Red Throat Ghoul Quest Redux 5

You are the Red Throat Tribe.

Undead ghouls animated by the sentient bacteria calling itself the Red Rot. Once enslaved to a necromancer you have broken free to create a new home for yourselves deep in the dark catacombs under the bustling metropolis of Meldric.

You are not alone down in the Dark.

You have made powerful enemies and close friends with the denizens of the undergrounds. The monstrous and the mutated look to your Tribe and the leadership of Chieftain Jaw for protection and guidance, the radiant light of your power guiding and shielding them from the horrors and cruelty that surround them.

Centered around your tribe an alliance of the various tribes and groups that struggle to survive. Mobile and sentient fungal creatures your closest allies, the first of your friends upon your Enlightenment, fight and die and farm alongside you. An ever growing family of Crocodilian mutants follow your example, protecting the weak with their fearsome might. An ancient and alien intelligence finds itself growing more attached to those it helps to protect at your urging. A family and village of hidden mutants, nearly broken by your own but healing and regaining strength, opens its arms to the refugees and discarded from the surface. A bizarre undead tutors and guides your siblings in profane arts, their cruel rituals turned to the betterment and protection of the Tribes.

Yet you have made many enemies as well. Surfacers fear and suspect you of atrocities or hunt and terrorize you and your allies. Monstrous creatures hunt and prey on the weak, mutants and undead stalking the tunnels in their eternal hunger. Alien minds, ancient and malevolent, twist and warp the dreams and bodies of the weak-willed into their pawns to spread chaos and fear. In many ways the Tribes acting as a buffer to protect the surface world from the horrors of the Dark.

You are the Red Throat Ghouls and the City above fears you. Time will tell if that fear is unfounded or rightfully deserved

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=red throat ghoul quest
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/jyoti/type/op/
twitter.com/CeroTheNull
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Welcome back to the Red Throat Ghoul Quest!

Current Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=red throat ghoul quest
Old Archive: archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/jyoti/type/op/
Twitter: twitter.com/CeroTheNull

This is the Red Throat Ghoul Quest where you play as a tribe of undead Ghouls as they live and grow in the tunnels and sewers under a metropolis thick with danger and pollution. There are many enemies that would love to do the tribe harm but the tribe does have friends to help it in it's times of need.

Previously the Tribe had interrupted a Ripper abduction, bringing the infected to their home for study by Tatters and Dust the Tribe's mad researchers.

The Roaches are discovered to be expanding their brood and increasing their power in the underground as they hunted for undead.

The rains continued to fall on Meldric as the hurricane neared and the city braced itself for landfall.

Fear and Claw had their meeting with the Mayor, convincing him to look into the ownership of the Creswen Manor with promises and bribes.

Jaw ruminated on her old life with Bone only to be interrupted as something attacked the ghouls investigating the overgrown greenhouse.

Leader: Chieftain Jaw

Population: 15 Enlightened, 115 Human Ferals, 95 Hobgoblin Ferals, 11 Orc Ferals, 58 Goblin Ferals, 1 Troll Feral, 2 Ogre Ferals, 5 Radiant Ferals

Prisoners: 4 Ripper infected (3 humans, 1 hobgoblin)

Livestock: 46 Murkhounds, 20 Clackers, 25 Centipedes

Bases: Sepulcher (Home), Reservoir, Abandoned Mansion, Industrial Outpost (joint Fungal operation)

Guests: Sweetie

The Unity's daily report mentions little movement from the insectoids besides scouting parties of murkhounds ridden by solitary roaches. Sightings of the Skum have reappeared despite Talon and the Crocodilians killing several of the mutated Siluro before the rest fled into dark depths.

It also reports that the Snapped Anvil, or rather the brothers Leon and Don, is requesting a meeting with the Ghouls to discuss their trade and other matters.

Tatters and Dust have not been seen since the night before although there were sounds of shouting and barked orders with guttural growling, only quick messages sent through their feral assistants that all was well.

Whatever had attacked the feral goblin seemed to have fled the greenhouse, another feral discovering a faint trail of blue blood leading from an empty pane to the distant copse of trees in the foothills. The group resume their search, this time much more mindful of the potential danger in the strange surface structure.

Jaw and Bone return home, the crafter ghoul secluding himself in his workshop as he drew up plans for repairing and enhancing the mansion.

