/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Malacath edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except for Elysana and Gortwog gro-Nagorm.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ebonarm
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:CHIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Malacath
You mean Triminac

Second for Orcs being revolting scum that needs to be removed.

Third for NO ONE BESTS AN ORC

Except for everybody around them.

5th for >tfw you will never be a mage.

Lets settle this once and for all, which race is the most pathetic
a) Bosmer
b) Orsimer
c) Reachmen

You'd need the outfit first

Reachmen by far.

Actually Bosmer, but I don't want them to eat me.

Most pathetic: Bosmer
Most revolting: Orismer
Most trainwiz: Reachmen.

Reachmen by far.

Atleast orcs will do their duty for the legion.

Are the bosmer the only ones in Valenwood who have to abide the Green Pact? It seems like the fairies and shit wouldn't have to.

The answer will always be Bosmer.

d) Maormer
All of them
Okay, Orsimer is the most shittiest

Is jyggalag a demi-prince of sheogorath?
Yeah his sphere is order, but not "balanced order" like peryite, more like an OCD kinda thing. He's quite mad.

Guys.

Guys.

I just now realized that most of the provinces were named off of their geography.

Highrock: High Cliffs and Moors

Skyrim: Mountains (Rim of the Sky)

Valenwood: Hidden woods, Valen as in vale.

Morrowind: Morrow and in tomorrow, wind as in the ashen wind. Probably named because to can tell tomorrow's wind by looking at Vardenfell.

Summerset Isles: On the far west, where the sun sets. Sunset = Summerset

Elsweyr: Obvious. Elsewhere.

The only one I don't get is Hammerfell, which I assume has to do with them being the warrior race, or smithing. I like how they solved it later with the dwemer hammer thing. I don't know, but I'm sure I'll think of something the more I smoke.

Look up Rourken.

Never actually thought about it like that. Pretty clever.

Godspeed, skoomanon, you crazy bastard.

Yeah, I know the story, that's why I alluded to it. I'm wandering what was going on in their minds during the original development.

REACH
E
A
C
H

Hence why the fairies and shit aren't the dominant species.

WHOAAAAAAAAA

you're mistaken
high rock is where people get high
hammerfell is where people get hammered

Bosmer, followed by Orismer.

what about cyrodiil?

Ius is canon, then?

I can get some Camlorn kush? Some Daggerfall Drow?

Hammerfell because the original settlers followed a hammer that some divine dude threw, and settled where it landed.

How can Pelinal Whitestrake possibly be a robot from the future when the Crusader's Relics are all standard medieval weapons & armor?

checkmate athetits

It wasn't really a province at the time so I'm not worried about it, but check this out.

Idyllic, as in pleasant farmsteads. Rearrange it C Y D I I LL. Drop the L, add an R O, and you get Cyrodiil. Probably not the answer, but still is fun to consider.

It was only called the Imperial Province in Arena.

Technology in the TES universe hasn't improved in over five thousand fucking years of recorded history, so there's no reason to think people aren't still shitting in the woods and hitting each other with swords in the distant future.

Requesting source on that cropped image

At the time, I imagine the current level of technology would be around the Bronze Age.

DELETE THIS

Who is Ebonarm?

One of the twins, cousins of Ebonheart

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ebonarm

>Not knowing the meme.
While you're here, can you tell me what CHIM is?

Reman Cyrodiil

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:CHIM

Can you explain enantiomorph?

What has ESO done that is good?

Blessed us with the glory that is endlessly repeating ESO arguments every single thread.

From a purely MMO perspective, I like it a lot about it. The world is nice, the voice acting good, and the freedom to play your way is nice too. The RvRvR is fun.

From a lore perspective, there's a few things I like, and a lot to hate.

I actually like that it contradicts some aspects of the main game lore, as long as it does so in ways that aren't lame. The reason I like this is because it makes the main games more unreliable as far as historical events are, which is appropriate for elder scrolls lore. There should be contradictions.

Then again, I don't like that it changes a lot of the lore in lame ways. Jungles, mary sue princesses, all the factions that hate each other somehow getting along, etc, etc. I would have liked it better, if instead of being focused around a war of three political factions, each with largely the same capabilities, the game story factions were about wars between guilds/houses, all with different capabilities.

