Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Homebrew edition! Post all of your homebrew and let us judge you with smug anime girl pics. Make your claims on which homebrew should get purged from the pastebin.

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=351657
docs.google.com/document/d/1GVTXsAAdkxpLjQFfvYzuME3lVyuhAU2chxXrK46vlbA/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/svqrkUEq
pastebin.com/5PXpRV6q
docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/hunter
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> Since you're here, how does the Omen Rider's horse work? I know it doesn't attack and the HP/AC are spelled out, but is it treated as a creature (read: does it get feats?). Giving it Narrow Frame would be kind of nice.

From internal:

> It's got an AC, it's got hit points, it's got the same touch and flat-footed ACs as its normal AC (because there's nothing to ignore with those attacks). It's got a land speed. It acts on the harbinger's initiative and is ridden like a creature. It's immune to anything that affects an area and anything that isn't hit point damage. It has the same miss chances/immunities/resistances as the harbinger. Animals refuse to attack it. It does not have ability scores, Hit Dice, feats, skills (except for Fly when it gets a modifier for it), sapience, the ability to attack, or the ability to do anything other than move. It's not a full creature. It's closer to a phantom steed.
> It's effectively just "you have more movement and can use mounted stuff, but people can shoot that ability out from under you."

I really hope that helped because otherwise you're waiting until tomorrow when everyone wakes the hell up.

Hellknight Trabant (Initiating Hellknight PrC): myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=351657

First for Hellknight is pretty good

Greetings, Veeky Forums! It's been...far longer than I would have liked, but I've fixed up the unchained Swashbuckler a bit, and I have a new, updated and errata'd document. Most of the errata is just fixing grammatical mistakes. Really, the only noticeable changes are:
- Dueling Style's Parrying Master and Fearsome Combatant now have actual levels when they're gained
- Spear Dancing Style's Balanced Strength ability was removed following some entirely reasonable complaints that it was too strong. It's been replaced with a new version of the ability that grants bonuses to combat maneuvers, playing off of many polearms' maneuver-based weapon properties.

Someone's going to post the full Mourners ebook and everyone will ignore it, thinking its the cover-posting guy. It's a brilliant strategy.

>I'm still awake when the new thread gets posted
>might as well drop homebrew

docs.google.com/document/d/1GVTXsAAdkxpLjQFfvYzuME3lVyuhAU2chxXrK46vlbA/edit?usp=sharing

The Stregone, still a little dusty after taking it off the shelf, in all it's glory. I suppose over the weekend I can go back over everything and run some theorycraft tests to see how things hold up. Might also take suggestions for a standalone spell list, since I'm pretty sure I talked about that the last time I dropped the link.

I did throw a level 7 stregone at a few monsters 1v1, and started to wonder if the damage is ever so slightly overtuned.

Average combat is 3-6 rounds long for a normal party. If you're meant to be a primary damage dealer, you should probably consistently kill things of your CR=ECL in 3 rounds and CR=ECL+3 in 6.

Hold up, that pdf out yet?

That's pretty much exactly what I wanted, thanks!

What do you think is going to happen in your next session?

Well, this is easier to deal with than less... straightforward classes. This is a full-fledged damage-dealer, primarily designed around damage dealering.

Your entry/floor for optimization should allow a Stregone to reliably do just about half of an equal CR target's health in DPR (if a level 7 can't do at least 45 damage, you got a problem).

This assumes the 'obvious basics', like point-blank shot, 80+% accuracy, your to-damage stat being at least +3 and one extra attack per round (TWF, Rapid-Shot, early source of haste, etc). This of course assumes a full-attack; but down near the floor a mobile assault should at least be able to provide half as much.

A *WELL* optimized damage dealer at level 7 should be looking at a fairly reliable chance of taking down a CR8 in one round. get a second extra attack in there (most likely through haste), deadly aim, a bit more accuracy to compensate and the right knacks or equipment.

The "ceiling" should require people spending hours on refining their build and can go higher, at that point it's "let the autisms play" territory really, and we'll usually figure something out; the most strictly locked-down abilities tend to get tossed to the wayside anyways due to also screwing lower optimization.

I need context for that.

>Average combat is 3-6 rounds long
lolno

A remotely optimized damage dealer will ruin most enemies in a single round.

>A *WELL* optimized damage dealer at level 7 should be looking at a fairly reliable chance of taking down a CR8 in one round.

Assuming they can, you know, full attack.

