Hektor Heresy: The Not Bad Crusade (S3E3)

Welcome back to your irregularly scheduled 40K AU discussion.

The Hektor Heresy is a long-running collaborative writing project based on 1d4chan. The main page is at 1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Veeky Forums_Heresy, but the Primarch page is also a decent starting point: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Primarchs_(Hektor_Heresy)

Last time we discussed a bit more about alien horrors and how to deal with them, talked colour schemes and VOLTRON.

Question for the thread: Where is the Ogre Legion?

(Pic related: it's a theater overview for the Parthorum Xenocide.)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Justiciars),
1d4chan.org/wiki/Ullanor_Crusade_(Hektor_Heresy)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Khork,_the_Megaboss_of_Ullanor)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Mars_(Hektor_Heresy)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Kalkas_Tygian
1d4chan.org/wiki/Al-Sherar
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/M31
1d4chan.org/wiki/Vilyon_Luthier.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_star
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There was also some comments off-thread about the sketched Ullanor Crusade at . The short of it was that it felt like Megiddo wasn't a satisfactory end to the campaign and that the Imperials needed to pursue to Ullanor.

No real consensus got reached, but I think there's at least three options:

1. Orks crushed at Megiddo, remnants cleaned up by Imperial Army.
2. Orks broken at Megiddo, several smaller Legion Crusades defeat the fragments of Ullanor.
3. Orks beaten at Megiddo, followed by a pursuit to Ullanor.

Personally I prefer 1 or 2, mainly because ending things at a different world helps a bit with making clear that Hektor isn't Horus. (A constant concern!)

It was also suggested that the Hektor Heresy might have a completely different Ork Empire based on a different world. Given how little we know about the OU Ullanor, I don't think this is really necessary and the differentiation of Warmasters is slightly more effective if they confront much the same situation and deal with it in different ways.

Thoughts? Questions? Tirades?

Finally, towards the end of the last thread, we had some questions about contributing Spanish-type chapters/regiments based on the Punic Wars or Reconquista. Either or both would be very welcome (as are other contributions). Contributions by green-text, multi-post, or straight to the wiki are all equally valued.

>Question for the thread: Where is the Ogre Legion?
On baggage detail.

Not anymore though! I can get back to work on the Ogre Legion and SegPac forces soon.

Also might take a shot at Space-spanish, maybe ChaosConquistadors.

Gives us the most range to make the event memorable from all sides and link to it from multiple pages.

The Ogre Legion is a ridiculously bad name and doesn't fit with the naming scheme of the other Legions at all.

I wasn't even aware there was a naming scheme for the legions. What do you mean?

Usually it's some Noun with an Adjective.

Void Angels
Silver Cataphracts
Black Augurs
Stone Men

The Entombed get away with this because fuck them.

So yes, something Red Ogres would be better.

I'll show you MY Red Ogre!

Also, then we also have the Justicars, the X of Y, and the Life Bringers (noun noun)

There's not really a name scheme going on, it's just cool-sounding names that fit the legion. Ogre, because they're giants and their primarch is the Ogre of O-Kan (Working name for homeworld), and legion, because they're a legion. Makes sense.

Also, what if their color isn't red but blue? Then what, huh?

>I can get back to work on the Ogre Legion and SegPac forces soon.
Cool. I don't want to stop you from doing what takes your interest, but project-wise it would be a lot of help if you could focus on Ogre Legion. Uriel-user agreed to base his final version on a reference document (1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Justiciars), so we're getting close to having the full roster defined - if not completed.

I don't really see the problem with using Ogre as a noun adjunct. It's as grammatical as "college student".

Also, this sort of criticism is notoriously associated with someone we don't talk about.

Nice taste

They used to be called the Children of Armok, and then the Children of Astaroth. So Justiciars is an acceptable name.

But also, Life Bringers and Justiciars give an explanation as to WHAT they are. The Cataphracts is quite a boring name, but the Silver Cataphrcats at least highlights the paint scheme.

Simply put, I'm buttrustled. Bumfundled. Bottom curfuffled.