There is much to be done and tend to.
Select two actions
>Hunt (What?)
>Diplomacy (Who?)
>Investigate (What?)
>Recruit (Who?)
>Research Magic (Tatters/Dust/Bug Occupied)
>Other

>Diplomacy Snapped Anvil
>Diplomacy goblins

Yep !

We do have to deal with sweetie one of these days as well... I DON'T want to see what Jyoti has in store for us :^D

Yes we do need to do something about sweetie be tatters and dust are both occupied still.

I think the goblins have had time to get over the oddness of the situation, yea, seconding this as well.

>>Other
Start constructing your own flame throwers and training ghouls on how to safely use them.

>Diplomacy Snapped Anvil

>Diplomacy goblins

Who shall you dispatch to these factions or visit first?

>Jaw
>Fist
>Bone
>Shield
>Fang

>Jaw to Snapped Anvil first
>Fang to goblins

Also available
>Fear

Currently the Tribe has two made with a pair of hobgoblin ferals being imprinted to use them spraying the centipede's paralytic slime but can be switched to a different fluid

>Snapped Anvil
Shield and Jaw maybe? Jaw should be able to help smooth talk the situation and show them that an alliance is important to us.

>Goblins
>Fang

So...why are we talking to Snapped Anvil? They're still traumatized by what Sunder did to them, and Shard is still pissed at us for that. What exactly do you intend to say to them?

Upon hearing that the Snapped Anvil wished to talk Jaw knew she couldn't pass up the opportunity and set to gathering a group of ferals to accompany her. Shield volunteers to join and helps the ferals load up a sledge of fungal crops and goods. Fist wanted to join but Jaw convinced him to stay just in case a situation arose with Tatters and Dust's "patients". Setting out into the tunnels they have Unity pass along a message and the terrapins reply saying they will be waiting.

The path to the Snapped Anvils was regularly patrolled by feral murkhound riders as they kept watch for Siluro and other dangerous beasts and was thankfully peaceful. Toads and rats of varying size and shape scurry or flee before them and soon they neared the small outpost the two tribes had unofficially created for their trades and conversations. A firepit next to a nearly overflowing sewer river was burning bright as the pair of brothers cooked skewers of fish. A mutated human with patches of blue scales emerges from the passage in the wall to the small room dug into the stone carrying a large bottle only to let out a shout of surprise as a goblin feral hops down from the ceiling to land next to him, sniffing curiously.

Jaw and Shield approach and the pair of brothers stand to smile and greet them. Shield shakes Don's hand only for the inquisitive reptile to not let go and hold her metal-shod arm out and inspect the over-lapping plates laced with fleshgrafted muscle and sinew. Amused the hobgoblin lets the tinker look over the limb as she uses her free hand to chew on the offered skewer.

Seating themselves around the fire the Enlightened let the feral pass off the offered supplies to the handful of mutants that had joined the brothers.

What shall they speak about?

SOrry for delay there folks, laptop was giving me grief

What indeed

Ask what they want to talk about and if there is everything we can do to help with getting raphael now hands.

Fleshcrafting doesn't work on the living.

That why I don't say Fleshcrafting.

Jaw bows her head in greeting to the blue-tattooed terrapin, "I'm glaad you conntacted us, Leon. We Red Throat, esspecially I, value the frienndship of the Clan. Whaat can we do for you?"

Leon bows his head in return and passes her a skewer threaded with an eel, "So do we. That is why I called you here. Father Shard believes it a mistake to be too close with your tribe, says no good can come from associating with the undead."

Shield frowns but Don pats her metal arm then releases it to sit next to his brother, "Don't worry, we believe your good intentions. Both Mikal and Rath told us it was that chained wight that encouraged Sunder to betray you," he says, not noticing how Shield clenched her fist tightly at the name.

Nodding Leon continues, "Yes, we know your tribe has been nothing but generous to us. Our Clan has never been safer with Grubbilech and her family patrolling our waters or our bellies as satisfied with the food you trade. In fact, part of the reason I called you here was to request an increase to the trade. Our numbers have grown. Refugees from the surface have come to us for protection from the hurricanes like every year but also to avoid the attacks from Rippers and the prejudiced."

Jaw nods, Fear had mentioned how violence against the mutated and grotesque on the surface had increased, "I will speeak with Bug about this," she pauses, "How aare Rath and Mikal?"

The brothers glance at each other then Leon says, "Mikal is walking again, sort of. With crutches he can move around and he is determined to get stronger," he lets out a sigh, "Rath though, he's not good. He's either moping in his room or training in a fury."

