Playing Pathfinder

>Playing Pathfinder
>First session. Three other players and a nice GM.
>Human Swordsage, Human Paladin of justice, Quarter-elf Bard, and ThatGuy.
>He brings in a rogue with big tits, a completely covering robe, and a backstabbing background where literally everyone she allied with she betrayed in some fashion.
>Meet in a tavern.webm
>Before everyone even finishes introducing themselves to each other TG reveals his character is a eighty year old vampire.
>Paladin immediately casts smite evil, bard tackles her, and my swordsage prepares to coup de grace.
>OOC he is bitching and whining about how vampires can't be evil because they're so much better than humans so eating humans is no more evil than eating deer.
>Behead the vampire and he throws a bitch fit OOC and knocks over the pitcher of ice water onto the GM's laptop.
>Kick him from the group immediately and the GM throws him out of the house.
Fucking idiots. Why do people like this exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9JBbmfw-KnM[/embed]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because you invited him.

Because you invented this story. It never actually happened, you fucking faggot.

>casts smite evil
I sense holes in this story.

I'll take things that never happened for $600

> I sense holes in this story
The fact Swordsage isn't even a thing in Pathfinder makes me equally skeptical.

I bet that the only thing that happened was that he got into an argument with someone who used this standing point on vampires.
>OOC he is bitching and whining about how vampires can't be evil because they're so much better than humans so eating humans is no more evil than eating deer.
So instead of letting this thread die, let's discuss this argument.

I'll bite.

Purely on a mechanical level, Vampires have a significant number of advantages over humans. Please note that this is the average vampire, and not the upper teir Godbeings that occasionally manifest.

Advantages:
>Heal from negative energy.
>Most have some garden variety magic.
>Dominate effects.
>Immortal.

Of course, this is compensated by downsides:
>Functionally incapable of acting directly during the day.
>Positive energy fucks your day up.
>Only one type of food source (blood).
>Due to simple biological factors, significantly fewer than prey.

But the biggest problem for a Vampire is also the easiest to overlook: information, and transference of data.

What ancient vampire is going to teach it's progeny all of its ancient and powerful secrets? After all, they might just stick a stake in you once you do. Humans also have to fear this, but for whatever reason seem to have less compunction against doing so; perhaps it is the frailty of humans that allow then to more willingly transfer data, as almost anything, on a bad day, can kill a man.

Also, fucking EVERYONE knows Vampires get wrecked in sunlight, along with other methods of keeping them at bay such as garlic and the like.

Tldr; Vampires aren't likely to surpass humans to a significant enough degree to classify a brand of morality on the back of their strength, if only because their weaknesses AND strengths prevent them from actually being mightier than their prey. Vampires are literally less than the sum of their parts.

I hate seeing this purge shit everywhere, ever since I concluded that it was one big allegory for gun control

>Mass murdering populace
>Cute, young, progressive girl leading the charge of reason against old, crotchety men who are set in their ways, highly evangelical

No, it was a shit concept that people paid money to see twice and they continued making shit movies. The first movie is garbage, how people went in for a second is hilarious.

The most recent one? Definitely. They even tried to tie it into Trump. I mean "keep america great" have these people even heard of subtlety?

The fuck are you talking about?

I always thought the purge would be a great fucking movie if, instead of being a horror movie, it were an action/comedy movie.

The story would by that, while everyone else is out purging, a bunch of guys with go out with shotguns and shit, purging the purgers, dispensing righteous justice against the wicked.

It might even make a good RPG.

Because people like you don't beat the shit out of them when you meet them.

Sure it did.

Veeky Forums, stop acting so aggressive and skeptical over tame, plausible stories. It's weird and makes you look awkward.

He says a Paladin of Justice used Smite Evil when they only get Smite Chaos, and then said a *Bard* tackles her, and then someone coup de graces.

If it is true they managed to make 3.5 worse by not following the rules.

Wouldn't that just make it into Assault on Precinct 13 without the western vibe?

Is that not the basis for 90% of the shit stories centered around 3.5/pf?

No. This movie would have an emphasis on the comedy portion of action/comedy.
The Purge, honestly, is a stupid idea, and anything using it as a setting can't take itself seriously or else it just feels weird.

Rick and Morty got ya covered.
[embed]youtube.com/watch?v=9JBbmfw-KnM[/embed]

what I want to know is where are all the pyromaniacs? the rapists? the thieves?

if all crimes are legal, where are these guys? why are banks left alone when you could get fucking rich? there is no one to stop you besides other purgers

hell, a regular purger could get shitters to come out of hiding by hitting thier house with a Molotov

Really fucking good defense systems.

If you don't have it set up around a bank, you'll lose way too much.

So you set it up, and anything that steps within 100ft gets turned into swiss cheese.

It's the only thing I can guess.