I'd like it if they had a name that, describes them, or at least has something relating to them. Just, the Ogres conjures no images in an otherwise really nice sounding Legion. Finding a name for them shouldn't be too difficult, because, like I said, they have plenty to take away from.

I do not have a problem with the word Ogre. I have an issue with it being the only word on display.

Can I distract you with a different thought?

The suggestion of a massive Xenocide in the early-mid 900s that requires the Emperor's direct intervention reminds me of Alexandri's nickname. He's "the Regent", but we never had him act as such. Maybe the Ruavu Grun incursion is so big that it requires the full attention of the Emperor, Malcador, and Hektor (seeing as it's on the gates of Segmentum Solar), so Alexandri is called on to rule the Imperium for a time?

>I do not have a problem with the word Nova. I have an issue with it being the only word on display.

:3

So we're going full brunt on the Ruava Grun? Has that user showed up again? Wrote anything on the wiki?

>:3
Nova Defenders is a good name. Ogre Warriors?

>Simply put, I'm buttrustled. Bumfundled. Bottom curfuffled.
Buttmad? Butthurt? Buttfrustrated?

>I'd like it if they had a name that, describes them, or at least has something relating to them. Just, the Ogres conjures no images in an otherwise really nice sounding Legion. Finding a name for them shouldn't be too difficult, because, like I said, they have plenty to take away from.
I really like "Ogre Legion" though.

Eh, whatever, I gotta hit the hay (the Army needs us to bludgeon hay for some reason). I'll work more on the Legion tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure that user is the Captain.

Their name was originally gonna be Tiger Warriors, like how oni wear tiger loincloths. But I kind of want them to be an elite unit or honour guard in the legion though.

OK. Take it easy.

Every Legion is a Legion that doesn't describe that at all reeeee

Tiger Warriors is a badass name and calls back those Rogue Trader days I love, do it fag.

OGRE GUARDS IS BETTER FOR THE ELITES

Onto the idea itself, I always intended that name to be earned in the Heresy itself.

But I think that concept is agreeable, though it should be massive and hugely important to have one Primarch be running things.

You're gonna have to fellate me if you want the name to change!

Good night!

>Every Legion is a Legion that doesn't describe that at all reeeee

Stone Men
>Every Legion is made up of men that doesn't describe them at all reeee

Eyes of the Emperor
>Every Legion starts off loyal to the Emperor that doesn't describe them at all reeee

The "I don't like your name" arguments have always been really silly.

Sure. I figure that we can use the incident to help push Hektor to The Dark Side.

Ogre Legion Legion!

S'good plan.

Not Legion Legion, with the battlecry "We are many"?

Bitch I might, you don't know my blowjob skills.

Personally, the Legion of Legions Legion is the best Legion name.

I will see your Legion of Legions Legion and raise you a Legions of Legionary Legionnaires Legion.

Fuck. I concede.

>The suggestion of a massive Xenocide in the early-mid 900s
This would give the war a good 40 or so years to roll by before the First Wave shows up.

Yeah, that occurred to me when I was reviewing your discussion about Ruavu Grun/Vetrovnak interaction. They really belong to different periods. On the other hand, the Ullanor Crusade starts in 994.M30, during Wave 1. Maybe the Vetrovnak put in an appearance? I'm pretty sure that most Ork Empires keep human slaves, so it could be perfectly normal harvesting.

Yeah that makes sense.

Come to think of it, this is a good opportunity to write that batty, no-holds-barred scrap you had in mind. Disabling Orkish technology isn't really going to work (because they still think it works) and the Vetrovnak wouldn't mistake greenskins for humans. The aftermath could give the Imperium their first real look at what the children of Hvar can do when their blood is up.

Does that sound like something you can sink your teeth into?

Definitely.

OK, I've re-written the intro for the Ullanor Crusade to take into account the timeframe:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ullanor_Crusade_(Hektor_Heresy)

But by following the development logically, I've put myself in a position of needing some opinions from writers of other characters. Are there any Primarchs who would take a particularly strong stance on the Crusade? What might they say? Would the Fabricator-General himself weigh in?