Don nods, "I made him some gauntlets to protect his hands and so he could still fight with his blades but I can tell it's not enough for him. We think he's been going to the surface, to do what, we don't know. I've been trying to work on someway to return his hands to normal but creating prosthetics is beyond me. Only the College knows how to make mechanical limbs like what he would need," he says with a depressed shrug.

"Whaat is needed to help fix him?" Jaw asks

Scratching a dent in his shell Don thinks a moment, "Well from what I've gathered the College Mages use Shadow spells to animate their golems and prosthetics. Similar to Homonculus creation but without the whole ripping a living soul from a body to animate an organic construct," he shrugs again, "But I doubt the Mages would be willing to lend their aid even if we asked nicely."

Leon nods then turns to Jaw, "There was another reason I called you here, a reason that Shard would forbid me from ever contacting you again if he knew," he says with sudden seriousness then waves off their clan-mates who retreat into the small room, "A favor really."

Jaw leans in, the curiosity apparent on her face, "Go on."

The terrapin sighs heavily, "A friend of ours, a mutant human, actually made this request," he says as the group emerges carrying a human female with large compound insectoid eyes laying on a stretcher, Jaw recognizing her as one of the caretakers of the Clans Murkhound pack.

She was heavily bandaged, one arm ended in a stump at her elbow. Already the ghouls could smell the blood and pus as she lay there unconscious and Leon continues, "Sera was out in the tunnels tracking down a few stray murkhounds when she was attacked. Claimed it was an umber hulk that had a colossal roach with a skull for a face riding it. Said they were stealing the murkhounds and that she could hear the voice of the Roach in her head," he shakes his head, "Shard says she is hurt too bad, almost as bad as Fear who only survived because he's a Ghoul. She made a request, when she woke up today.

She wants to become a Red Throat. She wants to survive so she can protect her family and pack," he says with a voice that went flat with the effort to control his emotions.

Does the Tribe accept Sera's request?
>Y/N?

>Yes and we will make the roaches will regret doing this when we find them.

Jaw moves to kneel by the woman laid out on the stretcher, glowing eyes looking over her then to Leon, "She will become Red Throat and be given a new life."

Drawing a knife from her belt she calmly slices the back of her hand, dark blood pooling then dripping across Sera's chin before landing in her open mouth. Fist clenched Jaw watches as she grants her the gift of the Red Rot, "Life anew, through Death," she intones, the words fresh in her mind.

The mutants watch in silence as Jaw feeds the new convert her own blood until the wound scabs over and heals rapidly. She nods to Shield and the hobgoblin quickly helps the attendant mutants carry the injured woman to the sledge and secure her before disappearing into the darkness to get her to the Sepulcher where she would be fed Radiant Blood.

Jaw wipes away the dried blood from her healed wound standing across the fire from the terrapins, "She will haave her nnew life. I promise yoou the Roaches will pay. She will haave her vengeance."

Leon nods, "Good. Keep in touch," he says simply before turning and motioning for the others to gather their supplies and head out.

Don lingers to deliver a warning, "I am not sure if you know this but I would prepare yourselves for the floods. With the yearly hurricane many tunnels flood for several days and the water grows thick with salt. Be careful, be safe."

"Yoou as well, Don. Give my regaards to your brothers," she pauses then adds, "And your faather. Tell him we still regrret our role. Our families aare stronger together," she says before they part ways

First of all, is there any hope she may live and make a recovery? Your father is exceedingly skilled in the medical arts, and I would be loathe to antagonize him further by taking one of his patients into my family. That being said, if there is no hope of her living a full life among your tribe...then we may be able to induct her in a fashion that preserves a part of who she was when she was alive.

(I'm referring to feeding her lots of radiant ones blood like we did with sunder)

God dammit why am I always late with my write ins

Whoops, sorry about that

Not long after Jaw and Shield left a Unity eye approached Fang within the murkhound den where he was meditating, the absolute darkness letting him connect to the shadows that made his form blurry even in the psychic vision of the slime. It reported that Chief Loor had returned from his trip and that the large goblin tribe was in the midst of preparing themselves for the hurricane, tunnels blockaded with bags packed full of dirt and sand.

