Tundra civ ep.75 - One World Government

Welcome everyone, new and old players alike! This is Tundra civ, a civ thread series in which we've gone from stone age farmers in the tundra to space explorers!
You play as the rulers of the White Republic, one of the human nations from the planet Terra Nova.
Previously on Tundra civ:

Humanity has only been colonizing space for 15 years, but in this time we've advanced rapidly, colonising 12 nearby star systems. The powerful Ra'ktun Imperium attacked the colonies of the New Pajit Union, one of the four colonial alliances. The timely arrival of the P'gar and Omicron fleets in Argosa allowed us to defeat the Imperium, signing a peace treaty that set the borders of human expansion.
Now, 10.06.1257 After the Exile, the governments of Terra Nova have come together and signed the Human Unification Treaty - within the next three years steps will be taken to unite our nations into a single human government. Our primary goal now must be to prepare for unification and to create a Constitution.

>Population:265 000 000 (85% white, 12 % chink, 1%darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Continents:Aymsland:69% Eyerdar:11% Veita 9%, Ocras 10% Colonies - 1%
>Agriculture:8/10
>Resources:9/10
>Manufacturing:9/10
>Trade and services:9/10
>Treasury:7/10
>Political stability:8/10

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>G.Research & Development
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-_7FaWnlhS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A map of Terra Nova.
Any questions are welcome, let's have a good thread.

>>B.Culture & Religion

What should we focus on?
A.Arts
B.Religion
C.Propaganda
D.Sports & events
E.Education
F.Other

>E.Education

Our educational system will be improved and used as the basis for the future united human nation, as our education is the best in quality, while also being paid for by the state.

>Population:266 000 000 (85% white, 12 % chink, 1%darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Agriculture:8/10
>Treasury:7/10

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

>Our primary goal now must be to prepare for unification and to create a Constitution.
op can you tell us how we do this

Well, we're not going to suddenly unite all of the human nations overnight - for the time being we are still separate. What we must do(through Government & Laws) is to create a Constitution. In that Constitution we will decide
>Who gets to vote
>Who can they vote for
and so on
We've still got some time, so we can do a few other things first.

>We've still got some time, so we can do a few other things first.
like what op

Develop our spacefleet, explore and colonize new worlds, improve our economy - all of the things on the options are..well, options. It's up to the players to decide these things, I'm here to explain and advance the story.

>>D.Improve military

E

>>D

While everyone is voting I think I have a idea who should get to vote.
Any man or woman that serve in the milita or Military.
I do this for many reasons
1. we have the most people in our arm forces due to our bigger population. So we could win more easily in the elections.
2. Everyone voting in a world wide government is every hard to do. While is will allow a easier time.
3. It will allow our government keep our military strong as voters will be more military minded. Because of the aliens were going to need a strong military.

>I.Space colonization
We need more people on our colonies to make them actually useful.

Hey I'm going to change my vote to I Space Colonization
Nice to see you Obliex

Colonization time!
Pick one of these to focus on
A.Improving our current colonies, especially the ones that were affected by the war
B.Search for and colonize nearby star systems
C.Extend our territory by focusing on the frontiers, look for more distant, but promising star systems.

>A.Improving our current colonies, especially the ones that were affected by the war

A
Improve our current colonies than next turn we can extend our frontier, I'm thinking of going south.

>A.Improving our current colonies, especially the ones that were affected by the war

We've focused on helping develop the current colonies - Argosa II's terraformation is almost complete, the planet will turn from red and barren to a more livable, somewhat arid savannah type. Hidal I is also undergroing terraformation, as we hope to make it a savannah world as well.
To turn that savanah into a garden world like Terra Nova would take at least another 20-30 years, but this is still a great improvement - the planet can sustain life freely.
I'm making an excel table for all our controlled systems right now, a basic chart to keep track of what kind of planets there are and how useful they are(colonial potential, minerals and energy)
>Population:268 000 000 (86% white, 12 % chink, 1%darkskin,1% pacharnati)
>Agriculture:9/10
>Treasury:8/10

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

>I.Space colonization
Let's Extend our territory by focusing on the frontiers, look for more distant, but promising star systems.

>>D.Improve military

user if you want to increase our Spacefleet go with E, the D option is mostly for the ground forces on Terra Nova.

And also potentially....
dare I say it
marines
in
space
sometimes called....

changed to E

SPACEMARINES

Marines in space are a good thing but their going to need some ships to tranport them. That way I'm changing my vote to E since we're going to need ships, we already have the men.

