Lego Quest Presents

[synthesizers and horns]

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Lego Quest
legoquest.wikia.com/wiki/Lego_Quest_Wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[whistling Yankee Doodle]

"Mike! You're back! What did the Flower People say?"

"There's good news and bad news. It seems like not all the slaves escaped, and some of them have been recaptured by the Sardaks. The Flower People are taking care of as many freed humans as they can - I bet they won't complain about their new vegetable diet!"

"What about those awful Sardaks?"

"They've got their fortress locked down. No one's moving in or out of it. The bright side is that I didn't spot a single Sardak patrol on the way back. What's that you've got there?"

"Binoculars! I found them in a crate a mile or so from here. It must have fallen out during the crash-landing."

"Now Eve, you know I don't like you wandering around on your own! This place is dangerous!"

"I can take care of myself just fine, Lieutenant Adams!"

"I'm sorry, Eve... it's just that I've been thinking about all the unexplained aspects of this place. That Sardak crystal... when I confronted the Sardak emperor, it was... it was though he somehow turned off the planet's gravity!"

"Oh, Mike, I know what you mean! Where did these Sardaks even come from? How do we all speak the same language?"

"And why do these humans have a legend about us? More than that - why are there even other humans here? Yes, there's evidence to suggest otherwise, but the fact remains that when we left the twentieth century, the prevailing scientific opinion was that man and dinosaur did not coexist!"

"You might be right about that-"

"What do you mean?"

"Take a look!"

"It's Grug! Coming to pay us a visit, maybe?"

"Yes, but look who else is on the path!"

"What-?"

"Oh, no... it's Big-Teeth! And Grug won't see him until it's too late!"

Roll a d12 and link to this post for whatever Mike does, please! To roll, put dice+1d12 in the Options field!

Rolled 2 (1d12)

Pick up your spear and run towards Grug.

Rolled 1 (1d12)

Fire a flare to warn Grug somehow.

Rolled 3 (1d12)

Grug no see big teeth, but Grug hear big teeth.

Rolled 4 (1d12)

Shoot Big-Teeth with flare to distract it!

Rolled 3 (1d12)

shake head sadly at the dice, hope the end comes swiftly and painlessly

Veeky Forums wants Grug to die, apparently.

Rolled 4 (1d12)

Jump and wave arms like a madman.

"Mike, wait!"

"No time, Eve! Don't worry, I've got the flare gun!"

"Grug! Psst! Grug!"

"Mike! Grug want to see Mike, but Mike already here!"

"Shhh! Listen-"

"Why Mike talk quiet?"

"Not so loud! I saw Big-Teeth on this path!"

"Big-Teeth? Mike crazy, Big-Teeth not here. Grug always hear Big-Teeth feet-sounds."

"Not this time. Trust me, that giant pain in the rear could be right next-"

[rustling noise]

"-door!"

[roaring noise]

"Didn't taste enough of my fire-magic last time? I'll help you remember!"

[dry clicking sound]

"Oh, no! The cartridge must have gotten wet!"

"What that mean?"

"It means..."

"...Mike no have fire-magic!"

[loud roaring sound]

"Aaaah!"

Roll a d12 and link to this post for whatever you do, please! To roll, put dice+1d12 in the Options field! And someone else roll another d12 for whatever Grug does too!

Rolled 10 (1d12)

use one of the recently snapped branches to prise open Big-Teeth's mouth

Rolled 11 (1d12)

Make him charge straight into a big tree.

Rolled 12 (1d12)

Grug smash this green snout with his club

>it's a bipolar dice roller episode

"Aaaaah! Grug not want be eaten! Grug not tell Tala Grug have good-heart for Tala!"

"Whooaah-oof!"

[very loud roaring noise]

"Aaaaaaah!"

[roaring abruptly stops]

"Mike! No! Mike not make Mike food!"

"Don't worry, Grug-"

"-you could say I've got the situation well in hand!"

[angry roaring]

[irritated lizard noises]

[angry growling]

KRAAAAK

[very angry roar]

[irritated noises stop]

"Hey, Big-Teeth!"

[angry growling]

"That's it... come on, I'm right here... NOW, GRUG!"

[quizzical lizard sound]

"You Big-Teeth, Grug big-hit!"