It wasn't long before Fang gathered a handful of his murkhound riders, their mounts carrying packs of mushroom food and a cask of beer and guided them out into the tunnels. The swift murkhounds were able to avoid any wandering enemies as they made their way to the goblins territory in the upper level of the utility tunnels. The sound of rushing water was ever present, the underground rivers of rainwater and sewage overflowing their edges in areas, driving swarms of rats darting past the murkhounds in search of dryer locations.

Near where they first encountered the goblin sentries Fang purposely steps on a tripwire that sends the goblins alarm system of scrap metal and broken glass chimes jangling madly. To his relief it was the same hobgoblin from the group before who arrived with a group of shouting goblins. Recognizing the undead goblins sitting on their nervously chittering murkhounds he gives a shout to calm them. Waving with a nervous smile he then shouts at a goblin to go get the Chief.

It did take long before Chief Loor arrived at the head of a large group of goblins and larger bodyguards. Stepping off the palanquin made from a padded chair and scrap metal he looks at Fang, squinting in the torchlight, "So ye' came back, eh? Where's the big rotter?"

Fang gives a small bow, standing next to his murkhound, "Sister Jaaw is busy. Sennt me to speaak with you."

Loor runs a pudgy hand across his bald scalp, "Fast aintcha? Jus' got back from seein' Big Chief Gyr. He's quiiiiite interested in ye' rotters."

Fang frowns slightly, "Donn't call us rotters. We're ghouls."

Chief Loor lets out a bellowing cackle that's picked up by the goblins packed into the tunnel behind him, "Alrigh' Ghoulie. Whateva ye' say. Gyr wants to speak to Jaw, chief to chief, y'know? When ye' sister finds the time if she ain't ever too busy for the likes o' me, I can guide her to the Big Chief."

Fang frowns at the implied insult but says nothing, his glowing eyes squinting but he shrugs, "I will paass the message," he tilts his head with a sudden grin, black fangs glinting in the torchlight, "How waas the beer?"

Loor blinks then lets out another laugh, "Excellent stuff! It was what made Big Chief decide to talk to ye'. Kept the remainder of the keg," he says remorse only to brighten at the sight of the cask that took a goblin feral two hands to carry, "Oh ye' shouldn' have!" he exclaims and motions to a hobgoblin to take it.

Fang grins, "Ye' right' we shouldn' have," he says in a perfect imitation of the goblin chief who can only laugh once more.

Big Chief Gyr wishes to speak to Jaw. Should Fang speak to Chief Loor about anything?

Yes tell them to start repairing the tunnels and we will give guards if the need it and pay in beer or gold or food simply fixes the tunnels so we all don't drown or something else kills us from the lack of repairs.

That's something we need to discuss with the big chief so all the goblin tribes will return to work

Okay then what should we said then.

Okay forgot what I said I think Big Chief Gyr was in the same room as we were.

Nothing to say. Give them the stuff and let's move onto the next day. We need to wrangle us some rats

Well, we could always use information, and he is the closest chief, even if he's not the big chief.

See if we can establish a regular delivery of beer in exchange for something, either helping to clear out some of the tunnels that are the most far gone, or helping us get ready for the floods ourselves.

Have we actually done anything about the hurricane actually? I don't think we have.

Actually I support that. Getting goblin help to prepare for floods would be helpful.

Convince the goblins to help prepare for the hurricane
>Y/N?

>>Y

Hate to do this but I need to take a break to acquire sustenance before everywhere closes.
Don't worry thread will be going on for sometime tonight. I didn't wake up until 1pm today from staying up all night for HQQ so well rested.

>Y
Everyone that helps gets free beer.

>Y

Fang makes a vague motion indicating the tunnels, "We see yoou are prepaaring for the floods," he says simply

Chief Loor leans against the gnarled club he used as a cane, "We are. Floods come, we dig in," he squints suspiciously, "Why?"

"We aare...new to these tunnels. Firrst floods we haave seen," Fang explains.

The goblin shakes his head, large ears heavy with copper and bronze rings shaking and jangling, "Ye' don' know what yer in for. Betta get to work soon."

Grinning his black fanged, too-wide grin Fang points to the cask with a long bone claw, "How about we paay you. Anny goblin thaat wishes to come help mmy tribe prepaare for the floods will be paaid in beer and food."

Roll me 1d100 best of first 3

Rolled 37 (1d100)

Rolled 52 (1d100)

Rolled 80 (1d100)

Chief Loor had hardly opened his mouth when there was a sudden outcry of goblins shouting over one another to volunteer, waving their hands eagerly. Fang lets out a croaking laugh as Loor turns and starts shouting at his subjects while waving his club over his head menacingly.