Our current starfleet: 14 corvettes, 9 destroyers and 3 cruisers. The other human alliances combined have about the same.

It's still a bit early for battleship-class vessels.
What should we focus on?
A.Numbers!
B.Big and strong ships!
C.Capable crews, logistics and battle strategies

>C.Capable crews, logistics and battle strategies

We're going to need tactics, since we can't just wind it every time a alien comes.

>C.

We've got to prepare properly.
There's no use to big ships if the enemy manage to hide behind them to avoid the other ships weapons and there's no use to a swarm if they manage to disrupt them and make them crash into each others.

Test

We've founded a dedicated Starfleet Academy, based in the city of Millport, Aymsland. As the conventional aquatic navy of old is becoming largely obsolete and recieving cutbacks, the future lies in the Starfleet!
Here those who wish to serve aboard government-owned ships will undergo physical and mental training, learn to operate complex machinery or study tactics.
The time draws near and soon we will have to begin working on the United Constitution.

>Population:271 000 000 (86% white, 12 % chink, 1%darkskin,1% pacharnati)
>Agriculture:9/10
>Treasury:8/10

>A.Improve economy
>B.Culture & Religion
>C.Construction
>D.Improve military
>E.Improve spacefleet
>F.Government & Laws
>H.Diplomacy & War
>I.Space colonization

>F.Government & Laws
Work on the United constitution hard, try to make this really unfair for all the non-White Republic aligned nations.

>>F.Government & Laws

>>F.Government & Laws
Let's start working on the Constitutions
We can try my plan that only people that serve militia or the military to vote this will allow us the majority vote as we have the biggest arm forces.
Also make it that the constitution is sided to the White Republic since we're the backbone of the human race. And always since from the start looked to it's best interest.

F

Humanity's leaders have assembled in Centerhold to negotiate on the details of the future Constitution. A number of issues must be decided.
Note - what we control are the proposals of the White Republic. We hold a plurality of the global population(43%) and a coresponding percentage of delegates, but the final decision must be a joint one - if we're too hard on any of the sides they might oppose our decision or abandon the project.

The first thing that must be decided is the method of governance.
Our government shall be:
A.A federation - every fully developed planet will be divided into Planetary Regions, which will have some local legislative power and will elect representatives to the United Council
B.A Unitary Republic - keep our current system - territory is split into Areas, which are split into Regions, but in the end all obey the same laws that are set by the central government
C.Confederacy - the nations on Terra Nova will retain their sovereignty, but everything outside the homeworld is ruled by the confederate government, made up of proportional representatives from each nation

>A.A federation - every fully developed planet will be divided into Planetary Regions, which will have some local legislative power and will elect representatives to the United Council

>A.A federation - every fully developed planet will be divided into Planetary Regions, which will have some local legislative power and will elect representatives to the United Council
Let's not lie to ourselves.
We're the best Governement, everybody will want to elect our representatives.

changed to C.Confederacy - the nations on Terra Nova will retain their sovereignty, but everything outside the homeworld is ruled by the confederate government, made up of proportional representatives from each nation

A will work and will allow us more representatives in the United Council since we going to have most of the space colonizers.

A
This is the best opinion

>C.Confederacy - the nations on Terra Nova will retain their sovereignty, but everything outside the homeworld is ruled by the confederate government, made up of proportional representatives from each nation

If you anons want people to vote for your choices you should really include a reason. For example I'm picking A since it will allow us control over the other nations. As well as make things easily to govern as we all work together in a common goal.
We'll still going to be on top of course.

we for us to have the makority, on top our delegates we'd have to have 7 more percents from other states.
So 7/57 of other states delegates has to be for us.
In other words an average of 12% pro-white republic in other nations is needed.
We do know the KE and SA do have a pretty long history of supporting us.
I'd expect at least 30% from them.
So it's very likely we'll seize the majority.

The SA regards us as their big brother nation. We've always helped them out and they've always supported us for it ever since we liberated them from the Feens.

C.Confederacy - the nations on Terra Nova will retain their sovereignty, but everything outside the homeworld is ruled by the confederate government, made up of proportional representatives from each nation

A

choosing to be represented by demographics when you're up against fucking pakis and darkskin is having a death wish.
It's much easier to seize power through our unending amoun of support and our numerous delegates.

