Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #38

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/93rxb3dN

youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You successfully performed the Fusion Dance with Chi-chi, then enjoyed a bachelorette party with Launch, finding a certain alien prince attempting to enjoy some Earth culture in the process.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPY9pQVzx9s
youtu.be/ts-l_BRdXtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tien and Launch's wedding is, in contrast to some plans Pilaf tries to make to celebrate "Mifan's beloved Crane School Master" getting hitched, relatively subdued and quiet. Trip manages to perform the ceremony for them, and the bouquet toss, after Launch quietly reminds you and your brother not to interfere this time, does seem to hit its intended target. Lapis seems to give a nervous gulp as he spots your former student with a sly, almost smug grin on her face.

They do, however, have a rather short honeymoon, as they and the rest of the Crane School opt to go on the rescue mission to Korin, Piccolo and Krillin joining them for added support and an emergency exit strategy. To your surprise, Kami also mentions that he will be leaving, but not to go with them; he is off to Namek, to learn from his people directly, and perhaps gain greater insight into the Dragon Balls, and how to potentially improve them. But before they leave, he requests that you all gather at the Lookout for a special announcement...

"I'm still just a bit worried about him going off on his own." your brother mentions. "I mean... sure, it's his ship that he's using, and with the improvements Bulma, Dr. Briefs, and I have made to it he'll be there in no time... but what if, you know, a certain redhead-obsessed demon lady stalker catches wind of this?"

Chi-chi lightly bonks Acer on the head for that. "Framing of the question aside, that is a good point."

Lapis taps two fingers to his forehead. "Hey, if the old man ends up in trouble, I'll be able to bail him out."

>A. Ask Lapis about this Instant Transmission technique thing
>B. Bring up the Fusion Dance, show it off with Chi-chi if they need a demonstration
>C. Kami will be fine, you worry too much, brobro
>D. You know... kinda have a point there, Acer
>E. Something else?

>B. Bring up the Fusion Dance, show it off with Chi-chi if they need a demonstration

Better safe than sorry.

>C. Kami will be fine, you worry too much, egghead

>Lapis seems to give a nervous gulp as he spots your former student with a sly, almost smug grin on her face.
RIP Kelee pairing
youtube.com/watch?v=CPY9pQVzx9s

Sometimes u got to play it safe.

>E. Something else?
"What about Piccolo? He is connected to you, maybe he should go to Namek as well."

>E. If a planet's guadian gets kidnapped while being entertained by another planet's guardian, can't we just call King Kai to get the Otherworld Police on their asses?

"Does this mean Konpei will be covering your duties while your away?"

I feel like we should get the heffalump a raise or something. What's the divine version of a raise?

You place your hands behind your head and look to your brother. "You do have a point, Acer. Better safe than sorry. Maybe someone should go with him."

"He'll be fine." Piccolo states. "We are the bigger concern, both here on Earth and us going to rescue Korin." he gives with at first a more pleasant tone, but then continues with a more somber one, "If anything, I believe Towa might encourage Kami to arrive on Namek."

"Why's that?" Goku questions.

"Because it would be easier to spy on him to learn information on the Dragon Balls than it would be to take him directly. And I know a couple thing Kami wishes to figure out about the Dragon Balls: additional wishes, and reviving a person more than once. Currently ours are limited to one revival per person."

...agh, damn, that would make sense. Still... "Well, if you have that Instant Transmission thing, Lapis, maybe you can start teaching us it and-"

He raises a finger and smiles. "Equivalent Exchange." he begins, spotting your surprised reaction. "I know it's a technique that will be able to help a lot of us, but the process learning it is exceptionally involved. This is something that will take a significant chunk out of our time together. Even if I could locate Planet Yardrat on my own, it would take a long time to teach it. Krillin and I only really finished learning it a day before we were revived. And we had help from King Kai. So... I figure it would be better to have it be something we exchange, help each other grow. I'll be more than happy to share it, but I'd like something to focus on while teaching it. And Krillin isn't going to be on Earth long enough to teach it either."

(cont.)

You... can't exactly fault him for that logic, if it's as hard to learn as it sounds, but you're surprised by him bringing it up on his own. You then notice Chuu Lee give him a mildly annoyed look. "Ah-hem."

"...of course, not to say this is completely my idea!" he adds with a slightly nervous laugh. "Might have had someone... prompt it a little."

"It's really the best way to learn it." your former student adds. "I figure that if it's done through Equivalent Exchange, those who learn it might have something of a breakthrough in sharing techniques."

You snap your fingers. "Then I have the perfect skill for you to learn while teaching it! The Fusion Dance!"

