Hive Queen Quest 55.3

“Damage report!” Commander Grey shouts. Devon shakes his head as he comes to from a high-G blackout. The bury shapes of the bridge slowly sharpen around him as alarms fill his hearing.

“Shield cap's been breached.” Dr. Mordey replies. “The plow layer is gone, and tanks six through twelve are reading empty. Multiple hull fractures reported and all systems are on emergency power.” There is a frightening shudder through the ship's hull like a deep, painful groan. “We're leaking canderon, the drive ring's cracked and the spine is indicating extreme internal stress.”

“Status on the power tap?” Grey says quickly. Devon watches the blood from his nose dribble out, and slowly arc backwards to the rear of the ship across the room as it splatters on a wall.

“I'm reading gravitic fluctuations across the hull. It's shaking the spine apart, and engineering is reading high levels of radiation, but it's functional for now and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.”

“Do we have sensors?”

“Flanking only. We're blind at the bow.”

“Good, get us a view of Aral and try to reestablish contact with the ground team.”

Welcome back to Hive Queen Quest!

>Archives suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Hive Queen Quest
>Twitter twitter.com/HiveQueenQuest
>Various pasta pastebin.com/u/QuestDrone
>FAQ ask.fm/QuestDrone
>Discussion page 1d4chan.org/wiki/Quest_talk:Hive_Queen_Quest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lBlVeieFqKc
youtu.be/0bjTrPutt4k?t=33s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Happy Canada Day QD!

Always right on time!

>“Status on the power tap?” Grey says quickly. Devon watches the blood from his nose dribble out, and slowly arc backwards to the rear of the ship across the room as it splatters on a wall.

Dun-dun-dun.

Answered the question there didn't it.

Do we have a plan to retrieve the ship once we've dealt with the ground crew?

Why would we want the ship? Keep in mind it's on a joint Union-Valen world so the risk is off the charts.

We might want the people ON the ship.

The people, its tech, its design, its databnks.
All those on it are very interesting idividuals and the more we know the better we get at dealing with humanity in diplomacy.

Sorry, it's just been a while. Weren't we going to abduct all these people? Stealing the ship is probably a bad idea.

Eight parasites are hatching in Michael's room. If there's an opportunity where the Union can't see, we can quickly implant and copy the contents of their brains, the most valuable thing about them.

Their skillsets.

All we have to do is make it look like lyle stole it.
Best son is best scapegoat.

Yeah, I could go for that. All we'd need to do is stuff them on Lyles ship and have him shove a parasite up their ass.

And their delicious memories user...

Oh, right, THAT'S what it was.

“Kill! Kill thing! For Queen and Hive, kill!”
The missiles scream from their racks and race through the air, their small simple minds, little more than target acquisition and guidance systems, know only hatred for the armored figure before them. They curve through the air, evading the incoming hail of weapons fire as several small missiles are launched in return in an attempt to destroy the salvo. Several of the missiles vanish in plumes of fire as they spiral around each other, seeking an opening.

Your missiles spiral, whirling through the air, evading shrapnel and anti-missile missiles as they weave and spin closer to the target. As the armored drop trooper fills their sensors' view, the batch of missiles are more alive in this single moment, than any of your clones or agents have ever been in their lives, and they detonate together.

A cloud of fire and smoke billows out from the blast, and Mauser falls through, tumbling end over end towards the surface of aral as his jets sputter and gasp as he regains control of his dive. The pod still streaking higher above continues to slow as it makes for the surface.

"Keep an eye out for that one." Lyle says as the pod arcs towards a dune not too far away.

"We can intercept." Jackob says, bouncing like a boxer in his suit. "You two heavy hitters can duke it out, me and Dillon can gang up on their crazy tinman over there." Lyle looks over briefly at Jackob for a moment.

"Those things are tough. I've fought one before. Even in a drop suit one on one they're damn hard to take on."

"Yea, that's why we have speed. Besides, we don't have much that could punch through a drop suit that easily."

Lyle looks nervously over the dune for a moment before turning back to mouser, who has recovered into an arcing dive and is rocketing towards the small mesa they stand on.

