The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: Everyone is dead on Innistrad(allegedly), Emrakul becomes the first womyn to go to the moon, Avacyn did nothing wrong(Fight me), more Sorin/Nahiri arguments, old Anons are returning, Gaia is gone forever.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
Murdock continues Nahiri's proud legacy: REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will do nothing because I don't have access to it.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Okay, if I've forgotten anything, let me know.

Also Gideon towers over everyone, because...well...Gideon.

SERENA
THESE IMAGES
OPEN THEM AND TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM

The big titty angel likes appealing to ants.

Psst. Will-user.

Well, it's not like they have that much useful information on them anyway.

FUCK

I got the from the Repo, they looked fine on my PC...

I-Is this better, Sir?

Ants a cute.

Go out spraying for them in 95 degree humid as fuck weather and then say that
Ants are shit
Shiiit

yeah das fine serena

>Ants a cute.
Ant Planeswalker when?

Messenger is kinda like an ant, it does similar things.

Th-Thank you Sir, may I go back to sleep now?

"The word "myr" is derived from the Greek word for "ant" (“myrmeco-”). The etymology is a direct reference to their small size, worker-role mentality, and ubiquitous presence. There is also the connection with the Myrmidon of Greek myth. The word has transmuted through history so that the word “myrmidon” refers to “a subordinate who executes orders unquestioningly or unscrupulously”. Myr were initally concepted as gnomes, but later moved to their current incarnation. Their primary design specs were to be small colorless artifact creatures with very limited, but unique abilities."
mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Myr

>may I go back to sleep now?
Yes. The world continues to spin.

Don't die

Shoulda called it "we have no idea what inninstrad is edition".
Closer than you may think.

Can eldrazi converts travel between planes?

Unless they have sparks I'd say no, I don't see why they'd lose sparks from becoming Eldrazi though.

No one knows since there are no examples. Please dont do anything with the idea. Please no more eldrazi.

Some wounds will never heal user.

The spark blocks certain eldrazi magic because it's essentially a shield from the blind eternities.

I don't know how I managed to forget that, it was basically the basis for my flakes existence.

Jace almost inherited Emrakul's madness, so I'd say that the whole "I'mrakul am'rakul Emrakul" thing is probably still possible with planeswalkers. The physical mutation, I'm not so sure.

My understanding of Emrakul is that the corruption starts in the mind then spreads to the body.

Just out of curiosity, anons:
>name the 5 flakes that are most Good
>name the 5 flakes that are more Evil
Let's find out. And remember to read the books stories before you decide.

Selenra
Deka
Symon
Nishal
Mirabelle.

Venn
Serena
Belloski
Spider mom
Vronak

>Vronak
user, I think that was a serious question.

I don't know if I'd call Vronak one of "the most evil". He's more or less a anti-villain. He's just gotta catch 'em all.

Also, I wouldn't call Spider Mom or Serena evil either.

I dunno, it's kinda hard to round the flakes down to Good or Evil. I mean sure, you have flakes like Azof and Rakkor who stand out as pretty fucking bad news, and you got guys like Amund and Gaia with distinctly benevolent intentions, but I think that all the flakes here are pretty close to the neutral side of things either in motives or in actions to really sort them out.

>Serena
Assuming normal serena? Nope
Assuming murdock-brainwashed serena? Still nope.

>serena
>evil
I mean, she's angry a bunch, but we have a fish angrier than her all the time, what makes her evil? Is it the euthanasia over attempted salvation mentality she's adopted towards the other angels?

If serena was evil, you would see me dancing and flaunting around and since I am still not doing that...
We are still at the first step, but here is still hope for brw serena.

>Is it the euthanasia over attempted salvation mentality she's adopted towards the other angels?
It wouldn't even if she had decided that on her own instead of being manipulated into it.

I think Murdock, Serena, and Chiyo need to meet. I feel like that would be the start of a hilarious "friendship".

Damn tripname fell off.

Maybe you should keep them off so that I can eternally assume that the thread is full of retards instead of there just being a singular manbaby shitting it up

So, did anyone happen to see the new Purge last night? Or plan on seeing it this sometime soon?

Aww. user so cranky. Quick, we need to get his baba so he stops crying.

Serena is more of a joke, though her purge fetish is pushing her there and u hate designated villains.
Vronak is his own special brand.
>spider mom
>not evil
Nigga you what?

Spider mommy is the creepiest evil, abducting children to make them into spider babies is was less lighthearted then we make it look like usually.
Serena's purging hard on is a result of having her head full of murdock. It will probably change at the end, I think.

She takes children and raises them. She might not be good, but she isn't exactly evil.

Into monster spider babies to sate her distorted mothely instinct, not out of compassion. What does she do to those babies' families is an entire different thing...

As I see it, she naturally is capable of turning creatures into spider monsters. Right? She then kidnaps babies to raise as her own spider monster babies. Right? That sounds a lot like nature to me. This is her instinct. This is how she reproduces. To me, that's not exactly evil. Just a bad situation for the kids and the parents of the kidnapped kids.