You spot Chi-chi blush a little with embarrassment, but nods. "It might take longer to learn than Maple and I did for others, but... well, results are nothing to laugh at."

Lapis gives an intrigued look. "Well... I'll consider it."

You give a celebratory stretch. "Perfect. Now... wait, so would Konpei be in charge again, while Kami's gone?"

"It will not be necessary." the aged Namekian's voice tells you, walking out with...

youtu.be/ts-l_BRdXtc

...Trip? She's wearing robes similar to his, complete with a cane just like Kami's. She gives a shy smile as she walks towards you, the elderly Namekian's face filled with pride. Trip bows respectfully. "I shall be taking over duties as God of the Earth."

You notice Goku seems to have this... oddly happy expression, like a kid hearing their parent just got the dream job they've always wanted. Piccolo too seems to have an approving one, nodding at her.

>A. Outfit looks good on you, Miss "Goddess of Earth"
>B. Piccolo, are you sure you don't want to head to Namek too?
>C. Are you sure you're ready, Trip?
>D. Something else?

Offer to teach him Chuu Lee's weak spots.

>A. But doesn't it get windy up on the Lookout?

>D. Something else?

"So will Popo be helping Tripitaka or going to Namek with you Kami?"

>A. Outfit looks good on you, Miss "Goddess of Earth"

Does this mean that we have to call her "Kami" now? What do we call Kami in that case?

Katas Jr!

>>A. Outfit looks good on you, Miss "Goddess of Earth"

So if we pray, our prayers go to Trip now?

...Interesting...

>Must not make lewd prayers
>Shit!

so what's the power level for your mook PTO soldiers and our martial artist from crane or turtle schools?

You smile sweetly at her. "That outfit looks good on you, Miss 'Goddess of Earth.' Ah, but... seems a bit lighter than your... usual one. Not too breezy?"

She laughs softly. "I'm fine, Maple. And thank you."

"Juuuuust don't let dad see it." Acer points out.

She laughs at that too. "I... will be able to manage, really."

"Oh, Mr. Popo! Will you be helping her, or staying with Kami? ...er, or are you 'Kami' now, Trip?"

She rubs the back of her neck. "It... is a little complicated, I admit. I will have the title of 'Kami,' just as I did 'Tripitaka,' but if you would prefer, you may still call me 'Trip.'"

"I shall stay on the Lookout to accompany her, though." Popo adds.

"And if calling me 'Kami' is too much trouble, I did rather like the name you came up with. 'Katas Jr.'" the elderly Namekian finishes. "I have long forgotten my old name, and in truth gave it up when I became the Earth's Guardian. But the world has a new one to watch over it." He smiles at Trip warmly. "And I have faith in her. I know she will be a great one."

Most people gathered nod in agreement at her, Goku giving her a prideful smile as your kids curiously walk to her. In the meantime, you approach Lapis and Chuu Lee, giving a bit of a smirk as you tell him, with her in earshot and a sly, teasing smirk on your face, "Could help you learn some of her weak points too, you know. Would be good practice."

Chuu Lee's face reddens. "Maple!"

Preparations are made for the mission to save Korin, while you decide to...

>A. Start working on learning Instant Transmission with Lapis
>B. Help others try to learn the Fusion Dance (who?)
>C. See Roshi about possibly learning the Mafuba, just in case you need it
>D. Work on the Gravity Chambers with Acer, see if you can get some new training in
>E. Ask Trip to unlock your potential
>F. Do some training with Piccolo and Goku
>G. See what Raditz has been up to, and if Vegeta and Nappa are behaving themselves
>H. Something else?

Pick three at most

(Lapis for the fusion dance and Brobro)

Make lots of lewd prayers to make her blush
(Lapis for the fusion dance and Brobro)
>D. Work on the Gravity Chambers with Acer, see if you can get some new training in

>G. See what Raditz has been up to, and if Vegeta and Nappa are behaving themselves
>B. Help others try to learn the Fusion Dance (Everyone who has someone roughly their size)

In that order. Last thing we need is 'getes and Nappa doing something stupid. Once they've been checked on, start working on the Fusion Dance. Fusion OP, get everyone learning that shit ASAP.

For fusion dance training we should attend in a water ballet class.

Or other dance classes in general.

Also did we ever collect and study the remains of Rasin and Lakasei (or Amond I thought we did?) Their little merger technique should give us some insight on how natural fusion works.

Also where would we might find a place that would have a good display of traditional fighting poses?

>A
>C
>E

Question: what would unlocking the potential of a fused being do?