It would have been cool to have a mages vs fighters vs. thieves faction v faction wars. Sort of like how starcraft has factions with very different types of units, limiting classes to certain factions would have been really cool from a balance and pvp perspective.

Oh, and trainwiz, if you're in here, I have a question for you about one of the scripts in your Unique Uniques mod for Fallout 4. Specifically, the regenerating ammo script: does it have a limit to the amount of ammo that is regenerated hardcoded into it? I didn't see that as a parameter.

The Orsinium DLC
Bosmer antlers
Khajiit naming
Memeogorath actually doing something with insanity
Siege weaponry
I've thought for a good 10 minutes and that's all I can scrounge up from what I've played.

Couple things come to my mind.
Mintaur/Morihaus heritage
Maormer
Trinimac
The Green Pact
Dark Brotherhood
Thieves Guild/Outlaw
Redguard pantheon
And it expanded many things that Bethesda was too scared or didn't dare to expand

>Khajiit naming
But ESO's Khajiiti naming is not even remotely good.

It establishes a set of rules, and then never adheres to them.
So, first of all it introduces the concept of feminine and masculine honorifics. Fine.
The way they're divided is pretty dumb, but sure, I could see gendered honorifics. There's even arguably some indication of it in the lore.

The first problem is that it's not consistent with how it uses the honorifics. Despite the game stating that the honorifics are feminine, there's men that use "Dra", "Daro", and possibly "La". The same is true for the masculine honorifics "Dar", "Do", "Dro", "J/Ja/Ji", "Jo", "Ri". That's every masculine honorific.
Seriously, the only gendered honorific that's not used by someone of the opposite sex is "Ko" (used for respected healers, mages, and scholars), which is for some reason feminine.
But sure, let's say this is fine. It might just be that some people use opposite gender titles for no apparent reason.

Refishing for interest if anyone wants to test some Scrollhammer 2E on Maptools. Not in the mood to program today.

It's also worth noting that Jobasha (Douglas Goodall) gave us the original honorifics, and never said anything about them being feminine or masculine. ESO doesn't just make their own and original honorifics gendered, they divide up the old ones as well.
Female Khajiit didn't tend to have honorifics in Morrowind (or not mark them with ' or -), but whenever they've had honorifics in Oblivion and Skyrim, they've used them without any indication of a gendered divide.

Then there's the fact that double honorifics is outrageously common in ESO, despite this being established as a taboo. Every single character using "Ko" (which means that the character is respected) uses it as their second honorific (which is how people lose respect for you). It makes no sense.
I mean, even the woman writing the ESO book on honorifics uses two. And one of them is masculine.

In all of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, there's six Khajiit with two honorifics. No Khajiit in any book in any main game up until now has two honorifics.
In ESO, there's five Khajiit with honorifics just in the Temple of the Crescent Moons on Khenarthi's Roost.
/rant

But user, it's night and I need to sleep.
>tfw need to go to work on a sunday

>2016
>sleeping

Sorry, but Vaermina is calling for another seven hour romp in her realm before I have to get up and work.

Is rough being called in on a Sunday. That is okay. Go be responsible.

This would be a lot easier if I could harass people on weekdays.

Will you two just fuck already.

No, they require sleep.

Carry on. As you were.

New game theories?

Hammerfell with High Rock & Orsinium DLC pls

Why are Bosmer considered pathetic?

Small penises

They're diminutive and the males are all fugly, annoying, manlet pests. And then the 'oh no, our Valenwood plants are sacred'. If it weren't for the cannibalism and the wild hunt they'd have no redeeming features.

>New game theories?
Let's not, that well is dry as fuck, and it's brought up every single thread.
It's completely uninteresting at this point.

Funny, I feel the same way about chim now

And no one was talking about that either.

Imagine being Bosmeri men.
>Short
>Ugly
>Whiny
>Annoying
>Can only eat meat
>Horrible protein farts all day
>Cant harm plants in Valenwood
>Can't even use some leaves to wipe your ass.
>Have to eat your little brother because you accidentally shot him in an archery contest.

