/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Charles Bronson Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/zax7jmo7gu8gyx3/Osprey - ELI 018 - Israeli Elite Units Since 1948.pdf
mediafire.com/download/lns3jw59hn3868v/Osprey - RAID 002 - The Entebbe Raid 1976.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ct-meb6U0
hasbro.com/common/instruct/7090001.PDF
mega.nz/#!XxdFjbDa!7JV42V3_z63CFDB4y7nKW3fkJFfiwPxUv2Ktl1sXVr8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Addio
ebay.de/itm/Lego-50-Reifen-Rader-25-Achsen-Fahrzeuge-Auto-Kg-/161934272036?hash=item25b408e624:g:lnkAAOSwWTRWyiW-
angelfire.com/mb2/battle_hastings_1066/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!
Bolt Action: Empire in Flames

July 4th in military history:

362 BC – Battle of Mantinea: The Thebans, led by Epaminondas, defeated the Spartans.
1187 – The Crusades: Battle of Hattin: Saladin defeats Guy of Lusignan, King of Jerusalem.
1253 – Battle of West-Capelle: John I of Avesnes defeats Guy of Dampierre.
1359 – Francesco II Ordelaffi of Forlì surrenders to the Papal commander Gil de Albornoz.
1456 – Ottoman wars in Europe: The Siege of Nándorfehérvár (Belgrade) begins.
1610 – The Battle of Klushino is fought between forces of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth and Russia during the Polish–Muscovite War.
1776 – American Revolution: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
1802 – At West Point, New York, the United States Military Academy opens.
1863 – American Civil War: Siege of Vicksburg: Vicksburg, Mississippi surrenders after 47 days of siege. 150 miles up the Mississippi River a Confederate Army is repulsed at the Battle of Helena, Arkansas.
1863 – American Civil War: The Army of Northern Virginia withdraws from the battlefield after losing the Battle of Gettysburg, signalling an end to the Southern invasion of the North.
1903 – Philippine–American War officially is concluded.
1918 – World War I: The Battle of Hamel, a successful attack by the Australian Corps against German positions near the town of Le Hamel on the Western Front.
1942 – World War II: The 250-day Siege of Sevastopol in the Crimea ends when the city falls to Axis forces.
1943 – World War II: The Battle of Kursk, the largest full-scale battle in history and the world's largest tank battle, begins in Prokhorovka village.
1976 – Israeli commandos raid Entebbe airport in Uganda, rescuing all but four of the passengers and crew of an Air France jetliner seized by Palestinian terrorists.

It is 40 years since Operation Entebbe, a successful counter-terrorist hostage-rescue mission carried out by commandos of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) at Entebbe Airport in Uganda.

A week earlier on 27 June, an Air France plane with 248 passengers had been hijacked by two members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – External Operations (PFLP-EO) under orders of Wadie Haddad and two members of the German Revolutionary Cells. The hijackers had the stated objective to free 40 Palestinian and affiliated militants imprisoned in Israel and 13 prisoners in four other countries in exchange for the hostages. The flight, which had originated in Tel Aviv with the destination of Paris, was diverted after a stopover in Athens via Benghazi to Entebbe, the main airport of Uganda. The Ugandan government supported the hijackers, and dictator Idi Amin personally welcomed them. After moving all hostages from the aircraft to a disused airport building, the hijackers separated all Israelis and several non-Israeli Jews from the larger group and forced them into a separate room. Over the following two days, 148 non-Israeli hostages were released and flown out to Paris. 94, mainly Israeli, passengers along with the 12-member Air France crew, remained as hostages and were threatened with death.

The IDF acted on information provided by the Israeli intelligence agency Mossad. The hijackers threatened to kill the hostages if their prisoner release demands were not met. This threat led to the planning of the rescue operation. These plans included preparation for armed resistance from Ugandan military troops. Israeli firms were involved in building projects in Africa during the '60s and '70s and while preparing the raid the IDF erected a partial replica of the airport terminal with the assistance of civilians who had helped build the original.

The operation took place at night. Israeli transport planes carried 100 commandos over 2,500 miles (4,000 km) to Uganda for the rescue operation. After a week of planning, the raid itself lasted 90 minutes. 102 hostages were rescued. Five Israeli commandos were wounded and one, the unit commander, Lt. Col. Yonatan Netanyahu, was killed. All 7 of the hijackers, three of the hostages and 45 Ugandan soldiers were killed, and 30 Soviet-built MiG-17s and MiG-21s of Uganda's air force were destroyed. Kenyan sources supported Israel, and in the aftermath of the operation Idi Amin issued orders to retaliate and slaughter several hundred Kenyans present in Uganda.

