/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Dragon Tusks Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly
No waifus or husbandos except for Balablob or Malaclob.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

imperial-library.info/content/tonal-architecture
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwarven_Metal
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Asylum_Ball
strawpoll.me/10714014
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Bretons.

Are Beastfolk sentient races that were tainted by non-Aedric forces? With the earlier they were tampered with being proportional to how much they could be changed?

>Ehlnofey + Hist = Argonian
>Ehlnofey + Azura = Khajiit
>Ehlnofey + Namira? = Sload
>Aldmer + Boethiah = Orismer
>Human + Molag Bal? = Tsaesci (recent enough to interbreed with humans)
>by the time Azura curses the Chimer we're too far from the Dawn Era for the change to be drastic, and they're still mer

I could probably bullshit some Imga, Giant and other Akaviri origins too but we know so little it seems scarcely worth the effort.
fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu

good la.

Anyone else annoyed that they gradually moved Bretons away from being Brits and towards being filthy frogs? The french are already represented among the Mediterranean Imperials.

Real Bretons are frogs with britbong heritage

Real Brittany is rightful English clay and should be returned immediately.

gg, Duke. Will play again sometime, this was a lot of fun.

You nearly won when your half-dead Dunmer Sorcerer manned up and beat the shit out of my Khajiiti Punchmonk with his staff. Really didn't see that coming, and it would have been a cause of panic if it wasn't so funny.
That moment, as well as the time my Dos punched out two Dunmer and sent a third fleeing in terror in a single turn, were absolutely great. 10/10 would Eye of Fear again.
Also that archer who was a certified expert at jumping away from explosions.

Yep, good game.

Was on the receiving end of wizards getting angry one match I played with Lolpwnt, when his Sload starting punching everything to death after Skeletons weren't cutting it. Your Dos was more terrifying though.

>his Sload starting punching everything to death

Real Brittany is a Celtic land and should have independence from Norman dogs on either side of the channel

So we were talking about dwemer metals in /v/ and about brass and bronze, a a bit of copper.
Is there any source about where people get these things? There was mention about a copper mine, but I didn't see a source, or anything about zinc.

I'd be surprised if the dwemer stuff was primarily bronze or brass, personally. By the point you can produce brass/bronze in that kind of quantity steel would be straight better for most applications.

Besides that, no one else appears capable of producing dwemer metal. If it was bronze or brass people would have figured that shit out centuries ago.

Numidium is sometimes referred to as the Brass God, but this is likely more of an approximate term to how dwemer metal looks kind of similar to brass.
Brass would be a terrible material to depend on for the things we see Dwemer use their metal for.
The truth is we have no idea how the Dwemer made their signature metal.

Well, we know it's name, Tonal Architecture, and we know roughly how it's made, but the actual material is never mentioned beyond Numidium.

There's not really anything that indicates Dwemer metal is created through tonal architecture.

Except for the lack of the metal anywhere in the world but from already made dwemer things.

I really fail to see how that automatically makes it tonal architecture.

We know tonal architecture can prevent decay
imperial-library.info/content/tonal-architecture
We know dwarven metal does not decay.
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwarven_Metal

>Tensions rising between the argonians and the dunmer because of the aftermath of Red Mountain's detonation. Dunmer making the stupid-ass decision to try and claim the black swamp.
>The player is in a swamp, being dragged along in a skiff, tied to the boat as dunmeri soldiers drag you along via ropes. Captured as a possible spy since nobody recognizes you.
>Argonian raid. Lizardpeople stand out of the water and plain *appear* from the swamp's foliage and descend upon the dunmeri soldiers. They're chortling in some unnatural language, obviously not normal argonians. One looms close, its eyes blazing red- clouds of smoke roiling within them.
>Stabs the player. Screen flashes red. Player can now hit a button to struggle, but he/she's tied down, unable to move.
>Stabbed again and again- obviously lethal strikes hitting home again and again. Argonian is laughing.
>Flash of blue light. Argonians thrown back. A second spell rains fire from the sky. Someone you can't see begins dragging the boat a different direction.
>Character creation scene. You're seeing yourself from above, still on the skiff, with the swamp moving behind you.
>Wake up in a dimly-lit cave to a voice saying she's sorry- She doesn't know enough healing, but there's one thing she CAN do... But it's just as likely to kill you as your injuries.

