Infinity General: Lethal ASSassin Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli where I make butt puns in the thread title because I have no taste or standards.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>New Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity 1st edition Rulebook.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity - Corvus Belli S.L.L. - Human Sphere.pdf

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/disney-infinity-discontinued-developer-shuttered-w/1100-6439677/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, Operation Red Veil > Operation Icestorm?

I'd say so, but they could have spent a bit more time on the name.

>it's called red veil
>because there's a guy with a red veil in it

Yes, because Pan0 and Gonads are both shit factions.

It's like a natural evolution of O:I

I really hope it helps ivigorate Haqqq and Yu Jing the same way it did Nomads and PanO

I like the name red veil. It manages to be evocative of both factions and violence all at the same time.

I think Haqq wins though lol.

>evocative of both factions and violence
it should be called fried kebab

Alright, I am getting into this game. How are the Onxy Contact Force as an army?

I thought their models looked pretty dope. How do they play compared to other forces?

Thanks for any help.

>be low rank but efficient Agent
>love blooms on the black ops
>tfw your Ninja gf doesn't exist officially
>tfw you can only mention her job at all on scummy Arachne boards
>tfw you have to go to state dinners and pretend to be an eccentric bachelor who somehow neither has an interest in painted whores nor a family-making wife
>tfw you cannot be a model servant of the Emperor in public and a virtuous man in private
>that fucking ass though

Highly mobile attack units supported by big guns. Good link team options. Misses out on a lot of good CA units though. If you want to start with Onyx, I'd recommend the CA starter pack.

Yes, and considering it'll be the same price as the Onyx Contact force (same number of figures) getting it from GameNerdz with free shipping at $70 is going to be awesome. I'll need to pick up the new Naffatun as well. Finally get to start Al Medinat despite the lack of Sectorial rules.

There was still rumours of Al Medinat getting a super fast (6-4) bio tech troop and getting a huge "gorilla/Ajax sized" HI. Which seems like CB decided to finally I something with the kind of bland and somewhat useless Ahl Fassed. I'm pleased with that. Hoping for more bio tech troops as well. If not some more troops with the best tech Haqq/Al Medinat has to offer.

Regen LI with MSV 1 and Biometric L2 Visor would be cool. Along with a madTrap profile.

Anyone else loving that new Khawarij?

Just get the Onyx Army pack, it has shit you'd buy anyway and at a discount.

CA Starter is in the Onyx box...

Next miniature market sale when?

September
Seems to be a quarterly thing.

It's all about the Gamenerdz m8.

Gamenerdz is for stuff I need
Miniature market sales are for things I didn't know I needed.

Zhayedan looks majorly badass. I'm glad, the basic Breaker Rifle profile's pretty good.

The pain is real.

Awesome.

Unidrons are amazing line troopers, FO, dogged and plasma is awesome for 15 points.

Nexus hacker Lt every time.

Double Noctifiers every time.

Dr Worm is great, and they have really solid TAGs.

I love Onyx.

Second this.

Don't forget to mention that they're also remotes and can but buffed with hacking programs. Multiple states of unconscious also gives you more chances to dogged.

be*

Is that another Boarding Shotgun Tiger Soldier?

Nope. It's a hacker with a combi.

I can't get a good view underneath to see the magazine or the barrels, but I am telling you it looks a lot like the BS.

There are multiple pictures and even an article on Corvus Belli's website that says it's a Combi Hacker.

It looks a lot like the BSG because YJ combi rifles multi rifles and boarding shotguns look very similar from above.

That video literally was just posted lol.

Glad I finally get the Combi Rifle+ LFT profile. Now I'll have all the new Tigers.

The nice thing about Red Veil is that they both display the strengths of their faction. Yu Jing has two HI, one of their solid MI, and a SK. Haqq having it's stronger LI presence with the Khawarij and Zhayedan along with their excellent SK the Tuareg.

They both seem to be balanced as CB said. Though I think the Haqq player is going to have a bit higher of a learning curve with properly using the Khawarij.

If that Al Fasid does get Mech Deployment with Mines and that heavy duty HMG+LGL... [heavy breathing]

Mech deploy grenade launcher is awesome.

Ironic that it is a fantastic way to remove kebab.

Man, now I will have 3 Tigers lol.

