Dragonball Quest #42

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Fortune Teller Baba

>>youtube.com/watch?v=SOFCQ2bfmHw

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10658871
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YEAH SOM

Let's all have a gneiss time.

"Why do you have to wear the mask?" you ask him.

"I can't tell you now," he says. "But, I promise to tell you later."

"So, are you the opposite of Spike?" you ask. "Are you an angel? Are you hiding your wings?"

Once again, the man chuckles behind his mask. "Well, I did come here from heaven. So many questions, Tofoo. That's a good quality."

"Excuse me, but are you two planning on fighting any time soon?" Baba asks.

"Actually, Baba, might I make a request of you?" the man asks.

"Yes, what is it?" she asks in return.

"Considering this is my first time fighting in quite a while, I was wondering if we could move this outside to the grand arena to mark the occasion," he tells her. "Besides, I think the fresh air will do us all some good."

"Yes, very well," Baba says. "Well then, let's go."

Baba floats beside the masked man, the two of them leading the way out of the dark and deadly building.

"Well, looks like you got lucky," Krillin comments. "This guy isn't nearly as scary as the other ones."

"Yeah, but he is number five," Bulma points out. "And I'm sure Baba saved her best for last."

Goku doesn't add any comment, staring at the masked figure, seeming confused, and almost transfixed. He almost seems to be in another place, and it kind of worries you.

>A. Ask Goku what's wrong

>B. Tell Bulma and Krillin that you've got this

>C. Promise Bulma you'll be careful with this match

>D. Something else

Get out.

>>A. Ask Goku what's wrong

>B. Tell Bulma and Krillin that you've got this
I do admit, that pun was a piece of schist. I've pretty much hit rock bottom.

>A. Ask Goku what's wrong
It's not a full moon, is it?

i wish i could make like an eagle and drop your ass directly into mount doom.

How does Bulma see us?

One of her best friends, along with Goku. She feels she can talk to you more, though, since you understand things better than Goku.

She doesn't want to /ss/ us yet? pity.

>>B. Tell Bulma and Krillin that you've got this

strawpoll.me/10658871

>/ss/
She isn't that much older than us actually

DID SOMEBODY SAY SS

Shhh

"I've got this," you promise Bulma and Krillin.

Bulma nods. "Just be careful. We're so close, so don't get careless."

"Would you relax, Bulma?" Krillin asks. "Tofoo can handle this no problem."

Goku continues to stare at the masked fighter ahead of you.

"What's wrong?" you ask him.

"That guy...." he answers. "He smells nice."

"Just don't try eating him, Tofoo," Krillin jokes to you. "I think that's against the rules."

Goku smiles, letting out a happy sigh. "I don't know why, but I feel like that guy's a really great person."

"What? You mean he's really strong?" Bulma asks.

Goku tilts his head to the side, thinking about it. "I don't know."

Baba and the masked fighter step into the ring, where the pink ghost from earlier rolls a tray of refreshments over to the fortune teller, who compliments it before taking a drink.

"Hey! Can you have your lunch after you've read our fortune?" Bulma asks angrily.

"So confident, and so rude," Baba comments. "Very well, you two may begin when you wish."

"Do your best," the masked fighter tells you with a bow. "That's all anyone can ask of you, and all you can offer."

>A. Bow in return

>B. Promise you will

>C. Charge at him and test his strength

>D. Go on the defensive to test his strength

>E. Attempt to catch him off-guard with the Afterimage Technique

>F. Wolf Fang Fist

>G. Something else

>>A. Bow in return
>F. Wolf Fang Fist
After your reply about yamcha, I feel like doing this

>A. Bow in return
>F. Wolf Fang Fist

>>F. Wolf Fang Fist

You bow to the man, then begin the match on the offensive.

You dash across the ring, closing the distance quickly and opening with a special attack, one you learned from Yamcha and that he's not likely to recognize.

"Wolf Fang Fist!"

You throw a punch at the man, who reaches down and catches your fist. You follow with a claw-strike that he parries with his free hand.

With the masked man still gripping your right fist, you attack with a flurry of claw-strikes with your left. The man has incredible speed, however, and is able to block each one.

"You've got a lot of spirit," the man comments, stepping back in the face of your attack. "And your strength is very impressive."

As you pull back your left arm to throw another claw-strike, he lifts you by your right arm, tossing you high into the air above his head, and leaping up after you.

>A. Attempt a Kamehameha Wave before he can reach you

>B. Get ready to block his attacks

>C. Defend, and wait for a chance to counter

>D. Afterimage

>E. Bear Shout

>F. Something else

>>E. Bear Shout

>>C. Defend, and wait for a chance to counter

The man's approaching fast, so you don't feel that you have enough time to use one of your more powerful techniques.

Instead, you go for good old-fashioned defense, waiting for your opponent to come and preparing to protect yourself.

