Warmachine/Hordes General /whg/

haven't even played a single game of this and i'm starting the general edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
> WE MK3 BOYS
until errata release check:
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?254662-Current-Errata-Threads

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't into prunes

Fuck Retribution warjacks, mother fuckers are so hard to make look good, there is just nothing to work with. I have an airbrush and everything is just lacking.

what scheme you going for?

they do look to have large smooth surfaces. you could use a pattern - airbrushing means all you need is a template of some sort. don't even need a full pattern template, just a guiding shape.

Just accept that Transluscent White all over is beyond you (nothing wrong with that). Go for something metalic or warm-color enameled.

In the last thread someone posted a supposedly MKIII WHAC update. I've checked and I haven't seen anything there about one coming out. Did that link actually work or was that BS?

Skreeeeonk!

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk

skreeonk.

do people not read these days?

text-to-speech warrroom when?

LGS stories? I was one of the first people to put real money down on preorders for the new decks and BBs, everyone else just puts their names on lists etc. Now that the limited stocks thing turned out to be true guess who gets first dibs? The damn regulars who don't pay on time anyways.

Fuck, I don't even have the war room app and most of them do. Guess, I'll wait to play another month or two

My LGS got two extra battleboxes of each faction than he had anticipated (6 Warmachine boxes, 4 Hordes boxes). I'm beginning to wonder if this limited stock story is even true.

My PG said canada got a total of 3 battleboxes. I find that a little hard to believe

Well I just bought a Teraph. Never thought that would happen, but the deal was so good.

What my LGS didn't get enough of was Faction Decks (and some battle box types). But I think the shortfall is the decks.

My LG had a shortage of legion, and another one had a shortage of just about everything. Apparently the distributor gave a pile of stock to some convention, and couldn't supply the stores properly now

Is there a good pdf of Mk3 faction cards? Want to proxy it up for my old models but also don't want to spend 24 bucks per faction yet

So what do people think about the Gang+Knockdown ruling? Are PP just trying to weasel out of having to update a whole host of cards, or did they genuinely intend the rules to interact in this way? And if so, why?

I've been very good and not complained about all the (largely deserved) nerfs Cryx have received, but I'm going to be really upset if the ruling holds and my Satyxis all get screwed over.

>did they genuinely intend the rules to interact in this way
That is just beyond unlikely.

Is this a bad time to start playing Warmahordes, with the shortages and the new edition?

Or, is this a good time and I should just look on ebay + FLGS?

No its a stupid accident and PP is trying to weasel out of retarded interactions.

Its a ruling so bad that you and your opponent would be willing to ignore it instantly.

Every faction has stuff that's affected negatively for this for no reason/

So what was the official ruling after all? Last I read, people had only just noticed the "error" and were discussing it

I think my meta is choosing to ignore it. And they dont have to change any cards, just the wording regarding stationary and knockdown. Its like 2 sentances

Infernals are claiming that Gang/Flank were tested with Knockdown and the rules are intended to be this way. PP are being torn apart over it on their official forums, so we'll see if they stick to their guns or errata it.

Anyone who doubted that we're sitting in the beta test right now shouldn't need any more proof

It's a definite weaseling. Aurora for example can't flank warjacks because she stationaries them. Great bears can't kill a frozen warjack because it got easier to hit.

Which is a higher priority in Kreoss 1 lists?
Eyriss for distruption to keep jacks, and possibly casters, out of the fight?
Or Taryn to shadowfire steady crap and black penny jammers?

It's not even the gang/knockdown ruling that's the studiest example of this.

Take Aurora, for example. She's got flank and stationary against warjacks on her melee weapon.

It's it's totally impossible for her to ever get the flank bonus against a warjack as this ruling stands.

And that's intentional?

You know what, I'm find with it being a beta. There's no replacement for the kind of playtest an entire community can give you, and it will result in a better game.

I just wish they'd admit it, and wouldn't make bullshit rulings that don't make any sense.

Yep, this release has been a fucking joke. With DC moving on, the kids are in charge of rules now and Soles haircut/trench coat obviously isn't enough to write good rules.

In melee vs engaged, half the fucking cards are inconsistent, stupid fucking rulings like this that make no logical sense and worse...they just fucking lie and say it was intentional. There is no FUCKING WAY it was intentional, that's just a lie. Period.

Someone post the photo of Soles playing inside with a trench coat on. It cracks me up and reminds me that this is a small gaming company with kids running it.

And they locked the thread.

Though, in defense of that, I doubt the mods had anything to do with this ruling, so it's not like a conspiracy.

Probably Eyriss.

Yep. Hands over ears...

I mean, look at this shit;

That's an errata list TWO FUCKING DAYS after their official release. That's sad. And some of those rulings are just bizarre. The Gang ruling obviously. Or how about the Frenzy Warbeast ruling. If he frenzies, he makes one basic attack. Oh but stuff can trigger off it like Overtake and Snacking. Oh but stuff that may grant an attack can't trigger off that one.

