Slave race

What fantasy race would make the best slaves? I'm guessing halflings.

In Dark Sun, halflings make the worst slaves next to thri-kreen. Dwarves are best slaves.

Shoggoths?

Humans.

Why would halflings make poor slaves? A bunch of comfy good hearted people who like cooking and cleaning..

Nah, some Angel wizard tried it, but 2 upitty halflings came back from vacation and lead a revolt. 0/10 would not enslave.

Hah no. Thing with halflings is if you don't keep them comfy they'll cut your throat in your sleep. And if you keep them comfy they're lazy sacks of shit that get little to nothing done in a reasonable amount of time.

Gnomes have that magic shit to fuck with you and your life.

Elves are too cunning.

Dorfs are just as bad as halflings. Worthless really.

Orks will sooner kill you, your slaves, or die trying. Nope.

Best slaves would be humans.

If I remember correctly Dark Sun's thing is defying a lot of conventions, and halflings in that setting are basically the opposite of that.

Goblins or kobolds.

Easily fixed with magic collars that compel your slave to obey or explode their head. (Or just break their free will with them)

They're both more likely to break shit than anything else. That and attract adventurers who will murderhobo the shit out of you.

you might as well make golems then mate. Golems don't get tired, don't need food or shelter, and don't sleep.

They're cannibal pygmies that'll sooner eat your face and rape your daughters than serve as willing slaves.

Depends on how advanced golems are. Most settings seems to depict them as very basic, only able to follow basic commands. Sentient slaves would be more useful

>They're both more likely to break shit than anything else.
Dragons don't really seem to have an issue with kobolds breaking their shit.

In dnd 5e? Halflings
>half as much food and water needed
>half as much space to house them
>half the materials need to clothe them and stuff
>good at domestic services like cooking and cleaning
>lucky so they won't roll nat 1s and fuck up their jobs as often
>same reach and carry capacity as a human

Plus slaves taken from the sentient races are probably more cost efficent to aquire.

They're only as good as you make them. Sentient slaves can also rally against you, grow pity for them and their lives, and bring a holy crusade against you and your ilk.

Stick to golems. Everything else has too much baggage and bad press associated with it.

Except they do, all the time. It's just passed off as comedy. That's the whole point of small size evil underlings.

This ends well.
Just ask the Elder Things.

Goblins are probably best slaves. They tend to be small guys who are used to following a pack leader who is bigger than them.

They are literally monsters whose defining traits include being comically stupid and wrecking peoples' belongings. I wouldn't want them anywhere near my property.

Yes.

Undead then

What kind of slaves are we talking here? Simple laborers? House servants? Advanced laborers?

Goblins and Kobolds are cowardly and clumsy, plus they breed quickly. They would be ideal for hard labor and would need minimal care, only enough oversight to keep them from organizing, and thanks to their low intelligence they'd be very obvious about any attempts. Also because of their fast breeding they could replenish any losses due to hazardous conditions. They'd make poor advanced laborers or servants of course.
Halflings wouldn't take well to hard labor, if treated well they'd make decent servants, but they'd be poor advanced laborers.
Dwarfs are too stubborn, they'd never fully accept slavery even as a servant, and would be super likely to rebel. Same with Orcs and Elves.
Humans would be good for all forms of slavery, although they would still be rebellion risks of course.

Undead or non sentient beings make the best slaves as a whole, although both are generally terrible at advanced labor, although the only races that would be good at it would be super likely to try to kill you with whatever you're having them make that's so fancy and expensive.

I love moeblob hobbits

Golems, warforged, undead, jinn, stuff like that.

Orcs?

Honestly the only definite, comprehensible position in a setting with Magic would be slavery rooted in decadence and ideology. Otherwise you're just accepting risk and inefficiency via error or acts of rebellion that would make actually running your society very difficult.

Skeletons, no doubt. They're like humans, but without the need for life support or risk of rebellion.

Also necromancers are usually really funny people.

Depends on the magic - if it's all energy-intensive rituals and summoning dark things from beyond then using it for minor conveniences isn't going to end well, you'd probably want servants in some form, slave or otherwise.
If it's D&D style utility magic with a low cost, go nuts

pic somewhat related

Undead require undead support though, and unlike living slaves who can produce their own necessities on top of that of their masters, undead slaves can't keep themselves going, instead requiring more effort on the part of their controllers.

Plus, unless you a necrophiliac, ubdead probably make shit sex slaves and terrible elite infantry. (Good grunts)

In Dark Sun Halflings are little psycho cannibals.

This.
Do you people even know what slaves do for a living?

That think has no right to be as cute as it is.

Argonians.
It is the entire purpose to their existence, either slaves to the hist, slaves to the Daedra or slaves to Dunmer. There is no such thing as a free Argonian.

Depends on the setting?

Dwarves.
-Con bonus
-Able to survive shity conditions with natural resistances
-Slow speed, that's not reduced by heavy loads
-Lawful society/bent
-Still medium sized
-Easily able to do either field work or house work
-Known for being industrious hard working people or Jews, both bonuses for being a slave

Orca are unruly and agressive though

Dont make me spank you

Where there's a whip there's a will, my slug.

Humans, because they get that Bonus Feat, which makes them quite versatile

She would probably take you and whip you with it, before initating snu snu.

Beta orbiters?

>fantasy race

oh shit my bad

Anyone can be a good slave once you break them. That's what happened to my orcs. After a full on waagh with a barbarian king tried to take over the continent was defeated they became slaves to pay off the war and basically became a broken people. It's like the Japanese after ww2. A proud martial empire full of national pride chills the shit out after losing

You'll have to FEED those slaves. Do you know how much the average halfling eats?

>Do you know how much the average halfling eats?

On a first or second breakfast?

>orcs making anime
I want to see this.

>oi oni-chan, wutz we gonna do on der bed

I'd say Gargoyles.

>Best slaves

Small, grumpy, need feeding every hour, lazy, intelligent and not muscular.

They're too smart to like it, too skilled to not be able to survive if they escape and too fucking scrawny to be of any good.

Depends on what kind of slaves.
Halfats make good cooks.
Orcs have green thumbs
Elves are fuckbois.

how would being a necrophiliac help them be better elite infantry?

For sex slaves.

I think too many people use lotr hobbits as their basis for what halflings are like.

Dark Sun halflings like cooking (flesh) and cleaning (bones).

Robots programmed with full range of human emotion including the need for self validation and to strive above others.

Skeletons are really brittle and gets worse with age.

Not enough, actually.

>Clothing your slaves
Good one, mate. I Kekked. Slaves wear loincloths and rags, maybe cover the female ones tits if someone important is visiting. Otherwise it's a waste since they'll wear the clothes out in a few days anyway.

Best slaves are Elves. It takes a lot to break them in, but they have crazy-long lifespans so you don't need to replace them as often when they get old and tired. And they can pick a bale of cotton with the best of 'em. Coincidentally, Elves also make great overseers due to their arrogance, and they love any excuse to feel superior to another. Just promote a couple elf slaves to Overseer and watch them lord over the other elves like they were always hot shit compared to the laborers. It's funny, really. The key to controlling elf slaves is to treat some better than others, causing resentment between them, that way they're too caught up hating each other so they won't have any energy left to plan rebellions or escapes.

You don't simply pick a race out of the blue, OP.

What's the slaves' job? Domestic? Mines?

Is their culture too barbarian? Did they came from warrior tribes?

All things being equal, go for humans. More numerous and mediocre, thus cheaper and cost-effective.