When he's just beneath you, the man throws a punch, and you meet it with a kick, pushing yourself off and doing a backflip as he kicks upward.

His kick misses, and the two of you end up level with each other, at which point the man begins attacking with a combinations of chops and punches.

He doesn't attack too fast. In fact, there's usually a second or two between each strike. But, when he does attack, it's fast and precise, each one nearly catching you as you struggle to block and parry.

Gravity begins to do its job, and the two of you start falling back into the ring, the masked man continues to strike at you as you struggle to keep him from landing a hit.

Finally, when he makes a chop, you catch his wrist, roughly pulling him in and punching him in the face just before the two of you touch the ground.

You release his wrist, causing your punch to throw him back, and the two of you to land a short distance away from one another.

The masked man lands in a crouch, standing back up and getting back into a fighting stance.

"Good," he tells you. "Very good."

>A. Tell him he's good too

>B. Ask if he's having fun

>C. Charge and attack

>D. Defend

>E. Afterimage

>F. Double Afterimage

>G. Kamehameha

>H. Bear Shout

>I. Something else

>>I. Something else
Shoryuken combo

>>G. Kamehameha

>A, B, then Afterimage and attack from behind our Afterimage instead of from behind

>F. Double Afterimage

>A. Tell him he's good too
>C. Charge and attack
Jump over him
>F. Double Afterimage

"You're good, too," you tell the man.

He chuckles. "Thanks, I had the best teacher in the world."

"Are you having fun?" you ask him.

"Oh my, yes!" the man answers. "This is the first fight I've had in ages, and it's shaping up to be a good one."

Having said enough, you rush toward the masked man, leaping into the air and leaving yourself wide open for an attack.

"Nice try, but I was watching your matches," the man says, turning and kicking behind him.

He gasps in surprise as he kicks through a second Afterimage, and looks forward just in time to see you come through the first, giving him a good kick to the face.

The masked man falls to the ground, quickly sitting up. "Very impressive. The Afterimage Technique is very difficult to pull off, yet you seem to have mastered the more advanced version of it."

>A. That's nothing (Do a quadruple Afterimage)

>B. Ask how he knows that technique

>C. Wait for him to go back up before doing anything

>D. Attack while he's gone

>E. That's not all you know (Kamehameha)

>F. You know some more tricks (Bear Shout)

>G. Something else

>E. That's not all you know (Kamehameha)

>That's not all I know, (Double Afterimage Kamehameha)

>F. You know some more tricks (Bear Shout)

E. Kamahameha

And can we waifu Baba?

No

What if we used the dragon balls to wish for her youth? Then could we waifu Baba? She would at least be grateful.

>Wish for Baba to look the way she did in her youth
>She looks the same

No

See? This user gets it

Let Bulma make her wish. When she gets shut down we let Goku make one.

He's going to wish for an ever lasting Dinosaur tail.

Hi SOM!

I got another one of those 24h bans for "Off topic" but I reset my router and I'm good to go.

While to be fair I was off-topic, so was the entire rest of the thread in which I was posting, and the rest of the thread didn't (Dead).

I'll accept it, I'll hope on the Bulma train then, until 18/Lazuli is relevant again.

Then by god Tofoo will kill as many people as need be for Goku to attain that wish

"That's not all I know," you tell him.

"Oh?" he asks, getting to his feet and adopting a defensive position.

Smiling, you cup your hands at your side. "Ka.....me......."

"What? You too?" the man asks, shocked.

"Ha.....me....." you continue, a blue ball of light appearing in your hands.

"HAAAAAA!!!!" you shout, thrusting your hands toward the man and letting a bright blue beam of light shoot from your palms.

He stands his ground, and your blast hits him and passes right through. The man fades from view, and that's when you know you've been had.

"Surprise!" you hear from behind you.

Spinning around, you see the man coming at you with a flying kick, striking you in the face and throwing you to the ground.

"I'm impressed," he says as you roll back and get to your feet. "Very few people have mastered the Kamehameha Wave."

He puts one foot back. "But now, let me show you something."

Moving his hands down to his side, he cups them just like you did.

"Ka....me....."

>A. That's impossible!

>B. Ask how he knows that

>C. Use your own Kamehameha against it

>D. Use the same strategy as him, and use the Afterimage

>E. Stand your ground and endure the attack

>F. Something else

You fool!
You forgot your train ticket mang

What if we have to kill Bulma, Lazuli, or Krillin?

I'd definitely be interested in meeting 18 down the line later, but I liked 18. Maybe not whatever our intervention would turn her into, and I might not be so into it by the time we get to that point in the story (if we get there).

>DODGE

2Kameha4u

>F. Something else
Form energy around your hand and drill through the kamehameha
Of course, we'll do anything right now to get Bulma her wish and we'll do anything then to get Goku his wish

>D. Use the same strategy as him, and use a triple afterimage.

