Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Dead on Arrival Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread: →

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Rescued WHFRP 2e Fan Material (Please download and post any material you find not in this collection)
mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A

Someone tell me about Stirland.
Another user mentioned it for a campaign and my real life buddy told me it's "zombie Texas".

What does "zombie Texas" mean?

Is there anything they never elaborated on with the Warhammer world that you wish they did?

Personally?
Size and scale.

Some novels mention millions of human soldiers dying in single battles and marching for months to cross a province.

Some novels mention 10,000 as being an exceedingly large force and they travel the length of a province in weeks.

Some books and maps make their world look our size with a limited number of towns, villages, and cities.

Some books and maps have been measured out and compared to ours to show that the Warhammer world is 7-10 times ours and there are nearly infinite tiny villages and cities to fluff for yourself.

Anyone know where the guy that was collecting and archiving fan material went?

Dumping some Blanche.

But also I've got a rodeo in a few minutes.

Pretty much everything east of the mountains of Mourn. We have some information on Cathay, but almost nothing on Ind (other than tiger beastmen) Khuresh or Nippon. Pretty much all the fandexes covering those areas just copy paste real world history and mythology and change the names a little, to the point where they don't even feel like they are taking place in the Warhammer world.

Perhaps in this thread we could speculate what goes on in the east?

How do the humans of ind interact with all the weird beastmen and gods there?

How do we design a Nippon without it being a complete Weebfest?

What kind of fucked up shit goes on in the kingdoms of Khuresh where all we really know is that blood nagas rule there?

I'm still here. I put a contact email in the archive so you can get to me more reliably.

Archive's in the OP forgot to mention.

Just finished glueing some clanrats. I actually managed to sort all 20 in the box within a couple of hours. They're incredibly easy to do, because it's just body and weapon arm.

To be fair, most of the Warhammer World is really just taking stuff from real world history, aside from Naggaroth and such. That's what gives it strength - it's based at least loosely on real world, believable locations and events.

Ever read the Mathias fandexes? the problem with the fluff isn't that it's based on real world cuktures, it's that it doesn't feel immersed in the warhammer world. The empire is loosely based on the HRE but they're still regularly fighting off beastmen, orcs and skaven, interacting with elves and trading with dwarfs. With those fandexes you get almost no mention of the other factions. No orc WAAAGH Tearing through Nippon and pitting black orcs against samurai. No Lizardmen attacking an Indan city unprovoked because the God they worship there is actually a greater daemon of tzeentch. No dwarf expedition finding its way to the court of the dragon emperor, or tomb King invasion of a cathay city to settle some trading dispute that king had with the rulers of that city back when he was alive. There's a difference between loosely based on the the real world and copying directly from it. There are even things that are canon to the warhammer world for those factions that got left out because they didn't match the real world culture enough! Even this would have been okay if there was at least a sense that this was taking place in the warhammer world and not just a fantastical version of our world

I think it shows a great deal of restraint that they never stooped so low as to make a weeb Nippon army.

There technically is a Nippon army though. Just not a human one.

Araby and Naggaroth.

Araby is pretty much confirmed 1001 Nights inspired grim(er)dark medieval Caliphate, based on the few short stories and the Warmaster line of miniatures.

I just finished reading the Genevieve omnibus. I enjoyed it despite the last story feeling substantially different (RETCONS REEEEEEE) and would recommend it to anyone who hasn't done so yet.

Are Kim Newman's other books any good?

Where did you find it?
I can't locate it in the OP.

Amazon.

>Giving money to gamesjewshop after they discontinued my favorite setting
Never m8.

>Right-handed flintlock in left hand.

Where are these artworks from?

I think David Gallagher is the artist. Besides that, haven't a clue.

Asrai a cute
C U T E

Dude, not only does Games Workshop not sell anything outside of their own website anymore, but everything on Amazon for that book is used.

The vast majority of Warhammer Fantasy books are out of print, almost any you can get that aren't Archaon are out of print.

Too bad they're insane pricks even among Elves.

