Leaf Ninja Quest: Final

>This is a quest taking place in an alternate version of the Naruto world during the same time period as the story, with a few notable differences. You will be playing as Kon Karagowa, a Leaf Jonin. Your character is defined by your choices, so write-ins are always encouraged. And remember to have fun!

>Quest Info:pastebin.com/n0ueym08

>Previous threads:suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Leaf Ninja Quest

>Gaidens: pastebin.com/dyank8nq

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhDpQCLuQBw&
youtube.com/watch?v=AVeOVahsu70&
youtube.com/watch?v=vfMSO4lp518&
youtube.com/watch?v=AQQ6QBmRAFA&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh my. To think we're at the end already/

youtube.com/watch?v=yhDpQCLuQBw&

It's another beautiful morning in the Village Hidden in the Leaves. As you walk, you glance over to the Hokage Mountain. They've just finished the seventh head, and behind the mountain, you can see the frames of some skyscrapers that are in the process of being built. It's certainly a different sight than when you were younger. But time marches on.

You eventually round the corner, and get to the academy. It's been quite a long time since your last visit, and the nostalgia is hitting you in full force. Even more so today. Emulating your own sensei, you move at a leisurely pace, not even pretending to be in a hurry. You eventually reach the classroom where you're supposed to meet, and slide open the door.

Inside, you can see six kids. It seems another team is meeting here this morning. Most of the kids look your way, but two of them are in some kind of heated argument, and your appearance doesn't deter them in the slightest.

"I would think you wouldn't need eyes as powerful as mine to see it." says one boy in a black jacket. He's holding his hand dramatically in front of his face, and pushing on the bridge of his sunglasses. "But you're clearly blind, Kegawa. Karasuba is undoubtedly the cuter little sister. Yours simply can't compare."

"Please, you're blind! Talk about a disgrace to your clan!" the boy, Kegawa, replies. He's wearing a coat with fur around the collar, and has red markings on his face. His brown spiky hair sticks up notably higher in two places, and looks vaguely like cat ears. A gray cat is napping on his shoulder, ignoring the noise. "Shizuka the blind Uchiha! You can't even tell that Mimi is way cuter than your gloomy little sister!"

"Watch your tongue." Shizuka holds his arm out in Kegawa's direction, clawed hand upwards. "I won't be able to contain my power for long if you keep agitating me."

"Quiet down, you idiots." says a boyish black haired girl. "One of the sensei is here."

>Continued

The two boys back off and turn to look at you. You take note of the others in the room. A purple haired girl with a surgical mask and terrible bags under her eyes. A girl with unruly black hair and red eyes. A boy with purple hair in a ponytail, and his bangs covering one eye. His collar extends up to hide the bottom half of his face.

Some of these kids you're more familiar with than others, but you are here today to meet Shizuka, Taiyaki, and Mirai as their new Jonin instructor. The kids all look at you expectantly.

>A.Introduce yourself

>B.Scold Shizuka and Kegawa

>C.Take your team somewhere else

>D.Wait until the other team's sensei arrives

>E.Other

>E. "Don't mind me. Just pretend I'm not here." Watch. Try not to laugh at them. Step in if it looks like it'll come to blows.

>"I won't be able to contain my power for long if you keep agitating me."
Sauce, what did you do to your kid?

>>A.Introduce yourself

Just wait.

>A.Introduce yourself

Congratulations, Laze!

Uncle Kon is here.

>A.Introduce yourself
>C.Take your team somewhere else
To the roof, where we will be incredibly vague in describing ourselves, as is tradition.

Kakashi will be proud

Been thinking, out of our generation Tenten has a pretty reasonable chance of being next Hokage once Itachi feels like passing down the hat.
Sasuke is possible but implies Uchiha favoritism, Kon has....personal ties outside the village which may make him unsuitable but Tenten is at S-Class level (or at least stupid close to it) with a self-taught mastery of Seals.

Tenten's a concubine of Kon's, that raises problems

>It then falls flat because everybody knows who we are and what we're like

We're one of this generations Sanin, the mysterious background option died a long time ago.

Exactly. I meant it as Kon being goofy to break the ice, not as a serious thing.

Shizuka is Itachi's son, not Sasuke's. We're not quite at Boruto the Movie, yet, the teams kids aren't graduating for a few years.

>So. I'm Kon, the Monkey Sage.
>But you already know that.
>I'll skip the usual walk-on music, too, because you heard it yesterday.
>Kind of loses its impact if you overplay it.

Correction then. Sauce, what are you teaching your nephew?

to be an avenger

>all we did was delay the inevitable
Tobirama was right.

>Hi, I'm Kon Karagowa, and back in the day I fucked both your mothers.

Does 10/10 still hate our guts?