Also with the powerplay we did causing the Ra'ktun and the NPU to face off. Will cause us to have some votes from them at least 10%.
As they saw it, aliens attack without reason. We gave support but not openly, they understand since it's was going to be dangerous to help fight the aliens.
Also they must think we talk with the other friendly aliens and got them to help us defeat the Ra'ahk.
In short that powerplay with did last thread could have gotten the NPU to like us more, as well be seemed as the savior of the human race. Allowing us to easier hold the majority and other nations will be more willing to vote for us.
The White Republic, SA and KE are friends for life, fighting many times against the Spire lords and other enemies. It's a bond place in blood.

changed to
>B.A Unitary Republic - keep our current system - territory is split into Areas, which are split into Regions, but in the end all obey the same laws that are set by the central government

The government shall be a federation.
Now, onto voting rights.
All races would be allowed to participate in democracy, both at the local(Regional) level and at the national(Council) level - this was part of the preliminary agreement.
Current global population stats
Total humans:630 million
Population growth is roughly equal across the globe, at around 2% at present(the post-war baby boom was around 3.3% in comparison. Medical technology has advanced along with purchasing power, but lifestyle has adapted and returned to a more regular, stable growth that has been experienced through most of recorded history)
Racially, 36% of humans belong to our white race;kaichou and chinks are both at roughly 19% each(descended from Earth's East Asia);9% are pajit(descended from Earth's Southern Asia),9% are the hibibi,krushid,prizzid and sigbru(all descended from different parts of Earth's West Asia/Middle East) 3% are darkskins(descended from Earth's Africa), 3% are ramki(descended from Earth's Southeastern Asia) and 2% are pacharnati and various other natives of Eyerdar(descended from the native and mixed populations of Earth's North and South Americas)

The question at hand is who deserves the right to vote?
A.All adults(age 20)
B.All adults(age 18)
C.All adults who have completed their 2 years service in the Militia(from age 18 to 20) gain the right to vote afterwards. Service is mandatory for men(bigger recruiting pool, put some discipline in them)
D.All adults who've completed their 2 years service in the Militia - all-volunteers(weed out those who lack the will, voting is a privilege)
E.All adults who've completed their 2 years service in the Militia - mandatory for all(even bigger recruitment pool)
F.Other proposal

>D.All adults who've completed their 2 years service in the Militia - all-volunteers(weed out those who lack the will, voting is a privilege)
We starship troopers now.

>C.All adults who have completed their 2 years service in the Militia(from age 18 to 20) gain the right to vote afterwards. Service is mandatory for men(bigger recruiting pool, put some discipline in them)

>C

White make up 36%
Kaichou and Chinks 38%
Us three make up 74% of the human race.
D.All adults who've completed their 2 years service in the Militia - all-volunteers(weed out those who lack the will, voting is a privilege)
I'm going to have to go with D until anyone else want to add something. Since people that mostly go to the military are in high rates Whites.
The US white population is 64% while 71% whites is the army. This shows that the white race will be the biggest voting block as more of them percent wise will join the militia. Also it bee our way in many years so even if it volunteer they join out of tradition.

This is the best choice for the our country to be on top.

D it will also help with defending our colonies

>D.All adults who've completed their 2 years service in the Militia - all-volunteers(weed out those who lack the will, voting is a privilege)

>it will also help with defending our colonies
wount it help more if we pick C OR E

>48093987
>48094047
Guys we could always change this, if we need to in the future like if their a war. But for now it will allow our country to be on top.

We do need to defend our colonies from inside too.
Paki and darkskin don't need mandatory weapon training.
It would only make them more dangerous to us.

>Guys we could always change this
tell that to the usa

>C.All adults who have completed their 2 years service in the Militia(from age 18 to 20) gain the right to vote afterwards. Service is mandatory for men(bigger recruiting pool, put some discipline in them)

>D.All adults who've completed their 2 years service in the milita - all-volunteers

youtube.com/watch?v=-_7FaWnlhS4
Service guarantees citizenship!
Onto the next point:
Where shall the federal government reside?
A.Centerhold, the largest city on Terra Nova and capital of the White Republic
B.Xikou, capital of the Sunset Alliance
C.Kotoima, capital of the Kaichou Empire
D.Rebuild the ancient pajit city of Vajni and make it the new capital
E.Kayans, largest city in eastern Aymsland and center of the Tri-Federation
F.Millport, a large city with a central location in Aymsland, yet not as huge and burdened as Centerhold, the place where we built the Starfleet Academy
G.Build a new city somewhere on Terra Nova
H.Have the federal government reside in a space station above Terra Nova
I.Other

>D.Rebuild the ancient pajit city of Vajni and make it the new capital

Orbital space fotress

>D

>H.Have the federal government reside in a space station above Terra Nova

>H. Let's start making of massive space fortress that'll be the capital

The space station is a bad idea.
It would be too easy to destroy all of our politicians who admnistrate everything.
Vajni would make for a great symbol, afterall we did conquer it and it is where one of the vault resided, this make it one of the most historic cities on the planet.

