A:NR General - It's been a while edition

It's been a while since we've had one, but 23 Seconds (and thus the whole of Flashpoint) is Shipping Now

What have you been playing?
What do you want to try?
Anyone gone to any Championships?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com/
runthenet.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/BfdZy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Preemptive threadly reminder that Snares wins games

No-one's interested?

Last self-bump - this looks pretty great, even if it is a bit expensive, it's basically a Liberated Account that rewards you for running, which is what should be doing as a criminal anyway

I think it'll be a great option for criminals that plan on attacking a single server multiple times in a few turns. Put it on HQ as Gabe and you're running HQ for 6 less creds. Plus, it might actually make Career Fair worth it (for real) in crim. Daily Casts, Earthrise, and this are a great foundation package for career fair to boost out.

I wish Chrysalis triggered from Archives. It's worse than Shock or most other Sentry ICE as is, imo. Most of the time it'll only really work early, and it's going to get immediately trashed.

The problem with criminal resources has historically been that they can't reach critical mass to outpace account siphon as economy. You have some great enabling cards like the supplier and career fair, but those only work with high cost resources which require you immediately clear your siphon tags. There are ways to mitigate even that cost [crash space and networking], but then you've turned one of criminals signature cards into a whole turn event, making it very tricky to play. Plus most of those decks run account siphon anyway, since there aren't a whole lot of late game pressure cards out of criminal, so you have to take their money to do things and if you're doing that why not don't I just switch a few slots around...

So that choice normally leans toward what works and is familiar, just playing desperado and cheap resources that you can replace if they get trashed. Temujin contract looks big and worthwhile in both kinds of decks, since it is stacking run econ, but my guess is that it won't show up in the cheap run econ based decks. Its too big of a risk and takes your whole turn, while also leaving 8 if you have to use it immediately cause you're tagged. Out of resource econ based build like the supplier however, it is very much worth it. Naming a central now means you're 4 credits removed from a scoring window after checking, plus the cost now is nowhere near as prohibitive and you can combine it with big runs. TTW should be a big help to those builds anyway and this may push them over the top. That isn't likely, but it could happen.

I've always felt that career fair hasn't been as good in crim because of low draw. However, with enough money you can support more drug dealers and bring that draw up. Temujin might help that a lot.

It's kinda strange how we almost have the first pack of the next cycle but the third pack hasn't been spoiled yet. I'm wondering if the spoilers are going to be a lot tighter this time around.

>Plus, it might actually make Career Fair worth it (for real) in crim.
Damn, yeah, that is nice

...that's a good point.
We know Lucas was vocally against spoilers, pic related, but Damon has been practically silent on the issue.
Now I'm wondering if he shares that dislike but is being more subtle about it to avoid pissing anyone off, playtesters and players alike.

I think it's ok once you manage to get it on the table though. So it's basically a weaker Neural Katana installed, and a 1 cost to trash ambush otherwise.

Yeah, I like that it's dual-use, even if it's not super potent.
Though of course even when you encounter it it's still a 2 Strength Sentry, so mimic laughs.

Probably a product of the "better to make underpowered than OP" school, like monolith and the advance-while-rezzed's

Jank kill of the week: Bullfrog, Labyrinthine counter, into a supercharged Junebug.

Been experimenting with Harvester in Chronos Protocol, and with a Mental Health Clinic/Sweeps Week base econ package I kinda like it actually.

Make the runner draw, eliminate the meddlesome cards. With both Salem cards in the deck you can basically ruin the runner. Biggest issue is dealing with what reaches the table.
Fun with a mass-install set up, is that new card a Psychic Field? Is it a Bio-Ethics Association?

Not great so far, but been having a lot of fun with some variations.

>I've always felt that career fair hasn't been as good in crim because of low draw

Definitely part of the issue, yeah. More importantly I think: only 4 resources in faction actually benefit from it. And those aren't exactly must-includes either. Compare with Anarch's 10 and it's easy to see why the card took a home in orange.

