EDH/Commander general

Previous Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soilshaper-2/?cat=custom
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sir-the-catapult-is-broken-i-know-what-must-be-do/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CONTINUING TO OFFER 「 S T A N D 」NAMES

pls stop

Why? It's fun and not bothering anyone.

OK

I have never seen that card before and now I want to build him

I really want to build him. What's the best way to do it? Artifact token sac engines for boardwipe protection?

well, I finished foiling out all the aura's in my dakkon blackblade voltron.
So, should I get a promo mana drain or get expeditions for my shocks and fetches next?

Expeditions. I hate to say it, but the drains are just gonna keep going down for a while.

I think you're right. I have a wasteland, stripmine, and the filterlands so far. I really wish I didn't love how they looked.

I am looking to make a new EDH deck, with the lack few anything enticing in Eldritch Moon so far I have either one of these guys in mind.

Roon seems straightforward for the most part, I get to swing and then blink something. ETB value and so on.

Sedris seems a lot more aggressive with ETB and maybe some self mill. Also running end turn effects like Sundial.

In light of spoilers Roon seems nice with Tamiyo and meld cards since they return as their original selves while Sedris seems good with Emerge. Also Delerium is a strong possibility for Sedris.

I currently play Intet with a heavy deck manipulation focus, so basically Temur goodstuff.

>td:lr Roon or Sedris

Also for Roon I had the idea of running effects that can animate other permanents in order to blink them. Such as Tanglewire .

depends on how competitive your meta is. More casual meta may immediately hate-out Roon because he's capable some some serious bullshit.

Sedris seems more fun anyway.

Sedris is mega-fun

Fill it full of massive ETB effects or discard/looting effects and hasty fatties

>36 lands in deck with 3 rocks
>shuffle 5 separate times
>end up with 7 lands 4/5 times

I mean for playing BUG its not too bad but...

My problem with Sedris is the lack of ramp and the need for a decent amount of mana to actually get moving. which means the deck is going to have a decent amount of mana rocks which limits some of your spells since you want to be running 30=35+ creatures.

>hasty fatties
doesn't that defeat the purpose? Unless you mean he runs fatties and Sedris is the one giving haste.

Yeah that's what I meant. Haste coming from Unearth and all that

>The 1st day of the 7th month of the 2016th year in this, the Anno Domini era
>painter's servant is still banned
>sol ring is still unbanned

The day that MaRo wrestles control of the format from sheldon's soulless hands cannot come soon enough.

>MaRo wrestles control of the format from sheldon's soulless hands
Be careful what you wish for. MaRo could fuck us over even more than Sheldon.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soilshaper-2/?cat=custom

Hello Veeky Forums

I could use some suggestions for my deck for tomorrows french tournament in my LGS. Thing is, it's pretty much my first MtG tournament in 10 years and I have no idea what to expect of my opponents.

>A card that can pull of some extremely good combos is banned
>A mana rock isn't banned

I'm not disagreeing with you on sol ring though, the potential for 5 mana on turn 2 is ridiculous.

I'm about to go to my first booster draft in my city for Shadows of Imnistrad

Any cards I should look out for?

Loses to my Derevi Stax
#BadGame

Big green mana men.

Oloro good stuff,with at least 3 instawin combos

Jor Kadeen metalcraft with equipments and token makers.
Artifact ramp into Kozilek the great distortion (alternatively with Karn at the helm).

Sigarda voltron with a human tribal theme.

whelp

>White

That's the only thing keeping me from playing it. I have never ran Bant in a deck except at a prerelease where I got my ass kicked

Daretti.

Pitch/sac/durdle until I can get out Protoype Portal with some fuckhuge artifact creature Imprinted on it. Ideally Darksteel Juggernaut. Copy with Kurkesh, untap with Unwinding Clock, then go nuts

Got a decent toy for my Rafiq EDH, which could always use more card draw

we in an edh thread, boyo. bant and sultai are the kings of edh.

kinda wasted in rafiq, as you're only attacking with one creature.

But I have no bant legendaries cause I'm not a faggot

Double strike breh
You're in blue. How do you not have a bunch of draw?

It works when people attack you and you block as well.

>Kind of interested in making a Bant deck
>No legends that interest me
I refuse to build generic goodstuff and I've already built an esper blink deck with Mireke so Roon and Rubinia are out of the question.

So, here's the magic christmas land.

You cast Tamiyo, you use her +1 on two vigilant doublestrikers.

They attack, and somehow live, dealing damage 4 times and then drawing 4 cards.

They then block, dealing 4 instances of combat damage and drawing 4 cards.

And so you have draw 8 cards off your planeswalker +1.

Alternately, Derevi untaps them after they hit, no vigilance required.

Tbh I would like to to build a bant deck but I would need to buy alot of shit for it.