I got a response from a non-Veeky Forums person saying that Khork (1d4chan.org/wiki/Khork,_the_Megaboss_of_Ullanor) seemed rather generic and perhaps unfortunately named. Thoughts?

The Imperium of Man had every right to take pride in the triumph of the Ullanor Crusade. It was after all the the end of a hated foe that had beleaguered its borders for decades. While many believed this victory to belong to mankind alone the truth of the matter was that a third party had a hand in the destruction of the foul orkish empire. This fact was known only to the chosen for it warned of an great enemy with weapons of untold destruction.

Over the course of the Ullanor Crusade the Imperium's finest and brightest had amassed a collection of evidence that pointed not to new foe but to one that been lurking in shadows of the galactic north and east all along for most of the decade. They had heard of the Vetrovnak, the Phantoms of Hvar, only in hushed tones by superstitious locals fearful that merely speaking their name would see their entire world spirited away into the void. That had seen that when the Vetrovnak struck they left little evidence of their passage save for an emptied planet with minimal signs of a struggle. For those that didn't dismiss them as an overblown rumor saw them as a nuisance at best and a minor threat at worst given the sparsity of incidents.

Of the thousands of systems that had fallen under the yoke of the orks only a few dozen had been struck by the children of Hvar which would force the Imperium to recognize them as an existential threat . These systems were subject to such overpowering force that it made the Sons of Fire, peerless in their application of planetary ruin, seem as if they were but children playing with sticks. It was not just the power brought to bear though, if it had just been that the mortal men and women who beheld it would not have been stricken with such unease. What truly showed the disparity between the Imperium and the Vetrovnak was the speed and precision with which they worked. The majority of the attacks occurred within mere months of each other.

Now I need to go to bed but I am all ears for ideas of apocalyptic events the Vetrovnak could pull on the Orks that would make the Imperium lose sleep.

I do like the idea of using nanomachines set to convert an entire planet (not just its biosphere as is the case with a virus bomb) into some stupidly flammable element. It'd make Inferox so incredibly envious.

Cool. I'll use that text as the leader for a subsection "The Phantoms of Hvar" on the Ullanor Page and change the intro to make clear that breaking the Orks didn't quite make the Galaxy safe for the Imperium. Depending on how much you want to write for the incidents, they might have to get their own pages, but definitely write as much as you enjoy!

Just breaking down all/most of the water on a planet into oxygen and hydrogen ought to be catastrophic.

Yo, Admech/colour scheme user here. Should I bother to give myself a name to use?

Killfed Rag Khork, the Megaboss of Ulannor. Just do what they did with Ghazzy and give him some ther names to spicen him up.

I don't really know enough about the Primarchs to say anything about this, sorry.

Do the Vetrovnak need to be involved in this? If they don't need to, maybe don't add them? Then again, what do I know? I'm just an user.

...evidently there's some changed going on to the Legion's that I didn't know about. Huh.

Finally, I have a few notes to bring up myself.

>I'd still like some feedback on the Black Augurs alternate design I made, even if it's just a "no i don't like it"
>I'm happy to work on the idea of a Tech Saint, and the other Mechanicum stuff I brought up except the Slaaneshi corrupted internet but I'll need more info/feedback.
>Final question, will the Tyranids be showing up early in this timeline? Or will their arrival be more or less the same as canons?

...and I'm still making typos.

Sigh, senpai will never notice me like this.

Whatever, I'm gonna go to sleep now. This post will bump it, but I doubt the thread wll surive until I get up.

Not sure whether the Ogre Legion should be an infantry legion or a bike legion. Samurai were historically horse archers, but they are more thought of as being foot soldiers.

>Should I bother to give myself a name to use?
It can be helpful. Perhaps "Tech Saint"?

>Do the Vetrovnak need to be involved in this?
It's really helpful to add them at this stage. The Ullanor Crusade occurs when the Vetrovnak are beginning their first wave of attacks on the galaxy, and the Orks are a foe that they would attack mercilessly - unlike humans, who they use rather more gentle methods on for the purposes of "harvesting" more stock. By doing first encounters now, the stage is set for a more substantial clash between the Vetrovnak and the Imperium down the road.