>When you wake up... You hear many voices hissing in your ear, calling you 'Child of the Root'.

You are Argonian. Technically speaking, you're Saxheel- Whatever your physical race, you're now linked with the Hist. Whenever you sleep, you end up talking to them. They comment on your active quests, give you advice, give you new quests, or even buff you if your next quest is higher level than you.

However, there's something wrong. The Hist aren't able to communicate with most of their argonians... Because they communicate via the Dreamsleeve. Which the Ideal Masters are pillaging in order to claim all of Nirn's souls.

THE ELDER SCROLLS 6: ARGONIA

>We know tonal architecture can prevent decay
Well beyond the fact that the link you posted mentions nothing about tonal architecture preventing decay, that link isn't even an actual source, just a guys take on tonal architecture.
>We know dwarven metal does not decay
Dwemer metal clearly corrodes, just look at the pieces used to make Dwemer armor. Nothing ever says it doesn't fall apart, just that it's built to last. Also UESP isn't really a source either.

>Well beyond the fact that the link you posted mentions nothing about tonal architecture preventing decay
>Thus, Sunder could cause a resonance with the Heart, creating a single tone. Keening, bearing a force which tears the immortal apart, then took that tone and reduced it to its components, shaping them as needed.

>that link isn't even an actual source
>Also UESP isn't really a source either.
I'm not even gonna bother addressing this.

>Thus, Sunder could cause a resonance with the Heart, creating a single tone. Keening, bearing a force which tears the immortal apart, then took that tone and reduced it to its components, shaping them as needed.
Three points here
First off, this line still makes no mentioning of tonal architecture being specifically capable of preventing decay, you are just getting that idea from your own shaken down interpretation of the line which is ironic given:
Two, this is, as I said, just some guys conjecture on rather vague source material to begin with.
And lastly, you do realize the effects involved with Kagrenac's Tools are derived from the Heart, right? There's no specific magical tonal power that allows them to make shit immortal, Kagrenac's Tools can do what they do because they take power from a divine source (i.e something only Kagrenac's Tools were ever designed to do).
>I'm not even gonna bother addressing this
Are you serious, do you honestly not realize why you shouldn't be quoting those links as sources?

I think he's counting "bearing a force which tears the immortal apar"

To mean that tonal architecture is "Immortal"

You're trying to argue that because it doesn't state letter for letter that the metal is made from tonal architecture that it's false.
Sorry child, not much is blatantly spelled out that isn't game mechanics.
I suggest you take some time in the op and learn a bit if you're gonna continue posting here, save everyone the trouble.

Is he supposed to just accept the theory because it's a theory? It's almost entirely based off of conjecture, a nice idea but not much supporting it.

Like he said, Dwemer metal may be resistant to corrosion but is clearly still worn down over time, just look at Morrowind's armor. Plus, given how seriously the use of tonal architecture was taken by the Dwemer and how they argued over it, I don't think it would be used for something as mundane as blessing their metals.

Okay.
How else did they make the metal.

Alloy technology.

What alloy technology
And make sure you have proper sources!

>mfw i main an argonian punchmonk with restoration magic who smites the fuck out of undead

They probably just had some secret recipe/tools that nobody has been able to recreate, but there's not really any information on that, so I don't know.

Yeah, we call that tonal architecture

Are you arguing against existence of Tonal Architecture?

I think he's arguing against the application of tonal architecture on metal.
Maybe like a solvent they dipped metal in to make it the fancy dwemer metal.

Any funny book recommendations?

So it's just ebony?

Bronze may be better for resonancy and such, so it's more suitable for tonal architecture

not bad, not bad at all

Not exactly. It's a heart vein, not blood.

