Old School Art

Old School styled artwork is amazing.

Share your best.

Other urls found in this thread:

fuckyeahosr.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was that warrior naked?

So the process of corruption occurs when the hair on one's scalp passes through one's skull and brain to emerge on the jaw?

This is basically what playing Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup is like. A current character of mine, a deep elf wizard, has throughout his adventures gained small horns, hoof-like feet, sharp fingernails (they grow out sharp), is partially covered in both black and iridescent scales, has exposed bone plates growing out of him, can spit poison, has a deformed body shape, and yells involuntarily at time. Can also summon eldritch horrors and blast the shit out of demon lords.

The effigy on the staff is a nice touch.
Is that for contingency?

Contingency how?

Eating every piece of mutagenic flesh is a big temptation for me.

I got +4 Int, +20% mana, and increased spell power out of it, so it was worth it. Also a bunch of other dangerous penalties (frail 1, deterioration and -4 Str on a deep elf wizard, hello stat zero), but no other visual ones.

>fuckyeahosr.tumblr.com/

The spell Contingency always requires carrying a replica of yourself as a material component.
What precious material it's made of (usually ivory or platinum) tends to vary by edition though.

So that the reason why halfing thieves are so succesful...

I though it was because they were less likely to trip pressure plates while searching for or disarming traps.

did warriors ever wear clothes?

is this new everquest art vs old?

Nay. He has got boots on.

Is there any papers or books that goes over how the aesthetic of high fantasy changed over time? I'd be really interested to see how we got from the aesthetic of the art in a lot of this thread to stuff like Pathfinder or WoW. Not bashing the latter, I like them both. I just wonder what specific major influences caused fantasy's aesthetic to change so much.

But what does the spell do?

thank you user you have earned a pat on the head

The contingency spell is used to make another spell contingent on some condition of your choice. Any condition you want.
>after I fall below 15% of my hp
>after I say "zableglewglyph"
>after five different people touch me
>after 3 hours have passed

After that event comes to pass the other spell is immediately and automatically cast.

Ah. I got another idea from it, that it was sort of a container for his soul, contained within so that the forces corrupting his body through his use of magic wouldn't corrupt his soul as well.

Guy in the back is about to beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker

Probably. Most of the artists in this thread have basically no talent so they appeal to fantasy nerds with nudity.

Really lame line drawing, looks like something out of those "how to draw anime" books that my little brother has.

Lame low-contrast over-stylized painting, garbage colors, 4/10

Actually pretty good, 8/10

Actually creative woodcut shit, 8/10 as well

Cancer, 3/10

Fucking retarded World of Warcraft shit with autistic homebrew races.

2/10

Yeah pretty much:

> AD&D comes out
> it is shit
> 3.5 comes out, it is shit
> 4e comes out, it is also shit and adds video gamey races to the mix
> 5e comes out, fixes eveyrthing
> Dungeon World comes out in between these two and is the best high fantasy game out there

So many flavors to choose from and you choose salty.