Being a Bosmer is suffering.

Imga

Something I enjoy a great deal in TES is the ambiguity and room for interpretation that's present in-universe. It's not just us that can disagree about how a certain religion works or how worship of a deity should be done, but the people of Tamriel themselves very much disagree about these things.
A great example is from Daggerfall, about how the worshippers of Mara appear to be in internal theological conflict about the concept of "necessary violence". Basically the Maran Knights, a military order dedicated to a goddess of love and peace, creates some problems for the Benevolence of Mara.
That stuff is great, and I want more of it.

It's also a great way for the player to immerse himself, as your character gets a chance to see this sort of conflict and take a stance.
Should the Maran Knights be disbanded? Is it sometimes necessary to do harm to promote peace, and can you do so without breaking your religious obligations?
Even deciding that your character doesn't care about the issue says something about him.

Maybe not right at this moment, but it would be silly to pretend it's not talked to death
It would be more interesting to talk about near-chim at this point, super powerful beings but not demigods.
The extent of their power while still bound by the imitations of existence.

Did you know you can zero-sum someone?
>“I am Kena Warfel Tomasin, and I can prove that Akatosh, Nirn, and Oblivion are one,” said Warfel, writing out the mathematical formula that showed it was so.
>“I am Kena Zombel Mokafa, and I can prove that you do not exist,” said Oin. He wrote out the mathematical formula, which proved correct, and Kena Warfel Tomasin vaporized on the spot.

More like he Kena zero-sum someone

my fucking sides
i might be slightly tired

>men aren't the gorgeous ones
Honestly one of Kirkbride's weaker concepts tbqh

You know what would be really interesting?
CHIM

Kena?

So is the ESO lore really that bad or is it mostly grumpy old men on Veeky Forums?

Kena what
Kena scrib jelly?
Kena saltrice?

I don't get it, sorry

Yes.
It does some retarded shit but a lot of the hate is /v/-tier "stop liking what I don't like", or meming about frivolous points.
For instance, it's interesting to learn where flame atronachs live, since they seem to be a staple of daedra but didn't really have a proper origin.
Similarly, that "coldflame" atronach is just stupid since frost atronachs are already a thing. Why not just have solid-air atronachs while you're at it

It's generally just shoveling in as much of muhdeeplore as possible. It's not terrible in all of its attempts, but the good is vastly outweighed by the bad.

Some of it is passable, some of it is bad. Unfortunately I cannot pick and choose, and for me the sum is ultimately negative. So I disregard it entirely.

>It's generally just shoveling in as much of muhdeeplore as possible
And in the most generic and unimportant way.

My bad, lemme try this again.
How can Pelinial Whitestrake possibly be a ROBOT from a future advanced enough to make ROBOTS, when the Crusader's Relics are all standard medieval weapons & armor instead of the wrist lazer and mechanical chasis and Autobot matrix interpretations that the meme sprung from?

The Ebony Warrior from Skyrim.

Kek

Because the relics weren't made by the same entities who made Pelinal.

>Mintaur/Morihaus heritage
That was Kirkbride. They just happened to use it.

As far as we know, they do shoot lazers and shit, we just don't know how to make it do so
If we sent a smartphone with gorrilaglass screen back in 1300s, they'd just get a weird long hammer.

Already gave em last thread fampai

Why the FUCK aren't there any Imga is ESO
And no the "Imgakin" don't count

It's also probable that the killing light is part of Pelinal himself, not his equipment.

CONTRADICTIONS
O
N
T
R
A
etc.

cuuuuuute

I-I was being serious...

It even has tusks!

Some people say Bethesda didn't allow it, but I don't have any source.

Either that or they didn't want to bother with a new, weird race.

And pathetic.

That's why it's cute :#
More animals need tusks

Hi, tuskwiz.

I think they said "naw fuck that shit nigga we out" or however monkeys talk when the war started and buggered off with the migrating trees to who knows where.

>Bosmer antlers
first I've heard of this

Bosmer are literally european gypsies in large groups. Brb, gonna create a Bosmer refugee camp in Morrowind where all the inhabitants whine, bitch, and the non-Bosmer complain of the stench.