>both Salem cards
Nice, been using a 1-of of hospitality, only been semi-successful, but I'm seriously tempted to do an NBN control-type deck with KGRTV so I can pick off the runner's hand at will

Also Exchange of Info + Breaking News is really nice, or so I hear

>Exchange of Info + Breaking News

Having been on the receiving end of it: it's ugly. Global Food adds insult to injury.
I do enjoy that it's part of a package that makes the old Restructured Datapool decks dangerous instead of just annoying, though.

NBN control is on my list, but it's one of those decks I've been trying to get off the ground for so long I'd rather play something else right now. People might kill me if I don't.

BlacKat not displaying cards for anyone else?

That makes sense, I've had a similar thing with advancable Weyland, though it's mitigated somewhat by me mostly playing online.

Too slow for faster decks, not really able to do endgames (though this is mainly against shaper endgames), probably wouldn't work nearly so well without the kill as backup, which takes up a fairly large chunk of the deck

I can see this being to Leela what Tech Trader was to Geist. A complete game changer as far as pacing is concerned.

Power-turn Leela decks might have left some breathing room to the corp by being poor(er) after a power turn. Now they'll be in all probability richer. At the very least ready to go against glacier. Which is kind of a terrifying prospect.

Hold on to your balls, 23 seconds spoilers
imgur.com/a/BfdZy

Stealth Console anyone?

Dan's card, ofc it has the smug fuck on it

A no-shit sherlock

And of course another NBN ID
Because we were so short of those

Also in the pack: Georgia Emiwhatever, Null, Stock Buy-back, Hard Hitting News, System Outage and Chrysalis

I'm in love with Cortez. It does two things I really wanted for Crim.

Hey, I knew I recognised that name from somewhere

Yeah, I like the ID at first sight, but way overkill on the NBN release schedule.

Fairchild 1.0 or Bioroid Pup. Cute.
Crisis Management makes me want to play it for sure, if anything.

Recognized the name immediately. Love the chip myself.

Loving a good amount of these, the flavor text on Hyoubu is especially amazing. Sandburg feels weirdest to me since I've never managed to keep 10+ credits in my pool for that long.

Crisis Management makes me wonder what kind of situations would a runner want to keep tags. Tag me decks for sure, but I wonder what else. Here's to hoping Weyland's tagging abilities get better though.

Wondering about Hyoubu in Nisei.

Interesting all those 0rez/4 trash cards.

Stealth AI... interesting, but set up going to have some econ problem methinks.

Console is cool. And with all the various recurring credits options in Shaper, small in effect but potentially incredibly versatile.

Sherlock 2.0... I wonder.

As always with Weyland, landing the tag is the hard part.

I'm liking the idea of a cost-free (well, once scored) deterrent to tag floating though.

There's going to be some great Reina vs Weyland duo decks to design with this cycle, I can feel it.

Stealth AI with decent stats and a console to support it. Has massive support in faction for it as well. We will see a shit ton of this card at Tier 1.

Deuces Wild is OP, It will be 3 of in all Tier 1 decks. I expect it to be on the MWL some time in the future.

Fairchild is unplayable. Sherlock is not bad but if I am paying 7 credits for a card I expect more out of it then just uninstalling a program.
Hyoubu is interesting, it might be playable in Nisei division.

Watchdog is CRAZY good for Tag Storm decks. Controlling the Message is ok but I think NEH is still better for sideways decks.
Crisis Management is fairly playable Weyland Tag Storm is not that awful and this adds a fair bit of power to it.
Sandburg will be on the MWL in the future. Super Server Weyland is going to be hell to deal with...

>I've never managed to keep 10+ credits in my pool for that long.

Happens a lot with Weyland builds when you have to sit on a lot of credits for your kill threat to stay remotely believable.

HB glacier can often too.

With Jinteki and NBN, yeah, in my experience generally it more happens for short peek moments.

The ID itself is okay (though have fun trashing San San and then clearing a tag), but yeah, the release schedule is a bit much.