Operation Entebbe, which had the military codename Operation Thunderbolt, is sometimes referred to retroactively as Operation Jonathan in memory of the unit's leader, Yonatan Netanyahu. He was the older brother of Benjamin Netanyahu, the current Prime Minister of Israel. In the ensuing years, Muki Betser (2-in-C on the raid) and the Netanyahu brothers (all Sayeret Matkal veterans), argued in increasingly public forums about who was to blame for the unexpected early firefight that caused Yonatan's death and partial loss of tactical surprise.

As a result of the operation, the United States military would begin the development of Delta Force. In a letter dated 13 July 1976, the Supreme Commander's Staff of the Imperial Iranian Armed Forces praised the Israeli commandos for the mission and extended condolences for "the loss and martyrdom" of Netanyahu.

This raid is a daring and detailed affair that would be perfect for the tabletop. So many variables are in play and results could be different every time.

mediafire.com/download/zax7jmo7gu8gyx3/Osprey - ELI 018 - Israeli Elite Units Since 1948.pdf
mediafire.com/download/lns3jw59hn3868v/Osprey - RAID 002 - The Entebbe Raid 1976.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ct-meb6U0

Anyone still play Wooden Ships and Iron Men? I think that's my favorite historic war game.

Definitely 'an oldie but a goodie'. It was one of the first wargames I ever heard of.

Anyone betting that yet again despite the timing the wargames show at Bovington tank museum next weekend will still fail to have a Kursk-based game?

Osprey-user, if you're out there, would you by chance have a copy of Combat Aircraft 23, Arab-Israeli Air Wars, 1947-1982?

Thank you

>Wooden Ships and Iron Men
I'm going to tell a funny story.

>Game made by Avalon Hill
>AH Bought by Hasbro
>Hasbro has replacement rules sheets on their website for their board games
>Put Wooden Ships and Iron Men on the list
>LOL... The rules are the game

hasbro.com/common/instruct/7090001.PDF

Gonna need more pics

>Charles Bronson Edition
Fuck yeah.

No probs user. Put it on Mega because it's a little large and niche to go in the Moderns one.

Arab-Israeli Air Wars 1947-82 (Osprey Combat Aircraft 23)

When the UN called for the end of the British mandate and the partition of Palestine into two independent states, the RAF found itself under attack from both sides. Tracing the development of hostilities in the Middle East, this book covers the period from the establishment of the first proper Israeli Air Force in 1948 to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982. Israel's War of Independence against its Arab neighbours, the inevitable 'round two', the Suez Crisis of 1956, the Six Day War of 1967, the Yom Kippur wars of 1973 and the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982 are all detailed in this fascinating chronicle of war in the Middle East.

mega.nz/#!XxdFjbDa!7JV42V3_z63CFDB4y7nKW3fkJFfiwPxUv2Ktl1sXVr8

It was run by The Bunker at Partizan 2013. I'll post 3 more pics after this.

Bronson was one of those old-school movie tough guys who actually had seen combat; he flew 25 missions over Japan as a gunner on a B-29. He won a Purple Heart for wounds received during his service.

>Bronson was one of those old-school movie tough guys who actually had seen combat;
Fun Fact: Jimmy Stuart, of It's A Wonderful Life fame, flew somewhere between twenty official and forty or so unaccounted combat missions as a bomber crewman over europe and was awarded the DFC twice

Wasn't there a movie where he was part of a bomber crew under SAC? Or did my fevered brain put him in someone else's role?

Yep, it was even called "Strategic Air Command".

This is an amazing looking set of boards.

Has anybody played "A world in flames"? How is it? Do you use some kind of point system to balance it?

>"A world in flames"
You mean that Aussie-made monster-sized WW2 strategic game, user?

I should have specified, I mean the Osprey games inter-war company size game "A world in flames".

I guess he meant the Osprey interwar stuff.

"A world Aflame", sorry.

Playtesting my Vietnam game, got a big A1 map printed and laminated today.