Not one to leave a bunch of kids in suspense, you clear your throat.

"For those of you that aren't already familiar with me, I'm Kon Karagowa." you introduce yourself. "I've been assigned as the Jonin instructor to Shizuka Uchiha, Taiyaki Mitarashi, and Mirai Sarutobi."

"We know who you are, Uncle Kon." Kegawa sighs. "There's no one in the village that doesn't."

"H-hello, Kon Sensei..." Taiyaki mutters softly. "I'm... really excited about being able to be on your squad..."

"Speak up Taiyaki, no one can hear you!" the girl with unruly black hair, Mirai, slaps Taiyaki on the back. "If you're so excited, shouldn't you be louder?"

"I too, am expecting great things." Shizuka adds. "A fitting teacher has been chosen to help me develop my untold power."

The looks on Shizuka's classmate's faces tell you that he is indeed always like this. You hadn't been around him enough to be sure.

You hear a series of loud noises from down the hallway, and step out of the doorway just in time. Where you were standing lands Rock Lee, as energetic as he's ever been. Though he's taken to wearing a scarf and sleeveless shirts these days.

"Good morning, students!" he shouts, taking an authoritative pose. "I am your new Jonin instructor, Rock Lee!"

The room is silent for a bit, save for a lone cough from the masked girl. Lee then sees you beside him.

"Ah, Kon. I was not expecting to see you here." Lee greets you. "It seems that we have chosen for our squads to meet in the same place."

"This is our instructor?" Kegawa sighs. "You guys get get one of the Three Sages of the Leaf, and we get this guy?"

"Favoritism, perhaps?" the boyish girl, Reizoko says, completely monotone. "That team does contain both the son of the former Hokage, as well as the cousin of the new one. It would only seem natural that they are given better treatment."

>A.Leave Lee to it

>B.Vouch for him

>C.Scold them

>D.Other

Naw, man, and she probably never did. Shit was so fucked up she probably couldn't figure out how she felt aside from upset, mostly at herself.

>>B.Vouch for him
Hey, Lee was there when we took down Madara.

>You poor, poor kids. You think I'm tough? Lee will eat you alive. Try not to kill them from exhaustion Lee.

>B.Vouch for him
He can fight our sage mode to a standstill

>B. Vouch for him. "Come on, He's Rock Lee! He can go toe to toe with me, Sasuke, OR Kiba using only his Taijutsu. You kids are gonna be terrifying after a few years with him."

Ah well, she had her chance, rip.

>B.Vouch for him
"Are you kidding me? You might not realize it, but Rock Lee is an absolute monster at Taijutsu. To the point that I needed Sage Mode to keep up with him. And you know how he got that strong?"

"Pure stubbornness. And he's only gotten better since then."

>>B.Vouch for him

>D
BEHOLD THE FLAMES OF YOUTH FROM MY HIP AND COOL RIVAL

>D. "...you honestly believe that, don't you? Heh. You're gonna eat those words."

>B.
Vouch for the man who lifts.

>B.Vouch for him

>B. Lee is one of very, very few people in the world who can beat me in a contest of pure Taijutsu.

>D.Other
The most powerful bro-fist of all time, enough force meeting at one point to shatter a small moon.

>B.Vouch for him
"I once saw Lee kick Uchiha Madara in half. Uchiha Madara. IN HALF. Trust me, he's going to be awesome to have as a teacher."

youtube.com/watch?v=AVeOVahsu70&

Lee actually looks a bit disheartened for a moment, so you chip in with a few words.

"Lee here can fight toe to toe with me, Sasuke, or Kiba, with Taijutsu alone." you tell the kids. "He fought Madara right there with us in the war, and he's only gotten better. And he gained his skill through sheer stubbornness. He worked harder than anyone else. And he's gonna work you all hard, too."

"That's right!" Lee smiles. "I will prove to you that hard work pays off! You will all experience the results for yourselves!"

Lee points to the masked girl. "Yuzuki Gekko! I notice that you wield a katana! By the Chunin exams, we will have you cleaving through solid rock!"

Lee points next to Kegawa. "I will be making you into the fastest Genin in all the great nations! Not even the sharingan will be enough to react to your movements!"

Lastly, he turns to Reizoko. "And you! I... will come up with something! Just give me some time to think!"

Reizoko's face remains devoid of emotion, save for a single eyebrow raising slightly. Her cold gaze tells you she isn't convinced.

"We have no time to waste! We can't be falling behind Kon's team, now can we?" Lee starts to head out of the classroom, bumping fists with you as he does. "Good luck to you, Kon. Students! With me!"

Kegawa, Reizoko, and Yuzuki follow their sensei, leaving you alone with your squad.

"So what are we doing, Kon Sensei?" Mirai asks. "Some kind of test?"