>Have Dillon and Jackob intercept the second pod together and keep it separated from Mauser
>Have them both fight with Lyle together
>Other

>>Have Dillon and Jackob intercept the second pod together and keep it separated from Mauser

>>Have Dillon and Jackob intercept the second pod together and keep it separated from Mauser

You knew this would win. I suspect why.

How comes the quantum comms upgrade statting?

We should give them some measure of close air support.

>Have Dillon and Jackob intercept the second pod together and keep it separated from Mauser

"If we can keep him busy long enough for you to to beat Mauser at least, and who knows, maybe you're not giving us enough credit." Jackob says. Lyle seems to almost ignore him, his eyes fixated on the fast approaching dot of Mauser's suit above, his blood filling with adrenaline.

"You mean if I beat him." He says.

"Getting nervous now?" Jackob says. Lyle smiles, his face plate hiding his toothy grin.

"No. I'm excited." He says, his breath heavy. "Alright. You two go then. Mauser's mine."

>Have Lyle intercept Mauser mid-air in melee.
>Open fire from the mesa as Mauser approaches
>Other (write in)

Please give me 1d100, best of 3 to intercept the falling drop pod.

Rolled 54 (1d100)

Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>Open fire from the mesa as Mauser approaches

Rolled 55 (1d100)

Welp, didn't expect that.

for mother!

>Lyle lost to a nat100 when we first met him
Aha!

Now the rubber band is on the other claw!

>>Have Lyle intercept Mauser mid-air in melee.
Way more metal.

We should start getting our human children to say "For Mother". Battlecry, Motto, a replacement for "Oh god", whatever, it'd be creepy as fuck and also really awesome.

I didn't even say for mother....

Just way more cool.

Did not expect that.

Writting!

>Open fire from the mesa as Mauser approaches

How much does Lyle love his new drop suit?

Exactly as much as we tell him to love it.

No.
Lyle is freewilled by and large. He just has a new best permanent employer who pays him in cool things.

Also with free psychiatric treatment.

No, He has a cool new mother that sends him on errands and gives him all the coolest toys.

Jackob and Dillon vanish, their armored suits hurling them through the air in a split moment as they speed after the falling drop pod.

Lyle looks up at Mauser as he approaches, and his wings spread out to their full length, coming to live with a roar that thunders across the landscape, and he leaps into the air, his suit's thermal blade unsheathing to his side.

Please roll 1d100, best of 3 for Lyle charging Mauser mid-air.

Don't be silly. He can choose actions but he can't choose his emotions or how he feels. Nobody can do that.

Except a parasite.

Rolled 62 (1d100)

Rolled 96 (1d100)

FOR MOTHER!

Rolled 91 (1d100)

For MOTHER!

Rolled 6 (1d100)

For mother!

Christ almighty it's fucking happening boyos. We should cackle maniacally in Lyle's head, mother does so love to see the good work done so well.

>not capitalizing Mother

This quest gets a metric fuckton of great rolls. not to the level of improvaizen, but still.

Commit Sudoku

I agree with this. Let's give Lyle a good mental pat of the back at least.

I fear for the other quest I am reading right now.

Remember when we got like five useless 100s because morons would keep rolling when they weren't supposed to?

Oh that thread....

Rolled 42 (1d100)

You can't stop me from having fun

To be fair, you can't use up the good rolls. The rolls are based on a time seed which means your roll won't change no matter how many previous ones there are.

>believing the dice are (semi-)random rather than based on the whims of the dice gods and RNGesus

Psuedo-random tyvm.
Also I'm already on fire.

Jackob and Dillon race along the dunes, each step of their stride kicking up sand and sending the dunes beneath them scattering with each leap.

"You still have that hand cannon?" Jackob says. Dillon pulls out his weapon from the unfolding holster embedded in his suit's thigh mid-leap.

"Yea, but sure if I can hit something at that speed though, even with this suit."

"Try." Jackob says. "Get me some high-ex. You crack the egg open, I'll scramble it."

Lyle thunders towards Mauser as fast as the wings can carry him, and the impact is enough to send shockwaves rippling through the sky as the two slam into each other like a pair of bricks. They lock with each other as they are both sent spiraling upwards and back down to the mesa. Mauser swings his weapon, the spike on his arm erupting forth and whizzing past Lyle's head an inch from his ear. His blade swings up, catching the arm as Mauser pulls the spike back and slices through a good inch of plating before he unsheathes his own blade and parries, swinging his arm in a circle and bringing it down at Lyle's head.

