Why?

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/node/1020261
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why not?

Because fuck you, that's why

This card is amazing. What the hell are you whining about?

Maybe he's asking why the picture is so small?

suck my ant dick OP

Do you know how to evaluate cards? She's pretty great.

I think he's asking why it's GWB instead of Mono Blue

We already have this thread:

>card is amazing
>will see no competitive play in Standard or Modern
>mono-U made Bant just because they had to shoehorn in Jace

>will see no competitive play in Standard or Modern

What are "Things said about Nahiri as well" for 500, Alex.

I'm pretty sure she'll see play in both.

kek

I'm just happy that tamiyo is a card(again).

>Veeky Forums is bad at magic
We don't have to make it THAT obvious. Fuck.

Because they can't have other mono-blue planeswalkers because Jace is mono-blue and we need a new Jace every six months.

There are 2 different mono-blue Jaces in Standard but WotC didn't give a shit about that.

And 2 different Nissas, Gideons, Chandras and (soon) Lilianas, but you don't give a shit about that.

>Doubling Season into permanent Omniscience

Because she researches fields

Because I needed a planeswalker for my Derivi tap shenanigans deck and this chick is perfect.

Cool, I'll pick her up cheap because you scrubs can't see value.

You know, its posts like these that remind me most players would rather see Jace than Tami

When did she get green and white though? If anything wasn't Tamiyo like a Vulcan in Star Trek and concerned only about data and data itself? She's more blue than Jace is.

No, not only about data. She also cares about preservation of natural undisturbed conditions and order; read the stories they write. She was all set to put Jace in a pine box if he threatened to take Innistrad's madness off the plane.

That makes her even less white then doesn't it?

No, because a concern for the preservation of order at all costs is definingly white.

But she's not trying to preserve order, she's trying to observe what the madness is and what's causing it, no matter what sacrifices have to be made.

She's trying to preserve order outside Innistrad by containing the madness to the plane, by killing Jace if necessary; that's white.

>I'll get a new planeswalker for cheap because no one can actually use her in their decks
>this is now valid card design philosophy
Fug

Honestly I know they need five monocolored walkers for their dumbass gatewatch, but jace is UW and tamiyo should totally be pure U

Cryptolith Rite? Oath of Nissa?

Maybe not in Modern, but she is definitely going to say play in Standard. Fits right in Bant Humans.

Wait, when was that established? She's trying to keep the madness in place on Innistrad because she's studying it. She never said anything about saving other planes from it.
What decks actually want to use Oath of Nissa and Tamiyo though? Bant Company doesn't need or want her because she fucks up tempo and card advantage for worse card advantage.
How? What does she add that Humans don't already have?

>only six Planeswalkers in SOI block

There goes my dream for a new Tibalt

>>How? What does she add that Humans don't already have?
A good and useful planeswalker? Taps down blockers for two turns, draw cards, how it that not useful?

>She never said anything about saving other planes from it.
READ THE FUCKING STORY ASSHOLE. magic.wizards.com/node/1020261

Consistent card draw that you don't need to pay 2 for. Makes attacking into Bant even less fun because it's just combat damage, not just damage to the opponent.

But that's not the same. Are you being willfully obtuse?
She doesn't do anything blue doesn't already do in Standard.
The card draw comes at the cost of Tamiyo so it's likely only going to net you 2 cards before it goes away. 1UWG for 2 cards is hardly worth slotting into a deck that's already quite strong.

>Card draw comes at the cost of her
No? Even if they are somehow able to push 5 damage through that's 5 damage going to Tamiyo and not you.

Blue cares about returning cards, green cares about artifact removal and white cares about enchantment removal.

Therefore, Reduce to Dreams could be given a mana cost of 1GWU or GWU instead of 3UU.

This is the era of card design we live in.

>How to trigger autism

You: "She never said anything about saving other planes from it."

Tamiyo: "If driven mad, the damage you could do across the planes would be immense"

EAT HOT LEAD YOU STUPID COMMIE COCKSUCKER.

>But that's not the same. Are you being willfully obtuse?

>>"No, I understand, but..." Jace stopped suddenly. It had taken him a few moments to realize that she had just threatened him. He raised his palms, and took a step back.
>>>she had just threatened him
this isn't even subtext
this is just text

She said Jace's telepathy might make him take on the madness and his ability to planeswalk while mad might cause harm. That's not the same as saying she wants to keep the madness preserved on Innistrad for the purpose of keeping other planes safe from it. At all. Get your autism under control, you extra-chromosome-having goober.

Shut the fuck up, you goddamn nigger.

>and his ability to planeswalk while mad might cause harm

Correction: might spread it to other worlds.
Read up in the story.
>a thought she had not considered—if a Planeswalker contracted this plane's madness, could they spread it to other worlds?!
>a mad planeswalking telepath was a danger of the sort she had never contemplated.

My god. Nahiri pretty much revived the "THIS IS THE NEXT FtMS!" hype. Why do planeswalkers attract such shitters?

Planeswalkers are cancer.

>she never thought of the danger
>she wanted to stop a problem she never considered before she ever considered it
Come on, guys.

Oh gee, you sure showed him. I bet he's going to quietly tuck his tail between his legs and be quiet.

Pft. You're a cute kid, user.

After rapidly calculating it, she comes to the conclusion that she will act against it. Yes, she is very blue, but there's shades of white in there.

This guy is the reason people hate you mentally ill faggots. You get an idea in your head out of complete ignorance and no matter how much evidence is brought which proves it was wrong you keep fucking doubling down no matter what; the only way it would end is if someone caved your fucking faces in; you utterly retarded pigfuckers. Every goddamn thread there is some useless piece of shit who does this; maybe it's the same guy; maybe it's not, but it is a fucking epidemic on this board to ignore new information in favor of idiotic shit you chose to believe ex nihilo. Fuck you.