A, c, e

A good question.
My guess would be that it either:
Unlocks roughly half of each fusee's potential;
Unlocks the full potential of the fused being, but with a diminished effect on the fusees when the fusion ends;
Or fully unlocks the potential of both fusees, which gives an appropriate boost to the fusion entity

Normal mook soldiers are in the range of canon Roshi to canon Raditz, Saibamen being a possibility as well. We'll see if that stays constant.

It would be hard to unlock properly for a Fusion, it would be easier to unlock both individually. On that note...

Roll me 3d20, best of five.

DC for the first one is 20.
DC for the second one is 16.
No DC for the third one.

Rolled 17, 20, 5 = 42 (3d20)

Liam is mocking me now.

Rolled 19, 3, 10 = 32 (3d20)

>Rolled 19, 3, 10 = 32 (3d20)

Hey now.

I don't like bad rolls either but you gotta keep'em.

Rolled 2, 15, 2 = 19 (3d20)

Critfail me

Rolled 15, 14, 8 = 37 (3d20)

Check em

Rolled 7, 18, 18 = 43 (3d20)

>No DC for third one
Then...why roll it at all, kato? Just say 2d20. It won't matter what we roll on the third.

>19
>20
>18

Nice

Wish tuffle luck could let us switch around the 20 and the 19...

It'd be nice to
They're the same set of rolls after all

You see, the only issue with it is

THE FACT THAT KATO KEEPS FUCKING SETTING CRIT AS THE DC FOR SHIT
DESPITE BEING TOLD OFF FOR CRIT-ONLY SUCCESS IN THE PAST

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rolled 7, 20, 19, 9, 6 = 61 (5d20)

Well well well. You have definitely gained a new skill, and you came close to another.

Potential Unlock. Speaking of which...

Maple, your Power Level has hit 1,463,200.

Level Up!

You've hit level 17.

HP: [37/37]
Ki: [30/30]
Stamina: [30/30]
Melee Attack: 30
Energy Attack: 30

You have 9 points to spend. You can decide now or at the end of the thread on how to spend them.

Instant Transmission isn't easy. And yet you came close to learning it anyway. Calm your tits, user.

This all said, writing...

Put it all in Ki and Energy with one point going to HP.

3 for HP

2 for ki

2 for Stamina

1 for Melee

1 Energy

Now we can achieve Pyrrhic victory! Huzzah!

1 for HP
4 for Ki
4 for Energy Attack

1 HP
2 Ki
2 Stamina
2 Melee
2 Energy

3 points to Ki
3 points to Energy Attack
3 points to Ki Control

1 HP
3 Ki
1 Stamina
1 Melee Attack
3 Energy Attack

We gotta check out our max now. Raio-Ten + Kaioken against Goku's SSJ.

Then see how our upgrade will effect fusion.

1 HP
3 Ki
3 Stam
2 Energy Attack

Second

Don't set crits as the dc and I won't be so angry
Easy

I still think stats should be autodistributed as the result of how we train and gain.

It's too much like rpgs where you can kill shit to level up and then just increase your engineering skill despite not spending your time engineering shit.

for your birthday you shall have four 20 DCs

That way leads to Final Fantasy 2. Then again, in that game you could punch your friends and vice versa to level up your strength and HP.

That's what monks do irl and it works pretty well

GOTCHA, PUNK!
SOLICITING OFFERS OF THE 4 20 I SEE

You begin working with Lapis on learning the Instant Transmission technique. And... well, the skill SOUNDS far more simple than it is. You hone in on a Ki signature by sensing it, and then, using your Ki, enter into a "zone" of sorts that allows you to move near instantly to the Ki signature. In the months of training you go for to learn it... you still can't actually access it yourself. Your ability to pick up on Ki signatures has improved, at least, but you can't truly teleport to them. Lapis tells you that you're picking up on this thing far quicker than he or Krillin did, at the very least.

Lapis himself, in contrast, has not only picked up Fusion, he and Yamcha have learned it perfectly, and even discovered that, by focusing on it slightly as the two are fusees touch fingers, can alter the color and style of the Fusion outfit. He's opted for a vest with a red detail, with black undershirt similar to the one you thankfully gained when fusing with Chi-chi.

During the training you spent with him, you've learned a bit about Lapis himself. He is quite laid back, but beneath his calm and slightly aloof attitude he turns out to be quite prideful in his abilities and, interestingly, is actually quite fond of nature. He admits he'd love to live in a place like Mount Paozu like you and Goku do, with the beautiful scenery and calm, refreshing atmosphere.

During talking about it, you ask of him, "You sure you're not dating Chuu Lee for her home, right?"