I did sort of get that from Mass Effect. The Systems Alliance government is housed in Arcturus Station, which is at the edge of the Solar system, near the mass relay.

I even if we don't want it to be our capital I think we should have a space fortress in orbit to defend our capital world

fucking this

I was here for the first few threads on /pol.

Been looking at this every so often.

Fucking tops m8 Civ bulgar

Didn't think it was going to survive so well after crossing boards and been around for months.

Buglar I change my vote to D the space station will not our capital but our flagship
I know it's a bad idea it's going to be a cover up for our capital at Venjit

Dedication is all. My goal was always to make a civ thread that goes from the stone age to the future and now it's accomplished. The Main Story is still unfinished - at the very least mankind must learn what happened to Earth.
Speaking of Earth, we know its position relative to ours. Argosa is located in the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way. Here's a reference.

Vajni will be rebuilt and serve as our new capital - it was not by chance the capital of the Pajit for so long, the strongest Empire in our world for centuries. The first time white explorers came south and visited Vajni, they saw a city whose population was almost as large as our entire nation. The Spirelords had a spire there, for underneath lay an ancient Vault, full of technology that unleashed the first doomship. In the last 40 years, examining that Vault has allowed us to gain much of the technology that has jumped us into the future.
What should the new capital be called?
A.Vajni
B.Capitas
C.Nova City
D.Union City
E.Other(proposals welcome!)

>D.Union City

C

>B.Capitas

>C.Nova City

>C.Nova City

>B.Capitas

change toB.Capitas

>C.Nova City

>C.Nova City

>change to B.Capitas

1.Capitas

2.C.Nova City

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Stop samefagging. It's a tie, apparently, so I'll roll a dice to determine (1 for Capitas, 2 for Nova City)

One last thing is left to decide - the Federation's leadership.
Vote on both matters
1.Leader of the Council
A.Keep the system we have in the White Republic - a Chancellor who oversees internal matters, elected every 4 years and a President who oversees external matters, elected every 5 years
B.Merge the two positions and make the President both head of state and government, elected every 4 years
C.Other proposal
2.Makeup of our parliament
A.Keep up our current system - have two chambers, Congress and Council. Congress are elected proportionally, so a highly populous region will have more Congressmen. Council is elected by Region, so all Regions have an equal(2) number of Councilors, giving less-populous regions equal representation.
B.Make it just Congress, representatives are determined by congressional district, so for every 2 million citizens(example) there can be one Congressman
C.Make it just Council
D.Other

Rolled 1 (1d2)

>A.Keep the system we have in the White Republic - a Chancellor who oversees internal matters, elected every 4 years and a President who oversees external matters, elected every 5 years
A.Keep up our current system - have two chambers, Congress and Council. Congress are elected proportionally, so a highly populous region will have more Congressmen. Council is elected by Region, so all Regions have an equal(2) number of Councilors, giving less-populous regions equal representation.

1.A
2.A
Why do people samefag for a name like Capitas. Do they just want to be Bane? They should at least gives reasons for why they vote of something.

>A
>A

>A.Keep the system we have in the White Republic - a Chancellor who oversees internal matters, elected every 4 years and a President who oversees external matters, elected every 5 years
>A.Keep up our current system - have two chambers, Congress and Council. Congress are elected proportionally, so a highly populous region will have more Congressmen. Council is elected by Region, so all Regions have an equal(2) number of Councilors, giving less-populous regions equal representation.

>A.Keep up our current system - have two chambers, Congress and Council. Congress are elected proportionally, so a highly populous region will have more Congressmen. Council is elected by Region, so all Regions have an equal(2) number of Councilors, giving less-populous regions equal representation.

A&A
We'll use the White Republic's governance system as the basis.
With that, the core parts of the Constitution are completed. On other issues White Republic legislature more or less serves as the foundation - freedom of speech and press, right to bear arms, freedom to travel, to choose one's place of living, education, occupation. Healthcare and education services are paid for by the government, but more specific forms of social welfare are usually defined on a Regional basis - pensions, minimum wage etc.

Ah, but wait! One last thing must be decided - what the country will be called.

A.United Human Republic
B.United Systems of Man
C.Terra Nova Federation
D.The Human Federation
E.Other/some variety of these