Crisis has the eternal Weyland problem - you don't let Weyland tag you

The thing that sold me on Hyoubu was the pic with it - all the Neisi's yelling noooo, as millions of lives get fucked over

Sandburg I really like - clearly, being rich this cycle isn't always going to be good for you, pic related, but having a minimum of 2+ to ice strength is really nice.
Given I naturally align with Weyland, I'm thinking Blue Sun - I pick up Orion, all my ice get (at least) +3 strength

Eh, as long as PPVP is on the MWL I think DW is okay - it's 1 inf too

Sherlock at least puts the cards at the bottom of the stack this time

Yeah, that consoles gonna see play even outside of stealth decks. 3 credits for 2 memory makes it as efficient as Maya, but the ability has no drawback. Even playing multithreader or playing just one source of recurring credits makes it worthwhile.

I'm not sure about Dai V. The only untyped sources of stealth credits are cloak and Ghost Runner, so it takes a while to set up and you only get one or two recurring uses a turn out of it without dipping into Ghost Runners. The way its worded requires all of the credits come from stealth as well, so you have to have two on the board. It's a good idea, but it won't replace a whole breaker suite.

It will work more like supplemental atmans, but for subroutine problems rather than strength. Cloak isn't a bad card, so you can play it before Dai and then you use Dai on all those sub spam ice that shaper breakers have problems with. There's also some study guide synergy as well, since Cloak works with those. Look for it in Congress style builds (which will love Mirror by the way).

Why is Fairchild unplayable? It's a Pup. HB Pup.

That NBN ID has reduced influence, just like BoN. So that makes 3 of 7 IDs with reduced influence this cycle, with 3 more unknown. It looks like we're not going to have NEH problems going forward, especially since the design team now seems to lean toward giving a reduced deck size.

Also, which runner cards trash installed corp cards on their turn? I can think of Political Operative, which I have seen used to stop SanSan plays in a way that CtM could exploit, but I can't think of other ways of doubling up.

There's the cutlery suite as well as Forged Activation Order too.

No, those trash corp cards on the runner turn. I'm looking at the runner trashing corp cards on the corp turn, which doubles up on CtM. I can only think of Political Operative, since its a paid ability, but I may be mistaken.

Spoilers, Noise + paid ability installs.

Ignoring such shenanigans as An Offer..., literally every current trashes, but that might be the game, maybe Utopia Shard? (it says discard, but those cards are trashed)
Noise and spoilers are "the corp trashes" too

Hmm

Are currents installed? Also, is it the runner that trashes the corp's card? The cards Noise trashed aren't installed, and Spoilers has the corp doing the trashing.

Ah, read that wrong, my bad. PolOp seems to be it actually.

Card needs to be installed for the ability to take effect, while current aren't actually installed I think, just played.

Even if Utopia and currents are runner fired, they won't trigger CtM since those aren't installed cards which are trashed. I can't even think of corp cards with something like "the runner may --- to trash this" that could fire CtM. It's just a weird narrow area of the design space that is very specifically left into CtM's text.

I had not thought of the An offer you can't refuse synergy though. You have to have an installed upgrade for the condition to be met though. Maybe product placement? CtM may make that more annoying than out of spark agency, which I wasn't sure was possible.

Yeah, I didn't read the "installed" bit there.
Yeah, I'm at a loss to what installed things the Runner might trash in the Corp turn, but we do have a precedent at least, in Polop

Seeing this thread reminded me how much I miss playing A:NR.

Why'd you stop?

Also, there's always Jinteki

Same. My 8-man "meta" is all about GoT now, but I can still get a game going occasionally.

Do you not play on Jinteki.net?

>Sherlock is not bad but if I am paying 7 credits for a card I expect more out of it then just uninstalling a program.

Taxing the runner so has not to fire isn't good enough these days?

I really hate that desire to turn ICE into installed Operations of sort. Not aiming at you particularly, but that's something you see a lot, and I don't think it's good fr the game.