After several minutes and even more threats the gang of goblins had been calmed down enough for Loor to turn back to Fang. His face was flushed from shouting and walloping a goblin in the gut when they tried to step past him but he grinned at the ghoul, "I think ye' got yer answer. Come back tomorrow and the firs' group will be ready to help ye'. Believe me though, ye' might be underestimatin' how much a goblin can swill."

Fang gives a small bow that the goblin chief returns the gesture, "Donn't you worry, Chief Loor. Red Throat are good for it."

~

"You do realize you've doomed us all right?" Fear asks as Fang grins and shrugs, "They're going to drink everything we have," he says with no real anger in his voice

"Better thaan drowning, I guess," Bone says, "We do need to prepaare ourselves for the floods. I'll guide them, donn't worry."

>Chief Loor's tribe is sending goblins to help prepare the Ghouls territory for the upcoming floods

Uh... we should probably divert some extra beer to making sure they have enough. Make sure we make a good impression.

Upon Jaw and Shields return with Sera Tatters and Dust are summoned from their lab. Sporting fresh splashes of blood they ignore Jaw's questioning look and move to help the infected mutant. Taking her to the prison to keep her from the lab and Sweetie they inspect her wounds before feeding her a generous amount of Radiant blood through a funnel, the barely surviving woman coughing around the rubber hose. The original Radiant, a female human, sits by her side when they leave, tenderly stroking the mutated womans hair and cooing softly.

Sweetie sat in his storage room, chewing on fish after awakening from his food coma. His head sways side to side like a serpent as he stared at the wall. It took Fist a few minutes to realize after bringing the mutant undead a new batch of food that Sweetie was staring in the direction of their latest convert. That night the pair of ogre ferals slept pressed up against the bars of the prison, sealing it behind a wall of flesh.

Yeah, there is no way we can produce enough beer to feed these thirsty little bastards.

Leader: Chieftain Jaw

Population: 15 Enlightened, 115 Human Ferals, 95 Hobgoblin Ferals, 11 Orc Ferals, 58 Goblin Ferals, 1 Troll Feral, 2 Ogre Ferals, 5 Radiant Ferals

Prisoners: 4 Ripper infected (3 humans, 1 hobgoblin)

Livestock: 46 Murkhounds, 20 Clackers, 25 Centipedes

Bases: Sepulcher (Home), Reservoir, Abandoned Mansion, Industrial Outpost (joint Fungal operation)

Guests: Sweetie, Sera (infected)

The next day Unity reports that the Skum have suddenly disappeared much to the disappointment of the Children. The slime also states that Shard is quite unhappy with Leon and Don's decision to hand Sera over to the ghouls but he points out that he only secluded himself in his chambers instead of forbidding them from interacting with the ghouls. Leon claims that was a good thing.

Fang departs with Bone to retrieve the goblins and they are met with nearly thirty eager goblins waiting for them with their own sledges loaded with bags and bricks of clay, mud and sand. Bone speaks with several goblins that call themselves Foremen and soon they are out in the tunnels at the borders of the ghouls territory, creating walls in the tunnels leading to the sewers rivers.

Bug and Echo report from the mansion grounds that they are nearly ready to conclude their findings, the Sporemancer busying itself with growing a patch of the Network in the basement and tunnels under the house. It had mentioned how strange the tunnels seemed to continue into the foothills despite lacking the presence of buildings for them to connect to.

Tatters and Dust finally emerge from their lab and call for Jaw and Fist to join them.

Inside the pairs laboratory they are treated to the sight of four dead Rippers spread out on the tables with their bodies flayed open for dissection. Two intact Rippers sat on the tables they were chained to, murky eyes staring at them as they chewed and gnawed on bones with their large jaws crowded with rows of fangs. Large hands with talons like knives gripped the bones, their forearms as red as their chins and throats.

Fist stood there with his hands on his mandible swords but Jaw looks at them curiously from a safe distance, "Aare they Red Throat?" she glance to Tatters, "Or Ripper?"

Tatters approaches the new undead and holds out a hand, the ripper leaning in to sniff at her hand then pressing their head into her palm like some large murkhound searching for attention. Shrugging Tatters helps brush away the hair that comes free with each stroke of her hand, "They aare both. The Red Rot saays they are...safe but I caan't feel them like a feral. Like they arenn't...there."