I bet you're the sperg that argued about map sizes a while ago

Not what I would have gone with, but pretty cool. Would buy, given some good reviews.

Cool idea (especially if we can fuck up the Ideal Masters) but I'd rather we get a little closure to the Thalmor's story.

Added like 1 last boon, fixed most of the grammatical errors,added Suthay and Ohmes rules.

Read it, critique it, make suggestions (for the love of sweet rolls make suggestions).
For those not in the last thread the source-game is Barbarians of Lemuria. This is also not a part of the end-product, just a list to help me organize the Boons/Flaws until I've reached my target numbers.

>"hist powers" instead of shouts

But seriously I can see that work or even happen. They would also get bonus nostalgia points for all the dunmeri culture and influence present.

Altmer:
Flaws:
>Elemental Weakness - Weakness to Fire, Cold and Electric.
>Life of Comfort - Summerset Isle is temperate and comfortable, you're not used to harsh weather and environments.

Bosmer:
Flaws:
>Manlet - You will never learn.

Khajiit:
Boons:
>Soft Paws: You're all silent and sneaky.
>Nomad - You know your way around a desert.

Orsimer:
Boons:
>Hardy - You're one tough motherfucker.
>Mountain Folk - You're used to living in the mountains.

Flaws:
>Unfavourable Visage - You look like a fucking Orc.

Redguard:
Boons:
>Sailor - The coastal Redguards are a maritime people.

Flaws:
>Crown/Forebear.

What do we know about pic related?

I'm 30% sure the helm is naturally enchanted with water breathing

I was lumping the elemental weaknesses into taking extra damage from spells in general, but I've added Life of Comfort, Nomad, Hardy, Mountain Folk, Unfavorable Visage, and Sailor.
ty

N'wahs be hating on your Bonemold threads and receive minus disposition to Fine Clothier merchants unless it's run by traditionalist Dunmer.

>Bosmer:
>Flaws:
>Manlet - You will never learn.
kek

>Crown/Forebear
Could you elaborate? Do you mean to penalize them as I do Khajiit and Dunmer for having bad reps pre-standing?

> 1. Diminutive – Bosmer are among the shortest people of Tamriel, but even then you are short among Bosmer; standing strait at around 3'6”. Your slight stature grants you a +1 bonus to all Sneak rolls, but you 2 less LB than normal.

>being a manlet among bosmer
By Jhunal, am I glad that the short Nords among us atleast fit in well with Bretons

From 'On the Utility of Marbles and Needles'

>"Kindly serve me an infusion of chal, a marble, and a leather-sewing needle," said the Dwemer.
>"Haw, haw," guffawed the Nord. "Shor's bones! The little milk-drinker's going to play pick-up-sticks, but he can handle only one stick!"
>"At least I don't swear by a god who is not only imaginary, but dead," said the Dwemer, as the barkeep placed his items on the counter.

smack talk is real

damn

Can i kek the trees and support the empire instead? Would be nice to have a setting where the Empire gets serious in trying to control Black-marsh.

If not, that's always one of the things I enchant them with.

>Actual retards fitting in with Bretons.

Jehenna was a mistake.

Hey anons, gonna play an Alchemist, can you tell me if I need any Alchemical tools other than ingredients and vials? I looked all through the book, but couldn't find anything, so I'm a bit confused. Surely I need special reagents and stuff?

Nah, Alchemy is fairly straight forward. Maybe keep track of the moon cycles since it does play a part in Calcination according to Argonians.

What game?

The only game that has vials, I presume.

I don't know of any games that use vials, but now that I think of it he might be asking an rp question about tabletop.
Don't forget your mortar & pestle, alembic, calcinator, and retort for refining the ingredients.

Morrowind. Morrowind have vials and bottles and beakers.

A real shame the other games don't, considering I like to put those on my Alchemy Table.

No it really, not actually used in alchemy anyway. And if you count decorative clutter, then all games (at least morrowind forward, haven't played daggerfall yet and didn't get very far in arena) have vials

For roleplaying, user. To carry with you for Alchemy.