>mfw Angus Mackenzie is $50
Would Jenara Voltron work?

Rubinia can do a kind of interesting sac deck, doesn't have to be blink. Toss in a deadeye navigator for the steal shenanigans, then just leave the blinking thing alone.

Like, you steal, you swing, you sac. It's pretty fun, if a little clunky. Bant also has decent reanimator chops with Sun titan, reveillark, karmic guide, so you can profitably reuse your own creatures too.

Or have doubling season out and win.

user

We can go deeper

Yeah, Bant is fucked in terms of fun legends. Most three colors have fuck all options.

Jenara voltron is on the watch list in french EDH, it's pretty good.

I like Jenara counters. You go the super friends route with doubling season, proliferate, anything that abuses counters like that so that you're planeswalkers get stronk and your commander gets more counters.

She's also the right colors for enchantress.

>that new 4-drop tree that pings for 27 damage
>the knowledge that fucking everyone will be playing it in their black goodstuff / reanimator / control decks
>the fact that despite being easier to disrupt than Sorin, it's also much cheaper, easier to tutor out and to recur
>the realization that despite all these things, the card still isn't overpowered, just annoying, it obviously won't get banned and I'm going to be seeing that shit everywhere for the foreseeable future
I'm already mad and I won't stop being mad.

>A 4 mana Omniscience that can't be removed with an Ancestral Recall attached

What a time to be alive

DRAW 12.

CLONE THE ENCHANTMENT DRAW 16

OTHER BULLSHIT, GO MAD WITH POWER

It's actually far more degenerate than Sorin or Magister because you can get the tree's tougness down to 1 (two million ways to do this in black) then pretty much kill a player on the spot, provided you can deal any damage at all.

Imagine

It has more combo potential than those but it's a huge stretch to call it more degenerate. The issue with Magister and Sorin is that short of a counterspell or stifle effects, you usually have to just take it. The tree gives you a much larger window to interact with it.

But they're more expensive to cast and Magister Sphinx at the very least is Esper colored so you don't see it as frequently. The tree is a 4-drop that we'll see absolutely everywhere.

That should not be a Bant card

riffle/mash shuffle better

For a 99 card deck you need to mash about 10-11 times before you start being sufficiently randomized

Sure it should user. See right there, it's got Exalted.

>having a deck that loses by being set to 13 life

The reason sorin and perdition will never be banned is because nobody really cares except tryhard spergs and "muh 40 life spirit of the edh"

Extra combat phases are a Bant thing, we just let red borrow them once in a while.

This is a really powerful and flexible walker. 10/10

>I can't even understand the concept of life as a resource and I act like I'm MLG pro in /edhg/
Thanks for coming, here's your complimentary (You)

Sorin is a finisher card you play after you've already established enough of a board presence to take out a player. You don't just shit it out on turn 5.

I've done this. I had to take it apart because it was bullshit. I used shit like Pod, Staff of Transmutation, Evolutionary Leap, and shit like that.

How do you compensate for an entire playgroup's lack of reactivity without seeming like the asshole running a deck only of answers?

People hate when you wrath the board, again. Or keep murdering their general over and over after they played 8 mana for him and passed turn.

I don't even want to run 5 Graveyard hate, buttloads of spot removal, 3-5 Wraths for multiple permanent types, etc. I just have to in order to not have the entire table due to one guy.

It sounds fun. How mean could it have been?

Sadly this is true. I run a crap ton of mana artifacts and rituals and still need mana. Though Sedris is cool for being the one legitimate use of Worldgorger Dragon, and I've found a lot of cool stuff building him.

I play suicide black though. I definitely understand life as a resource. But 10 life is 9 cards off of necropotence. 13 is 12 cards off of necropotence,

Either will likely find you a tutor for an out or life gain.

Run a deck of answers, but only use them if people are hurting you. They'll learn soon enough that not attacking you means they get to have more fun times with their card castles.

Play clones.dec. run a crap ton of reactive stuff, sure, but also run the clones so you can play the same game as this guy.

And 40 life is 39 cards, on top of being better protection from anything your three opponents could do that would lower your life total, which is a lot of things. We can count, you know.

The point is that each of the cards you mentioned gives a well made deck enough life to work with.

It is totally fair disruption. And if you complain about totally fair disruption, you're the type of player that is a pain to play with. The type that likes "no rush before turn 20 guys, let me assemble a tower of cards in peace"

>Staff of Transmutation
U wot m8?

It isn't hard to get Seedborn/Prophet, steal a creature, and exile it under Safe Haven every turn. It was all inside a control shell. I tucked/killed your creatures and turned them into shit like Palinchron, Deadeye, Grand Abolisher, Vesuvan, Pickles, ect

No see it's got blue in it so it's okay if it bends the color pie a little.