It has always been that way. ICE is the weakest design aspect of the entire game.

The real travesty about Deuce's Wild is that the Dan lookalike isn't wearing a wrestling suite.

Too complex for my friend so we play Magic. Meh. And it was too complex for my other friend so we played L5R.
I hilariously suck at L5R.
I only recently learned of Jinteki.net. Looks like amazing site. All pros of OCTGN and none of the cons. You can even do it from tablet and stuff, truly amazing.

So I'm guessing the problem is on my end then. Where does econ come from for the Corp side usually? Especially since everything is trashable, other than maybe operations. Anything common for Weyland/Argus in particular?

>It has always been that way.

I don't think so. Certainly, ICE destruction has always been an issue of sort since the reboot, but ICE being basically consumables instead of recurring transaction is mostly a specific, relatively late development.

And I don't think turning ICE into transactions of sort - or giving widespread on-encounter effects - is the right solution.

May be wrong on that one, but well, in the long run I think the game needs that differentiated econ aspect that this would erase.

>Especially since everything is trashable,

There's a reason the Whizz has become so big recently: just because everything is trash-able doesn't mean the runner can afford to do so.

I mean, just look at that now staple Breaker Bay Grid +econ asset play... hard for the runner to come on top, and sooner or later you're going to force most runners to let you get your credits.

Add easy recursion to that mix, and you can start to see why people hate the museum (even though I myself find the reaction to it overblown).

The question about GPI Net Tap... how often do you need/want to use Snitch more than once per run?

In a vacuum, I'm finding it an interesting alternative. Given the current popular decks, I think it will be some time before we feel a need to slot it.

>how often do you need/want to use Snitch more than once per run?
Every run? Basically GPI Net Tap let you jack out if you see danger at a better level than Snitch.
Snitch weakness, and to a certain degree Recon, is that you can get hit by a surprise ICE after the first expose if you keep running. GPI Net Tap on the other hand is a perfect emergency jack out.

>Every run?

Interesting. Me I think I rarely need the jacking out more than once. Most of the time I know what ICE are by running early and often.

Hmmm... this calls for rebuilding a deck and recording data.

Well it doesn't really allow for jacking out a lot, just when it matters

Hard hitting news is a sexy card. I want 3.

It's brutal.

>That weyland agenda
Unf, gimme all of those.

I'm really liking all those effects effects that give both incentive for the corp to sit on credits while empowering the runner if doing so.

Wondering if Anarch are going to get one... does the faction even need one?

Really digging this cycle so far.

Sandburg worries me. I have seen decks that can hit 30+ credits easy... Global +6 to all ICE is kind of OP.

It's an asset that you can just trash.

Well, it finally incentivizes shaper breakers. If you only have to pump once for each ice type, then Sandburg is a whole lot more manageable. Of course, it also ruins atman decks, so call it a wash.

What it really wrecks is anarch breakers. if the corp can build up and stay above about 15 credits, they're screwed, even Faust can't afford an extra 2 cards per ice, plus the parasite resistance.

I don't think it's going to be any big. It's on the same niche as IT Department, probably good anti D4v1d, but needs to be defended. People usually just abore ICE-enhancer assets.

You have to rez ICE for it to matter. Which will make it a bit harder to sit on those credits Or creates interesting new situations for low cost ICE I guess (just imagine Wraparound).

Runners have new card that help mitigate this.

And then just D4V1D and trash it.

I can see why people are worried, but I say give it time. Let's wait for testing.

IT Department took forever to build up. It mostly died out to most the games going to time.
Hard to do when even a small ICE becomes super taxing. Plus Weyland has a bunch of ways fetch it and recover it. Like seems like a great option of a Kill and Super Remote switch deck.

More than anything I use it to force a run on the server.

It's much less time intensive than IT department and setting up a Sandburg favorable situation is much less conspicuous. Think about trying to get through a 6 strength NEXT Silver or something like it.

