Tundra civ ep.74 - aim for the stars!

Welcome everyone, new and old players alike! This is Tundra civ, a civ thread series in which we've gone from stone age farmers in the tundra to space explorers!
You play as the rulers of the White Republic, one of the human nations from the planet Terra Nova.
Previously on Tundra civ:
Terra Nova's four space-colonising alliances have started spreading out into nearby star systems. We're currently terraforming the nearby red planet, Argosa II, while settlement continues on the forest planet Juniper I.
The four alliances met in Kayans and set upon a system of rules - whoever first settles a planet or moon gets to keep all rights to it. Space colonization is expensive and we've only been doing it for 7 years now, so our current strategy is to survey promising systems and focus on claiming the most suitable planets first.

>Population:253 000 000 (84% white, 12 % chink, 2%darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Continents:Aymsland:70% Eyerdar:11% Veita 9%, Ocras 10%
>Colonials:Argosa II - 40 000 Juniper I - 25 000
>Agriculture:9/10
>Resources:9/10
>Manufacturing:9/10
>Trade and services:10/10
>Treasury:8/10
>Political stability:10/10

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>G.Research & Development
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

Working on the star maps now, will probably be starting the threads with them from now on.

E

SPACE

>>I.Space colonization
Improve our settlements and continue to search for other habital planets.

>>I.Space colonization

I
Best planets first

FUCK ME
I WROTE A LONG-ASS POST ABOUT THE NEARBY STAR EMPIRES, THE SYSTEMS THAT WE KNOW OF AND SHIT
AND THEN I PRESS BACKSPACE AND I LOSE THE POST
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'll write it again.
Private companies are now engaged in space exploration and settlement, they'll act autonomously. What's up to us is picking state-sponsored colonial missions.
Colonizable worlds of interest to us:
A.The Pebber system - two worthless and hot planets, one gas giant with several moons and an asteroid field - not too good for living, but there's bound to be minerals
B.Hidal - a terrestrial planet with one barren moon. Stable atmosphere, cold climate that is akin to Terra Nova's tundras - on its best days, that is. Some local life exists.
C.Zesfera - there's one planet there that can be terraformed within a span of 20 years to be suitable, not a lot of mineral wealth though
D.Focus on our current colonies, the private companies will send out pioneers to new locations

So, on the map - Sidhhar is being claimed by the NPU soon, Jinyr is a recent Occidental colony, the Tri-federation is planing on settling Artoun.
We've been told of two other alien civilizations nearby by our Omi friends. The P'gar Theocracy mostly sticks to itself, does some occasional trade with the Omicron Federation. The Ra'ktun Imperium is occupied in a four-way war core-ward(to the left, relatively, on the map).
Our galactic positioin is within the Milky Way's Perseus Arm.
From what old Spirelord databases indicate, Terra Nova is rimward of Sol, the original human world that was lost 1750 years ago to unknown causes, likely an alien invasion.

>A.The Pebber system - two worthless and hot planets, one gas giant with several moons and an asteroid field - not too good for living, but there's bound to be minerals
>B.Hidal - a terrestrial planet with one barren moon. Stable atmosphere, cold climate that is akin to Terra Nova's tundras - on its best days, that is. Some local life exists.

A and B
Also tell the private companies to start settlong planets and moons before the other nations do or say goodbye to their funding a empty threat let's hope it works.

Also do you get my ideas from last thread Bulgar?

Rolled 70, 28, 68, 46, 25, 52 = 289 (6d100)

Saw the ideas, I think it may indeed be better to have the system be more player based, while factions would be essentialy alliances between the players.
A single player can control one "entity" - a noble house, a bank, a trade company, a band of mercenaries, a religious organisation, an order of knights, a wizardry school etc. Players can work together and thus form factions - the church of X can work together with the templars and the Blue Shield Bankers.
Different banker players can form a bankers union for maximum shekelry.
A wizardry school can work together with mercenaries in the name of science.
ENDLESS POSIBILITIES

So, on to colonisation. A & B, we'er going for both of those systems.
I'll do this roll
>State-sponsored colonisation
>Private colonisation
>The OA
>The NPU
>The TF
>Aliums

We've set up a colony on Hidal and worked together with the private sector on setting up mining operations in the Pebber System. Asteroid mining is the only really profitable thing about space at this point - exploration and colonisation cost a lot of money.
The NPU have started settling Sidhhar. The TF are still making preparations.
Kaichou engineers have perfected the formula for extraction and processing of helium-3 fuel, which is highly abundant in gas giants. Some believe they actually got that tech from the Omicron federation - either way, this makes gas giants economically valuable now, as this new energy source is found in great abundance there. Helium-3 was being extracted in fairly small quantities from the Barren Moon, Argosa IIIb by the Occidentals for some years until now.
High-tech helium-3 is superior to the nuclear fusion fuels we are using at present and would allow for cheaper electricity and more powerful devices.