Now, if she was purposely raising a spider army to massacre everything else and rule as the new Spider Queen, i.e. Lolth incarnate. Or perhaps only targeted children so she could torture them or eat them. Then sure, by all means that's pretty evil.

It is a product of magic, there is nothing natural about it.

What did I just wake up to?

People think serena is evil. I would gladly take the blame, but no one seems to realize it was my fault.

It was only partially your fault, Murdock gave her some nudges but she was headed down that path eventually. She just needed someone to give her a kick to start the angel purging, the mind rape was just a bonus.

Still, I wouldn't call her evil. Now that I think about it she's kind of like the Punisher... okay maybe that's slightly evil.

The children she takes do not grow up into driders to have little drider babies of their own. They are permanently altered abominations, both in mind amd body. Some of them are decades old, yet still both look and act like creepy mutated toddlers.

I'm not sure what definitions of good and evil you're operating under.
>Good
Ninki.
Original Serena.
Rinteller.
Original Sonia.
Cadros, Deka and/or Kolya since they all share roughly the same story.
>Evil
Azof
Wrotok
Eris
Jakrol
Kinraker

The good ones I've listed are the ones that are altruistic with nothing expected in return. They're unabashedly nice people that fight for goodness with minimal harm to those that are innocent or not directly responsible for evil. There's no personal goal or personal gain that they have in mind, only the preservation of life and peace.
The evil ones I've listed are the ones that have no good reason to be indulging in such evil. They weren't altered, twisted or pushed into being evil, they were assholes from the very beginning and continue to make others suffer without a shred of guilt or anything that could be considered an excuse.

A normal day on Veeky Forums tripfag.

In response to that last question, which 5 flakes do you think are most difficult to set between good and evil? Which flakes act in ways of have goals most challenging to say "yep that's bad" or "sure that's good"?

You knwo I still think a Bant-color Osmosis Jones-Style Planeswalker would be interesting.

then make it, go hunting for the last snowstorm's google docs page and find the plane he come from.

To add to this question, who are the 5 most NEUTRAL flakes?

Well he did start as a villain and Maro thinks he should have remained a villain

you mean, like this question?

Erm, can you post a blank version of the template, the one in the Gdoc is completely fucked.

Nah, that question is for anti-heroes/villains and flakes that are difficult to classify. I'm asking for flakes that very clearly are neutral or act in a neutral way.

Messenger atleast.

the answer to your question is five times razorcock

-rip and tear intensifies-

Anna
Del
Cala
Stuzec
Hondick.

>newfag doesn't know the difference between tripfags and namefags.

That one in the top left corner is fucking horrifying

>Venn at the top of your good list, if I am reading right.

Well shucks user.

Sorry to dissapoint but thats obviously the evil guy list.

Murdock
Ka
Cala
Sudev
Messenger

Who is the most benevolent flake? Who is the most malevolent flake?

Now make them fight. What happens?

>Most Good
>Deka
>WG Sonia
>Serena (I super-believe in you, busty angel! You'll find your way back here!)
>Jorge
>Myrina

>Most Evil
>Irriad/Ivander/Jakrol/Kinrakar (I'm giving them a tie 'cause it's pretty much the same degree and type of evil)
>Rakkor
>Makayel
>Mother (While she doesn't mean any harm she can certainly cause a lot)
>Hakam (Thinking you're a good guy doesn't make it so, and I'm putting him a bit ahead of the other destructive flakes I could name because most of them are at least up-front about what they are while Hakam takes advantage of desperate people's faith.)

>Most Neutral/Hard to Classify
>Messenger can't really be judged by human morals.
>Kikiki (given that it's mentioned he means well but is a little senile and hard to predict)
>Mihails
>Granny Swamp
>Ginger

>Murdock
>anything but an evil cunt
You're delusional in your thirst for redemption.
I'd go with
Cala. I can see her making very immoral things in the name of SCIENCE, but it is all from her warped point of view which she had no choice on taking.
Messenger, Myrs Battlespheres are terrifying. Also there's no saying what he is up to, at all.
Frances. Shit's crazy yo.
Winifred. May take a cup oif tea with you, may steal you r best years. She definitely had it rough but is not venting it nahiri style, so I'd give her at least the benefit of doubt on her actual evilness.
Serena (brainwahsed): shit's crazier and I should know.

>Cala
Ohey, one of my flakes came up.

I guess it is a little hard to classify "learning for the sake of learning" as good or evil. The chaos she occasionally brings about isn't good, but she can hardly help it most of the time.

I'll pic out of my flakes.
Good:
Sephren
Íreth
Tristram
Artorius

Evil:
Vontrask
Andromeda
Graveborn

Walk the Line:
Vronak
Emir
Lord Æon
Miyja
Zulkaz
Raioh
Ellisar
Yumiko

>all these people remember Rakkor

bless you mtg for remembering that psychotic party hard dragon still exists.