He blocks, and the two thermal edged vibroblades hum like tuning forks as they grate against each other, sending sparks cascading out and raining on both of their suits. There is a sudden whirling thump as Lyle's sledgehammer primes in his arm, and he pulls his fist back before firing the micro-maneuvering jets in the elbow and sending the massive clawed fist into Mauser's face with a thunderclap, and Mauser spirals away as the two rapidly close the distance to the mesa.

Jackob and Dillon look back for just a moment as the sound of thunder echoes across the horizon. The mesa behind them cracks open as dust and rock billow out as if it were split open by a mass driver. Something seems to erupt from the stone along the side of the rock formation and bounces like a stone on water, flopping along the dunes. Lyle's figure bursts from the dust above with the roar of his wings and dives after him.
cont.

>super-saiyan jedi fight

Posting battle theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=lBlVeieFqKc

I hope we packed a spare parasite or two inside Lyle's suit for Mauser.

We definitely need to give them a mental pat on the back. Let our pleasure reverberate through their minds!

Jackob and Lyle briefly watch the clouds build around the mesa before turning back to the pod as it continues to slow down to something considered a reasonable landing speed, and Jackob leaps into the air after it. Dillon sprints along the side, diving through the air has he holds out his weapon and fires a small micro-rocket. It impacts the pod, causing it to lurch to the side slightly. He fires several more, and the pod rattles with the barrage until it explodes, either from the damage or from the triggering of some internal firing pins by the inhabitant.

Inside is a man, covered in some manner of high performance armored skinsuit. His face is obscured by a combat helmet with a full armored faceplate. He looks up at Jackob as he lunges at the figure mid-fall, and his arm extends out, clasping the helmet and quickly pulling his face into his knee hard enough to dent the faceplate inwards. The figure falls back, arcing through the air, and Jackob whips his arm around, his sting whip flying out of his palm and wrapping around the figure's ankle.

Jackob whips his arm again, sending himself flipping end for end as the two spin rapidly between the whip, and he sends the man hurling into the dune below, penetrating through the other side where he carves out a shallow ditch and impacts the next dune, kicking up a cloud of sand in the process.

Jackob lands atop the dune and looks over the dust as it slowly clears.

"That was almost too easy." Dillon says.

"Yea, just like that Lee kid's shows." Jackob says jokingly. A gunshot penetrates the cloud of sand and impacts near Jackob's feet as he leaps to the side. The helmeted figure lunges out after him holding a sidearm, and Dillon lunges after, bringing his foot to the figure's face in a swift spinning kick to the head and sending the man flying back again, shattering the helmet like glass.

cont.

>As the armored drop trooper fills their sensors' view, the batch of missiles are more alive in this single moment, than any of your clones or agents have ever been in their lives, and they detonate together.
That is...that's absolutely beautiful.

Oh jesus, so much over the top ass kicking in a single thread, I can't get enough.

>Battles
You sir, are a man of fine tastes.

How about this?
youtu.be/0bjTrPutt4k?t=33s

The figure spins back as its helmet disintegrates, its tumble turning into a cartwheel as it lands on its feet clawing at the sand as he stops, and stands up, tearing the rest of the helmet from his face with a quick, angry motion as if it were made of styrofoam. He looks like a typical human man in his mid twenties, well built with a sharp and well defined jaw line. He has dark brown hair and a slightly tanned complexion and bright blue eyes held open unnaturally wide, his gaze locked to Jackob and unblinking. His left cheek, otherwise as perfect as the rest of his facial features, is covered in a massive gash from the top of his lip to the base of his ear, with a glinting artificial cheekbone catching the sunlight as discolored liquid drips down his face. It does nothing to stop his polite grin. He holds his sidearm at an angle away from the two, and holds up his palms as if surrendering, although his eyes feel almost like aimed weapons held at the ready all on their own. A cold hostility held just beneath the surface, as if held at bay only barely. His friendly smile more reminiscent of a snarling animal than a human introducing himself.