They get the worst of the High and Dark Elves together, and none of the fun strengths like being Slaaneshi or being capable of getting along with humans.

Ha! Wrong and more beard than neck, just like a Dwarf.

>4th of July
>Warhammer Fantasy thread is dead

Warhammer Fantasy confirmed as a 'murrican thing.

Basically.
Also though it's like 2am in most of America.

The thread being dead earlier today was July 3rd.
Even though most people were still partying, pregaming, and light off fireworks/shooting into the air I still feel like there should be more posters.

EU neets sleeping still
>bretonnians are their unsuspecting slaves
>kickass king and queen
>strenghts of both elves on their home turf
back off??!??!1!?

if i enter the poison forest, do i have to take a dangerous terrain test every time i move in there or just upon entering

>AoS thread 203 replies, shitposting almost non-existent
>WHFB thread 30 replies
>b-but no one plays AoS
>mfw

talking about a game =/= actually playing it
this is Veeky Forums

There's also no new content being created for WHFB though.
We used to go through 2-3 threads a day for WHFB when new books and shit got released.

AoS is getting new shit all the time and threads still last 1-2 days each.

And the number of posts by 60 people on an Algerian rare mango appreciation forum doesn't contradict GW's abysmal sales and the fact that AoS is currently underselling 8th edition WHFB (the edition that made GW scrap the entire setting).

>tfw i actually enjoyed 8th edition until i started running into cannons
sigh
are monsters even worth looking at in 9th age, then?

Both cannons and monsters were nerfed.
So while your monsters aren't going to get picked off and raped they're not going to be the tenderizing machines they used to be either.

the ride never ends

I used to run an empire force based entirely on great cannons.

It's the fault of "there are as many elves as the plot demands" mentality.
I don't mind it being somewhat larger than Earth, but 7-10 times is something I'll just merrily ignore (alongside millions in single battles).

If I want to play Fantasy do I have to go by these "9th Age" rules or do people still play by 8th edition? I have the hardcover BRB and it just seems like a waste.

I feel like it also depends on the type roleplayer a person is.

I like the idea of the world being huge and having many billions of people when I'm a DM.
It gives me options and lets me just make shit up and say "oh yeah it's just one of those cities that's on that part of the map".

When I'm the player I prefer that it's smaller because it makes everything seem more important.
Helping stave off an orc invasion is huge when it could wipe out a province.

Not so much when millions die and literally nothing changes because "there's always more peasants lol".

Millions of casuals still play 8th edition just because it's the official last book put out.

Certain tournaments and internet-savvy youngsters who go on the 4changz (a vast minority) primarily try to play 9th.

Depends
some groups like me and my friends play 8th while my LGS plays 9th ed. i should mention that they play bloodbowl more than AoS and they dont play bloodbowl often. this says something about aos's popularity

What's better for a BSB that's not super punchy but will get into combat?
>WS5 S4 I7 A5
or
>WS5 S5 I6 A4

WS5 S4 I7 A5

well
most things are not going to top I6 and S5 makes it that much easier to wound things
the one less attack shouldnt matter too much I think
personally i'd go with the s5 i6 a4

>look at the three treemen sitting on my shelf
hello darkness my old friend..

>I like the idea of the world being huge and having many billions of people when I'm a DM.
Oh yeah, I can relate to that.
One of the reasons I love Dark Heresy is that the DM can just pull a new planet out of their ass whenever it's needed.

I played in a setting where the map was roughly 10 times the size of our Earth's and it brought a whole bunch of questions and problems with it.
(plus shorter days and longer years made the given values for actions and distances kinda retarded. Not to mention that a 3 year old human child in the setting was on the same physical and mental level maturity as a 3 year old IRL. It made people argue about menstruation cycles and shit.)
All that huge map meant though that 2/3 of the main continent was empty, often with huge swathes of nothing between countries.
Bigger can be cool but the writers better be ready to address those questions.

They kind of worked with the Bretonnians a few times, especially in the lead up to the End Times. And they have fucking trees for some heavy infantry and shit.