US had a huge build up of forces in the first 4 turns (about 8 years of time in-game), but even outnumbered, the NVA and VC were able to inflict heavy casualties. Both sides have lost about 17,000 casualties at this point, and US forces are verging on having low morale.

The VC attempted to push into saigon, but were beaten back by shit tons of motorized infantry and artillery, their camouflaged infantry getting pinned down.

NVA forces in the north were able to outnumber 2:1 and annihilate a unit of Air Cavalry, and forces from both sides converged in a large battle around Da Nang and Hue.

The VC currently holds the city of Kontum although US forces are surrounding the city.

Due to some altercations with Civilians, the US lost some war support, and for the next 4 turns the war support is as follows:

VC/NVA: Build up of forces: D6+2 extra units per turn

US/SVA: Minimal unit on the ground: D6 - 1 extra units per turn.

So the US will be on the back foot for the next 4 turns, but they already have quite a few men on the ground. Losses are pretty even so the game seems pretty balanced at the moment... I definitely added a few things and clarified a few rules to far. Camouflaged infantry got nerfed a bit, same with tunneled infantry. Also I've introduced LRRPs for the US, so they can recon enemy forces.

That's fantastic. I love the terminal building. Transporting all that to the show would have been a real bear

Anyone know when/where this is?

Most likely the Congo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Addio

Name of the webm is the name of the movie. It should be on youtube.
its staged

Anyone have an a e s t h e t i c way of making tires in 20mm? They seem to be a very common part of road blocks in east Ukraine

Could you bulk-buy Lego (or fake lego) tires and use those?

That's a great idea. I was looking at slicing up automotive vacuum hose but the lego tires will have some more detail

Lego might be an option.

ebay.de/itm/Lego-50-Reifen-Rader-25-Achsen-Fahrzeuge-Auto-Kg-/161934272036?hash=item25b408e624:g:lnkAAOSwWTRWyiW-

For example, 50 tires for 12,50 is pretty reasonable if you ask me.

The VC forces assault Saigon retreat back up the ho chi minh trail, in the face of massive US resistance.

US Forces besieging Kon Tum are able to completely annihilate (or capture) the VC and NVA unit there, while in the north VC units make the most of having much more reinforcements, deploying 7 new units and immediately engaging the outnumbered US and SVA forces in Hue.

Faction Overview, Start of Turn 7:
>VC/NVA:
26,000 Casualties so far
War Support: Build up for major offensive: 2D6 extra units per turn
Morale: Average, verging on High

>US/SVA:
20,400 Casualties so far
Current War Support: Average Operations: D6 extra units per turn.
Morale: Average, verging on High

This pic is nice for two reasons:
1. The new russian desert camo
2. They use a fucking Nagant

I can't speak from personal experience, but I do know it's become the system of choice for a lot of people running Very British Civil War games, and they usually play "pick-up" battles where force sizes are determined based on campaign play and the nature of the battle. But given how straightforward it is you could easily create a points system of your own and include it.

Are you sure that isn't something government forces are using or a looted rebel weapon?

i think its a "modern" sports version of that rifle. I've seen pics of russians in Chechnya with it and in Georgia too.
I assume GRU units have some freedom when it comes to personal equipment.

I primed my current batch of minis yesterday evening and let them sit on the balcony over night.
I also ordered some new bases. I think i'll wait for them to prepare the rest of my modern minis so i can paint all of them in one go.

howtolightbox.jpg

First minis pretty much done aside from some cleanup related to the sides of the bases and sealing.

I'm pretty happy with the US woodland and Iranian desert DPM camo turned out, as well as the whites. I'm also pretty happy with the SKS guy in general.

Due to the shit lighting I used the black wash I did is not showing up as well and makes the minis appear noticeably brighter. I'm not particularly happy with the black wash which I think is mostly down to me fucking it up. Not very happy with the gunmetal (Black > Gunmetal > Desert Sand Wash > Black Wash) as it's too metallic so I think I should throw another thin layer of black after gunmetal in the future. There's a fuckoff huge moldline on woodland vest guy that I somehow missed. I feel like some paint is on too thick, particularly the 2nd guys right hand.

Audie Murphy was an actor too before his death

no, thats the sniper version of the mosin, you can tell by the different bolt and the way the scope is setup, although the scope is probably a more modern version than what originally came on that rifle.