Ok...

I'm new to CoO and Hordes in general. Are there any "must have" models to pick up for them besides Shifting Stones?

Stalker

Ghetorix

Gorax

Bloodtrackers + Nuala

Wilder

>Gorax

You mean Feral

Layer up from gray, or start with white and do a 7-1 gray to water wash on the transitions and curves on those ret jack shoulder pads.

Always layer up if you want to go for white. White does not take well to washing. Of course you should use an airbrush if at all possible.

You know, I went and looked.

Everything changed from melee range to engaged, flank, gang, etc.

So it's entirely possible this change WAS intentional.

Which is fucking mind boggling.

Well, of course the change was intentional. But I doubt the actual target of that change was Gang and Flank and such. They may have just been collateral damage.

Except there's nothing else effected.

The thing is, it also changed charging. You can't charge a knocked down model because you can't be engaged with it. But when people asked about that, the Infernals confirmed it was a mistake and would be changed in the errata.

And even if the Gang/KD thing was intended, why? It's illogical and doesn't seem to serve any kind of balance purpose.

Never said it made sense, just that it might be them going "You don't understand out game" instead of "Shit, we fucked up."

Consider the Kreugers and Kromacs.

Any of the starter sets is a pretty good bargain, I think Tanith looks really good, but I don't play circle so take that with a grain of salt.

>pay 18 for a heavy that either trades and loses my access to primal or just sits back and supports

>or just pay 7 for a support light

Seven

Sits back and supports and then deals damage when you need it is better than sits back and supports and does nothing else light.
Check the texas tournament lists - not a gorax in sight

Ferals are great but you end up accidentally getting like two over you Circle career so I don't know if they count as must buys

Accidentally getting them? I know you got one you don't need in the battlebox, but where would you get the second one accidentally?

K. Back to posting on Veeky Forums after 2 years if absence.

Here's my list for my first MKIII Steamroller.

How badly am I going to get steamrolled?
War Room Army

Legion of Everblight - Rhyas, Backswing into it

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Armory - Steamroller Objective

Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight - WB: +30
- Succubus - PC: 4
- Nephilim Protector - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Zuriel - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Angelius - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)

The Forsaken - PC: 4
Strider Deathstalker - PC: 4
Strider Deathstalker - PC: 4
Spell Martyr - PC: 1
The Forsaken - PC: 4

Blighted Nyss Raptors - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18
Blighted Nyss Swordsmen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Blighted Nyss Swordsmen Abbot & Champion - Abbot & Champion: 6

---

I legit don't care for once if I lose. I just want to make sure my logic is solid.

Probably from the MK3 battlebox.

Shooting lists will eat you alive. Other than that you should be fine. Swordsmen and Raptors will do really well in MK3, assuming of course the former don't get looked at sternly by a guy with a gun.

Have Infernals said anything about WSC and Goreshade1 or Witch Coven?

Why? Attachments for warcaster units just work like for any other warcaster.

Prime says that they can have attached solos, doesn't mention units at all. Same with the Coven's own rule.

Huh. Well that is more of a clarification than a distinct rule. The Warcaster rules say that Warcasters can have an attachment and the Warcaster unit rules state nothing to the contrary.

I'd say it doesn't change anything, it's just shoddily written.

The only thing I've seen that works still is Zaadesh's Tag Team, which says another model in the battlegroup has to have the enemy model in it's melee range, not for it to be engaged like everything else.

>textuploader com / 5wm4h
> still the old pasty

... wtf wmh general wtf.

>oh you play circle? Want my old super fucking ugly metal feral? Thanks

I have three in total

Metal one, plastic one (love it), extreme one (it was half off)

The Mk3 battlebox is good, and includes a top-tier caster.

The Mk2 battlebox is good, but it includes a trash-tier caster, but you may be able to find it on clearance, so pick one up if you see it.

You'll want shifting stones and the stone keeper. You want a Warpwolf Stalker. You probably want a Druid Wilder. You want a Blackclad Wayfarer. You probably want two. You want a pair of Gallows Groves (which is handy, as their blister includes two).

Beyond Tanith, you want Krueger2 ("Krueger the Stormlord"), probably Kromac2 ("Kromac, Champion of the Wurm"). If you get Kromac2, you *definitely* want Ghetorix. You probably want Ghetorix anyway. Morvahna2 ("Morvahna the Dawnshadow") is still quite good, regardless of whining about her, but she wants a lot of infantry to thrive, and they're more expensive than beasts, so she's probably not the best to start with -- Tanith does love some Reeves of Orboros, but they're not the kind that Morvahna2 really wants to work with anyway.

Zuriel isn't worth it after what they did to him.

Just go with a standard heavy.

Thought I was in the adeva thread for a second there.

Metalic worked well for me.