I always liked the larger scale of things presented in 8ed BRB, with hundreds of thousands of Knights between the empire and bretonnia, million man armies and the major human cities being huge metropolises miles across. Also like the idea that there are countless towns and minor cities throughout the empire, not important enough to be put on the map but still rather large by real life standards. The big scale makes the constant battling more believable in my opinion, and explains how there can be dozens if not hundreds of major conflicts going on at once without crippling the nation and draining the population of all able bodied men.

>Bretonnia
>Slaves of wood elves.

Naw tho

They were essentially slaves to the wood elves in earlier editions though. The Lady was actually Ariel in disguise, and the fay spirits were just regular wood elves. It wasn't until 8th that the Lady and Ariel were retconned into separate deities, and even then the Lady was still an elf goddess in disguise

She was in disguise, but she was in disguise because she preferred humans to the wood elves.

fucking Cathay,the tiny amount of fluff they have makes them look like human high elves

This.

Wait until the next 9th Age lorebook gets released.

Although I miss when we were about listbuilding. Everyone who posts lists gets almost no replies anymore.

What are you talking about? Monsters are awesome in 9th Age, just not face-rapingly so.

You don't sent a Dragon straight into knights because it'll be killed, but you don't have to worry about ranged options dropping it by turn 2 either.

Your monsters actually get good play now, especially with target mitigation. Just don't put your General on a monster, or else it'll obviously be the primary target for everything.

Whatever your group plays, there's a split between 8e, Kings of War, and 9th Age as the replacement.

But hey, at least you have the lore and modelling sections regardless. Not to mention the memories.

Fuck, I play all three races of Elves and this is my headcanon.

Isha and Kurnous got split in half so their youthful spirits live with the Wood Elves while their weak and elder spirits live in the Everqueen and the herds of horses in Ellyrion respectively.

Lileath is the Lady, but her preferred race is the Bretonnians with her giving the High Elf heroes her support from time to time.

Asuryan works with subtlety guiding all of the High Elves, Tyrion and Malekith are both champions of Khaine because Khaine favors everybody in order to cause conflict, and as a result nobody.

Loec is the strongest Elf god because he plays with all factions, all races, and even meddles in the affairs of Chaos. He and Morai-Heg are the reason the Warhammer World is in a constant status quo, they shake up things then quite them to alleviate the pressure that could destabilize everything.

The Elf gods aren't diminishing, but the influence they have is because most of them are hedonistic and prefer to dwell among mortals having fun while the rest are too busy fighting each other. You know, like a proper pantheon of gods.

Thinking about mixing up my black guard with phoenix guard or eternal guard.

Which one do you think is the best option? All three or just two of them?

Is there any Standard Bearer model piece that's split in two, with a banner hanging on either side of the pole?

Quick question

How is interracial love viewed in the old world? Can en elf and a human fall in love? Can a dwarf and a human love eachother?

given that dwarf women are rare and their dowry is based gold based on weight and the limiting factor is that a suitor cannot marry unless he can wrap his beard around his bride to be, Male human with female dwarf is out of the question especially since the dwarf word for human is inferior.

Propably can,elves won't like it,dwarfs won't like it,humans will brag about it

>elf/human
Probably going to be really rare, but I can see it happening.

>dwarf/human
See >vampire/human
Happens all the time, but not really accepted because vampire.

>daemon/human
>beastman/human
Only if you live in Ind.

>Only if you live in Ind.

There are tons of characters who are half-daemons in the lore.

Archaon happens to be one.

Yeah, but I'd assume they weren't born out of accepted, loving unions.

>Behold petty mortal! I am Garax'thalor, Despoiler of Life!
>And this is my wife Myrna and our son, Garax'thalor Jr.
>We just moved into the cottage down the lane.

Guy making the WHFRP 2e fan archive here, I've just been scouring the deepest recesses of the STS forums for material and adding it in, there's a lot of interesting stuff in there like spell creation and some big custom weapon lists. If there's anything I've missed (even non-english rules) please tell me, don't want any more nice content getting lost.