"It's a bonus." he gives in slightly sarcastic response, laughing. "But... a beautiful landscape is one thing. A beautiful, strong, and feisty redheaded woman who laughs at your jokes? I'd take that over any mountainside sunset." He punctuates the comment by pointing at Goku. "He knows what I'm talkin' about."

(cont.)

As an added bonus, Lapis shows off a technique he, Krillin, and Lazuli developed, and Chuu Lee managed to learn. The Meteor Combination, a powerful series of blows backed by Ki, allowing the user to attack constantly and with such ferocity that an opponent would have a difficult time breaking away from it... though it has a hard counter in the Explosive Wave. Interesting, though.

During such training, you also see Trip on the Lookout over having your hidden potential unlocked on your Birthday, Acer coming with. You gain a tremendous boost in strength, power flowing through your body, more than doubling what you were capable of before... but to your surprise, Acer's unlock brings out even more than you have. While your Power Level hits over 1.4 million... Acer's actually manages to hit above 1.5 million.

And lastly, while trying to learn Instant Transmission, you visit Roshi and tell him, making it clear that you wouldn't take "No" for an answer, "I want to learn the Mafuba."

Your dad gains a somber look on his face, quickly turning off the program he was enjoying and looking you in the eye. "...Make me one promise. You will not use it unless you absolutely have to. Even as strong as you've gotten... the risk of death if very real. And only more prominent the stronger the person you try to seal in it."

You hug him. "I promise, dad."

Roshi smiles at you. "All right. I'll teach you, kiddo." He picks up a jar... but gains a look on his face that you're all too familiar with. "...provided you can get me a hot date with a pretty young lady tonight! Maybe a pretty blonde, ooh or a bluenette."

>A. Dad. No.
>B. Fiiiiiiine
>C. You know, you probably could get a date on your own if you really tried, dad
>D. Something else?

>C. You know, you probably could get a date on your own if you really tried, dad

>D. Missing Launch already?

hey, no one calls our husband a joke and gets away with it

>D. Something else?
"How about I scry you up the perfect date, and whoever it is you to have to go out with them."

>Scry for the perfect wife and mom!

>B. Fiiiiiiine
>D. So, you want me to look into the robotics marketplace? I heard they have all sorts of exteriors, personalities and settings.

Planet Plant Needs Moms!

I'll also second this: He needs to find another immortal to settle down with.

Annin, as our mom?

Robots are immortal.

Oh please Kato this, it's too perfect not to do

Why would we want a Mom though? We are a Mom. We've moved out already, let's just get him a bunch of gold-digging sluts and bimbos with big tits and nice asses.

Think for a moment man

who would be the perfect wife for Roshi

Matchmaker Maple sets up everyone with their soul mate!

WE ARE THE LEGENDARY MATCHMAKER!

Baba.

What if Roshi's soul mate is dead

She did, but she's already been through reincarnation by now.

...well okay. Roll me 1d20, best of five. DC 16.

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Rolled 18 (1d20)

this is going toward the robo-waifu right

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Well all right then.

Writing...

Meanwhile in AcerQuest
>WE DID IT GUYS!
>SUCK ON IT SISTER 1.5 MILLION PL!
>That Yamcha/Lapis fusion looked pretty hot

>our kids can beat up your kids

>Can we please finish our Dragon of the Darkness Flame attack!
>WE GOTTA FIND [Link to Video Game Bad Guy]
>Do you guys think if Masa and Mune did the fusion dance, our sword would be stronger for the thirty minutes?

>Acer plans to outnumber our kids with more kids

>Fourth strongest after unlock potential
Fuck off goku, you cunt.
Fuck off chuu li, your gains are way too ridiculous, you aren't even a saiyan
Fuck off acer, you didn't even roll on your potential

>NOT THE STRONGEST CHARACTER AS THE MC BY A FACTOR OF FOUR, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Acer got a 20 tho

Acer can suck dragon cock, he's a bitch who died to robots

Chuu Lee's gains are insane.

I'm wondering if she's the first of us to plateau power wise. At that point were going to need to figure out unorthodox methods of breaking that stall.

was one hfil of a zenkai

>Our STUDENT is leagues stronger than us, has only not been our student for a little while
>Has only ever had one teacher, unlike us
>Is a special snowflake human with particular attunement to ki or some shit

CHUU LEE CAN LEAVE, WE ARENT EVEN MIDDLEAGED YET AND SHE'S OUTPACING US

KILL HER

>Steals our red hair
>Steals our equivalent exchange
>Probably stole our foresight gig too
Fuck this bitch, tryin to be maple 2.0
Fuck

So your saying, we should fuse with her?