KRGRACK

[enraged howling sound]

[wounded upset noises]

"I think that might have done the trick!"

"Why Mike talk quiet?"

"Because..."

[wounded noises recede]

"...I don't want him to come back!"

"Grug think Mike have smart idea!"

Roll a d12 and link to this post for whatever you do, please! To roll, put dice+1d12 in the Options field!

Rolled 12 (1d12)

Go back to our camp with Grug, see why he was coming to visit.

"Well, waste not, want not, as the saying goes!"

"Why Mike take that? Grug thought fire-magic not work!"

"There's a chance it might still work if I dry it out. Every piece of equipment that survived the crash is a priceless resource in this place."

"Mike have other progress-magic?"

"I wish I could say for certain. By the way, what is it you were going to come see us about?"

"That right! Grug forget all about holiday!"

"Holiday?"

"Grug come, invite Mike and Eve to First-Fire! It most important day. Flower People not do ceremony. Flower People too afraid to make trip to sacred place. Too afraid to be seen. But Warrior People still always do First-Fire, since beginning!"

"Well, it sounds-"

"Eve! You'll never believe what-"

"I saw the whole thing!"

"Lieutenant Adams! If... if you ever do anything like that ever again I'll...I'll-"

"You'll what?"

"I'll... I'll feed you to Big-Teeth myself!"

"I'd like to see that!"

"Ooooooh-! Now, you just listen to me-!"

"Here's something you don't know about - Grug wants to invite us to his tribe's holiday!"

"A... a holiday?"

"First-Fire! Grug owe Mike life-debt for all Mike do. Grug tell Urr, Grug want make Mike and Eve part of Warrior People. Share name, share tribe. What Eve say?"

"Well, I- of course, we'd love to attend your First-Fire!"

"Grug happy! Grug come back tonight, take Mike and Eve with to sacred place."

"Mike, our first party in our new neighborhood!"

"That's quite a silver lining you've got there, Eve! Do we need to do anything special for this First-Fire, Grug?"

"Mike and Eve just come with Grug to sacred place, bring offering to gods."

"Offering?"

"Of course, an offering! I'm sure that will be... no problem at all?"

"We'll bring something... just right?"

Roll a d12 and link to this post for whatever you do, please! To roll, put dice+1d12 in the Options field!

Rolled 5 (1d12)

See if you can find some MREs among the wreckage.

Rolled 10 (1d12)

quick! grab some berries from the forest!

Rolled 10 (1d12)

ask Grug for offering suggestions.

"Grug come back at dusk, take Mike and Eve to sacred place!"

"Sounds good!"

"See you soon, Grug!"

[panting noises]

"Anything?"

"Nothing."

"This is hopeless! We've searched every box, crate, container, and storage unit within a half-mile radius! We'll never find a suitable offer-"

"Wait a second - there's something caught inside here..."

"Our last freeze-dried meal."

"It'll have to do..."

"...it's almost dusk."

"Grug happy Mike and Eve come to First-Fire!"

[stomach growling sound]

"It's... no problem at all, Grug."

"What's the matter?"

"I haven't eaten all day... I was looking forward to this last freeze-dried meal, despite what my taste buds think."

"Oh, that's right!"

"Eh?"

"While you were traveling to the Flower People, I ran some tests on the local flora-"

"What did you find?"

"Mike, it's amazing! There are so many edible things here - like those berries!"

"They certainly look ripe!"

"Not only are they edible, but they're more nutritious than anything found in our time! Here, boost me up!"

"Careful-"

"Just about... There! I've got one!"

"And you say these are perfectly safe?"

"Absolutely! I'd stake my medical license on it!"

"What that, Mike?"

"Oh, this is the offering we fou- I mean, that we picked out for First-Fire. I hope it's acceptable."

[sniffing sounds]

"Ha ha! Mike make funny joke, always make Grug laugh! Even dummy know not to bring offering like this! Gods see offering like this, curse whole tribe! Ha ha!"

"No, wait-"

"That big-berry good offering, though. Gods always like big-berry."

Be right back, getting food and setting up new scene

how can he not like it, especially with that face?

"Say, Grug, how much farther is it?"

"We here already! Sacred place just beyond those rocks!"

"Mike! Look!"

"I see it..."

"...but I don't believe it!"

"Mike, what... what is it?"

