MTGEMN SPOILERS: 3CMC 3/2'S EDITION

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6g5ZF6DUrHI
mtggoldfish.com/price/Duel Decks Elves vs Goblins/Allosaurus Rider#paper
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stromkirk Mystic
Creature - Vampire/Horror
Trample
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card.
Madness 1R
3/2

youtube.com/watch?v=6g5ZF6DUrHI

AND SO IT BEGINS!!!

mtggoldfish.com/price/Duel Decks Elves vs Goblins/Allosaurus Rider#paper

...what? why is allosaurus rider so expensive?

Discard two cards, Eldritch Evolve Raptor, receive Grizzlebee

So, is Garruk coming out of nowhere and fucking up Liliana's shit sideways? What if he uses and controls Emrakul's corruption as a way to get even stronger?

>power of friendship saves the day again

Holy shit, I literally hope Garruk starts hunting the supershits and kills at least 2 of them.

That sure is a lot of work and requires a near-perfect hand to do quickly. Whatever floats your mana I guess.

Meanwhile Stromkirk Mystic is hot garbage.

>Goblins
Aw shit son, more goblins is always good
I fucking love goblin decks

This might not be the best thread to ask, but whatever.
I've recently started putting together a Relentless Rats deck, and I'm wondering if there is anything I could add to the deck with an effect along the lines of "Search your deck for cards that share a name with the target, add them to your hand/field"

Thrumming Stone

Fuck, thats perfect
Thanks m8, that should help speed the deck up considerably

Right now the deck has 65 cards in it

>26 Creatures
Relentless Rats x 18
Pack Rat x 4
Marrow Gnawer x 1
Rat Catcher x 2
Filth x1

>10 artifacts
Coat of Arms x1
Konda's Banner x 1
Aether Vial x 4
Thrumming Stone x 4

>9 Sorceries/Instants
Tragic Slip x 2
Doom Blade x 3
Inquisition of Kozilek x 1
Thoughtseize x 3

>20 Lands
Basic Swamp x15
Swarmyard x4
Urborg, Tome of Yawgmoth x 1

I feel like this isn't a terrible set up, and I have to thank for the thrumming stones. Is there anything else I should add/replace other cards with to make this deck better?
I've tried it a few times, but it hasn't been working too well.
Doesn't help that my buddy was running an Eldrazi deck and a White Exalted/Protection from black deck, but still, this deck just feels too slow to be viable as it is

I mean, it was pretty obvious Lili was gonna join the gatewatch, they can't just not represent one of the colors in their forefront avengers group. I'm just glad emmy got sealed and not killed

I agree with you that it's time for garruk to start playing the bad guy and crush some skulls. I'm kinda expecting them to build some kind of anti-avengers league as well, starring Nahiri and Garruk

what are your doing, your deck should be 23 swamps, 4 thrumming stones, 23 relentless rats

>Anti-Avengers starring Garruk, Nahiri, Tibalt and Ashiok

Eh, despite the memes it would actually be interesting.

Woops, I forgot to mention the 4 Ravenous Rats I have in there as well.

I thought about doing nothing but relentless rats, but it felt a little too easy to shutdown.

Ravenous Rats are cheap to summon and can help stop an opponent from setting up before I do,

Pack Rat is self replicating and also gets X +1 +1 where X is the amount of rats I control

AEther Vial, with 3 charge counters, lets me summon a Relentless Rat for free each turn (and with ripple that could be a lot more)

and the spells like Tragic Slip and Doomblade are obviously there to get rid of any douchey creatures my opponent might have, I actually just used Tragic Slip to get rid of a creature that limited all attacks to only 1 creature per turn earlier tonight.

Rat Catcher lets me pull a Relentless Rat from my deck every turn for free, which is handy

and Marrow Gnawer lets me sac any rat and tap him to add X rat tokens where X is the amount of rats I control

I'm considering dropping Filth and Urborg form the deck though. If filth is in my graveyard all of my creatures get swampwalk, and Urborg makes all lands in play a swamp in addition to their other types (which also makes Swarmyard black instead of colourless) which means I get swampwalk against everyone. But I haven't been able to get the combo to work yet, and Urborg just means I have one less mana than I could have had if I didn't play it

Urborg gives itself the ability to tap for black, as it makes itself a swamp. Unless there's a non trivial amount of non basic hate in your group, I would continue running urborg filth. It's a pretty low investment, high return combo.

>Urborg gives itself the ability to tap for black
Oh fuck me, I didn't even realize this.
I just thought it was a land with no mana and a great effect.

Yeah, I guess I'll keep it in then, I can't believe I didn't catch on to that

MTG: planeswalker civil war. In theaters next year.

WHY IS THE FUCKING DINOSAUR EXPENSIVE NOW????

It exiles green cards from your hand, it's useless

A bit new to the game, huh?
Aether Vial is an activated ability that results in a creature entering the battlefield, but has nothing to do with casting, since the word "cast" doesn't show up on it. Thrumming Stone (ripple) specifies "cast" so the two don't interact that way.