Shop is doing a journeyman league for Mk3, I ain't entering because I really don't want to buy the Skorne battlebox but I told them I'll give people games using the Mk2 box which funnily enough comes out at 0 points too. We're most likely going to ignore retarded shit in Mk3 for a while. Like today I went to charge a knocked down beast with my caster and was kindly reminded that I'd fail that charge. Like seriously just fuck off.

They've already said charge is being changed to end in melee range instead of end engaged ofr the movement

That one was ruled as wrong a couple of days ago so whoever said it and eat shit, though gang/flank bullshit is still there (not defending PiP and their "we swear we didn't fuck up" backpeddling though)

>he doesn't understand the concept of reserve heavy

>though gang/flank bullshit is still there (not defending PiP and their "we swear we didn't fuck up" backpeddling though)
You didn't think that half a point discount to bloody bradigan was free, did you?

Lol well what's the alternative?

I never felt like Legion had much shooting denial that shooting factions couldn't trivially circumvent.

I'd like to try him out as an assassination threat more than anything, otherwise I'd switch em out for Scyther or Ravagore.

So, trying to plan out a Malekus list, this is my current (pre-Revelator) iteration.

Not sure if I should drop the Idrian boat for 2x Knights Exemplar. Still pondering the Ignite target for the list, but I like (and have) everything except the Idrians.

Any full copies of prime and primal about?

DC?

Doug Seacat.

Guy who designed Convergence, and likely one of their best designers.

He stopped designing rules? What the fuck.

Uh, DC and Doug Seacat are different people.

Coming from a MtG background, the rules for Warmahordes seem like a complete clusterfuck. Today we spent about 10 minutes trying to find where in the book it said what collateral damage was. Like, there's about 10 different references to collateral, but instead of actually saying 2d6+STR in brackets or something, it just leaves you in the dark unless you find that only small reference on the correct page.

This. David carl is DC

Stop skimming. Actually read the entire rule where relevant.

David Carl. Normal dude. Guy knows his shit.

Unlike Jason Soles. Black trenchcoat type. Who doesn't know his shit.

At the time we were trying to figure out how to do damage for a throw and all we could find was references to collateral damage. And before you ask, no, collateral damage is not listed in the index.

I was about to say.

Well I liked Seacat's lore work back in the day. Are his novels any good?

I've only read Blood of Kings by him. It was pretty good, especially for WM fluff. Correia (Into the Storm) is better for WM fluff though, I find.

It's listed under "Damage, Collateral".
Everything relevant is listed in the Index.

I liked both, the Malcontents series really surprised me.

>the rules for Warmahordes seem like a complete clusterfuck

I was just thinking to myself "They're actually pretty good, with the exception of throws and related stuff", and then

>Today we spent about 10 minutes trying to find where in the book it said what collateral damage was.

Yep.

Ignoring the current "engaged vs. in melee range" bullshit, collateral damage is the worst part of the rules set.

Oh silly me, I was looking for collateral damage, not damage collateral. I FEEL LIKE SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT.

I mean, it's the second place I'd look.

Yeah, who would've thought that putting all damage references in one place would be so confusing.

Who needs glasses when you have hindsight?

Why would you bother with a spell martyr over a shepherd? Rhyas doesn't really have anything worth arcing through a martyr.

>designed Convergence
>one of their best designers.
You, uh, have LOOKED at the vectors, right? With your eyes?

... Good point. I still keep thinking Shepherds are 2.

He meant ruleswise

Also fuck you vectors look cool

Now I know you're full a shit since it refers you to the page with colateral damage.

How do you guys think a Khador Semi-Gunline would work in Mk3? This is what I'm thinking so far

Irusk2
*Behemoth
*Rager
*War Dog

Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan
WG Rifle Corps
WG Mortar Crew
WG Mortar Crew
WG Field Gun
WG Field Gun
Iron Fang Pikemen

My meta only really ever plays 50pt games so. Opinions most welcome

less artillery, more rocketeers. You also want to expand the pikemen with UA and such so they can hold in the front more.

Didn't realise WGRC could take rocketeers! that makes a huge difference in my thought for this list now

Mine got enough to cover all preorders but 1, and had 2 faction decks per faction and an extra ret battlebox.

What would your dream Karchev list be? My friend wants to play against him (skorne player) and I have no idea what to play with him. Have just about everything khador can take, including most mercs

Karchev and 15 Mad Dogs.

Karchev
- Beast09
- Ruin
- Juggernaut
- Juggernaut
- Grolar
- Beserker
Max Mechanics
Widowmaker Scouts

Maybe something like
Karchev
Behemoth
2x Jugger
Kodiak
Widowmakers
Marksman
Min Kossites
Max Mechanics
2x Eliminators
Hutchuk
Ragman

Dude my Irusk2 list is behemoth, ruin, a unit of black dragons, a unit of assault commandos, and a unit of rifle corps with Joe and 2 rocketeers. It's fucking brutal.