Whether the russians still issue them or they found it on a rebel is beyond me though. They still use the ammo for it and I'm sure there's still some kicking around in a warehouse so I wouldnt be surprised to see it issued, but then again everyone has the damn things. Hell they go for under $500 in the states all the time with that exact set up

theres a lot of variety in that box. WWIi germans and what looks like soviets as well as some sort of more modern eastern bloc soldiers. What all is in there?

Anyone play SAGA? Really want to give it a go, the system looks very interesting with the 'battle boards'.

Plus I live relatively near to Hastings, so I like the idea of painting up some Anglo-Danish and Normans anyway.

It's a very fun game. It's also reasonably fast, so that you can get a game in without dedicating a day to it. Very "beer and pretzels", but in a good way.

Where abouts "roughly"? I have family from that end of the world (Battle, Rye, etc). Though I am on the other side of the world now!

Also: More info on 1066 wargames. That is tempting.

There is always fun shit floating around the world.

It actually looks somewhat decently cared for too.
I hope it actually went to a good home instead of either sitting in a weapons locker forever or being destroyed.

angelfire.com/mb2/battle_hastings_1066/

There are probably more up to date/fashionable things out there.

Anybody tried Galeforce 9's TANKS demo rules yet? I like the idea of small scale armor on armor actions, and would kind of like to run something along those lines using some smaller minis for a little bit better feeling of scale and not being a parking lot.

I guess the other part of the question I neglected to ask is if in fact they do suck, is there another ruleset that will scratch my itch?

Don't go into it expecting realism or simulation of any kind, it is super gamey.

It's apparently based on X-wing minis.

I scanned the rules, and there were certain similarities in the turn structure that reminded me of X-Wing. Glad to know I'm not going senile yet.

I don't mind gamey sometimes, but I think in this case I'd rather have something that's a bit more simulationist than gamey. Any recommendations?

Thank you user for the osprey!

BMP

I played 2 games when the starter boxes arrived at my FLGS a week and a half ago.

Both were 2 M4A4 Shermans (the British ones) vs 2 StuG IIIGs.
First one without any upgrades, the second one with 10 points of upgrades each.

It plays nice and quickly, with simple rules that seem to make both speeding around for close quarters and sitting at range to snipe worthwhile.
Simple, but quite a bit of fun.
I certainly plan to play it more, at least as a filler game between games of Flames of War or when I have a little spare time at my FLGS.

Bonus feature: the core set comes with stat cards for all tanks in the first wave and most upgrade cards. Only nation-specific crewmembers aren't in there.
That makes it fairly easy to also use spare models from other sources (Battlefront, Plastic Soldier Company) to get more of certain tank designs cheaply.

Well, I live much closer to London, but my parents own some land in Rye so I'm down there quite a lot. Such a beautiful part of the world.

>heroic scale
I was never quite sure if this worked out as a net positive for wargames. Fat hands and big heads doesn't make for pretty miniatures as such.

I think it is the only actual rule set made for tank skirmishs, if you want something less gamey mod one of those "realistic" wargames or at least one with complex rules for vehicles.

The first heroic minis weren't made like that so it could be easier to paint?

They have their own kind of charm as they are bloody easy to paint most of the time. It makes them a bit toy soldier-y, and when it's too over the top (like Platoon 20), it looks really bad. But when it's less apparent (I'd say S and S and Elhiem are in this ball park too), they aren't bad. I don't really a fan of them in 20mm mostly because plastic minis tend to follow a more truescale approach, and they don't really mix well with each other.

Tanks! are made only for tanks. For a touch more realistic approach with more arms, I'd recommend Operation World War 2. Can be really fucking fiddly at times as you need to track each crew member in the tank (and they can get KO'd, other crew members can take their places, but fare worse if they are not trained and so forth), plus they can dismount, etc. etc. A really fun game if you have time as it's a long game but overall, it has basically everything.

Third from left looks a little surly, must have not had his schnapps that morning.

That M36 uniform design - the dark green Feldbluse with the light grey trousers - is my favorite version of the Wehrmacht uniform. It's classic, probably thanks to postwar movies and tv which always use it for German infantry regardless of period or location. In this case it's cool because it helps reflect that these guys are garrison/occupation troops in France, lower down the supply chain.

Yeah operation ww2 is pretty good for that, it is even better if you use a campaign or roleplay system with only vehicles and infantry/artillery as npc.

Another useful ruleset for that is Nuts! With Fury expansion.