>Population:253 000 000 (84% white, 12 % chink, 2%darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials:Argosa II - 45 000 Juniper I - 35 000 Hidal II - 20 000
>Agriculture:8/10
>Resources:8/10
>Trade and services:9/10
>Treasury:7/10
>Political stability:9/10

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

>I Space
Look for planets like Juniper I to settle in.

>>G.Research & Development

G.Research & Development

>I.Space colonization

Research time
Pick two areas to develop
A.Military technology
B.Civilian technology(improving quality of life)
C.Industrial technology(production & energy)
D.Space technology(ship design)

Bulgar a question if we pick a different option than I will the government and private companies still be setting up In planets and moons?

Also I like your idea of a single control entity. So far by what you put up so far I'll thinking about being a noble house. For the race we'll have to see the list of races to pick when it's time. But I'm leaning to humans.

>C.Industrial technology(production & energy)
>D.Space technology(ship design)

C and D

Things always progress naturally without government intervention if the free market is allowed to participate. Our colonies will continue growing and private investors will continue exploring and settling. Every action WE take is an action made by the government and paid for by the people's taxes.

>C.Industrial technology(production & energy)
>D.Ship technology(ship design)
Just make the private companies are fully encourage and still have them funded partly from the government.
Also are the darkskins still being ship to NPU or do you forget?

We didn't agree on shipping 100% of them. Most have been moved, some more will be sent and others will be encouraged to migrate on their own.

C&D
We've also gained access to the advanced helium-3 processing technology - truly an energy revolution in the making - if the proper infrastructure is created, it is believed that the two gas giants in the Argosa system ALONE would be able to power most of Terra Nova(total population of 610 million at present).
We've improved ship designs for colony ships, Pirus-class scout corvettes, transport ships and our first proper warship - the Tripaneus class destroyer is twice the size of our corvettes, retains a good amount of maneuvarability and speed, while having stronger defences and weaponry.
More and more companies from Terra Nova are becoming engaged in space with transportation and mining every month.

Year 1253 AE
>Population:258 000 000 (85% white, 12 % chink, 1%darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials:Argosa II - 60 000 Juniper I - 60 000 Hidal II - 20 000

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

>A Improve Economy
Let's give the private companies more reason to send people to spacw and claim planets

>>E.Improve spacefleet

>>I.Space colonization

changed to I.Space colonization

Fuck Photoshop man, I'll probably go back to paint for muh starmaps.
Anyways, what should we focus on colonising? Pick one for each
1.Encourage the private sector to colonise:
A.Habitable planets
B.Mineral sources
C.Energy sources
2.Government colonisation of:
A.Habitable planets
B.Mineral sources
C.Energy sources

C.Energy sources
A.Habitable planets

C
A

>C.Energy sources
A.Habitable planets

The Four Alliances have agreed upon giving each star system to the first nation that colonises it - Argosa is the obvious exception, local assets are split between the nations.
With the spread of helium-3 technology across Terra Nova and the advance of space technology, we're experiencing the Second Space Rush, as each of the four alliances has expanded its holdings in the last 4 years.
Private companies in our nation focus on energy sources now, while the state sponsors planetary colonisation - Jarrel III, a jungle planet, is our most recent expansion. Zesfera and Pebber systems are being exploited only for their riches.

Year 1253 AE
>Population:258 000 000 (85% white, 12 % chink, 1%darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials:Argosa II - 100 000 Juniper I - 90 000 Hidal II - 50 000 Jarrel I - 30 000

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

event or happening soon

>>E.Improve spacefleet

>C.Construction
Build a flagship!