People can't wait to get 4-for-1'd on their turn 2 grizzlybee

Even vapor snag is a 3-for-1 here

>Olivia's dead
>Avacyn's dead
>Gisela's dead
>Bruna's dead
>Sigarda, Thalia, and Gisa might be dead

Man, this set has been hell on waifus.

>Rumors that Ludevic is dead
This is the real tragedy right here.

>grizzlybee

the fuck is that?

I like how they gave the bastard so much character development, set him up as this badass lunatic serial killer of a planeswalker, and then don't use him for fucking ever.

Like seriously. Fucking Wizards. This is almost as bad as killing off Yawgmoth.

Ah, you're right.
I hadn't considered that.

Not really new to the game, just getting back into it after a long time and I'm still remembering some of the specifics.
Either way, Aether Vial is still pretty good, it'll have me casting more rats than I normally could in the first few turns provided I get it in my starting hand. I usually mulligan if I don't draw one immediately

Dude, you just need some heavy green deck with a splash of black for Griselbrands and maybe some utility cards like Abrupt Decay (some form of elves, maybe?) to go cast Griselbrand turn 2-3 somewhat reliably via Eldritch Whatever.

>im just glad emmy got sealed and not killed

Oh yea. I can't wait for her to be released again so she can do nothing. And have no lasting effects on the lore just so Jace and Co can show up and defeat her again.

What are you 5?

Where can I read up on the lore of MtG?
Is there like a collection of comics/novels or something I can read that will get me caught up right from the start till now?

When did Olivia die?

No just have to read the ua archives on the wizard site

She attacks Sorin and he kills her in EMN.

Decent sac outlet for token decks.
Source? She's alive in the last UA.

So, I just got back into magic recently and a buddy of my is running a colourless Wastes/Eldrazi deck

Is it just me or is that set complete bullshit?
It just seems much much better than other sets

I'm ready for casual.

> nothing gets released from the moon when emrakul gets shoved in there
> the heron mark actually means nothing it's just some mark on the moon
How fucking boring. What a missed opportunity for something interesting to happen.

Really fucking disappointing.

>Gisa might be dead
OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S A LIE

Smasher and thought Nazi do all of heavy lifting. Both are some of the most powerful creatures ever printed.

Most eldrazi besides them, displacer, and the titans fucking suck

And the heron mark is overriden by Nissa's mark of friendship.

NO

NONONONONONONONONO

NONONONONONONONONONONONONOONO

>The Gatewatch are literally a gang of niggers spraypainting their tag on various landmarks across the multiverse

>gatewatch wuz here

>Hating on It That Betrays

>New Phyrexia is purified of Yawgmoth's taint after a climactic battle in which Chandra and Nissa channel Mirrodin's entire mana into a cataclysmic fireball that wipes out the Phyrexians
>The Gatewatch triumphantly depart into the multiverse, hot on heels of Nicol Bolas
>But not before imprinting one giant Nissa's Mark of Friendship onto Glimmervoid

>Oath of Liliana

It's all the lowest expectations I had...and worse

I like Liliana's Oath.

Also, everyone was bitching about Vamps not having a proper two drop. You got one.

You called?

>The Gatewatch prevent Nicol Bolas from destroying Kamigawa, with Nissa and Chandra focusing the plane's entire mana into a beam of energy that forces him to planeswalk or die
>The Gatewatch rest for a while before leaving to continue their quest to find Karn
>But not before reshaping Mikokoro into a giant Nissa's Mark of Friendship

I bet she's crossing fingers behind her back.

>Emrakul dead

At least this means we can finally get to a get villain and watch some planes get compleated

Shit, was meant for

>all the KNOWN Eldraxi titans were dead OR IMPRISONED

Emrakul is getting thrown into the moon. Remember the Helvault is made of moonrock.

>Yawgmoth is close to being resurrected by a cult of truly vile necromancers worse than any other black character, after the much anticipated return to Dominaria. His evil creeps across the plane and the return of the true Phyrexia is almost guaranteed.
>Arriving in the nick of time, the Gatewatch arrive and lock Yawgmoth away forever, ensuring his true and final death.
>This is done by covering what's left of Urborg in Nissa's Mark of Friendship.

>Tezzeret usurps the position as the Guildpact of Ravnica and contains its leylines, preventing Nissa and Chandra from blasting him with a powerful bolt of energy
>The Gatewatch slinks away, defeated
>But not before annihilating the Palace of the Guildpact, turning it into a crater shaped like Nissa's Mark of Friendship

>the heron mark actually means nothing it's just some mark on the moon
Even worse, they replace the heron with the Jacetice League symbol. Thanks, Wizards.

Gristlebrand

I still believe there's a hidden Phyrexian cell in the moon's core. There's no way they could fuck up the moon mystery this badly. Surely.