It's not mech deploy.
It's Hmg+LGL (with normal and smoke)
Heavy pistol
Mines and minelayer skill.

Unambiguously. No model as low-use as the Grenzer sniper. Non shit female poses. Sword dude has at least also packed his gun. Greater differentiation of factions. Heavy weapons that are not sniper rifles.

And hell, Icestorm was still a great deal.

Christ, that's a lot of versatility. Is this fucker secretly a megazord made out of Muyibs or something?

Where's those Al Fasid spoilers coming from?
Smoke LGL & Minelayer is a massive toolbox on an HMG HI!

It's worth bearing in mind what you trade for that. Vanilla CA and Morats can more or less ignore the loss of Lt rule. Onyx don't, and the wave of remotes means your opponent knows who to hunt. You get some amazing elites, but miss out on some useful midprice filler units. No smoke game of any sort and a tendency to be very reliant on your core link team.

All the positives mentioned very much apply. Vanilla CA is all-round. Onyx are lesso

Yeah, I don't know where you are getting your info from. It would have specifically stated on the Dossier if it was a Smoke LGL. Considering there is no Visor in the force at all, that would not be the smartest thing to do when the opposing side was given a Hsien.

Some people were able to watch the Beast of War videos where they talked about his new profile before they were fixed to be private. He also apparently has Veteran Lvl 1.

The spoilers are from the bow videos.
They are 100% accurate.
Also, yes, a megazord of muyibs is a fitting description.

Man, I'm guessing 60-70 points for all that?

Glad he is so differentiated from Azrail.

I'm guessing more like 50 points 2-3 swc
If it were that much, it would be comparable to the YanHuo

Also, don't forget, silhouette 5 is generally a disadvantage.

Azrail is 40, and this guy has way more special rules and I'm guessing better stats.

~55 seems reasonable.

Am I the only one super pleased that Disney Infinity is going bye-bye?

Gone will be the days when 90% of the Google search results for "Infinity the Game" are Disney Infinity.

Dammit, forgot my link

gamespot.com/articles/disney-infinity-discontinued-developer-shuttered-w/1100-6439677/

Such glorious new models. Hnnngghhh. Can't wait.

I love the new design for Yu Jing. It definitely grew on me, despite really enjoying old school Yu Jing.

I've been trying to make lists that include all 3. It's hard :(

Not soon enough if you ask me, it will still be some time before my search results stop being polluted with that garbage

I've been tempted to sell my JSA up til the new ninja leaked.
Now I want to sell my Ariadna, which I said I'd never do, and just buy all the pretty YJ stuff I don't have yet...

I own all of that second row, haven't bought anything on the top row yet due to a lack of interest in my gaming area and money being tight. Was considering selling my small Ariadna force along with my Nomads. Just stick to Haqq, Tohaa, Yu Jing, and maybe... maybe CA or Nomads. Nomads being easier to sell since I love my MAF and other evil aliens.

My JSA needs those new Domaru... Ugh.

What all do you have for JSA?

Agreed. That shit irritates me.

Old Domaru, a single new Domaru (don't like them enough to get them all), Kempeis, Aragotos, Asuka, O-Yoroi, Yuriko Oda, Oniwaban, Shinobu, Tokusetsu, Karakuri, Saito Togan, Mushashi Miyamoto, Yojimbo

I'm still kind of tempted to sell up due to the lack of decent Keisotsu models, but the knowledge of an imminent Ninja and that new Mushashi model are making me not want to. I'm tempted to shift the Aragotos, Oniwabans, TAG and mercs in favour of vanilla, though. I've got a Guijia, the two Tiger Soldiers, and both newer Hac Taos; I'll probably end up getting Red Veil and the ISS starter at some point.

I'm kind of in the same boat; there's only really one person I play against in my area, and he's lost interest recently. It's annoying as shit because he plays Haqqislam so this new starter pack is perfect for a split.

Fucking great line

Don't sell anything, buy more.

Problem solved.

Any anons play in NE area, specifically CT? Was going to get into the game and saw there was an escalation league starting up but wanted to know what the popularity was like.

Awh man, that's upsetting show him the models and turn him back.

You've got a fair amount of JSA there. Just imagine when they get redone with how nice the CG and Zhanshi are.