D. Diplomacy
Let's talk with the omi see if they can help us meet up with the other aliens races.

>E.Improve spacefleet

How shall we improve our spacefleet?
Right now we have 7 corvettes and 1 destroyer.
A.Focus all shipbuilding efforts on civilian ships for the colonies
B.Build lots of agile corvettes - good for scouting and raiding
C.Build more destroyers - a good backbone for a warfleet!
D.Build a cruiser to be our flagship!
E.Other

>C.Build more destroyers - a good backbone for a warfleet!

>D.Build a cruiser to be our flagship!
we need some relevant firepower, like powerful enough to actually harm other nations flagships

C and D

Rolled 11 (1d100)

The Eyerd - pride of our spacefleet! The largest human spaceship created as of yet, it is a testiment of greatness - we have at last reached the level of technology the humans of old had and this ship is stronger than any ship old Earth has ever put to space!
Spacefleet expanded to 8 corvettes, 4 destroyers and 1 cruiser.

Now rolling for event. Low roll is bad for us.

>11
Time for some action!
It's do or die tonight it seems.

An unidentified spaceship was spotted in the NPU-controlled Ambukh system. Before contact could be established, it made a warp jump - into Argosa's high orbit!
The ship is about 1.5 times larger than our flagship and looks to be well armed. Within a few minutes all defences are scambled and ready.
We recieve a transmission
"Vice-admiral Friugrax of the 3rd Imperium spacefleet is speaking on behalf of the Emperor of Ra'ktun. Human settlers have been expanding in the Imperium's direction. You will cease such expansion or face the wrath of our fleets. "

A.Open fire on these xenos!
B.Ask to negotiate further, the Imperium hasn't made any contact with us before
C.Tell them we will stop expanding in their direction
D.Tell them to fuck off

Terra Nova's high orbit*

>B.Ask to negotiate further, the Imperium hasn't made any contact with us before

>D.Tell them to fuck off
>A.Open fire on these xenos!
We don't give a fuck, i hope we get a damn reputation.

B
Let's talk things out. If the they don't tell them to D fuck off we don't take shit from aliens. Ayy lmao out your ass.

guys do you even know prison 101?
When the big muscular fuck tell you he own your ass you sucker punch him and the make his jaw full of glass to drive the point home that you're not to be fucked with , otherwise you're gonna be the everybody's bitch.

Test

Man I made a post set up saying we own the joint and tell them to fuck off if they try anything but it got earsed. But just saying I agree with you.

It's a tie right now, so write it again

>It's a tie
?

I was just going to write about the negotiations, but

What I'm say is we talk like we own the joint with a mix of B and D. That we own this part of the galaxy, and you still out of it. We do what we want. If they want to work something out We're all ears but if your just saying to stop going to planers they have something else coming. Also be ready to fire their asses to back they come. If they try to take us down blames it on the NPU saying their different humans and they the ones you should destory.

> If they try to take us down blames it on the NPU saying their different humans and they the ones you should destroy.
11/10 killing two assholes with one galatic war

Read this before you post The only way they understand is through force and strength.

It's kind of true if you look at the map. The NPU are the ones going West to them. While we're North. It just make sense maybe if we don't die due to the aliens we could have a powerful Ally if it's to our best interest.

All right, so negotiations will be underway
A diplomatic envoy will arrive in one week.
A.Negotiate with him on behalf of the White Republic only
B.Get the four nations together for this

>B.Get the four nations together for this

>A.Negotiate with him on behalf of the White Republic only.
Try to get SA and KE in on it too, tell them what we'll say so they can repeat a bit.
It's easier for them to support us if we're the majority.
If they can solve expansion problems by simply supporting us and giving us tools to remove the NPU they'd do it.

A
We need to know what the aliens want first. We go to the meeting, we don't have to have the others join in, they still could back stab us.
But the KE and SA could come like try to get them to rid of the NPU as they the ones going west.

Rolled 93 (1d100)

We'll negotiate with these xenos along with our allies, maybe we'll get rid of the NPU this way
Secret roll
High is good

>93
holy shit they bought it.
They may be the most agressive but they'll never be the smoothest.

>93
Acting like big shits work they like our noshit show.

We've convinced them to deal with us solely - there will be no backroom dealings with the NPU for them.

