How is an evil sandwich a warrior

How is an evil sandwich a warrior.

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_storylines
youtube.com/watch?v=YGHu87GKmpM
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Artworks:Edge_Imp_Sabres
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Look at the japanese flag on that burger.
It's clearly fighting an internal conflict and can only embrace the common warrior culture that his two belief systems share.

Such tragic sorrow.
Such deep lore.

Because its people!

HUNGRY BURGER IS PEOPLE!!

The more important question would be "what would it be instead of a Warrior". Yugioh isn't designed to print new creature types as easily as MtG, so it had to be something.

>Yugioh isn't designed to print new creature types as easily

true dat. beyond the original creature types from the beginning, it only created two new creature types. both of which are relatively recent. psychics, introduced during syncros, and wurms which were introduced only a few years ago.

unless I missed one.

Hey man, Hastur is apparently a reptile

a reptile!

well at least Azathoth and Nyarlathotep are feinds. which is like demons so its sort of better fit.

one of his avatars is a lizard thing
it is the creature in the background

Fiend?

Beast?

Winged Beast
>Hungry Turkey Burger retrain soon

>ritual summon a card with 2000 fucking attack

What's the point

May as well play polymerization to get that shitty fire zombie card

Or just tribute 1 monster for summoned skull.

the game back then was made for kids who only got the shit they opened from boosters to play other kids at their elementary school playground

And yet the best monsters were from the starter decks for the longest time

What makes it hard to make new creature types?

>Old Entity

Less that it's hard and more that it's just a rule that they don't.

Like how MtG doesn't make new colors every couple blocks.

That requires three specific cards, this requires 2+.

Ritual monsters should've gone in the Extra/Fusion deck, but it's far too late for that now.

yeah. toon world was actually the best deck

Not even close.

Is tribal a big deal or something?

It never was in the US, but in the OCG it was back in 99-00, before they printed equips (basically auras) that could be equipped to any creature in Magic Ruler.

Not sure if You are talking about Yu-Gi-Oh in general but Tribal, Called Archetypes are a huge deal, with most decks using a few archetypes, but there's some "staple" cards and some cards that are generic and good.

the only issue though with archetypes is that they invent 3-4 new ones per pack, with a rare chance of old ones getting more support.

Hell they went back to Black Luster Soldier and Buster Blader, like a decade after their debut

I've heard that but got the impression it cared about card names rather than types (or those elemental alignments on the cards?)

Depends, most use card names, but some cards depend on the type, then there's things like Aromages, which do use the name but gives general Plant Type buffs and TRAINS, that require:
>Level 4 or level 10 exactly
>Earth attribute
>Machine type

well its a combination of everything pretty much

some tribals are types, others attributes, some archetypes (names)

a few are based around card border (normal, spirit, gemini, etc)

hell with XYZ you can build decks based around levels

I was amazed they actually made Monarchs a proper archetype

fiend or beast obviously

it would be Plant if it was a veggie burger!

The notable thing with this is that it's going to be very hard to do a rotation a la Magic the Gathering standard, as you'll need to go out of your way to reprint or otherwise legalise old cards.

Anyways, it seems like Blue Eyes White Dragon is going to have its MAX version printed overseas. I guess its rest its over.

...I get the unfortunate feeling that the Kaiju archetype is incredibly bad.

its mostly thematic, with kaijus beating up each other Highlander style

It's not meta but it's a fun one to fuck around with.

Especially when there's cards like this.

>Such deep lore.

Actually, does the Card Game have lore outside of it being a card game in the manga/show?

Has pic related gotten any better as monster cards get stronger?

Yes.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_storylines

Yes, but it's nowhere near as prominent as in MtG and is more similar to the BW era Pokemon sets, you actually have to look into it and read the (unreleased outside of Japan) guidebooks that go into the lores.

But even then it's a bunch of different stories that don't even take place in the same universe, the oldest one being the story of Gigobyte but the one with the most cards and time devoted to it being the Duel Terminal storyline.

It's a metaphor for the U.S..

there was a massive storyline with the Duel Terminal arcade/series

shit got WEIRD. Like you had a bunch of factions that all hated each other, and then space demons came over and fucked all of them so they all had to band together.

also there are "mini storylines" in some cards such as the story of Gogiga, the different dimension, the Greed Goblin, the kingdom that ended in revoultion.

How does that interact with the 'you can only control one kaiju'?
Have to get rid of them until you only have one, so you're just tributing the opponent's monsters constantly?

>Poor little Sangan will never get off the Banlist bus
;_;7

Basically, yes. There are also other monsters that you can summon to the opponent's field by tributing their own monsters as well, like Satan Claws and Lava Golem/

>Wizard of Oz and Star Wars togther

ONLY IN YUGIOH FOLKS!

to be fair as time goes on, special summoning little creatures from the deck is getting more and more annoying

it has gotten to the point where many cards SPECIFICALLY mention that special summoning a new monster cant be used for syncros or xyz on the turn they are special summoned

marauding captain is still in the meta isnt he?

>marauding captain is still in the meta isnt he?
Not even close.

ah ok. man its been forever since I dabbled.

have some lesbians

>This card cannot be used in a duel
Then what the fuck are they for? Wiping your ass?

Trophies.

Gameciel exists so Lava Golem is out of a job, basically the whole Kaiju archetype does its job better.