Jaw nods, "I noticed thaat. Those two?" she points to the other infected that Fear and Claw brought home

"Theey arose, fully Ripper. Their sstrain devoured the Red Rot. They trried to kill these onnes and us," Dust says as she stands next to them, wiping her hands of blood with a stained rag of fungal cloth, "The Red Rot says these ghouls are Red Throat."

Tatters rolls her eyes, "The Red Rot impliied but diidn't say for sure."

>Two Ripper Red Throat have arisen.

With the power and strength of a Ripper Ghoul they are nonetheless infected with the Red Rot and appear capable of following the verbal commands of the Red Throat Enlightened. Tatters and Dust have varying opinions on the loyalty of the ghouls but the Red Rot entity claims they are Red Throat now.

There is much to be done and tend to.
Select two actions
>Hunt (What?)
>Diplomacy (Who?)
>Investigate (What?)
>Recruit (Who?)
>Research Magic (Tatters/Dust/Bug Occupied)
>Other

>Investigate (Roaches)
Have we heard much from the roaches lately?

They seem to be resting and scouting for more of the Undead vaults. Unity reported discovering a nest of them located in the Industrial sector where roach nymphs and umber hulk grubs were growing

Lets see if we can raid that place then. Get some Umber Hulk grubs of our own to raise.

>>Research Magic
Fleshcrafting. We know who to perform it on our fellow ghouls with skill at this point, but is there any way we could safely apply such skills to other undead or the living? Let's get Tatters and Dust to see what they can do.

Maybe we can Fleshgraft a more durable body for Sweetie

That's what I was hoping for in the short term, with replacing the limbs Rath and Michal lost as a long term goal.

Choices seem to be
>Raid Roach nest for umber hulk grubs
>Y/N?

>Research Fleshgrafting (Tatters and Dust)
>Y/N?

Can we do both? If not, I'd say we focus on research, but if we can I'd say we should go for it. A good hit against them just before the floods should help prevent them from mounting a counter attack while striking a blow just before a natural disaster should only make the flooding hit them harder in the end.

Yup they count as two separate actions

>Y
>Y
These two actions would be performed by different groups of ghouls, so we can opt to do both, right?

Also, have Bug put whatever he's doing on hold so he can help tame some umber hulks during this raid.

>y
>y

also supporting let's get Bug to help. he's the insect shaman

>Raid Roach nest for umber hulk grubs
>Research Fleshgrafting (Tatters and Dust)

Roll me 2d100 best of first three please

Rolled 36, 64 = 100 (2d100)

Rolled 61 (1d100)

Rolled 87, 70 = 157 (2d100)

Are we allow to roll more than once? If we're not allow don't count this roll.

Rolled 54, 82 = 136 (2d100)

Sorry I only rolled once

Rolled 70, 62 = 132 (2d100)

>Y
>Y
I'm also fine with taking Bug.

Sorry, got distracted by the wife.

Jaw and Fist discussed the Roach presence as they ate their morning meal of grilled fish and mushrooms and eventually decided it was time for a preemptive strike against them as they languished after their successful hunt. A message is sent through the Unity to the bathtub in the mansion that the slime had claimed and an eyeball sent to retrieve Bug and send him home.

As they waited for his return the prepared themselves. Shield and Fist helping the ferals equip themselves while Fang passed out the clay spheres containing the potent clouds of spores among his goblins.

Tatters sat and picked at her food as Jaw inspected her own gear, speaking to her and Dust about the plight of the terrapin brothers.

Dust frowns, "It'ss regretful Fleshgraafting does not work on the liiving but-"

Tatters interrupts, "We've nnever tried it. Who knnows," she says with a shrug and a creeping grin.

Jaw rolls her eyes and waves them off, "Go aheaad, jusst be careful. Punra creaated Sweetie's predicament. Who knnows what it coould cause with the living."

Dust frowns at that but her mood is far from dampened, the prospect of new experiments driving her forward. Goblins not currently being prepared for battle are sent into the tunnels to capture the giant rats that scurried through the sewers and to retrieve several clacker juveniles.

>Fleshgrafting research is well under way

It didn't take long for both Bug and Echo to arrive, the goblin claiming she was due vengeance against the roaches. Dart staying behind with the Sporemancer to keep it company until they returned, the fungal still working on growing a new infestation of the Network.

