The orc's name is grok

>the orc's name is grok

yes, and?

>Orcs
>Typically of lesser inteligence than most sentient races
>Uncaring about phonetic sounds, value speed and efficiency and directness above all
>Grok is good, quick name. Easy to rally when shouted.

Now make an argument against the mighty name of Grok.

It's the 'Juan' of orc names that you tell humans who can't pronounce your real name

>Orcs have their own language: orcish
>There is not a single indication that orcish has less expressive strength or diversity in its lexicon than any other major language
>Orcish uses the Dwarven alphabet
>Dwarves aren't called Grok or Mug

Is this mpreg?

you're a little girl, the fuck do you know

This thread is surprisingly full of good arguments and counter arguments.

>Player names his character "gronk"
>character is a human hillbilly
>from a civilized area
This group is a curse.

.... Sort of? He's less a male and more a hermaphroditic/asexual slug demon thing, but yeah he is vomiting up an egg so I suppose the answer is yes.

We're all little girls here, user.

>the Human's name is John Smith
>the Ent's name is Groot
>the Kobold's name is Yoshi
>the bard's name is Richard Fishpounder

Please not that grok hasn't an initial uppercase.
When the orc said "my name is grok", he isn't saying "I am named Grok, this is the word you should use to talk about me", he is saying "my name is qualified as grok".

The word "grok" refers to a concept that is not is not unlike but not like "taboo / unworthy of consideration / holy / put apart". In orc culture, "grok" is a word that is used to design someone or something that has an obvious potential for greatness and an impact on destiny (or has self-declared to be so) but hasn't yet actualized this potential.

An orc who is grok also has is name considered grok. As such, as long as he is grok, his name can't be lightly used, so as to not abuse of his fragile, unproven destiny. A grok name can only be used by people who already knew this name (parents, childhood friends, creators in the case of an object) before the declaration of Potential Greatness. Only once the orc has proven that he is worthy of the recognition he claims to deserve shall he stops being grok, and his name is not grok anymore and he can use it freely, given power by and giving power to his Destiny.

He is not saying he is named Grok, he is saying he is looking for an awesome thing to do.

maybe in your setting user but not mine.

DONGUS DA ORK

>Now make an argument against the mighty name of Grok.
Mrok is better

So, "grok" is "chosen one"?

>DB pressing 45s.
>1v1 me

Fucking DYEL

>Arcanum orcs have higher magic potential than elves, they're just too dumb

>The Elf's gender hasn't been stated
>Go back and forth between him and her
>No reaction to either

>You have to save the princess from the dragon

Fun fact: 'mrok' in polish means 'darkness'.

More "aspiring chosen one [Prophecy left blank]", but that's the idea.

grok is heinlein hippy harem wank bullshit

I'm not.

;_;

>The English have their own language: English
>There is not a single indication that English has less expressive strength or diversity in its lexicon than any other major language
>English uses the Roman alphabet
>Romans aren't called Bernard or Ronald

>Grok is very understanding.

>Using a German and a French name to illustrate your point
>Using names with two syllables
But that's wrong

>Orcs
>Actually more intelligent than other sentient races by physiology; higher neuronal density, greater cranial capacity and neural plasticity, etc.
>Orc culture disvalues formal education and overt scholarship in favor of tradition and apprenticeship, hence their reputation of being stupid
>Orcs use facade of stupidity to hide a rich magical and clerical heritage; most orc warriors would be considered melee-focused clerics or battlemages by other races. Not that they'd "stoop" to an orc's level to pay attention long enough to figure it out
>Orcish magic is both highly ritualized and free-flowing, relying on pre-battle rituals and rites of passage
>an orc's tribal scars are actually runic inlays that promote strength and vitality; orcish durability is actually magical
>pre-battle rites and chants are complex "primers," setting up spells and "storing" them for later use
>the "stupid" monosyllable names orcs tell to outsiders serve several purposes: they perpetuate the myth that orcs are stupid, uncultured dullards; they protect the orc's TRUE name from being known and used to compromise their spells; when used in battle, an orc's "outsider name" becomes a trigger for unleashing stored spells.

Grok isn't the orc's name, it's his shield, and the final syllable to bring his blood-rage spell to completion.

thats fine though

>using a German or French name to illustrate the point
>French and German both based on the Roman language
>Thinking this somehow doesn't help the argument

German isn't based on Latin you fucking moron.
The alphabet might be, but German only has tangential relations to Latin

... The whole fucking argument is about the alphabet, not the language. You fucking moron.

>French and German both based on the Roman language
I see nothing about an Alphabet here

Then look earlier. When it was pointed out that the Orc language uses the Dwarven alphabet, yet the language is different.

As for the German language? There's a good bit that comes from Latin and Greek. Sure, it's not a romance language, but it's not "tangentially" related.

There's a player in my group that does this. It's aggravating.

I'm stealing the tits outta this

Oh, that's nice. That's the good stuff.

I like it.

Saving this for future campaign ideas. 10/10

>The orc's name if Captain Jean-Pierre Phillip Francois Chevalier Benoit IV Mayor of Ugtog.
>He insists you address him by full name and title

>Ugtog
That nails it