*Hondick
Hold the Door.

It doesn't sound like "door" at all.

I'll break it down for you.
> Hondick
Reminds me of..
> Hodor

Duh, it was obvious, but you could have come up with a better joke to make the point come across and actually be funny.
Though the only one I can think of, I'd rather not say.

So I'm at an impasse. Not sure how I want to take Venn's whole desire of vengance against Nahiri for fucking up the whole plane.

1) Vengeful Fuck Everything and do the whole "Become the monster you're hunting"
or
2) Have his rage tempered by time spent in Boros or with a certain other angel, and focus his vengeance solely upon Nahiri. No one else gets hurt: she took everything from him, so she and she alone must pay the price.

Hold'n dick?

But, there is a reason I used that particular joke. Do you watch GoT?

Serena will help you see the true path to vengeance, you can rip and tear while not being Nahiri.

>Do you watch GoT?
Luckily not, i like a bit more of quality in my fantasy.
What would make for a more interesting story, in your opinion? What would you have more fun writing?

Well, it's always nice to write a young man's obsession turning him into the monster, with him progressively growing worse and worse with his actions, till he realizes he's become what he hates, and either tries to atone or simply does not give a shit.

However, the idea of him falling to his rage at points, only to get his ass kicked by Nahiri, and then come back stronger after learning discipline seems like it would be more fun.

Say for example, he gets into a fight with Nahiri, tries to bumrush and burn the fuck out of her, but her age and experience makes the fight incredibly one sided, and he's forced to planeswalk away to safety.

At this point, he'd either go back to Ravnica and learn to be a soldier, OOOOOOOR he meets up with Basandra, whom acts as a teacher for him with pooootential lewds? I dunno.

I can agree with you but I'd rather not involve an oldwalker directly into this. We can't even know what is Nahiri gonna do at this point. Rather have his anger push him to provoke someone he shouldn't have provoked and getting his ass kicked while he was searching for Nahiri.

A bit of advice, involving canon characters in your story as anything more than a passing mention is one of the things that we declared to be taboo long ago.

The only question is, whom would he piss off and teach him a lesson that he's being an overemotional idiot?

Yeah, ANGERFISH user mentioned that to me last night. I will try to avoid it.

The answer is...
Whoever you want.

How do you know there is no quality until you've watched it? Personally, I say watch the entire first season. If you don't like it. Then so be it. But, I think you might get hooked. It's surprisingly good at parts. Some of the exposition might be drawn out from time to time. But, the rest of it is really intriguing. But, to each their own. Do what you'd like. What tv series are you into watching?

Because I watched some of it, forced by my last fiancee who liked it. Now this is not the place to discuss our private lifes, though.

I'd still like to know what kind of shows you are into.

Does soemone have any ideas for cards that would fit an Urborg BUG druid walker? Everything along the lines of Scute Mobs is also fair game.

If I said 2, would he and Serena become fuck buddies?

I actually had my own idea for the plane, and four of the five sentient poster races are rather...weird. these are Black Zombies, Green Oozes, Blue Weirds, Red Elementals and White Walls.

Also the Plane doesn't have typical Leylines, the total numbers for each race just fluctuate. this is due to the Ink Treader Races switching around at the drop of a hat and zombies infecting people and subsequently breaking apart into slurry.

Each of the Ink-Treader color Races as a whole represents each of the tissue types within a body, while the Zombies represent infected tissues and cells

How can there be zombies if there are no humanoids? How are walls sentient? How are oozes sentient? How are there weirds outside Ravnica and Izzet?

Perhaps in some non canon stuff. Unsure about actual canon. Though he's likely to use her as a Gisela proxy at first

They definitely are going to be comrades in arms.

Epic Struggle, perhaps, to represent victory by overwhelming numbers?

>Blue Weirds
I'm not sure that you get how Weirds work. They're all multicolored because Weirds are made of opposing elements. It's a kind of elemental being that can't even exist without science forcing it to happen, which is why it's an exclusively Izzet concept.

Noted, thanks.
See I wanna toy around stuff that spells unnatural evolution, graveyard themes and parasithic mechanics. Stuff like Body Double, Rakshasa Vizier, Cadaverous Bloom, Bloodbond March, you know the drill.

Look, those were the best choices I could think of to describe a plane made of tissues from a creature so large that the individual cells are roughly 6 feet in diameter and sentient. The native races are not literally Walls, Oozes, Zombies and Weirds, the Walls are cells that form pieces of connective tissue and the Weirds are the individual Neurons. The Zombies are not actual undead, they are just Pathogens on the same scale as the cells. If I could have done it I would have NOT made the Epithelial tissue Oozes.

Oh and the Elementals were meant to be Muscle tissue if you hadn't guessed.

Do you know ANYTHING about anatomy or biology?