>MFW my character is the only one who is competent at negotiations.
>MFW my party is going to be negotiating with powerful vampires the one day I can't make it.

See, this is why I'm scouting out secondary, tertiary, and quartinary fall back bases to be rented under a false identity. For fucks sake, I just wanted to play a Half-Giant with a huegbig weapon, but apparently I need to cover our operationalness.

And I'm like 99% sure half the party is going to be coming back from the negotiations as Mind Slaves. Fucking vampire and their mind control.

>for a normal party
Optimization is obviously faster, fucktard.

Of course. But I figured explaining that in the previous paragraph was enough.

Most pathfinder combat I've seen is 2-4 rounds, and usually against several opponents of near-CR. I'm not sure I've ever seen a fight that wasn't at least considered "challenging"; even "you guys run into 4 goblins" is a fairly serious fight at level 1; the encounter system IS calibrated (not well, but in its recommendations) around having 3-4 encounters a day, an attrition system rather than extremely swingy risk... intended anyways.

Those four CR 1/2s you're fighting at level 2 (sounds reasonable right? Well that's actually a bossfight) have about 10 health each, with probably AC 12... if you can't down one on each of your two turns and you're "a damage guy"? This could get ugly.

As a person playing an hellknight aspiring inquisitor in a Hell's Vengeance game, I was much pleased by the hellknight splat pages someone was kind enough to post. My favorite part was the art. Some awesome full-plate pictures and a few sweet ass castles. And there was this picture. They can't all be perfect.

Path of War 1 explodes enemies better because they don't even need full attacks. They can just fuck you up with a Rising Zenith Strike or whatever.

Normal party isn't going to take all fucking Skill Focus on an archer, you illiterate nigger.

>Non-optimized means nothing but skill focus

The best way to deal with that is to simply put more enemies on the board. PoW lends itself well to "the party takes on 20 goblins" in ways that martials in 3.pf always promised us, but which tends to be impossible without the kind of Charop that people want you off the table for doing.

While they can "go all day" and are a bit less abyssmal (not 'good', just that everyone else is total trash) at not-full-attacks, it's all about the action economy in the end.

They let you play on the same level as competent casters and the better not-fullcaster classes, but that means now the whole party's keeping up, so encounters don't need to be massively dumbed down or specially designed to accommodate the group either.

Remember Dynasty Warriors and have the epic battles you've denied yourself the whole damn time.

>Implying 99% of anyone on Dynasty Warriors battlefields accomplish anything besides being window dressing.

Non-Optimized means "I understand the rules more or less, and this seemed cool" level.

Class design should always be viable at this basic level. It actually takes significant system mastery to commit sudoku with well designed or even just outright powerful classes, as demonstrated in old examples of "wizard all spells random as he levels".

It's always POSSIBLE to sink your character, I used to call that min-minning but it might be more appropriate to call it terminal-stormwinding or something, given the kind that usually does this.

But purposefully fucking yourself over and "what is this class let's try it out" are worlds apart.

>not realizing PCs and bosses are the 1%

Bushido style gives an absurdly long range to the AoOs of the swashbuckler.
When paired up with a shatter defenses build you could make attacks against everything within 30 feet over and over and over and over again.

My players are either going to win glory and their 9th level, or they're all going to get Dominated.

>Homebrew edition!

I made improvements to the Camazotz Homebrew race.

pastebin.com/svqrkUEq

Please give me your honest feedback, /pfg/
I know its slightly stronger than other races due to having blindsight, but its just too fitting to pass up.

>mfw I never finished any of my planned homebrews
>2 classes (I don't actually know how to write classes), 3 races (which are kind of boring), some gods (which were dumb anyway)

Night Hunter is kinda strong as an offensive trait at 1st level.

I recommend granting the +2 bonus to attack and damage only against creatures that do not possess low-light vision or darkvision while under the cover of darkness.

Also
>Favored Class: Vigilante
kek

Its not really strong.
If you think blindsight is powerful, you clearly haven't met a creative DM.

Blindsense is more reasonable, with blindsight at about 9th.

This. desu, senpai.
Make blindsight a racial feat rather than a feature.

see If what I write is any good I'll probably throw it at your face for publishing or whatever, Gareth.

Thanks for the input. I made the changes.

pastebin.com/5PXpRV6q

TIG OL' 'MURIKAN BIDDIES
THEM JAPS SURE KNOW HOW TO DOODLE 'EM, HOO BOY

I'll ask Forrest and Jeff.