>2019
>Keisotsu finally get reconsidered for a new sculpt
>Britain no longer in EU, hammered by crippling import taxes
No thanks :(

I got you senpai. I'll send you two packs.

Hnnghh. I want my new Yu Jing.

Look, I've already been struggling with starting a YJ force, you're not helping me here.
Curse my love for heavy infantry.

The Al'Fasid is also really damn cool.

Come to the heavy side, senpai.

Do it. For the glorry of Dju Ching!

In light of the new releases I've got a curious question here.
We have a whole bunch of JSA guys here, but not a single YJ as such, but with all the gorgeous new shit and those starters I am really tempted to get into the faction. How does YJ play by itself? I mean, I know about them being supposed to be powerarmor central, but other factions can do that just as well, i.e. the PanO deluge of knights.

I've mostly played against ISS, but in general I think YJ is a pretty flexible army. Given how good and varied their HI are, the lists I've seen tend to focus on a small core of HI backed up by lots of kuang shi and other LI. So while you can do the deluge of HI, usually I think YJ is going more for an elite HI strike team as the heart of their force. What that elite HI team looks like is up to you. Agents, Shang Ji, Yan Huo, Domaru Butai, Wu Ming, Shikami, Daofei, HacTao... you can tailor that HI nugget really any way you want, from elite generalist HI to sneaky TO camo guys, to cheap HI (for HI) spam, anything in between.

Super flexible, with great HI and warbands.

Kuang Shi plus Shaolin make a great core of the force, with specialized HI being your heavy lifters.

I personally never liked the old aesthetic much. But this new one is exactly what YJ is meant to be. Sleek, high tech, more than just the sum of it's technology. Elegant, but lethal. And the new colour scheme is just awesome. Better than that old green on the Zhanshis were.

PanO isn't exactly the counterargument to YJ being the HI faction. PanO is also a HI heavy faction. YJ gets a bit of everything. More so than PanO, in some respects. Lots of high tech stuff, a generally aggressive mindset, and just the right amount of sneaky shit, including some very rare HI + gear combinations.

Man, I feel shipped with red veil. It's amazing for new players but it offers me fuck all as a Hassassin bahram player

Bahram should be seeing a starter and resculpts within the next year.
Cb will need to start laying the groundwork for Khanate and caliphate (this is a good start for the latter)

Fuck all is better than one or two models you can't live without I think.

>Bahram should be seeing a starter and resculpts within the next year.

That's good news. I actually don't think most of the Bahram stuff looks too bad. Ragiks need an update and I want Farzans that look more distinct from Fidays but overall I'm pretty happy with their sculpts. Muyibs are some of my favorite minis in the game.

Since zhayedan are caliphate, i just cant wait to link them in the future, screw resculpts, give us acheron falls already

What is the rule for fielding Military Orders?

their like a 16 year old girl relationship status on facebook
> complicated

nice dubs

>Magister Knights link team
>Rush into the enemy position
>ignore objectives
>Scream "DEUS VULT" as high as you can while tearing your opponent appart
>Then go back home crying because a sneaky little TO skirmisher made all the objectives and you lost
>Post in the forums how unbalanced the game is

Is it just me does Martial Arts level 2 kind of suck? As long as its a fact to face roll, using level 1 instead almost always seem better.

Playing a sectorial by itself means you will get left out every so often.

Ragiks just got updated.

I don't think HB needs any resculpts other than Asawira, though another Farzan would be nice.

They do need the Ayyar soon though!

Have you checked out the official army builder?

Select Pano>Military Orders

MO's awesome IMO, lots of great choices.

I've really been enjoying the FK duo lately.

Yup, but its not always a ftf roll.

More options are never worse, and MA2 doesn't seem to cost much.

Don't I know it.

>"Vedic ALEPH will get new models and a proper sectorial after we've finished with the Paradiso stuff!"
>"Vedic ALEPH will get new models and a proper sectorial in the next edition!"
>"Actually, they'll get them in HSN3!"
>"Aaaaactually, it'll be Acheron Falls."

Fuck you Bostria stop tugging off those Homeric homos where's my fucking Deva links and Karna recreation?

>Fuck you Bostria stop tugging off those Homeric homos where's my fucking Deva links and Karna recreation?
It's siesta time, please call back later.