With their forces prepared they march into the tunnels. Fang and Echo scout ahead with their murkhound riders, the main forces guided by Fist and Shield as Jaw and Bug hang back.

The Red Throat chief looks to the chitin covered hobgoblin who stroked the black, jointed limbs holding a lump of amber that clung to his arm, "Reaady, Brother Bug?"

He looks over, large compound eye glinting and his mandibled lips twist into a gruesome grin, "Alwaays. I've beenn wannting to get umber hullks," he says but his voice betrayed his nervousness. Jaw pats him on the shoulder.

Goblin scouts snipe at pair of strange humanoids that go fleeing into the darkness, the ghouls passing the corpse of some unidentifiable creature they had been picking over. Fang wished he could've followed them but they had a mission and he ignores them lurking just at the range of their echolocation, the ghouls passing by unmolested.

The Unity sends out several eyes from the urn a hobgoblin carried as they stopped to group up and plan their attack. The largest entrance to the roach nest lay further ahead, sitting next to a sewer river thick with pollution and rainwater lapping at the edges. Goblin scouts watch the pair of umber hulks sitting by the rough dug entrance.

How should the ghouls attack?
>Lure them out into ambush
>Charge in
>Attack from multiple entrances
>Other

>>Lure them out into ambush
Always the best option in underdark. Also, what sort of offensive options have we got on hand? Did we bring some of those centipede poison sprayers, and is the troll still healing?

>48087447

The troll is still at home. It's still getting used to it's body again with it's head reattached at an odd angle.

The centipede slime does not seem to affect Roaches or umber hulks but it does affect murkhounds so one of the hobgoblin slimers is present.

Though it looks like most folks have gone to bed so I wonder if I should save the attack for later, either the start of the next thread or tomorrow if this one is still up.

...Is it to late too fill up the sprayers with napalm?

I'm going to go since it's 2 in the morning here, but see you guys later.

but we should have some ghouls ready to block off their retreat if they try to escape out the back door

Bumping this cause I fell asleep last night. You're doing a great job Jyoti, hope you're still having fun with this.

>It's still getting used to it's body again with it's head reattached at an odd angle.
That's some sloppy fleshgrafting Tatters!

Bump

Roll me 3d100 best of first 3

Rolled 69, 12, 81 = 162 (3d100)

Rolled 23, 54, 94 = 171 (3d100)

Rolled 4, 77, 23 = 104 (3d100)

The Curse strikes again, bumping till you're back.

Bump.

>dat94
Looks like we brought the raid, lads.

Bump

The Enlightened gather together and discuss their plan before they split up and begin directing the ferals into position. Fang and Echo guide a handful of their goblin riders through the tunnels at Unity's direction to lay in wait near the closest exit points of the nest, hoping they would be able to cut off the escape of any that tried to flee.

Fist stepped out into the tunnel further down from the umber hulk sentries, a heavy ax in one hand and a goblin crossbow in the other. Aiming one-handed he squints then pulls the trigger. He grins as the bolt scrapes off the arm of one and ricochets noisily against the stone wall, the insectoids letting out a startled bellow as they rose swiftly to their clawed feet.

"Over here you bastaards!" Fist shouts and doesn't have long to wait before the pair are charging him along with the sound of the den rousing to action. Laughing he darts into the tunnel as the beasts lumber after him with surprising speed. They run past black tunnels where ferals wait impatiently, goblins clinging to the ceiling and hiding among the pipes. The tunnels grew narrower as he lead them further in, his hidden ferals he had already passed spotting the reinforcements of umber hulks and murkhounds ridden by roaches.

Skidding to a stop he's handed a shield by a feral and takes his place in the shield wall, ferals leveling their spears as goblins hold their crossbows between the taller ghouls legs. Rounding the corner the first umber hulk bellow at the sight of ghouls waiting for them and begin to charge. There was a rapid series of twangs and a rain of bolts whistle down the dark tunnel to strike the thick chitin, several hitting sensitive joints with one even punching through a compound eye that makes the beast stumble with a squeal of pain.

I think Graves is ded man. It's been 6 hours and no word, I don't think he's coming back.

The line holds steady as the other charges them, their spears aimed for the insectoid but Fist lunges out at the beast. Ducking under a swipe he swings his blade and the thick head of the ax hacks at its leg as it passes, crunching through chitin with a spurt of blood. The umber hulk stumbles then falls with the sudden injury at the foot of the ghouls who waste no time stabbing with their spears or bashing with their shields.