Hey guys! It's homebrew edition so I may as well post it again. Does anyone want to see a reimagining of The Fighter without using Maneuvers? I have been creating a Revised Fighter that gives the fighter more Defenses and Out of Combat abilities to play with.

The concept revolves around the idea of the Fighter as a soldier and mercenary a man used to long marches, harsh conditions, and constant fighting. A man who is good at keeping himself alive and tipping the balance of battle in their favor.

For this several things have changed. For one the fighter now received Advanced Weapon & Armor training IN ADDITION to their normal Weapon & Armor training. This allows the fighter to be far more modular, giving them unique class features. To facilitate this I have added new Advanced Weapon & Armor trainings to fill out their lists, and have switched around a few of the existing in order to clarify what they do (Advanced Weapon is for Offense, Advanced Armor is for Defense).

The other thing that has been added is Advanced Equipment Training, which gives the fighter tricks to perform outside of combat. Everything from faster travel, to setting up camps, to scrounging. With Advanced Equipment training he can become a war hero and craft magic arms & armor. The Advanced Equipment training list will grow in time.

Besides this the Fighter Class Skill list has been rethought, adding new things and increasing them to 4+int modifier per level. As well Bravery has been redone.

See it all in detail here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing

I brought sad anime girls, not smug ones.

The monster classes DSP currently have are notoriously bad. They were rushed out and have minimal editing (this is evident by the typos everywhere in some of them). Their design is a bit shoddy as well. So, be warned about the monster classes, they are not the best thing DSP has made.

That is one smug Homu

>Fencing style still gets Improved Crit twice
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
FIX THAT SHIT ALREADY

You turned commenting offREEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll turn it on right now.

I did not understand how it worked until right now. This is a link you may comment with.

>Long Haul
this kinda reminds me of the packmule archetype.

>Additionally the Fighter is treated as having the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Master Craftsman feats, but only for the purpose of making magic armor & weapons.
I think giving them the bonus to craft arms and armor is great as is. Tossing that on top without a feat investment is a little bit too much.

>Scrounger
>Camp Builder
Kinda taking over the Ranger's survivalist shtick with this one.

>Skin of his Teeth
Kinda bad. Randomly rerolling without even seeing the result is a crappy ability and doesn't actually work in an online game like on roll20.

>Iron Constitution
Why not just toss in Stalwart on top of this?

>Blind Spot
Attacking flatfooted AC with a bonus to attack instead of damage? really?

It's not really too much on the crafting shit. They can't actually get a ton of cost reducers, so it's fine.

>Ranger
lol, nobody cares.

Daring scholars, field researchers, and plucky professors, all of these are an archetype I believe needed to be addressed. I have done so through the Initiator class The Scholar. It is a mix of academic and indiano jones-esk researcher, having class features to emulate a Jeckle n' Hide like monstrous man of science or the more calm champion of academia.

The class features two main class features of interest. Harvesting Research Material and the Research Facility. The Research Facility is a mobile lab used by The Scholar to provide a number of out of combat abilities and services for the party. Giving them the ability to craft magic items, contact the dead, store bodies, perform surgery, even teleport at higher levels. The other feature, Harvest Research Material is the bloody job of taking samples from creatures both living and dead. This gives The Scholar bonuses, allows them to inflict statuses, minuses to saves, and more. Harvest Research Material is also the class's recovery mechanic, allowing them to make a melee touch attack to harvest a material, and regain maneuvers.

Check it out here!
docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing

More sad anime girls. Also the link allows commenting this time

I'll probably hastily make something for my players again. I've got ideas all over the place for my campaign, it's just I have no clue how to order them all because I want to do them all yet none of it will make sense.

I'll show you an Unchained Ranger!
I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!

DSP succubus is the best succubus though.

>blind spot
Makes sense, will switch.

>Iron constitution
I think saves + stalwart is a bit too much. I would need more opinions before changing it.

>Skin of his Teeth
You're right, it should be after.

>Scrounger
>Camp Builder
Honestly they do step on the ranger's toes a bit, but I think a little bit of ranger-lite isn't a bad thing.

>crafting
I personally do not think it is too much, but could be persuaded to reconsider.

>Long Haul
I was considering another one that allows the Fighter to carry a lot more weight, am unsure as of yet.

Honestly the Equipment Trainings are hard to come up with new ones. I think the list is a bit sparse at the moment.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/hunter

That's definitely an incubus, though.
I prefer it that way anyway.

The crafting is fine.