It'd basically make it Men of War: the Wargame and it sounds fucking awesome.

True.

from out of my head:
>cold war soviet infantry
>modern afghan police/military
>a few soviets in hazmat suits
>swat snipers/spotters

These are by Assault Group and Eureka Miniatures.
Then there are 2 squads of warlord games germans i built but never continued to paint them and a few test miniatures (warlord japanese and wargames factory soviets)

>pls respond
Give me your criticism/tips or I'll crash this plane!

Not sure if that's the minis or the painting, but some of the faces are bad. Other than that, fine, I like the camo ponchos.

For guns:
primer: black
paint them with german panzer grey or a similar very dark grey
light drybrush with gunmetal

I think Elhiems faces are rather hit and miss as I find them to be very angular and stylized.

I did a very basic Vallejo Dark Flesh > Vallejo Flesh Wash > Vallejo Black Wash. Perhaps I should do the flesh wash and then detail in the eyes and recesses instead of black washing the face?

just use a brown wash (like agrax earthshade from gw or army painter soft tone) instead of the black one.

what companies do tank crew members?
I need some 28mm soviet ww2 tankers but i struggle to find anything besides the warlord games minis

Black wash on faces is a really bad idea.

>Perhaps I should do the flesh wash and then detail in the eyes and recesses instead of black washing the face?
In my opinion a wash should rarely be the last step in any part of the model. In GENERAL I paint by Undercoat > Basecoat > Midtone, Wash > midtone again (but not covering all of the washed midtone) > Highlight

If you wanted it much simpler you can just undercoat > basecoat > wash > highlight. I'd avoid black wash for skin.

>just finished downlaoding all of the 86 Ancient Ospreys

>individually

Sucks being a poor fag.
Time to steel myself to download the Medieval ones individually.

Osprey user havent uploaded all his collection
There is more
Good luck

fug :O

Protipp: get Jdownloader. Add all the links by copy pasting them in. That programm is smart enough to reset your router each time your free user dls are done so you get fresh ones. Or you simply let it run in the background and after a few days it has downloaded everything.

does anyone have a scan of Peter Pig's ACW naval rules, Hammerin' Iron or have any experience with them?

or could suggest another ruleset for gaming this period?

I just downlaoded it and I just finished grabbing a handful, but I cant find them.

They say they're in my downlaods, but they aint.

you can set your download destination within the programm. i don't know where its located by default, but i think its not your standard windows download path.

yeah, just googled something about it. Going to try it.

Thanks again. The internet is just so fucking dandy, aint it?

Iron and Fire got some good ratings...

There is also something-River Wars and Anaconda Campaign system in the folders above, but I would not recomend them for antything but replacement till you locate something superior.

Just so you know: You can also save Youtube videos (you can even decide in which format, only video, only audio, even as webm) and also if you copy in a link of a Veeky Forums thread, it will save all pics. A really nice piece of software.

sweet. Im just downlaoding the first fifty of the medieval stuff. Some of them had a connection error or somehting. Ill just downlaod those ones later then.

I want to also add, that Peter Pigs system is- as far as I recall- hex based. For me it makes it so "mech" it reminds me of Battletech (obvius wordplay being obvius). But people play it, and are OK with that.

Thanks for the tips, once I get some more time I'll try it out on the next groups.

Well, Battletech might as well have started as a pre-Dreadnought warship game for how it works mechanically (somewhat) so I'd say the comparison is not totally without merit.

P.S: I fucking love Battletech

Does anyone make any decent 28mm IDF and Egyptian/Syrian soldiers with the tanks to match?

Me and a buddy wanna play Flames of War on a higher scale, not a fan of 15mm tbqh.

I cannot imagine 28mm fow looking anything other than completely retarded.

Go for 1:72 mate, FoW in 28mm sounds like a horrible idea. Could work in 1:72, tho some tanks are hard to find if you're going for the six days. Allegedly ACE will do Centurions this year.

What's your problem with 15mm if I might ask? Not my favourite scale either, but it can grow on you, plus BF would give you everything you need in the same scale, same quality over the range with rules to go with them.

> wanna play Flames of War on a higher scale

I mean, you could just play Battlegroup.

>What's your problem with 15mm if I might ask?

Honestly I just prefer the detail you get with 20-28mm minis, it's more fun to paint and looks pretty on the shelf.