We just had a thread with dumps of all the books from urza's saga to ravnica

I'd rather believe Delver, Ludevic and Geralf used SCIENCE! to put Emrakul on the moon. Fuck WotC writing department, Veeky Forums is better at writing plots.

>Returning to the war-torn landscape of Tarkir, we get to see the clans rising once more, with the once-khans rising against their draconic overlords and engaging in all-out war that threatens to drive both the clans and the dragons to true extinction.
>In an attempt to put an end to the conflict, the Gatewatch arrives to create a plane-wide aura of calmness and happiness to put an end to all war on Tarkir forever.
>As a part of the ritual, they replace the Haven of the Spirit Dragon with Nissa's Mark of Friendhsip.

Hopefully every plane of existence has some form of Phyrexian corruption on it just waiting to spring back.

>heron
It's a shrew. A five-legged shrew, with a voice like whispering thunder.

So what kind of almighty shitfest is going down on Ravnica while Jace is off playing superheroes with his buddies?

>Simic found some glistening oil
>Began introducing it into experiments
>????????
>Shenanigans ensue

YOU ARE NOW ABOUT TO WITNESS THE STRENTH OF PLANESWALKING KNOWLEDGE

STRAIGHT OUTTA ZENDIKAR, A CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER NAMED NISSA

That would be fun.

>After escaping from the depths of the Underworld and an eternity of battling with her doubt and internal strife, Elspeth resolves to see the tyranny of the gods be put to an end, so that humanity can rule itself and lead Theros to a new era of prosperity.
>She emerges to find that the gods have already been humbled and turned into the bitches of the Gatewatch, kowtowing to their every whim.
>As a sign of their servitude, the whole of Nyx has been transformed into Nissa's Mark of Friendship.

>elf Hitler leaves a star of David on the moon
Kek

>wanted allosaurus rider for commander, but waited to buy cards in bulk from tcg
>may never get one now because of a meme that's not worth the price

Nice, I'll have to take a look through the archive for it.
Unless you still have a link to it, in which case that would be rad.

My headcanon is that eventually new phyrexia will figure out how to cross into other planes & will end up in Theros. The massive amount of phyrexians believing in a God of Machines will cause Nyx to give birth to a new Yawgmoth of sorts.

So, what happened to Nahiri?

Nissa, the greatest graffiti artist of the post-Mending multiverse?

I get that lore fags are freaking out because things went exactly as expected, but what are your opinions on the actual spoilers? ie. The cards.

You guys are just pitching ideas for the animated series at this point

keep going

Do new Phyrexians know who yawgmoth is?

Not bad.

What a copout. Literally anything would have been better than "green mage deus ex machina" two blocks in a row.

Mechanics, art and theme are torn. The cards that aren't mediocre and inoffensive are absolutely fantastic. However, the non-standard playability of these cards in constructed is pretty low.

I'm optimistic for the set.

I hate Nissa but this made me chuckle, thanks user

I hope the guilds are at each others throats because LEL THE GUILDPACT WENT FOR A STROLL

>1/2 for 2 that taps for 1
Mi miss elvish mystic. :(

>for 7 it turns in to a 4/6 that taps for 2
Eh. I'd play it.

>transform a bunch of 1/1 spirits/humans/elves/goblins/whatever into 3/2's
Gross.

>exile and cast a spell when you hit an opponent
>they were nice enough to give it trample
>madness to boot
I have a slight boner

On June 20th, it was revealed that Emrakul was the primary villain of the Eldritch Moon set.
On June 30th, we got pictures of the art book confirming that Emrakul gets sealed in Innistrad's moon.

Emrakul was a scary, ominous villain for literally ten days.

>People wanted Eldrazi over Phyrexians

Great "Villains" you have there.

>>transform a bunch of 1/1 spirits/humans/elves/goblins/whatever into 3/2's
>Gross.

Woah woah woah, hold up,
There is way to make all token creatures 3/2 by default now?
Thats fucking great for Gablins

>>transform a bunch of 1/1 spirits/humans/elves/goblins/whatever into 3/2's
>Gross.

Woah woah woah, hold up,
There is way to make all token creatures 3/2 by default now?
Thats fucking great for Gablins

Lavinia took a break from fetching coffee and is holding the fort.

See It requires 2G and for Emrakul's Evangel to be on the board until your next upkeep.

No, don't freak out. You sac a 3 mana green dude and some creatures to get that many 3/2 Eldrazi Horror tokens.

You're right, villains stop being threatening when you find out that the good guys are going to win.

Except you'll loose your goblins tribal support, so it's better of in a general token deck.

My favourite part is you can essentially get a turn of free blocks, assuming your opponent's creatures don't have trample

Ah, thats not that great then.
What the fuck am I going to do with a bunch of not-goblins

Also, why the fuck did that post twice? Weird

It's pretty dire that the fucking new warhammer fantasy everyone's been ragging on has better plot than this shit

Admittedly, it isn't like WOTC wants people taking photos of the art book and posting them as soon as possible.

I like all the death triggers for Aristocrat style decks.

Fun!