Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do we make Charisma not suck and not get completely eaten up by Intelligence traits/feats? No leadership feats.

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo---investigator-archetypes/spiritualist
d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/ascension-games-llc/technique-feats/titan-technique-combat-technique
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/parry-spell
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spell-turning
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo---magus-arcana/reflection-su
youtube.com/watch?v=2HoniOoYNs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dsp shills pls go and stay go

DSP make superior classes to Paizo, play their classes instead. Do not question this.

Akashit Mysteries PDF when?

How are NJolly's classes thematically vigilante?

I don't know why but looking at that .gif just makes me so angry.

You dont, Leadership, steadfast personality and Noble scion of war are the only things sorcerers have going for them over wizards. The first is often banned while the third can be achieved through taking the diviner school.

On top of that the wizard has more feats, cheaper items, faster progression while the sorcerer is constantly getting nerfed in the form of their items getting fucked.

Really, if the wizard wanted to go social he can take additional traits and take clever wordplay and boom, he's suddenly also a master diplomat.

do you know any way to add WIS to AC( except monk and sacred fist warpriest, not 3rd party)?

Some times ago someone posted an image of a third party feat that let you wield two-handed weapons in one hand.
Could anybody post it?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo---investigator-archetypes/spiritualist
4th level of this is the only way that I know of that's 1p excluding those two things.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/ascension-games-llc/technique-feats/titan-technique-combat-technique
This?

Anyone have a link to Distant Shores they wouldn't mind sharing?
I've wanted to read it for a while but never found it.

Why is kineticst so bad? Why paizo choose to make con-dependant character and then using the shitty burn system? Why don t use wis or cha for the infusion and CD and finding another way than burn for limit the infusions?

STUPENDOUS STRENGTH from one of the DSP monstrous class books.

Because it was never meant to be used outside of occult adventuring .

The reasoning behind it's creation was specific to occult adventures, a la The Fury, Scanners, Firestarter (more her dad than the little girl - she had all the 'eat no burn' feats), the original Puppetmaster, The Omega Factor, and other "if you use physical psychic power you eat damage" movies of the 70's and 80's. It wasn't meant to be an actual blaster class at all.

>No leadership feats.
Instructor Wizard doesn't use feats. Or traits.

How big would you say is a Colossal sized Dagger? it does 3d6 damage.

>have Clumsy Slave
>get your horse galloping and charge someone with a Merciful Lance using Power Attack and Furious Focus in addition to your Spirited Charge, activating Smite Evil and a half-dozen other damage buffs

WHOOPS, CLUMSY ME, EVILDOER!

Speaking of horseback charging, how do AoOs when it comes to deciding who provokes?

Is it the rider or is it the mount?

Given it's a light weapon, it's a Huge (Collossal - 2) object. It's 1 foot in length, per the description of daggers. (If it's that way for halfling daggers, it's that way for titan daggers.)

Have you looked at DSP content? They have better daggers.

I guess the easy thing to do is treat them as one unit for that purpose and then give the attacker the option of aiming for the mount, but I have no actual idea what the rules for mounted combat really are.

Both provoke. Rider is counted as occupying all the mount's squares at once.

Damn, dude

I have to wonder is the reason I can't find it is because Distant Shores was so bad no one bought it?

For a moment I was ready to open PoW:E to check whether it actually has daggers until I realised you're baiting.
You almost got me.

So someone with Combat Reflexes gets to attack both the rider and the mount separately, in dramatically less time as they pass by than an unmounted person?

Int > con > dex > wis > str > shit > cancer > death > kineticist > cha

Yeap. It's not like a 60+ feet pouncecharge makes much sense realistically either.

Thanks, Gareth.

My favourites are the QT mechanic with goggles and the equally QT tea knight.

What was that one feat allowing non-fighters to qualify for weapon mastery feats?

Martial Focus. Surprisingly hard to find on d20pfsrd if you don't know the name, I searched it out the other day and just gave up to find my WMH.

Thanks, mate.

Gonna take a massive penalty on that Bluff check.

Coffee knight is the MC, iirc, pity that the mechanic is a 16-year-old pyromaniac mass-murderer.

Is there a way to wield cards as weapons?

Playing in a modern game, GM is allowing modified PF classes for use; we're securing the futures of our fellow humans by putting down monsters.

TWAS AN HONEST MISTAKE, MY DEAR HERETICAL KNAVE! I ACCIDENTALLY TILTED MY LANCE DOWNWARD WHILE ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT MY DROPPED COINPURSE.

How are you holdin' up this morning, /pfg/?

This week's game was cancelled and next week we take our regularly scheduled first-week-of-the-month off. Not that I'm complaining, really; we're still doing a fuckton pf math accounting for the two year time skip and all the downtime had, along with the GM taking a lot of extra time to practically need to rewrite and reorganize how everything is going to chug on for the last quarter of the campaign.

On that note, I may need help with item suggestions for Wizard nonsense, a Steelhound Investigator, and Sorcerer things. I already have stat buffing and defensive items handled for the most part. Thoughts?