Almost non existent outside of Gotrek and Felix novels.
High Elves for the most part view humans the same way humans view greenskins, and any elf having sex with a human would be seen as some sort of degenerate, though rape of humans likely exists among dark and wood elves. Dwarfs have totally different standards of beauty when it comes to their women folk and probably find human women disgusting. Elf and dwarf is about as likely to happen as lizardmen and Skaven, as in never. Orcs and lizardmen don't even reproduce sexually or feel love, and skaven are incapable of forming romantic relationships and view breeding the same way animals do.

I want to convert a Skaven Warlord on War-Litter and I'm planning on using Stormvermin carrying parts of an Orc Chariot, but I'm not sure what model I should use for the Warlord.

I already use the Island of Blood model, Queek and the plastic Warlord from 2015 elsewhere in my army. Is it feasible to convert a Stormvermin model into a Warlord? Do I have to pay Ebay scalpers to get the mediocre-looking Games Day 2011 model? Is there another good-looking model or conversion out there that I've missed?

One of the new Nurglite characters was born from the loving union of a witch and a Great Unclean One.

Cathay is what humans reaching their magical potential looks like. They've had wizards almost as long as they've had civilization, compared to the empire only having them for about 220 years. That, and they've been led by the same immortal God-emperor for like 5000 years.

A plague witch fucked a great unclean one and produced a child. Have fun getting that image out of your heads, and praise the gods that no rule 34 exists of this.......yet

So how is Bretonnia in the 9th age ?

They have foot knights now.

I think the litter would fit well with the fatter skaven of island of blood, not the plastic one, but the special character produced later about the background of the island,
it was called spiketail or something, but it's simply skaven warlord on the site now.

My players in my WFRP game are an Argie, a Dane (who had to bow out, RIP Ralf Ratcatcher - you died as you lived, filthy), and 3 Americans. Not counting myself.

We had a Briton interested but the time wasn't working and I can't really change it at this point.

>Lileath is a dirty human-fucker!

I don't know about love, but SEX certainly happens between the races.

Of course, if you pork a halfling, you're endlessly mocked, but hey, those pies.

Dwarfs rarely see their own women and even more rarely get to touch them. In general dwarfs are stodgy and conservative about sex, but some cut loose. There's a slayer in G&F who regularly entertains human prostitutes, though he claims that tales of him bagging elf sisters is highly inaccurate (only one was an elf, and a half-elf, he says).

Teclis in G&F keeps a pair of human twins as sex pets, presumably because by elf standards he's Stephen Hawking. A barbarian hottie from Albion wants his ivory tower until he goes a little kill crazy mid-battle and starts laughing like a maniac while killing people.

WFRP 2e mentions a druchii masquerading as a wood elf trying to stir up trouble in the Wasteland, ostensibly to "aid the people," but really to weaken the city so a corsair fleet can sack it. He had a lot of female admirers, but hopefully for them they did so from a distance.

>Everyone who posts lists gets almost no replies anymore.
If people used 8th edition terms I think they'd get more replies.

I've wanted to help before but I sure as hell can't keep track of 9th edition word-fuckery.

>Orcs and lizardmen don't even reproduce sexually or feel love,
Depends on the fluff.

GW has gone through like 5 phases on trying to explain Orc reproduction in Fantasy.

Just keep us updated.
Are you updating the link in the OP or should they be a new link up there?

Yes, I also remember when nagash killed all of egypt then was killed by ratmen

Ratmen = Islam

>Orcs reproduce like humans
>Orcs reproduce asexually, wander off into the wilderness and die and then a litter crawls out of their body
>??
>??
>It's hinted that they may be fungus spores like 40k orcs

Were there another 2 or just exaggeration?

That said I am a fan of the original sexual orc reproduction because it adds to their society and allows for half orcs like in early fluff.

So how strong and fast are individual vampires fluff-wise?

Pls answer last question I have nothing to read now.

>not jews

You had one job.

It's the same MEGA archive, so don't worry about it needing updating. It updates it automatically when I put new material in my local directory.