Glad you could join us

>No Krillin
>We get Chi-Chi and develop the Destructo Disk
Sorry, Krilldog, but it's a win-win.

Beam struggle hype, even if it kills us, it's worth. Use our dying words to tell Bulma to wish for that boyfriend, it'll wish us back as well.

DO IT

DC to channel our inner Piccolo and DODGE!

Basically the same thing we did against Jackie Chun

DC to press the muffin button?

Rolled 45 (1d100)

OH SHIT MAN

Rolled 70 (1d100)

He knows the Kamehameha Wave.

Well, so do you. So, you cup your hands at your side.

"Ka....me....." you begin.

"Ha....me...."

He continues.

You repeat the words, then use the Afterimage Technique, aiming to use the same strategy that let you strike a major blow against Jackie Chun.

The masked man pauses, then turns around, thrusting his hands toward the real you.

"HAAAA!!!!" he shouts.

A blue beam of light shoots from his palms, heading right for you.

Looks like you have no choice but to answer in kind.

"HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" you shout, unleashing your own attack.

The two bright beams race toward one another, colliding in a brilliant flash and loud crash, accompanied by a powerful gust of wind that pushes both you and your opponent backwards.

"How marvelous!" Baba declares. "This is entertainment!"

The two of you keep feeding energy into your blasts, attempting to overpower one another and win this little struggle of beams.

>A. Overpower him, you can do it! (50)

>B. Stop, and take the blast

>. Use your own Kamehameha against it

>>A. Overpower him, you can do it! (50)

Though the way we roll, maybe we can't.

>A

>Overpower him, you can do it!

You can do eet

Rolled 68, 16, 75, 18, 64, 74, 58 = 373 (7d100)

better clear some low rolls outta the system first

We'll either roll in the 90's and wipe him out, robbing of his chance to talk to Goku, roll well in the 50's-70's and win, or fuck up royally.

You massive kike.

... yes, user. Killing him, winning without killing him, and losing ARE the three options.

Five of those rolls were over the fucking DC.

Calling it now
>all three rolls are 49 and it leads an extended struggle

Rolled 18, 80, 96 = 194 (3d100)

It's ok I can roll low this time

you fuck

Rolled 84 (1d100)

user. this is how it's done.

ROLL

Rolled 15 (1d100)

Do it for her.

Rolled 75 (1d100)

Time for failure!

Rolled 44 (1d100)

now the good ones are gone

Rolled 83 (1d100)

Rolling while shitting

Fuck, so close.

This masked fighter's strength is amazing, and, with his figuring out your trick catching you off-guard, it seems at first that he'll win your little struggle.

But, you aren't about to quit, pushing your palms forward and doing everything you can to overpower your foe. At first, all you manage to do is slow him down, but soon, his beam stops its advance.

Yelling, you push your palms further ahead, and your beam begins to push his back, slowly working its way toward the masked man.

"What are you doing?!" Baba asks. "Win! Crush! Destroy! I don't like losers!"

Yelling, you put even more into your attack, and manage to overpower the old man, throwing him off his feet and pushing him across the ring, where your Kamehameha explodes, throwing him from it.

It seems you've won, but he just barely manages to avoid falling into the lake.

Still, he doesn't get up, and your friends begin cheering, declaring your victory.

However, the masked man gets back up, and steps into the ring.

"That was very impressive," he compliments. "You're far stronger than I expected."

He makes no aggressive moves, keeping his hands at his sides as he slowly walks toward you.

"Tell me, are you and Goku good friends?" he asks as he gets closer.

>A. You are

>B. Friends and rivals

>C. Ask why he's interested in Goku

>D. Something else

>>B. Friends and rivals

>B. Friends and rivals

>B. Friends and rivals
>C. Ask why he's interested in Goku

>A. You are
&
>D. Tell him you think he'll be pretty, under that pretty mask

>B. Friends and rivals

>A. You are
>B. Friends and rivals

>D. Something else
We owe Goku a fight after this. We're gonna spar to see who wins!

"Friends and rivals," you answer. "I owe him a match after this, so we can see who's stronger."

"Hehehe, just what I wanted to hear," the man says, standing right in front of you now.

"Why are you suddenly interested in Goku?" you ask.

He leans in and whispers to you. "Keep this a secret for now, but I'm really Goku's Grandfather. I came here hoping I'd get a chance to fight him, but that didn't happen. But, since you're even stronger than I am, I want you to fight him so I can see how far he's come. Can you do that for me? If you say yes, I'll surrender the match."

>A. Yes

>B. Liar, Goku's Grandpa is dead

>C. Oh, that explains the halo

>D. Ask why he doesn't want Goku to know yet

>E. Something else

>E. Can I get some rest first? I've been fighting pretty hard.

>>A. Yes
>C. Oh, that explains the halo

>E. Something else
Agree to fight Goku, but refuse to accept his surrender.

Also, can I speak to my mom and dad? Tell them I'm doing ok