I used to play an Foundry glacier back in Lunar that ran corporate troubleshooter since that was so unpleasant for the runner. Sandburg requires a similar credit investment, but its reusable and general, which really pays off. Seriously, I could get 10 ice rezzed by turn 8, which combined with Peak Efficiency made my ice ridiculous. Sandburg would slot into that perfectly, since I already had 3 Executive Boot Camp which required a secondary server that I could slot Sandburg into after tutoring for it.

The only problem I ever had was parasite, which Sandburg soft counters, plus there's Magnet now and its harder to recur those forever.

So that would give 13-15 ice slots [All next, Mother Goddess, Magnets, maybe Architects], all but 3 rezzable for 4 or fewer credits. If you play out of foundry, you can play them forever between jacksons, HB Recursion, and EBC. Nothing is D4vidable until you stick down Sandburg, at which point everything except for maybe next silver gets out of reasonable strength. Peak Efficiency turns on Sandburg after you've gotten your ice out, you have spent 6 influence so you can grab Navi Grids and even pay for Museums if you feel the need. This has all the makings of a serious deck, you're going to be under some early pressure but your ice is cheap and you can start setting up quick.

And then derezzing/headlock focused runner deck.

Would make for a cool matchup.

You know that moment when you *know* you're having a very, *very* bad idea, but still have an irrepressible desire to put it into motion?

I'm really, really wanting to build a full cybernetics Valencia Fear the Masses/Paige Piper deck.

I need to be stopped.

>a full cybernetics Valencia
I did that once.
Terrible idea. Though PP/FtM is good for thinning the deck...

Also, I did it properly, with Cyberfeeders and a Spinal Modem - not cybernetics by type, obviously, but they still count.
Actually had a nice number of recurring credits, but by then the opponent had usually won

I've actually really liked the Making an Entrance/Piper set up with Valencia. Very high variance, and calls for very tight, careful piloting, but it allows you to dig for Blackmail really, really fast, which in turns gives you some more leeway to set up.

The cybernetics is overkill, but I just so much want to make a full cybernetics deck that works. Doesn't need to be great, but just work.

And with Fear the Masses, it kinda makes sense too: you need the grip increase from Brain Cage, you have strong use for the tools to prevent sensitive grip cards from being trashed that Titanium Ribs provides (probably the only way Ramujan makes sense to me in the released context; it accelerates your deck thinning while protecting the sensitive cards you need to keep in grip for your long term strategy), Net-Ready Eyes is always welcome in a fixed breaker suite... and, well, ok, Skulljack is Skulljack, but even it I've played in Valencia with Desperado, and in the current context it's powerful, spending a full turn to trash assets while expending little no credit is welcome... I'm trying to be nice, ok?

Giving it a bit more thought, Fear the Masses might just fit perfectly in that old Quetzal glory run build.

Duggar to ram thorough your stack. DaVinci allows you to install at the very least Origami without using a click. You can get that deck going really fast... Spoiler for slow start up?

Secondary Infection Vector
2 credits
Resource Virtual

The runner may expose the hosting card whenever a card is hosted on an installed Corp cad.

Criminal 2 Influence

Rather than looking at it as a Snitch alternative, it looks a lot better as an information gathering tool. You get to find out what the ice are, even if they don't rez it, made deadlier with any rez restriction cards like Blackmail or DDoS. This could make High-Stakes Job more of a... Sure Gamble.

>Plus Weyland has a bunch of ways fetch it and recover it.
I'm curious, any examples?

Not too many cards let the Corp host something on an installed Corp card I think, might not be worth the card slot.

bump

Alrighty friendos, what decks should I take to Regionals?

I don't even know what this is meant to help with.

If something's hosting a card, I'd say 9 times out of 10 you know what the host is, simply because it has to be rezzed to host - obviously, there are exceptions, like you can host a knight on something, but those are pretty rare

Boot Camp can tutor it, and there's also Atlas.
And aggressive Negotiation, but no-one uses that.