100 damage: -100 penalty on the Bluff check.

Yeah but what's the Sense Motive penalty for taking a hundred damage to the back of the head?

Our last party got along really well but we split up at the end of last arc, and all PCs except one rerolled.

One session in and every member of the new party has tried to attack/cripple/dominate/burn another party member for mostly different reasons.

>have Clumsy Slave
>Did a bit of refluffing
>Old man wizard just needed some help around the house doing some normal cleaning stuff.
>Despite being clumsy, old man is really forgiving. Eventually teaches me magic to help me help around the house.
>Old wizard dies (Read: jolly suicide as he wanted to see what was on the other side). Leaves me paperwork for the house and to become a free slave.
>Paperwork is in order, but the house wasn't properly transferred over to me.
>Get chased out by magical golems.
>Start campaign as a freed slave wizard 1.
>Game ended after two sessions.

Man I miss that character.

I want to play a kitsune Zweihander Sentinel and not suck.

What should I do about my shitty racial stats?

Go into Daring Hero?

is it possible making a character only int and ex dipendent, without making a tier 2 or 3 class?
Using dex and int for out combat roles, like scout, face, textbook, and in combat fill the melee, buffer, debuffer, etc etc?

Daring hero, grab polearm dancer, acquire profit or something of the like.

You mean like Unchained Rogue? Though for melee you also need decent con.

So basically a furry Kilik from Soul Calibur. Kinda cool

is alignment deterministic?

no

how so considering universe itself is deterministic.

Can you please help me building a finesse teisatsu vigilante who is a pirate captain? His crew knows hi real identity, but enemies only know his vigilante identity.

As someone who bought a copy, Distant Shores is pretty fuckin' good.
The vast majority of it is a solid 9/10 (Barring Crystals magical transgender wizard kingdom where women are totes the only potential rulers as set down by Heaven Itself for...reasons!)

Its got great places to go visit, cool ideas, some god damn bitching concepts like the god damn half-flooded greek city that's run by Mythic Heroes who the forecoming of is predicted by cycloptic oracles.
Or the Silver-mine city built over a Chasm and river, run by a Rashaka who keeps the rich rich and the poor starving (Because he's a cunt) which actually has a really, really good example of SUBTLE use of lesbians for once, since the backstory for the area is that it was created by the love of two gods, the god of Chasms and the god of rivers, the span across the chasm is them reaching for each other.
And you don't realize how subtle it is until you notice both of them are goddesses. Totally makes sense and totally not hip-thrust into your face.

Its a fucking good book.

Deadly Dealer

Lucky, I've been wanting to read all about the cool Greek kingdom ran by gods and Cyclops but haven't found a pdf anywhere.

Shouldn't it be in the Trove somewhere? Campaign Setting folder?

>Trove
I've never really actually paid attention to the opening things in "general" threads before

>Barring Crystals magical transgender wizard kingdom where women are totes the only potential rulers as set down by Heaven Itself for...reasons!

Don't forget the setting book includes a homosexual organization called the Iridian Fold, that explicitly states only male/male pairings work in their teachings... And yet, the book goes out of it's way to point out this is bullshit, and there's a splinter organization called the Iridian Choir that can train men to be with women, or women with women.

So the gay organization is a sham but the female-exclusive matriarchy operates entirely on the author declaring any attempt by a filthy guy trying to connect with the throne results in a terrible demise, wonderful. Oh, and don't forget the book goes a long way to describe how wonderful and tolerant this nation is and how it doesn't have any problems except their military of warrior-women (they make that distinction of course, since Golarion is a gender-neutral setting where women serving in the military is not unusual) wants to invade Geb and Nex.

>And you don't realize how subtle it is until you notice both of them are goddesses. Totally makes sense and totally not hip-thrust into your face.

It makes sense, but it just reminds me how *every major relationship in Pathfinder is two girls hooking up*, there is literally only one male/female pairing in Pathfinder and that's Shizuru with her Moon God loverboy.

Why do Legion Archon's Greatsword has 17-20 critical range, when it doesn't have a keen quality??

Is there any way to increase the duration of buffs?
I know Riven Hourglass has a thing where you can consume maneuvers to increase the duration of powers/boosts/spells, but I'm looking for something that works on wondrous items.

And don't they spend like most of their time avoiding one another?

Archons are known cheaters, do not allow them to the table. Or at least make sure they roll their stats in front of you.

As a Stalker with that one Art and a Keen 18-20 weapon, my crit threat range gets to 14-20. Can I improve it further or is that the limit?

Real answer: They have Improved Critical.

>And don't they spend like most of their time avoiding one another?

Yes, the Moon God got murdered and I think part of the deal in bringing him back to life was the two can only bang during Solar Eclipses.

Very tragic.

What happen when you use True Seeing on stuff that has Natural Invisibility (Ex)? Can they even see Invisible Stalker?