Nice set of retarded assumptions, have another (You). Don't hog them all though.

Progenitor Staff. Basically steal a creature, tuck it, and get one of mine.

This would be easy if the threats were easy to deal with at instant speed. Like yesterday, Karador could recurr and sac Kokusho or Sidisi without passing priority in a useful way other than counterspells. The Boros deck had swords out the ass, so if I waited until declare attack, I likely can't target due to protection. The Urill deck has hexproof, so unless I am lighthousing, instant speed Wraths are my only way to "eye for an eye".

And it isn't as though people are super great at Threat Evaluation either. People who seem to be pushing politics too hard are thought of as trying to be weasely.

Ugh. Maybe I should just only play 4 player. 5 or more is just miserable with this group.

Oh and more and more games are happening where the people who are the biggest threat end up conceding because they are bored and tired of me answering their shitand I die to the lesser threat.

I have 10 decks at this time and need to update all of them. There needs to be a broad solution. Plus, if my goal is to not seem like an ass, beating people with their own cards sounds like a bad idea.

God that flavor text makes me wistful.

If you suddenly drop from 40 to 10 or 13 and you can legitimately say you don't care, you were either very far ahead in the game, or playing a 4-way control/combo game. In the real world, not in the make-believe land of pretend Magic where you're always in control of everything, a sudden 30 points life swing is a real fucking factor.

>-7 is omniscience

i never thought i would see the day...

but im really surprised a multicolored PW to get it and not a mono blue one.

jund is just as great!

r-right?

I want to make a dredge deck with them
Apart from bazaar of baghdad, stinkwed imp, darkblast and golgari thug, wath other cards are good?
I have Bridge from below, entomb, what other cards should i use to make the deck get steady with cards in the graveyard?

Stupid me forgot the card

You can choose an enemy creature as well.

>No green
literally worthless

I can't remember the name, but that one orb thing that bins a card from a deck whenever somebody untaps something.

The classic strategy of dimir, draw many cards.

Then maybe you discard some, maybe you play some then sac em. Play cool sac outlets, of course.

You'll never regret packing strong draw, which will be of more consistent use than pure graveyard/dredge strategies.

It's the strategy I use for a similar commander, Meren. Basically no self-mill, just saccing creatures, drawing a lot of cards. I rarely have trouble have trouble getting my value off her and the deck overall is less vulnerable to graveyard hate.

>Having autism in 2016

>Playing dredge without green
Yeah I'm the aut.

Sheldon's a fucking moron, but MaRo is a different beast entirely. And we all know what they say about the devil you know.

A-at least the Shattergang Bros are cool hehehe

Painter's Servant being banned will never stop grinding my gears.

I want to build Narset

Not like take_lots_of_turns_narset.dek

I want to swing with her and cast spells that just fuck up everyone's shit, like playing enchantments that randomize everything or copy everything or destroy things randomly

gimme some spicy tech

>my Narset isn't like other Narsets xDdDDXDxDDdD

You deserve all the hate you get

yeah.

gotta love playing the commander version of Martyr's Bond.

who wouldn't wanna do that?

>i want t o make a narset special deck
>fill it with "fuck everyone's shit up enchants"

you're worse than the enchanter.

>Chaos Narset
I got spicy tech for you: Some rope and a google search for "how to hang yourself"

Oh, you.

In other news, /edhg/, could I get some feedback on my Brion deck? I wanna make boros and also not cry myself to sleep every night.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sir-the-catapult-is-broken-i-know-what-must-be-do/

I'm proud of you, Veeky Forums. Players like this are huge fags.

There are two Narset decks in my meta, so I know how cancerous that shit is, even if they're "not like the others." Every black deck gets at least 1 instant speed Edict because of Narset. I've even gone as far as running Silence in my White decks. There are very few things more satisfying than casting Silence with the attack trigger on the stack. I've even put Volcanic Fallout in RG/RW/R decks, which has the added benefit of killing Animar, too.

I spent like 160 for a zombie tribal with them, its practically a grimgrin deck but who cares. I want to feel bad but I rarely ever make new decks.

If you just don't care you could traumatize yourself, jace memory adept hmm thats all I got on self milling.

Is sway of the stars banned?

so hostile

i just want a deck that can disrupt all of the decks at my LGS which only consist of ramp, tutors, and combo wincons that costs a minimal fraction of those

how does one build a narset that ISNT "le xD maymay deck", then?

It's pretty underwhelming compared to their respective cards. I don't hate it but I'm not excited either. And I know the local tribalfag is going to be super hyped to show us his overcosted foiled out labor of love Gisa and Geralf deck and I'm going to feel bad that I came to play with Anafenza Hatebears.

>"hey guys i want to make a narset(im totally not a dickhead) deck"
>20+ replies

every time.