What should we try to negotiate with them?
A.That we draw up a border somewhere and respect it mutually
B.That they help us get rid of the NPU for good
C.That they may accost the NPU at will, but respect our territorial expansion, within reasonable limits
D.That they kindly fuck off back to Ayylmaovia and not tell us what to do
E.Other

D

>A.That we draw up a border somewhere and respect it mutually

B
Let's get rid of the NPU once and for all. It is our chance.

>B.That they help us get rid of the NPU for good
>C.That they may accost the NPU at will, but respect our territorial expansion, within reasonable limits
>E. Then they kindly fuck off back to Ayylmaovia and not tell us what to do

>C.That they may accost the NPU at will, but respect our territorial expansion, within reasonable limits

B, And E
If we could only choose
one B
Work out a alliance or trading

Since they're the most agressive we could forge an alliance with this.
After all they do seems the type to believe that alliances forged in blood... blood of your common enemies of course.

Something I forget to add like this user pointed out E maybe a alliance could work. Since we are slipping blood together.

why do you guys want to piss off the highly agressive and more powerful xenos

>A.That we draw up a border somewhere and respect it mutually

Because that way we can raly all the weaks they bullied.
Also we're not looking to piss them them off, we're looking for them to piss off.
Or better if we can use them to fuck up our common enemy.
We should secretly support the NPU to weaken the damn shitty aliens then swoop in for the killing blow on both.

How is getting them to love us get rip of the NPU like says

"So you want to get rid of these other humans? There has to be something in it for us.
Here are our terms - we will aid you and victory will be yours. We will take part of their territory and you will take the rest. When it's done we'll sign a non-aggression treaty and will respect each other's borders as is."
A.Accept their proposal
B.Tell them to fuck off
C."Just don't attack our holdings and we're okay"

>A.Accept their proposal
haha though luck shitty alien we'll support the NPU secretly meanwhile you'll wage an unending and tiresome war hahahahaha.

>A.Accept their proposal

A

>A.Accept their proposal

>A. Accept their proposal
We going to need to know how strong they are. For now I fear we're too weak to attack them but onces the NPU are gone we'll have more materials to build up our military.
Also Buglar see if they want to trade with us. Or at least give us a visit to their homeworld
If that secret gets out We're fucked. We need to find out the limit of their empire to do that we need to build strong bonds overtime, while we information about their strength.

>If that secret gets out We're fucked.
depends at what point it gets out.
The war might take it's toll on them before the secret get out.
Also if their ship is only 1.5 times the size of ours they must not be that big.

Within two weeks the Achute and Ambukh systems have fallen to the Ra'ktun fleets. Intel suggests the NPU lost a third of their ships and have now fallen back to defend Siddhar.
There is some public uproar in the republic - aliens are attacking humans! Still, it's not us, but how long until that, many people wonder.

>Population:261 000 000 (85% white, 12 % chink, 1%darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials:Argosa II - 120 000 Juniper I - 110 000 Hidal II - 77 000 Jarrel I - 60 000
>Political stability:7/10

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

>H.Diplomacy & War
secretly support the NPU, makes them fight like they never fought before.

>>H.Diplomacy & War
go to war with the NPU

that's stupid, why would you make the agressive aliens job easy when it obvious that if they think humans are weak they'll try to wipe us all out.

>>G.Research & Development

Read the find print
>Vice-Admiral 3rd Imperium Spacefleet
Their second admiral has a ship bigger than us. The admiral will have a bigger ship. Their is three or more fleets of them. And their losing very hard.
H
Help the NPU in secret the things that not be seem to the aliens like money support keep it so under warps you mama can't find it. Also began building our spacefleet.

CHANGED TO >G.Research & Development

Also Buglar with my choice of H let's try to get some trading with the aliens going and a embassy as a way to throw them off our trail.
You two have no balls

A flagship is a flagship.
Their size can't vary too much.
2x at max i'd think.
Anyhow they'll likely lose at least one because of the NPU defense.
Then we can likely rally some support from the omnicron to fuck em up afterwards.

>H.Diplomacy & War

and you are an moron

>G

I'm still supporting you Obliex because if humans look too weak we're all died so let's make the war long and hard. So even if the NPU lose which they will, it will take too much effort against more stronger humans.

>H

G

Even if the NPU lose, Humanity won't lose.
We just have to bolster them secretly then afterwards we just have to get the Omnicron in of the war and just betray the filthy Ra'ktun scums.