And I don't recall beakers or vials in Oblivion, or even Skyrim. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the closest you get is the standard equipment (Not even that in Skyrim, just an alembic strapped to a table), and the finished product.

Thinking of going back to skyrim after the travesty of fallout 4.

What are the most fun gameplay mods?

iirc oblivion had a test tube rack

Yeah, Fallout 4 was sadly, a horrible wreck.

The survival ones are nice. Things like RND and Frostfall.

Mostly the best things are there to enhance the experience as a whole, and not to make it something else. Things like When Vampires Attack, or Sneak Tools.

There is no such thing.

However, I did discover that Transmuting mineral ore has been a thing since Oblivion.

look through the tesgeneral site, it covers most necessities and will leave you with a good foundation to further build upon

Found this and thought you guys might enjoy it.

Farrun has nordic influence aswell, right?

Read the argonian account, empire can't do shit in black marsh.

It's not really mentioned, but presumably.

I love it.

>uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Asylum_Ball
Every story I hear about Pelagius III makes me feel really sorry for him. Sheogorath's quest in Skyrim, brief history of the empire, Wolf Queen... anyone got more?

>tesgeneral site
You're better off downloading that 400 compiled mod on Skyrim.ru

Oh, it wouldn't be the legions doing the taking over. I'm thinking more of the nebenean style political maneuvering and conspiracy.

What gain would there be for stuck-up nibenese nobles in black marsh?

If the Infernal City is a good indicator, stopping them from being swamp niggers and giving them actual trade.

Can someone explain the thalmor endgame to me?

1. enslave/kill anyone who isn't mer.
2. re-ascend to Aetherius to live with the gods as they once did.
So its bullshit really.

Never really says anything about enslaving, and the kill bit is from Kirkles, so it goes with a grain of salt.

Nonetheless, witnessed.

Fresh Argonian Cloaca.

JK lets say a group like the synod or the college of whispers found a mcguffin that deeply interest several empire aligned powerful shadow figures. Said shadow figures pulled strings to make a covert dicking of Black Marsh

Should've been more specific. How do they plan to achieve the second?

They're trying to tear down the towers and crash creation with no survivors right?

I don't see how there's anything of value in Black Marsh though

Isn't simply to undo everything since year 1? Though i think the only thing that would do is to finally kill all the Aedra.

Witnessed.

It involves Histy shit. And probably potential expensive valuable imports. Like Feathered-Serpent feathers, or spit gland.

>Somewhere in elsweyr, a tiny bosmer-like woman is happily married to a giant talking tiger. They have several children, are quite happy, and all their friends and family are ok with this.

To clear this up because apparently you don't understand.
No, I'm trying to argue that because you are trying to squeeze out meaning from a person's POST that is doing the exact same thing from barebones source material, that this is in no way evidence for anything.
Not to mention the connection you are using it for has no real foundation to begin with.

There was no mention of the Eye of Magnus in previous games either. Beth can just come up with some new artifact that's powerful enough to warrant serious interest from several groups with conflicting interests.

By that same logic, there's no need to have 80% of Hammerfell.

Land=Power. When those lands have people who can trade and it has natural resources, that's even better.

>Khajiit
>Married

I can easily see a small Imperial scientific expedition delving deep into Black marsh and discovering some great source of wealth or magical power. Remember the Argonians are only the symbiotic servants of the Hist. Who knows what sort of magic ancient sentient trees might have harnessed, maybe they have their own bio-engineering based magic that lets them mould living flesh. That knowledge alone would be invaluable. Maybe old Herma is influencing the imperial expedition so he can learn the secrets of the hist.

Let's settle this once and for all.

strawpoll.me/10714014

female bosmer aren't too small though, it's the males who are merlets

khajiit and bosmer don't like each other too much, but I can imagine relationships between different breeds of khajiit being unusual

alfiq and pahmar/senche

>hermaeusflora
I like it