"Hello." He says. "It seems we haven't even exchanged words and you already want to kill me." Debris from the drop pod above begin falling around you, impacting with soft thuds in the dunes.

"Really?" Jackob says silently in his helmet to Dillon. "He wants to talk?"

"He's outnumbered and outgunned." Dillon says quickly. "He's trying to distract us for something. I don't like it. Keep an eye on him."

"Or we can rush him. I already gave him my own greeting, I wanted to get to the meat of the conversation."

"Wait a second. I don't know man. "Dillon says. "It feels like he's baiting us into something."

"Like what? You're over thinking this Dillon, just shoot the thing and I'll swing in from the side and cut him off."

cont.

Jackob, my son. Bring us Smith's head.

We want to dissect his brain at least in the biotank.

Something's in the drop pod debris. Or there's some sort of sneaky Valen trick up this motherfucking Smith's sleeve.

The man slowly holds out his arms, his eyes flashing to the sky for a split moment before returning to the two on the dune.

"Why, you don't even know my name." He says. "I'm Giles, Giles Smith. I am a political envoy, a representative of the Union's interests. I am sure if you two gentlemen would discuss things over, we could come to a.... amicable arrangement." His smile curls the sides of his lips and exposes a trace of his gums as a trickle of blood runs down the side of his smile.

"You tell me he's not baiting us." Dillon says.

"You tell me he's not buying time." Jackob replies. Both of them hold their weapons at the man.

>Open fire from range
>Have Jackob close into melee as Dillon covers from range
>Hold off and keep distance until he makes a move
>Other (write in)

sush little troll. Back to bed with you.
>Open fire from range.

Its a smith, it can talk while it fights. Watch out for shit in the pod tho

>>Have Jackob close into melee as Dillon covers from range

>>Open fire from range

>Debris from the drop pod above begin falling around you, impacting with soft thuds in the dunes.
Egad we're surrounded.

>eyes flashing to the sky

>>Other (write in)
Jackob, look up at the debris falling around you and how long you have till it all lands.

Get far away from the debris or destroy it.

>nobody
You are the 23rd unique IP in this thread.

>>Open fire from range

>Open fire from range.
have Dillon quickly check the pod, then help Jackob.

We can't stay where we are. The debris is falling on us. His trump card is falling on us.

He is just trying to get information for the microphone.

I change my vote to

The debris is little chunks falling at terminal velocity and not making any difference.

I'll admit, that debris seems super suspicious

>The debris is little chunks

Then why the fuck is the Smith glancing up at it surreptitiously while he's stalling?

That's no 'debris'.

If anything was falling faster than the slow bits, it would have fallen before the slow bits.

We can't give commands to Dillon. Only Jackob.

>>Other (write in)
Do

Why the hell does how fast it falls matter?

One of those things is not like the others. Something that's an active bit of support droid or something might be slowing its descent.

Unless there was something in the pod that is now slowly falling along with the debris.
We can command jackob which can tell Dillon.

>The man slowly holds out his arms, his eyes flashing to the sky for a split moment before returning to the two on the dune.
HE'S TAKING AIM FOR THE SHIPS ORBITAL STRIKE

You didn't answer the obvious question.

Why did the Smith glance up while distracting you if it wasn't Important.

Both IC and OOC. IC why would he look up like that. OOC why else would QD write that line specifically.

In which case it's firing reverse thrusters. Are we really not noticing something like that without pointing it out in the thread first?

I know, it just doesn't add up to anything like that for me. It could easily be a bluff.

These brawls feel like something out of DAtS, I approve

Obviously. I just wish there was an option to have Dillion haul his ass, but without a parasite there's no way to compel him to do so.

So fire an anti air missile straight up without taking your eyes off of the Smith. There the 'bluff' doesn't distract you.

Fire it at nothing? What are the odds of hitting something cloaked blindly?

A bluff for what purpose. Explain what advantage he gains.

Again, we have jackob who can yell our orders to Dillon.

The missiles have their own targeting systems.

And if it were cloaked, the Smith couldn't glance up at it! They don't have personal cloaking.

It's something visible with the naked cybernetic eye and recognizable to Smith.

The missiles have their own sensor systems, the missile is not blind.

Why can't we do both? Have Jackob look at the sky while Dillon shots?

>Open fire from range