A little. 3000 is still a big hurdle, the power creep has mainly made it easier to shit out monsters in the 2000-2900 range.

most match winners are prizes for tournaments

I decided to look up some of the cards and their related cards, and it seems like there's a Storyline or a universe shared by all the Dark Magician Cards, the Black Luster Soldier cards, and the Buster Blader Cards?

Also, maybe the Magician GIrls are in there too?

Why are Japanese card games so shit?

u a shit

well Buster Blader and Dark Magician do fuse together to make Dark Paladin

well balance wise they aint winning any awards, but at least they like to kill the 2ndary market by reprinting cards in packs that are more or less the same cost as the normal packs

>but at least they like to kill the 2ndary market by reprinting cards in packs that are more or less the same cost as the normal packs
God bless Mega Packs.

Gameciel, at least, seems like it lets your opponent use its ability, which would make it a lot worse than Lava Golem even if you count the number of tributes as a wash.

Also, what are Kaiju counters?

One particular big monster (without any immunities or positive effects) is a lot easier to counter than two XYZ/Synchro/etc. monsters of indeterminate effects.
Just throw in a few copies of Magic Cylinder, Remove Brainwashing, or any number of return-to-hand/cannot-attack/gains-ATK-and-DEF-equal-to-target-monster's/etc. cards.

A burger made from people that eats people. I'm liking this B-movie plot.

They'll never get to use its ability because there are no counter holding cards on the board usually so you just run it over because 2.2k att is nothing.

Why are american just everything really so shit?

Chaos control was the best deck for a while. Like, it did disgustingly well, and was the very reason the banlist was created in the first place. CED and yata are never coming off the list after that.

CED is unlimited in the OCG.

Which is exactly why their game is worse than ours. No other reason, just this.

No, he's too fucking slow and doesn't mean shit anymore.

CED got errata'd into rank 8 fodder and nothing else.

Regardless of how he is now, the scars he left before are too great for him to ever be allowed freedom again. Same goes for his accomplise, Yata.

No.

#freemyniggastratos

Yes.

#fuckthisstupidhashtag

youtube.com/watch?v=YGHu87GKmpM

Because it's a hero sandwich.

American

Can someone summarize some/any of these?
These sound kinda interesting

The kingdom that ending in revolution was a bunch of cards that shows the oppressed people (actually a name) gang up into the Huge Revolution (a trap that requires all the story monsters to destroy the other person's field), it failed (trap card: The Huge Revolution is over) but then it turns out the army was also a part of it (trap card: Double Payback) The King has a few trap cards on how bad he was.

Meant for

goblin of greed was a mini story where you had a goblin who had the Pot of Greed

it didnt end well for him and he lost everything. eventually becoming a factory worker or something

at some point he was involved in the falling Kingdom story (I think he was stealing shit cause hes a scumbag)

also I think this might be a Meta Story on how pot of greed was a broken ass card, so bad stuff happens to the person who has it.

>tomato on top, touching the bun.

Seconding that, yeah
Why even give them effects if they literally say cannot be used?
why not just give em cool flavor text instead.

>flying monkey stormtroopers
holy shit
that's the best.
Tell me they have darth vader witch of the west.

>does it's job better
I thought lava golems job was to deal 1k damage a round or some shit.

Lava Golem's job is to make things like Ultimate Falcon and Magnus go away, the 1k damage is whatever unless you're playing burn, check out Ra Sphere mode for the ultimate evolution of the concept.

It could also poops burgers that it uses to attract people to it so it can eat them.

Thanks anons

yes

>TRAINS
Holly shit what.
I looked it up, and I cant tell if thsi is the stupidest or the most awesome tribe in TCG history.
Is it expensive? I've been thinking of getting back into casual YGO for a while now and playing CHOOCHOO.dek sounds funny.

Worm invasion best Yugioh lore

It's not out in the TCG.

Aww crap.
Thanks anyway m8

Hnnngh

there are only 3 train cards in tcg, and they only came out as game promos in austrailia because US and EU never got the physical version of duel carnival.

Also we did not get their support in TCG yet either, which hopefully will come soon probably not

>I looked it up, and I cant tell if this is the stupidest or the most awesome tribe in TCG history.
you aint seen NOTHIN yet

It always wierds me out how different the Japanese and overseas versions are.

>Japanese names
>"Infernal Satan God: Irrepetible Murder CEO"
>American names
>"That Wacky Archfiend"

"nuke them from orbit, its the only way to be sure!"

Yugioh still practices a lot of censoring

"got boobs? its gonna get flattened"

"are you an angel or demon? youre a fairy or fiend now"

"guns? nope. its a laser gun"

oops for got my image

>"got boobs? its gonna get flattened"
>"guns? nope. its a laser gun"
theyre getting better with these lately.

However, their stupidity appears in the most unexpected places.
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Artworks:Edge_Imp_Sabres

yup, that entire archetype got censored cause KNIVES ARE BAD PEOPLE

and I keep forgetting but there was a monster similar to dark magaician girl that I heard was never translated because the artist refused the card to be censored

unless that was an odd rumor.

Magi-Magi magician girl. KoA wanted Kazuki to censor the ankh, and Kazuki told them to go fuck themselves. So it never saw stateside release.

I did not know I wanted this so badly, but I do.