I wish we still had that really great drawfag so I could request an angry Asura throwing a bunch of slumbering Greeks out of a window.

>I don't think HB needs any resculpts other than Asawira, though another Farzan would be nice.
Sure they do. Daylami could use new minis, and Barid could use a scale up. I don't mind the current Barid, but he's definitely too small to fit with the rest of the newer line. And other course the old Ragiks who are already getting new miniatures. Also as nice as the Muyibs are, they're crap compared to the Govads miniature. Then like you said: new Asawira and extra Farzans would be nice

And personally, I'd like a new fem Fiday. As iconic as she is, I've never liked the miniature.

I'll be using the zhayedan as an extra Govad or lasiq profile. I more excited about the new spec-ops and the possibility that she will be included in hb

It's good against people or objects that can't defend themselves. But yes, in actual combat it's incredibly shitty.

I want people to suffer bad models if they want to spam daylami, it is a just punishment.

I really like the Muyibs though. They are very tacticool. Even more so than other models. I guess if they redid them but had them keep the same look but, they are still pretty nice models.

Same with the Asawira. I like how they look but if they just took the same design and upscaled it a bit, they would be golden. I do like the idea of them being "light" heavy infantry and their armor being smaller than the rest.

Out of everything in Haq, I kind of want Djanbazan resculpts the most right now,

Well, I don't use daylami because they're minis are ugly.

I agree with you, but even still the Muyibs are looking tired. The ninjas look cool and yet CB improved on it while keeping the general look/style. Something like that for the Muyibs would be ace. For me they're too round and soft looking. They need more operator gubbins to go with their kitted out profiles.

>Djanbazan
Completely agree. I one in everyone of my vanilla lists sometimes more in QK. Would love new Djanbazan.

What are people's thoughts on Caledonia?

Wallace? Which Haris? How many wolves?

I do feel like, out of every other faction, Haqqislam has the least amount of fugly models left. Even most of our older stuff that hasn't been resculpted looks decent.

Yu Jing and Ariadna still have a ton of shit that needs an update.

Wallace should be in most CHA lists. Both haris links are good, depends on what you want from it. Wulvers are close range assault dudes, Mormaers are HMG platforms that can bring smoke. 2 wolves is usually best, but 1 is fine if you want the points for something else and you can go with 3 if you're happy to spend 70 points on dog-shaped cruise missiles.

>a ton of shit that needs an update
Right, still didn't stop CB from remaking, Highlanders, Achilles, etc etc. Even the old Hac Tao HMG was just a little over a year old iirc before getting a new mini. Hell, maybe the Foxytrot will be a reboot seeing how awful she is even after Angel's paintjob.

I'm not saying which needs more attention over the other. Just that I'm not content with some of the current Hassassin Bahram line. What's most likely next are more Caliphate models in prep for the new sectorial.

It'll be Kazaks for Ariadna.

>Haqqislam has the least amount of fugly models left
Shit, I like some of them over the vanilla Aleph stuff like the starter Dakinis, Deva, and even the starter Asura, which always seems to be packed with a fucked up face. Even still, Hassassins could use some love.

I am not saying Haq shouldn't get more resculpts. I would love to. I just think they're better looking as a whole than any of the other factions except maybe Tohaa but they don't count.

I am pretty excited for the idea of Kazaks getting some updates. They are in real need of it and I like them a lot. Hoping the rumors of them being the next sectoral is true. Though it does seem weird that space France seems to be getting pushed back.

Kazaks are next because they probably wont require a complete rules/playstyle overhaul like they're planning with Space France.

Depends when we get next sectorials. MRRF is due the Acheron falls because then we get reinforcement rules which will become their thing. If we get new sectorials before that, then we get Kazaks.

So the new starter has a selection Caliphate units in it. I imagine the we'll see a special weapons/profile box for the Zhayedan and more standard Zhayedan in the Cali starter.

What are the reinforcement rules?

>I am pretty excited for the idea of Kazaks getting some updates.
How about CB actually do USArdinia justice first?

What'so bad about the current Daylami?

Bostria already confirmed on Mayacast that the Kazaks, Tunguska, and SEF are next for Campaign Paradiso N3. Also instead of 2 sectorials, CB will be doing 1 per faction to mitigate delays

This please. Still an unplayable army for me, because most of what I want to play dont even have miniatures.