>A.First, let's head to the roof

>B.That's right. Let's go out to the training grounds

>C.Say something else (Write-in)

>D.Other

>A.
We must make the rooftop screwball act 'family' tradition.

>>A.First, let's head to the roof

The first test? Will they notice when we switch out with a shadow clone.

>C.Say something else (Write-in)
"No, we'll do that tomorrow morning. It's a tradition, you'll understand later. For now, I want to hear in your own words what your strengths and weaknesses are."

>A.First, let's head to the roof
Lets try not to be a replica of kakashi too much folks though.

But we've got a sulky Uchiha related to Itachi, a jinchuriki named after a food item, and a comparatively normal girl associated with flowers. This is Team 7, we ARE Kakashi.

We are definitely doing the bell test. no choice in that one

....Hang on a second....Kiba's kid called us uncle....HOLY SHIT...Did...did out uncle marry Kiba's mum!

Oh yeah the bell test is a must defiantly

hahaha do you think she made him take the Inzuka name leaving us the only ones able to carry on our name and clan?

Let's not jump to conclusions, here. This could just be a symbolic "uncle" due to us being so close to Kiba. Though if Uncle did marry Tsume...way to go, Uncle.

>Sarada doesnt exist
that is sad

I would definitely a Hana.

Does Itachi's kid scream Dio to anyone else....the hand...the glasses the "develop my untold power"

Also Konahamaru is Hokage yay Lil Bro did it.

Neither does Himawari. Oh man, bad future, we have to go back! At least Boruto not existing is okay.

Yeah, that was easy to miss. But if the team contains the cousin of the current Hokage, unless there was a darkhorse candidate related to Iruka or Anko that was never brought up, it would have to be Konohamaru. Nice going, kid.

Is Konahamaru Hokage though? Isn't Kon like 18? That would make Konahamaru a pretty young Hokage. Although Gaara was also pretty young when he became Kazekage but you would think they would choose someone slightly older and more experienced before they chose Konahamaru. And it's not like they are lacking in choices either.

youtube.com/watch?v=vfMSO4lp518&

Still in no rush, you figure you'll take yet another page out of your sensei's book.

"First, let's head to the roof." you tell your students. "That should be a good place."

You make for the academy roof, and the three kids follow you. Sitting against the railing like your teacher did all those years ago, you wait for your students to take a seat, then pose the same question.

"Why don't we start by introducing yourselves?" you begin, the words coming back to you like it was yesterday. "Your likes, dislikes, dreams for the future... Things like that."

"Oh, me first!" Mirai's hand shoots up. "I like lots of stuff, but mostly being out in nature. I hate staying inside on a nice day. As for what I want to do... I'm still not totally sure. But I do know that I want to grow up to be really cool like my dad!"

"You 'want to be cool'?" Shizuka does that thing with his hand again. "A superficial goal. You should want to do things that make you cool, or become a kind of person that people think are cool. You won't get anywhere in life with as little direction as that."

Mirai narrows her eyes at Shizuka. "Did I ask for your opinion?"

"There is precious little that I am fond of." Shizuka goes on, ignoring Mirai. "And my dislikes are too many to name. But I do have a true and noble goal. To achieve my potential, and become a great and powerful ninja. This power I wield is both a blessing and a curse, but I will harness it to protect this village and its people, as is my solemn duty."

Mirai is still glaring at Shizuka, but Taiyaki speaks next.

"I... like sweets." he begins. "And I don't really like fighting. But, I will if I have to. Since I want to protect the village, too. But it'd be great if we didn't have to fight to do it."

With that, they seem to be finished.

>A.Say something to them (Write-in)

>B.Tell them about the test

>C.Other

Unless Kakashi suddenly died without us knowing I'd have expected it to be him.

Older than that, I think. Assuming normal graduation ages, this is nine years after the war. So Konohamaru would be twenty-one. Young, but not unheard of. His grandfather was around that age when he became Hokage, as was Minato.

>>B.Tell them about the test

Not unless Kakashi is Mirai or Taiyaki's cousin.
>"Favoritism, perhaps?" the boyish girl, Reizoko says, completely monotone. "That team does contain both the son of the former Hokage, as well as the cousin of the new one. It would only seem natural that they are given better treatment."

The character sheet says Kon is 18 though. Is it just not updated? I didn't see anything saying we had a nine year timeskip although it is fairly obvious one happened.

>A. Well, you know who I am. I like cooking and hanging out with my friends, and I dislike people who abuse the power given to them. My dream is a peace that will last well beyond my life, and I think I've got a pretty good handle on that.