Maybe do something like say they can craft mundane stuff better, or do maintenance on weapons?

I have considered making an Unchained Ranger, but am currently writing the Unchained Cavalier. Unchained Gunslinger I have been doing some ground work stuff for.

Cavalier & Gunslinger need Unchaining the worst in my eyes. A ranger version that is spell-less and "Unchained" would be neat, but a large undertaking as removing spells is a big change to a class.

What classes do you all think need Unchaining the worst?

Weapon Maintenance for small bonuses (like Whet stones for temporary bonuses) have been an odd mark.

Something like bonus to hit? Temporary masterwork? Scaling attack and damage? It is hard to balance those kinds of bonuses. Because otherwise PCs don't do regular gear maintenance that have statted benefits or draw backs.

I would do faster armor donning, but that's already a thing. Other stuff seems like it is covered over equipment tricks.

Thoughts everyone?

Maybe work in something like the DSP feat for sharpening stones, and a non-magical Mending effect for their gear.

Ranger Lore
At first level, a Ranger gains a +2 Bonus on Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, Intimidate, Stealth and Survival checks against creatures for every 5 ranks with which the Ranger has knowledge of the associated creature. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls against them.

For every 5 ranks the Ranger allocates to Knowledge, the bonuses against the associated creatures increases by 2.

List of Knowledges and Associated Creatures:
Arcana: Constructs, Dragons, Magical Beasts
Dungeoneering: Aberrations, Oozes
Nature: Animals, Fey, Monstrous Humanoids, Plants, Vermin
Local: Humanoids
Planes: Outsiders
Religion: Undead

This replaces Favored Enemy.

This makes Rangers walking monster encyclopedias with additional skill bonuses slapped on top of it.

I made several homebrew ideas, but haven't made much progress with them.

Freedom Fighter (Fighter)
>Proficient with light and medium armors only
>Bravery is replaced with an NPC warrior cohort. Every level of bravery gives the cohort a bonus teamwork feat.

Valkyrie (Paladin)
>Divine Bond grants a pegasus mount
>You lose Lay on Hands and Mercy. Instead, you gain the Valkyrie's Charge class feature that grants the party different buffs like Haste, increased AC, increased saves, increased attack and damage, etc. as part of a charge action.

Heroic Blade (Soulknife)
>Loses Psychic Strike. Gain Heroic Manifestation.
>Heroic Manifestation - A Soulknife learns certain class features from other classes based on his current mind blade configuration (i.e. a holy mindblade grants the paladin's lay on hands, a furyborn mindblade grants barbarian rage, an agile mindblade grants the rogues sneak attack, etc.). At later levels, with more configurations available also prompts even more available class features (i.e. a holy lawful mindblade now grants the paladin's smite, etc.)

I want to work on the Heroic Blade because its a nice "Master of all trades" kind of soulknife archetype.

>Valkyrie (Paladin)
>>Divine Bond grants a pegasus mount
>>You lose Lay on Hands and Mercy. Instead, you gain the Valkyrie's Charge class feature that grants the party different buffs like Haste, increased AC, increased saves, increased attack and damage, etc. as part of a charge action.

I like this one. Its like some kind of a divine cavalier.

So tell me TG
I have a Tengu sorcerer who has wild magic.
We use 6 different pages with 100 random events on them.
But here's the kicker, every time I use level 1 magic or higher I have to roll for wild magic.

Tell me Veeky Forums, have you play a character with wild magic or something like it?
How did it go?
Pic related, what my tengu looks like.

DEM ZENBUS

>s4 still hasn't aired yet
The wait is killing me

Well?

Working on an Archmage-based Living Legend Soulknife and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going for the traditional ranged attack feats (point-blank shot, rapid shot, etc). You get precise shot for free so that's not a factor.

From looking over the class it feels like I'm going to be pretty feat starved if I try to go for traditional ranged stuff since I'll also want psicrystal/psicrystal containment, and a lot of the blade skills look sexy enough that Extra Blade Skill feats are probably a good idea.

Wild Magic drawback for Sphere is !!FUN!! because it's Rod of Wonder.

>that feel when you did't know an archetype existed when you built your character and now it's kinda late to change it up
Feels bad man.

God damn, that is a fluffy tail. How does she not fall over backwards all the time?

Tail no mahou.

More Kitsune bullying!

Please no tail touching without permission.