There's a teamwork feat in path of war, but you either need to get solo tactics or another stalker in the team. Murderous Insight is a decent choice as it lets you roll twice the first attack each round for its duration and take highest, or the capstone for the Shattered Mirror style line, since as a swift it lets you roll twice and take highest on all the attacks for a single round.

Murderous Insight is only the first attack per round?
I mean, the wording is such a jamboree of fuck I can't really tell what it's meant to be saying, but I can't see how it's only the first attack.
Is there errata for it or something?

That or they take their portfolios of Sun and Moon far too seriously as gods.

Actually this brings up a question; what is your favorite pantheon/gods?
I like the Tian gods even though not much information is given...

>what is your favorite pantheon/gods?
ALSETA
LSETAA
SETAAL
ETAALS
TAALSE
AALSET
ALSETA

Iirc it's somewhere on the DSP FAQ thread on GitP, as I asked for clarification on it. It takes a swift action and 1 ki point to activate, and it should read like "For the duration it's active, you roll twice and take highest on the first attack you make each round."

Tian gods are the best.
> Tsukiyo died
> Shizuru and Qi Zhong help revived him.
> Aroden died
> Sarenrae and Nethys didn't do jack shit.

That makes it significantly worse than I thought it was.
Initially I read it as EVERY attack but I realized it was too good, so I started using it as if it said "if you miss an attack you can reroll it once per round" or something akin to that.
First attack makes it... Well, it's still strong, but now it's a lot less flexible. Still nice for fishing, I suppose. Might retrain out of it, though.

I think the difference here is that Aroden kinda vanished. In fact dead gods can still grant spells and domains, Lissalla for example.
Aroden however can't.

Lissala isn't dead though?

>It makes sense, but it just reminds me how *every major relationship in Pathfinder is two girls hooking up*, there is literally only one male/female pairing in Pathfinder and that's Shizuru with her Moon God loverboy.

Doesn't one of the Avistani gods have a wife? I think? Maybe?

Like, doesn't Erastil, the god of family, have a family?

Is it safe for me to assume basically everyone is single or a woman because Paizo wanted their playerbase plenty of opportunities for their (usually) male characters a shot at boning them?

Thanks. Can't believe I missed something so obvious.

The people who worshipped her are gone, she hasn't been prayed to in a long time.
Odds are she's dead or turned her back on her people.

The idea of Aroden can give you spells though. Which is close enough really.

My party is going to fight against a Devourer soon. Are there any tips or suggestion I should know?

My party is only level 9 and pretty under gear. Actually 2 of them are multiclassing abomination that can't pull their weight in combat.

Is there a wizard/arcanist/sorcerer/whatever archetype that can do pic related or something similar without having to be really high level?

I seem to have missed something while I was asleep. Morning /pfg/.

That's coffee, user. Anastasia's personal symbol is a steaming cup of coffee.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/parry-spell

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spell-turning

And I think some Arcanist exploits

Those are pretty damn high level user.
Surely there's a lesser version or a once per day or SOMETHING out there somewhere, right?
Maybe in 3pp?

Mythic Tricksters are immune to Sense Motive.

There's a really cool item for that in the Book of Great Stuff I Miss From D&D3.5, yeah.

Close. Magus Arcana.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo---magus-arcana/reflection-su

I've had a lot of fun with the Iridian Fold in my own setting.
In my setting they're totally right and only a pair of dudes can be in balance because minds becoming one is one very, very tiny step from bodies becoming one, so if you train groups of three or worse, women who have a thousand potential children in them then in the end all you end up with is a Gibbering Mouther, or in the case of female-female pairings? A shoggoth. One of the duties of Fold members is to kill these pairings/break them up before they make the inevitable mistake and are driven mad.
The PCs had a lot of fun finding that one out since I presented the Choir as totally reasonable and just trying to help people up until their contact with the Choir, a quartet consisting of two heretic pairs, exploded into a mouther after reaching the point where for a Fold pair? They'd become one of mind and find balance

Well, Erastil did knock up Fandarra, who then gave birth to stone giants and dire bears as a result. It's possible he's single so as to avoid destroying the uteri of those who AREN'T giant stone women.

Help: How to make a Gundyr Build?

youtube.com/watch?v=2HoniOoYNs4

Zweihand Sentinel with a glaive

Piercing Thunder
Primal Fury
Fool's Errand

What ranged feats are good?

Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot are mandatory. Rapid Shot, Manyshot, and Deadly Aim are all excellent and nigh mandatory for archers.

This, of course, assumes a bow. Pretty much every other form of ranged combat is usually shit compared to bows.

>Pretty much every other form of ranged combat is usually shit compared to bows.
Well, fuck bows. I'm using Mystic Might of the Archmage.

The fuck is that? And if it works, good for you, I'm just assuming the basics because you didn't put in any parameters.

Shouldn't Fool's Errand get replaced with Broken Blade? Half the moves that guy does are hand-to-hand.

>The fuck is that?
Living Legend Soulknife mind blade form.