Splitting BCH out from a Bitcoin Core wallet

Has anyone ever split their BCH out from a core btc wallet?

I assume this belongs on Veeky Forums because this is crypto central. I can fuck off to /g/ if this doesn't belong here, just let me know.

So I'm using Electron Cash and importing my old master private key from my old Bitcoin Core wallet, but it's reading a 0 balance of BCH. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.

What I'm doing: 1) Loading up Electron Cash 2) Creating a new wallet 3) Click "standard wallet" then "next" 4) Click "Use public or private keys" 5) Paste my xprv master private key from Bitcoin Core 6) Proceed to see 0 BCH balance.

Am I hacked? Help.

Other urls found in this thread:

electrum.org/bcc2.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have you checked on the block explorer that you actually have BCH?

Im having trouble importing private keys from electrum to electroncash

What version electrum are you coming from? Was it 2fa?

Okay I guess OP doesnt want his BCH after all.

I solved your same problem by using the latest version of electron.

Sorry, I got an unexpected important phone call. I appreciate the help, I really do.

It's the latest version of Electron Cash, not Electrum. Does Electrum even support BCH yet?

No - what's the trusted BCH block explorer? How would I even do that?

Oh, sorry, I misread. I'm not coming from Electrum. I'm coming from a Bitcoin Core wallet which was password-protected (but this shouldn't be germane since I pasted th actual master private key into EC).

doesn't matter if it's 'trusted' it literally just looks at your balance silly.

It's still there. So my shit isn't stolen. The only question is: why the fuck won't Electron Cash see it?

it's 2.9.4 like someone suggested?

electrum made a guide how to safely transfer the btcash from their bitcoin wallet, I expect its the same for Bitcoin Core wallet

Yes.

I'm following it. Maybe I need to sweep all these address keys as well. It's weird because there are a metric fuckton of them even though this wallet only ever made like four transactions.

OK apparently I need to sweep. It sees it now. Gonna try this.

Recommendation on how to redeem Bitcoin Cash
============================================
electrum.org/bcc2.txt

tell me how it went I need to do this in the near future as well

after the fork how do you know if your BTC became BCH or not? i supposedly have .039979 BTC that i bought back in june befor the fork, i never touched it since then its been sitting in my bitcoin core wallet, now I can finish even updating the blockchain because my computer ran out of memory and i cant access those funds untill the blockchain updates..i tried sweeping it into electrum but now im wondering if maybe it turned into BCH

a fork duplicates your coins. if you had btc before the fork, you now have an equal amount of both.

there isnt some scenario where this would have failed somehow, its how a fork works

K so it SEEMS to be working.

Steps:

I imported the Master Private Key (xprv) from Bitcoin Core when I created the wallet (instead of generating a new privkey or using a seed phrase).

Once in, I clicked "wallet" then "private keys" then "sweep".

Then I pasted in every key from my "dumpwallet" file (the same file that had my xprv master private key) which was associated with an address where I had received Bitcoin in my old wallet. I had already consolidated my shit before Aug 1st so I only had like 2-3 of them so it wasn't too much of a pain.

Now I'm sitting here with an unconfirmed transaction for all my BCH. We'll see if it actually goes through, I guess. Hopefully I didn't fuck up.

If you had it before Aug 1st you have coins on both chains.

what unconfirmed transaction? your coins should be there, not in a transaction

damn so now i have twice the coins that i cant access fuckkkk...i didnt even know thats how the fork went down

if you have the master keys you can use the electrum and electron cash wallets like OP. electrum servers index the blockchain for you so your computer doesn't run out of memory trying to download the entire thing

you also have bitcoin gold, it's a meme but worth like 300 shekels.;

Sweeping generates a transaction and consolidates all your shit into an address of your choosing.

I think.

Yeah I want to split that too but unfortunately like half the wallets for that shit are absolute scams. Electron Gold for instance - not even developed by that Fyookiball guy from Electron Cash, totally created just to harvest private keys.