I've reached the point of the Strike to Stun forums now where it's just dead link after dead link, it seems like most of the stuff I'm finding now are things I've already added, only the most obscure stuff left. If anyone here in this thread have any of their own homebrew I'd be happy to add that.

Also does anyone here have a scribd account? There's some rules for cannons and such someone posted that I can't get to.

>So how strong and fast are individual vampires fluff-wise?
Depends.
The weakest vampire is going to be faster and stronger than most humans by default.

Doesn't mean they won't get #rekt by some Conan the barbarian master of the ninja arts folded 1 million times katana human.

For the average vampire imagine a normal guy at the max of his strength and speed capabilities.
There are of course ancient douchebag vamps like vlad that could probably crumble steel in a fist but that's not the majority.

Magic is what vampires really rely on.
Even blood knights have magic flowing through their veins.

>KURNOUTH HUNTERS
>not all forest spirits are subscetible to the call of orion's wild hunt in the same way: the spirits known as kournoth hunters are beings similar to the mighty treemen, but are so wardriven that they forge weapons using tore chunks of their own still living bodies as raw material and are continously on the move on multi-jointed legs resembling those of the king in the woods so that their roots don't delve again too deep in the ground.
>monstrous infantry, 3+, special choice, 55ppm
>M6 WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W3 I4 A2 LD8
>special rules: fear, flammable, forest spirit, scaly skin (4+), ambushing bushes
>ambushing bushes: during the remaining movements sub-phase, if the unit hasn't declared a charge, it can choose to grow its ivy roots; the unit becomes unbreakable, halves its movement characteristic, cannot march, declare charges nor pursue, for the purposes of combat results it counts as having no flank or rear and considers its front arc as being 360° for the purpose of shooting; furthermore, the unit is considered defending an obstacle when charged and the hunters, all enemy units in base contact and all friendly units with more than half their models wholly within 6" of the hunters (single models count in as long as more than half their bases are within range) count as being inside a forest (for all purposes like light cover, forest stalker special rule and close combat)
>equipment: hand weapons

>options: any model in the unit can have one of the following:
>-great weapon
>-halberd
>-hunting spear: range:melee S+1(only when charging), multiple wounds(d3); can be used in the shooting phase (not for a stand and shoot reaction) with the following profile: range:12" S5 multiple wounds(d3), quick to fire
>-hunting longbow: range30" S5, multiple shots (2)
>any model can purchase one of the following:
>-quiverlings 10pts: when shooting, the model can ignore one of the following penalties to the roll to hit: the one for moving and shooting, the one for firing multiple shots or the one for standing and shooting.
>-spites swarm 10pts: in close combat the model can do up to d3 additional attacks at the iniziative step 5 with S3 and with the poisoned and ignore armour save special rules.

>anyone
>playing woodelves

Jews don't breed that fast and they're mostly united, rather than having rare periods of cooperation otherwise broken up by periods of back-stabbing warfare over nothing logical with other Mus...ratmen.

So I plan on having my PCs work for a Lahmian for a while, ostensibly doing good for the Empire (and their purses). I want to drop steady hints that their patron is not who they seem to be, though. Any ideas?

I considered him but I'm not a fan of the gut and pustules. He looks like he should lead a Pestilens-only warband, and mine is a 4-clan conglomerate.

Well, look at China compared to most of Europe, and they'll seem like high elves.

Though honestly, by about the point in history that the Empire is based on, if Cathay was exactly like China it would already be beginning to go past its zenith. The Ming Dynasty in the 1600s was corrupt, broke, and close to collapse.

Servants that fawn over him/her even if they're treated slightly rough.

"Don't you hate it when your master hits you when you get things wrong?"
>No, I could never hate -name-, they're amazing and I'd never forsake him/her (cue googly eyes and dreamy face)

>Well, look at China compared to most of Europe

You realize that China is mostly a rural backwater right?

Their cities are huge and high-speed but the average rural person is an illiterate bumpkin that thinks it's okay to shit in the street.