But her intent clearly wasn't to keep the madness in place on Innistrad to prevent it from spreading to other planes. That's just objectively wrong. She didn't even think that was possible until Jace strolled up. She was only interested in studying it. She doesn't care about fight evil, as is made perfectly clear by her refusal to join the other Superfriends.
>I can't read!
>but you're wrong because I'm angry! And EDGY!

I can read; you are a pigfucking cocksucker, who, when presented with the text in black and fucking white; with the relevant portion WHCH GOES TO MOTIVE ON THE ACTION IN QUESTION highlighted YOU FUCKING IGNORE IT BECAUSE YOU WANT TAMIYO TO BE BLUE.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

It wasn't her initial goal in coming to Innistrad but she clearly made it a part of her task if she would threaten Jace over it.

Wow! So many curse words! Welcome to our secret club! Hope you have fun during the summer!

Shut up, you fucking nigger; I already told you to; why won't you shut. the fuck. up?

Woah woah waoh, calm down. Did League of Legends put you on tilt?

Shut. The fuck. Up.

You're clearly equal parts stupid and assblasted.
It wasn't even her goal after. She still just wanted to study uninterrupted.

I can totally see white. Green is a bit of a stretch. Is Venser the only UW walker?

>It wasn't even her goal after. She still just wanted to study uninterrupted.
Please kill yourself. It became and remained her goal, once finding out A POWERFUL TELEPATH WAS ON INNISTRAD to prevent the madness afflicting the plane from escaping it, by killing said telepath if it became necessary. That is a white action, and you can go fuck yourself if you want to claim it didn't happen; because it did; it's in the text and you cannot fucking erase it no matter how fucking hard you try. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

>being this mad and this wrong
She's apathetic. She doesn't care about saving people. If she did would have been fighting the madness on Innistrad the whole time. She only started when another powerful 'walker posed a threat.
Get your head out of your ass, you teenage edgelord.

Shut up, cocksucker. The text directly contradicts this. You have no fucking case whatsoever for this idiotic fucking goddamn doubling down. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT.

This is just like that other night where people were arguing over the definitions of travel and movement.

>i can't change my mind because my ass is too blasted
>so i'll just keep pretending i'm right and prove it by being a keyboard warrior edgelord

Why are you so mad about being wrong? Get your shit together, you pathetic loser.

who knows, maybe kaladesh will have him

I DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE MY FUCKING MIND, COCKSUCKER MY POSITION IS STATED BY THE FUCKING TEXT.

and no, she doesn't care about "saving people" SHE CARES ABOUT PRESERVING. FUCKING. ORDER. THE WHITEST FUCKING ACTION IMAGINABLE, DIRECTLY STATED IN THE FUCKING TEXT; YOU USELESS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT COCKSUCKER. PUT A FUCKING GUN IN YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND BLOW YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT ONTO THE FUCKING WALL.

AAAAAAND he brings the Eldrazi with him too!!! Hurry, call the Jacetice League!

Dude I agree with you and you are still being massive faggot

She doesn't care about order. The madness on Innistrad was overtaking the plane and she just wanted to study it. She's an observer, nothing more.
You're wrong. And butthurt. And stupid. And 14 years old.

Shut up, you stupid fucking nigger moron; she is not an observer as regards Jace, WHICH IS DIRECTLY FUCKING STATED IN THE FUCKING TEXT, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

Tfw wizards is printing cancer

>only six Planeswalkers in SOI block
>only

What the hell are you smoking?

She cares that the madness might spread to kamigawa and doesn't really give a shit about anything else

narset

Where was this stated?

>moving the goalposts
>being this mad
Damn bro. You lost this argument a long time ago. Let it go.

Same story arc where she was with jace, she was thinking about what would happen if what was happening to Innistrad would spread to her home

Remember how excited Veeky Forums was for Narset?

>only cares about her own plane
>doesn't give a shit about the suffering on Innistrad right in front of her
>white
kek

Because you assholes won't shut up about your stupid conehead waifu.

>What decks actually want to use Oath of Nissa

Oath of Nissa is a phenomenal card mate.

You left off the important bit, mate.

I remembered incorrectly, she wasn't afraid of that happening. It's in the "stories and endings" story

>love Bant
>been playing Bant since 2008
>been waiting for years to finally get a Bant-colored planeswalker
>get this instead
>in no way Bant and just got those 2 other colors for dumb reasons
>abilities aren't focused in white
>everything about her, even lore, is mono blue
>pondering how many more years I must wait to get a real Bantwalker

Nah FUCK the idea of her being bant. That shits just fucking wrong

But Bant is the investigate color and she's the person all about investigating :^)

With the amount of people complaining about the new Tamiyo, they should've printed Tibalt instead.

New Tamiyo is functional and interesting.
Tibalt is not.
We're all just complaining that she's bant instead of mono u

Don't be silly, more Tamiyo is always the right option.

Same.
Exactly. She's not even Bant for legitimate design resigns.
>We couldn't possibly not have a Jace card, so Tamiyo get's puts on the backburner
>Oh jeez, we've already got a mono-U Jace so what do we do about Tamiyo?
>Well we already designed her as mono-U, sooo...
It's total bullshit. Even if she had been UUWG it would have been forced bullshit. She's not green at all. She's barely UW.

I think you can argue that green can have super curiosity, a la cold eyed Selkie

I can see the Green angle from her study of natural phenomena and importance of spirits and tradition in her culture, but even that's a stretch.

I think she would have been better as 1WUU

UG isn't the same as U or UWG.
But she was studying the unnatural and had no interest in preserving nature as Emrakul twisted it.

>UG isn't the same as U or UWG.
I meant U/G isn't the same.