We're in a rise of the runelords campaign. We just got the snot beaten out of us by a single monk (who surprised us while we were fighting some goblins)... Of our 6 member party (wilder, alchemist, cleric, mesmerist, swashbuckler and rogue) he KO'd four of them.

We're on the trail of both Ameiko and whoever stole the bones/corpse of the local priest.

Our DM has established that he'd like to use mythic ranks, and while I'm on board with it, because who *wouldnt* want a more powerful character, I have little idea as to how to improve a wilder much with them. I'm likely to select archmage and take the mythic crafting to pick up all creation feats at once, but beyond that I think I'm going to go into more generalized stuff as I'd love to achieve apotheosis and become a god.

Is /pfg/ the most fox-fapping general on Veeky Forums?

We'll probably be teleported to the Sun, having sacrificed 51 orphans and a homeless man to pay for a spaceship there, and fly it to Castrovel to fuck and probably murder or enslave a LOT of Lashunta.

For a given, heinously generous definition of 'fox'

They asleep, like I oughta be. Patience, user.

Alright /pfg/, let's listen to your pleas.

What's a book you'd like to see come out?
For me, it has to be Campaign Settings: Prophecies of Kalistrade. I wanna know EVERYTHING about the non!jews of Golarion.

Assuming we have to have Paizo stuff, I'd rather like Campaign Settings: Mana Wastes. Give me some WW1 style trench running in a magi-irradiated shithole where tech is king because mages keep exploding.

Story line wise? No idea, we seem to just be doing weekly missions. So probably killing something.
Between the players, well we have two new guys, both talk way to much, to the point that people can barely get a word in. When we're not killing stuff they are talking about how awesome their characters are. One of them argues rules by just repeating himself louder, it's an online game and the fucker doesn't even bother linking shit. brought this up with the GM mentioning that if it continues I might leave the game as they are sucking the fun out for me. GM said he keep an eye on it and for me not to leave, he'll kick them out to keep me on.

Someone explain this to me.

i don't get it either.

>guy on far left eyeing drow on far right
>trollfacing tomboy
>smug red-coat girl
>annoyed and probably tsundere red-haired girl
>brown-hair (trap?) amused at smug and tsundere's antics
>drow on far right eyeing guy on far left

Alkenstar and the Mana Wastes would be fucking amazing. It'd also prompt them to give us more goddamn guns, and possibly - though I'm not holding my breath - some better gun rules.

i'm still kinda interested in that dagrons book they've got coming out

I looked up Jade Ripley, she seems to be someone who writes little story things of...middling quality. I still don't get why this pic is getting meme'd around though.

>she
That's Gareth, user.

I'm remembering a thread a few months ago where some user proposed a Mana Wasted adventure path that was some sort of martial revolution led by Big Boss/Freddie Mercury and his awesome husband to free the wastes from the influence of the wizard PMCs who were keeping the war going for money.
Or something like that.

It was one of those hard mode challenges where you had to pander to Paizo's sensibilities while keeping it cool.

Akashic Shitsteries PDF when?

Is this what a veilweaver with 1+ essence in a few veils ends up looking like?

No, user. That isn't a fresh abortion.

Is there a way to increase Primalist Wizard's primal magic use per day?

Because it's the closet thing to Wild mage out of all Paizo content...

Considering it's Toaru Majutsu no Index, he probably walked in on one of several attractive women in the bath, which will result in him getting beaten in some fashion in a suitably comic way.

Is there any way to be a prankster bard without being a gnome.

Human,half-elf,half-orc and racial heritage (Gnome)

>No chanse to be little halfling shitster, who annoys everyone.
Why live?

Why is it "Akashic Shitsteries" and not "Akashit Mysteries"?

Because you touch your father's drinks at night

pls i need S&S modules, someone for dowloads?

Touma's super power is the ability to negate other super powers, magical or psychic. Unfortunately it also negates any form of luck he might have. He came down the hall and found two bathrooms. One had the shower running, and he knew that if he walked in on Index she'd flip out and maul him, so he went through the other door, proud to have found away to beat his bad luck.

And walked in on a nun who just finished washing up. Then Index came to maul him.

Jade is Gareth, one of the DSP boys. He's writing that. Whiners kept trying to putter out "shill! shill!" the way they usually say "cuck" but people stopped biting that stale old bait, so now they just post the cover every. Single. General. Thread. It's supposed to bait a discussion/outrage at the composition of the lineup on the cover but we've already discussed it and nobody actually gives a fuck, except the cuck who keeps posting it. It's literal spam at this point and you would do well to report it.