Fist continues his charge and aims himself at the other umber hulk and leaps into the air, the insectoid spreading its massive mandibles wide to catch him. He brings the ax taken from Gurn down and the masterwork ax lodges itself into the beasts skull and it collapses at his feet. Already he could hear the stampede and chittering of the reinforcements so he wastes only enough time to wrench the blade from its head and bring it down again to cease its twitching before retreating back to the line.

The Roaches forces were packed into the tunnels, focused on these foolhardy attackers. Turning the corner Fist spots them, a roach clinging to the back of an Alpha umber hulk at the head. Grinning he then lets out a sharp whistle and the tunnels were suddenly thrown into chaos.

Sporegrenades were dropped from above among the charging insect mutants, cracking open with hisses of pressurized spores that fill the air. Umber hulks begin hacking and coughing, the paralytic spores slowing them down as their bodies shook with the force of their retching. Ghouls charged out from dark tunnels, the Red Rot glowing under their skin as they clashed with the insectoids. Feral orcs lept onto umber hulks with bellows that shook the stone, their knife like talons tearing flatfooted Roaches from their backs and tossing them into the churning mass of ghouls and chitin. The feral that was once Brugal lets out a roar as they snap the mandible from an umber hulks face and swings it hard enough to nearly cut a Roach in half.

Pfthaha, if I had a nickel for every time this has happened to me..

Jaw and Shield guide Bug and a group of ferals into the unprotected burrow as they let Fist and the ferals handle the bulk of their enemies. Goblin echolocation mapping out the narrow tunnels that forced the ghouls to walk two by two, ferals leaping out with spears to stab into blank holes. Ripping them free the long, slime covered bodies of centipedes slowly slide out.

Shadows suddenly grow much thicker before they were set upon by murkhounds leaping from twisting side passages, Bug shouting out in alarm as the ferals instinctively fought back. After striking down their attackers the ferals whimper but Bug pats them soothingly. Passing out sporegrenades Jaw has the hobgoblin feral carrying a heavy tank sloshing with centipede slime step to the front.

They rush their way through the cramped tunnels, the hobgoblin spraying down murkhounds that leaped at them and hogtied by ferals. Centipedes lash out from their hidden holes, several ferals struck down or injured before they were slaughtered.

Floating Unity eyeballs guide them toward the center room and just as they breached the main next Echo and Fang are suddenly reporting their own conflicts as roaches attempted to flee. Umber hulks covered in pale roach nymphs lumber out, only to be peppered by crossbow bolts and engulfed in spore clouds. Urged on by their roach riders the umber hulks lower their heads and charge ahead blindly through the murkhound aura, knocking aside goblin riders.

Inside the nesting den the smell of rotting undead was quite potent in the air, the pile of corpses resting in the center bare of any life. Jaw scowls and kicks at a severed hand but Bug closes his one eye that actually possessed eyelids and his antennae twitch for several moments as the Red Rot and amber glow. Clicking his mandibles rapidly he reaches out a hand and pulls back as if clawing at the air. Emerging from the walls and underneath the corpses came fat brown grubs, their heads armored with stout mandibles clicking at the air.

Cooing Bug scoops one up that wriggles its short limbs, the ghoul feeding it a scrap of discarded meat. Nodding to Jaw and Shield the other ghouls hastily begin scooping up the fat grubs and stuffing them (carefully) into sacks and urns. Retreating the way they came they picked up as many of the stunned murkhounds as they could while cutting free those they couldn't and leaving them behind to recover from their paralysis on their own.

The fury of the ghouls attack had quickly broken the charge of the insectoids and they begin to flee into the darkness, pursued by ferals until Fist and the other Enlightened drew them back. Collecting their injured and dead the ferals fell about to devouring the slain insectoids, their wounds healing as the Red Rot pulsed under their skins.

Roll me 1d100 best of first 3 for looting

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Delicious loot.

Rolled 67 (1d100)

Rolled 23 (1d100)

It would seem ghouls aren't very good looters.

Losses:
>5 human ferals
>3 goblin ferals
>4 hobgoblin ferals

Captured:
>8 Murkhounds
>2 Adult Umber Hulks
>9 Umber Hulk Grubs

Gained:
>Large amount of umber hulk meat
>Large amount of centipede meat
>Centipede chitin