Hmm, would an asset - possibly an executive though I think it'd have to be high inf to avoid poaching by NBN - with something like
"Whenever you score an agenda you may play an operation from HQ, paying all costs."
be fair and a good way to get aggressive negotiation to see more play?
Or would it likely be OP?

That asset would be OP for different reasons I think. Imagine scoring Hostile Takeover and using the asset to play Breaking News or Midseasons.

*Hard-Hitting News I mean, though fast advancing an agenda would also be an option.

Well you couldn't do Breaking News , ah right.

Yeah, thinking on it, that could easily get silly - Score a Posted Bounty? Scorch. Or Subcontract for double Scorch

I think it'd be a cool card to exist, but I think for balance it'd have to be nerfed way down, and then what would be the point

I was trying to think of something that would have synergy with caïssa without using the subtype. I don't think the card is worth the print as is - unless new support cards - I just liked the idea of "reading the board".

>If something's hosting a card, I'd say 9 times out of 10 you know what the host is, simply because it has to be rezzed to host

True for the corp cards so far and Parasite. I think there's just the Caïssa set so far, isn't it?

Yeah I think so.

I do like making custom cards though, even if often they turn out either OP (like mine) or nigh unusable - it's a fun way to waste time

Slowpoke... given past naming conventions (Cloak&Dagger etc...), does a console named Mirror imply we're finally going to get Smoke?

Ooh, shit I hope so.
We are back in New Angeles now, after all

Some flavour for Sandburg:
>“Money is power, freedom, a cushion, the root of all evil, the sum of blessings.”
>– Carl Sandburg, American poet and author

Also it means Sandcastle in German, very fitting for what is likely highly temporary strength

I wonder if other cards are going to extend the quote.

What, space ice style?
Unless they add "Money is" to the front of all of them it'd look pretty weird, but it would be cool if they do
"money is power"
"money is freedom"
"money is a cushion"
"money is the root of all evil"
"money is the sum of all blessings"

The "root of all evil" one is know well enough that it doesn't need the mention.

Hell, have the Anarch card that affects 10+credit wielding corp players named Root of All Evil with "sum of all blessings" as its quote. Works perfectly I think. And you can play cards off for density of meaning.

Card assembly as a poetry vehicle. As someone that loves how originally the haikai practice was a form of parlor game, I really dig the idea.

Question for you all: on the anarch card The Noble Path, you trash your grip, make a run, and avoid all damage during the run.

Wouldn't you lose the moment you trash your grip? Every other time your grip size is 0, you lose.

Incorrect, you need to be dealt damage more than the number of cards in your grip to flatline. You can play with 0 cards in hand, it'd just be extremely perilous.

The nbn id seems a bit inconsequential. I'm assuming we're going to get a 'reboot' of all the genesis corp IDs.

Not at all.
For one thing, it doesn't actually affect grip size, it just makes you trash your grip, but having no cards in you grip at any time doesn't mean you lose.

That would mean that any time you finish a Faust run with 0 cards you would lose, and that isn't the case either

You can also actually have a grip size of 0 and you don't lose - you just can't hold any cards over from your turn into the corp's turn (should you be able to draw on the corp's turn, say through Drug Dealer, you get to keep that, and can keep it when your turn begins)

It's ONLY if your grip size goes below 0, or you take more damage than you have cards in your grip that you lose.

I don't know about inconsequential. Makes trashing anything a lot costlier, one way or the other.

Those SanSan Grids were already a mouthful before... as a trigger happy Anarch player, I'm really digging it actually. Makes for interesting decisions.

So a runner with 4 cards in their grip is safe from a single scorched earth that deals 4 meat damage?

Exactly. Reaching zero doesn't kill you. Having to discard more cards than you have in your grip from a damage source does. Or having a negative hand size (rare and very specific, but can happen).

OK, in that case I believe that jinteki.net has it coded in there wrong, I used scorched earth when my opponent had 4 cards in his grip and it ended the game. Is there a way to suggest changes or submit bugs for them?