"I don't know-"

Rolled 6 (1d12)

Inspect the structure while people do ritual stuff.

Rolled 12 (1d12)

Ask old man what he knows about origin of the the structure.

"Look at that!"

"Yes... whatever this is, it was made by humans."

"But how can that be? This is more advanced than anything humans have ever made, but it looks as though it's been sitting here for a thousand years!"

"I think it's been here for a lot longer than a thousand years... but whatever this material is, it's incredibly durable."

"I don't like this place. It feels... haunted."

"Haunted? That's not a word I would expect from a doctor!"

"I know, it's just... this place gives me a bad feeling."

"You're being ridiculous! Look!"

[sound of rapping on metal]

"This structure... whatever it is... it's made of metal. Some kind of metal we've never seen before, sure, but metal nonetheless!"

[tapping sound abruptly stops]

"Mike, stop! It's not right!"

"Eve, what are you-"

"Urr get fire started. Mike and Eve get big-berry and bring to circle now!"

"Oh, uh - sure, Grug. We'll be there in a second."

"Long time ago, at very start of time, gods say to humans, 'Humans no live in world of gods! Live on earth, get eaten by Big-Teeth!'"

"In world of gods, food fall out of tree, fall out of ground, fall out of sky. No Big-Teeth, no Sardaks. But humans make gods angry. Gods say, 'Make boat, go to earth.' Smartest humans make boat, get strongest humans to guard boat. Get plant-grow humans to make food on boat. Get medicine-magic humans to heal other humans, keep all humans alive on boat."

"Humans sail on boat, but gods do one more thing, make humans remember anger forever. Gods make boat sail past new world of gods. Before humans make gods angry, gods making new world for humans, just like first world of gods. Boat points at new world of gods, but gods trick humans and boat go to earth."

"All humans in world of gods go to earth, but all tell about three humans who know all tricks of gods. Three humans, got sent to earth from world of gods before others on different boat. Made by Soo Geeyamagoogee. Other humans on boat, Maikadams, Eve-Kar-Son."

"They get sent on first boat, but gods use magic, make boat arrive later. Until Sardaks almost destroy all tribes. They come before, but they arrive after. That what first old man remember."

"Oh, Mike, this is insane! If what Urr says is true-"

"I'm thinking it too. These people... the Flower People... their ancestors were just like us. Marooned here. Confound it, if only Suji were still alive! He could answer all our questions."

"This place still gives me the creeps."

I'm going to go pass out for a few hours, but then I'll be back and we can keep playing all day long!

If you liked this so far, most previous episodes of Lego Quest are archived on suptg along with all the pictures:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Lego Quest

and the official Lego Quest wiki has pages for Mike, Eve, the Sardaks, and plenty of other characters if you want to get caught up:
legoquest.wikia.com/wiki/Lego_Quest_Wiki

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll get a tweet when this episode resumes or a new one begins:
@EndmanOfFuturon

Thanks for playing!

Thanks for running LQ!

Thanks LQ! Your filenames always make me gniffle.

I came in after the last roll but thanks for running! This really reminds me of some old comics I read.

Thanks LQ.

This is outstanding stuff, but the absolute best part of these are the image captions.

Thank for playing!

Thanks user! It means a lot to me when people say they're enjoying this! I always love running it, but it's great when other people are having fun.

I'm back awake now, so I just need to eat some breakfast and figure out what's going on, and then we can start back up in a couple hours.

Just found out there are aluminum Lego figures being carried on the Juno spacecraft. Figured this was the thread to post it in.

OK, had to put away this weekend's haul from the Lego store but I'm getting close to being ready to start

That's some nice tree stuff you got there for this game.

Thanks user! Pictures are taken, should be live in 10!

[Urr singing indistinctly]

"Say, Grug, what exactly does the burning of these offerings signify?"

"In beginning, all tribes live here, at sacred place. People agree, light fire, burn offerings, beg gods let humans go back. Since then, tribe remember First-Fire, burn offerings, beg gods let humans go back."

[nighttime animal noises]

"Oh, Mike, I want to go back to our campsite!"

"Still feeling jumpy?"

"It's not just the noises... or this place..."

"Then what is it?"

"I just can't shake the feeling that something's watching us. As though we're trespassing somehow."

"That's ridiculous. Come on, let's go home."