit hole, who has already proven himself a capable and fair leader, has an actual claim to the throne your former king was trying to sit on, and is the only one worried about the zombie death army headed this way, and he needs your help. His is the only cause you have left to fight for, all the others are dead. But then his own men kill him, and it looks like their going to kill you next if something drastic doesn't happen.

Also in this shithole is a sorceress who you hate because she convinced your former king to do shit like burn his followers alive and send ghosts to kill his brother. She is by and large the reason why him, his men, and his daughter, who you loved very much, are dead. However, she is legitimately powerful, and may be able to revive your new fallen leader.

Even though Mell was partially responsible for Stannis' downfall, Davos' had found new purpose in Jon Snow, and was thus begrudgingly willing to work with her if it meant Jon Snow reviving. It worked, so he set his feelings towards her aside riiight up until he figured out what really happened to Shereen.

Davos is a men that needs a leader,otherwise he just won't work

holy shit OP don't read this I'm sorry

Please Op just leave this thread and binge up to the current episode

You're just going to get more retards like this

I didn't read it, but don't worry, I'll be done S2 before I go to sleep.

Cheer for Stannis user. The one true King of Westeros

>Night's Watch couldn't give less of a fuck about him

Except that he was there to witness them trying to kill their Lord Commander. They couldn't let him walk out of there alive.

It's OP own fault he still didn't saw the rest.
Also, who cares? Why all the cunts are so fucking obsessed with "no spoilers!" bullshit? It doesn't matter. If a story is good, it will remaing good regardless. If a story gets boring, because you know what's gonna happen, then it's pathetic piece of shit you shouldn't be watching or reading.
So go fucking figure, especially after the jumping the Stark season full of bullshit so bad they've somehow managed to outdo season 5

Ramsay was a mistake

Here's your (You).

'Disappears for seasons at a time, then returns to suddenly die for no reason' also describes what happens to the entire plot.
Can't wait for this shit to end so that HBO can go back to being completely culturally irrelevant.

It worked really well because there were interesting, compelling interactions between her and the other characters, as well as there being actual negative consequences for her actions. This often doesn't happen with 'lol I bite him' people because they do not know how to roleplay and they refuse to accept that their actions might negatively affect them.

Well said. I think that's exactly it. Too many players, at least the ones I had the misfortune of playing with, don't really consider that their scorpions have consequence because "it's in character lol" and the extent of their character is "I'm just a savage".

On of my favorite characters was a druid who lived out in the wild and never came into the cities. He wore black, bone studded leather he crafted himself, carried around a huge femur as a club, and used storm magic. He received message that the king requested his presence (guide plot hook), and proceeded to Capitol. What do you think happened when a large imposing man wearing black leather covered in bones proclaiming himself the Lord of Storms walked into the Capitol asking about the kings whereabouts? I knew what would happen, but we all hands laugh and the king's guard collected him before he was tossed in jail.

I was very much the opposite of a classic adventurer, unlike the rest of the party. I "talked" my way out of many wild encounters because in didn't believe in killing animals of I didn't have to. I felt we were the intruders in their territory, which was true. Animal Empathy is a skill most druids I've played with ignored completely, and instead they just kill them all like the murder hobos they were.

For what it's worth, I feel like in her limited screen time, she gets a bit more character development than in the books. Maybe I just haven't read the books recently enough, but book Osha struck me as Generic Barbarian Woman No. 1.