Well, what about it now?

Well, what about it now?

Is it the best game or not? Thoughts on chess variants? Anyone want to play?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.lichess.org/Jn1uxnRH
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just because something is popular, doesn't automatically mean it is good.

Chess is the best game at a being chess.

Is she pondering the game before first move was even made? I mean, I might have had some measly 2000 ELO, but I would not sit down to the board without some opening in mind.

Boring wargame without randomness factor but easy to pick up and learn

Perhaps she is waiting for her opponent to show up

So she's not pondering the game, but just pondering in general while waiting for the other player to show up? Yeah, that makes sense.

I've got into it the last few weeks. Got a few good openings and I enjoy making formations and patterns on the board but I swear the better I execute the opening phase the harder I lose.

en.lichess.org/Jn1uxnRH

lets play bros

Maybe she's just bored as fuck. That face looks half dead, there's no attentive, analytical thought in those eyes.

I never got into Chess more because, as I understand it, it's not really about creating your own strategy, it's about memorizing strategeies that players much better than you have come up with, then executing them if you're the one using them, or thwarting them if the other guy is using them. That's fucking boring.

chess 960 yo, get with it

My opinion also. Getting good at chess is about rote memorization, it's a game for the dullest of the dull.

Can't you just not metagame?
I do it all the time.

I hear that a lot but that's only really applicable when you're both at the level of memorizing wrote chess games for 25-odd moves deep. Openings are one thing but can you memorise 50 consecutive chess positions? I fucking cannot. As soon as one or both of you go off the book lines, it falls back to fundamentals and positional reasoning / piece tactics.

This. You all should try roleplaying a bit while playing chess.

>be like 7
>playing against my dad
>mid game
>idk what to do, he suggests something
>listen to him
>he check mates me
>rage quit and cry
>never play chess again

noice

When a game that doesn't change rules gets to be as old and as played as Chess is, eventually it will just devolve into Tic-tac-toe where both players play and counter-play until one makes a mistake.

This.

>babby's first ttg
>prepainted
>only one faction
>same board erratiem

Tourneys have devolved into:
Last player to lapse into a boredom-induced coma wins.

What about Dragonchess?

What about Fairy Chess?

Or cylinder chess?

same here. Chess was okay, until you start the memorization, then it isn't about strategy anymore.

Yup it's 1000 years old and it's BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

I feel retarded even attempting to plan out moves on that thing.

/thread

>until you start the memorization, then it isn't about strategy anymore
Generally speaking - early game is memorization, mid-game is strategy, end game is memorization again. There's more memorization than strategy, but strategy is not completely absent.

She's probably annoyed that at every match she attends a crowd of beta orbiters can't stop taking pictures of her.

>2016
>Still playing Chess
The strictly superior and far more balanced Chess 2 has been out for years. Get with the times.

timechess exists

chess2 is shit

I mean look at all those grown adults who play Nintendo games.