>>A.Say something to them (Write-in)
Well you all know me, but what you may not know is my sensei bought me up here the same as I have done for you three, a little bit of tradition. Now you have a choice would you like to begin your first test now or would you like to wait till tomorrow hmm? If you want to know my opinions or likes and dislikes just ask i'm pretty open

Right, sorry. In case it's not clear, we skipped ahead like ten years or so

>A (add on)
*ruffle Mari's hair a little* and look to the others smiling, i'll be honest a genin team such as you three has incredible potential and i'm looking forward to seeing what you can do. You'll soon realize there is a catch to having a Sage as your teacher
Test coming and it's important. Would you like to start now or tomorrow? Think carefully now...

Aight I'm satisfied then. Good job lil bro

>A.Say something to them (Write-in)
"So we can do this tomorrow morning or right now. There's pros and cons to either way. Do it now, you don't have any time to prepare; do it tomorrow, it's early in the morning and you'll be exhausted. The test is meant to assess both your skills and your ability to deal with unfavorable conditions. So which one would you rather deal with?"

No, the real catch they're going to have to deal with is that we looked after all of these kids at one point or another. We've got baby photos. We need to use those during the bell test, it will be our equivalent of Kakashi reading his smut. Just Kon, flipping through a photo album and going "oh, they were all so cute back then".

This sounds great. It'll be hilarious to watch mini-Sauce squirm when he sees we have his embarrasing baby photos.

Yes

You smile and address your new students.

"Well, you all know who I am, and if you want to know anything specific about me, you can always ask, and I'll tell you." you begin. "Now, my own sensei brought me up here to ask us about ourselves, so this is sort of like tradition. And the next step in that tradition is a test. Now, do you guys want to try and do it now and get it out of the way, or wait until tomorrow and do it then?"

"We don't have time for hesitation." Shizuka says, adjusting his sunglasses. "We'll do it now."

"If Shizuka wants to, then I agree." Taiyaki adds. "Whatever it is, I think we can do it together."

"You guys trying to make up for getting held back from graduation for a year?" Mirai smirks. "Maybe if you hadn't landed yourselves in the hospital, you would have graduated on time, and you wouldn't be in such a rush now. But that's okay, I wanted to go now, too."

"Excellent." you reply. "Meet me at the training grounds in one hour."

Your students nod, and you all leave.

An hour later, you're at the nostalgic locale. You hold up two bells and explain the test.

"So only two of us can pass?" Taiyaki asks. "I don't like that... We have to fight over them."

>A.Insist that they have to work together anyway

>B.Tell them that the loser doesn't actually fail out

>C.Say nothing, just begin the test

>D.Other

Let them come to their own conclusions

>>D.Other
I won't tell you the answar but think about this...if it's tradition that means me, Sasuke and Kiba all passed...so there is a way you can do it. Think about it

>>D.Other
No only two can continue being a shinobi. The one who doesn't gets sent back to the academy. Be all scary and threatening.

>>C.Say nothing, just begin the test

>D. Well, sometimes that's just how things work in the ninja world.

>D.Other
"You're smart kids, you'll figure something out."

>D.Other
"It's when we're pressed the hardest that we show our true character."

This but make it simple...my old team all "passed" do the smile head tilt since we cant wink... A young Uchiha without his sharingan, an impulsive Inzuka and a boy with no jutsu just a bag of tags.

That's literally handing them the answer, user. it defeats the point of it being a test.

On a side note anyone else find this fun/wierd being on the other side of this test? Hopfully by now we can use our shields without hand signs so we can sit down reading the photo album un interrupted.

"Yup!"

Oh, no, it's super fun. Finally, we get to be the annoying sensei.

Exactly do not hand them the answer! They need to learn and grow giving them the answer is an awful way of going about that.

You don't respond, you just place the bells on your belt and start the timer.

"We won't be getting them from a Jonin at all if we're busy fighting each other." Shizuka says, drawing a kunai. "But with our combined power... we just might."

Taiyaki and Mirai also get ready.

youtube.com/watch?v=AQQ6QBmRAFA&

Before you do anything, they already go on the attack. Mirai throws a handful of shuriken that you easily deflect, as Taiyaki and Shizuka lunge in with their kunai. You knock their attacks aside easy enough, and throw them back onto the ground. As they get back up, you see that Mirai is gone. She must have rushed to hide among the trees as soon as she threw her shuriken.

You stare at the two boys that are now back on their feet, ready to attack again.

>A.Just keep dodging their attacks

>B.See how they handle being on the defensive

>C.Head into the trees after the other one

>D.Other

>>B.See how they handle being on the defensive
push them back into the tree line then wait. We'll have showed them a little of our speed and forced them to regroup giving them a chance to plan and us to get out the little photo album.

Well done, kids. We're proud of you. But just because you've figured out the trick doesn't mean the fight's over.

Make a shadow clone to do C.

>D. Make clones to press them.