>...evidently there's some changed going on to the Legion's that I didn't know about.
Crimson Teeth are on their way out (they have been for a long time). Ogre Legion is probably on the way on.

>Black Augurs alternate design
I liked it, but that doesn't count for much.

>Mechanicum stuff
OK. The info on the wiki is a bit scattered and highly incomplete. These pages should be helpful:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Mars_(Hektor_Heresy)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Kalkas_Tygian
1d4chan.org/wiki/Al-Sherar

>will the Tyranids be showing up early in this timeline?
I wouldn't think so. However, Pallas Eugenesis will be around for a couple of thousand years to spawn bio-horrors if you need to scratch that itch.

I still think they should be both. It's a very distinctive gimmick to gear the Legion towards bikes and infantry, but spurn a lot of other wargear.

Then again, you might have to work in the odd super-heavy tank because of reasons.

I think the Fabricator-General should be present leading a flank of Hektor's Forces, like Alexandri would. These are all Titans and Other Awesome Things(tm), of course.

Also isn't that timeline a bit screwey? I know Ullannor happens much sooner in the original timeline, and placing it just five years before the Heresy means the Imperium has little room or time to expand like it did in canon.

Sounds pretty decent.

Names are optional. Mechanicum stuff is fine, we have a lot of stuff on the wiki. Check out Lumey's above links.

I could do both.

So they literally become the White Scars, but Japanese instead of Mongols? So all Asian themed Legions are pigeonholed into the same theme?

>Also isn't that timeline a bit screwey?
Possibly, but it's much the same dates as in the OU:
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/M31

I worked out some things for the Mechanicum, using the "slow burn" as my starting point. If they're thinking about Ullanor in the mid 900s, then we could have Johannes say, "We should kill the *$^ out of them, but we'll need a gigantic bio-chemical warfare plant right on Ullanor's doorstep."

Tygian can give that the nod and set a forty year timeframe. Zorr Yenser is elevated to Archmagos Intendant of the new Forge World "Leton". It's nice to have these spare characters lying around sometimes.

I also figure that the Silver Cataphracts establish a Fortress World jutting into the Ullanor Empire. Let's call it Elias for suitably obscure reasons, and have the Cats knock back a major Waaagh! shortly before the start of the Ullanor Crusade.

>So they literally become the White Scars, but Japanese instead of Mongols?
Not really what I had in mind.

>So all Asian themed Legions are pigeonholed into the same theme?
No, the Eyes of the Emperor have a very different theme.

>Nickname
Tech Saint could work. So could basically any Mechanicus thing, though.

>Vetrovnak
Fair enough.

>Black Augurs
Yeah, I know.

>Links
Already read all of 'em except for Al-Sherar.

>'Nids
Mmkay, thanks.

Hey, the thread survived you going to bed! That's like being noticed by senpai, right?

If you have a particular favourite among your Mechanicum ideas, sketch it out a bit more and I'm sure people will feed more into it. Possibly just me. But I'm people.

Yeah, I was surprised. And it is almost as god as senpai noticing me. Almost.

Anyway...

>Holy Forge World Jerrsalem
>Jerrsalem was a Forge World created roughly halfway through the Age of Strife, though in truth it is not so much a Forge World as it is a series of space stations orbiting a Gas Giant.
>Brought into the Imperium's fold with little difficulty, it was of very litle importance during the Great Crusade and the Hektor Heresy,
>The Tech-priests of Jerrsalem had developed some advanced 'jump packs' which where more akin to the jetpacks of the Eldar (and later the Tau) in order to travel around efficiently on and in between their 'Forge Stations', but they needed to be physically attached to the body and required a near lifetime of training to use, and as such were not widely adopted into the Imperium at large.
>The electrical storms on the Gas Giant below had resulted in the Forge World having a greater than ususal amount of Electro-priests, but Jerrsalem was otherwise fairly orthodox.
>It was not until M32/M33 where Jerrsalem became the home of the first Tech Saint that the Forge World gained any true notoriety...

>senpai
Maybe you should use "Mechani-kun" as your handle?

>The Tech-priests of Jerrsalem had developed some advanced 'jump packs' which where more akin to the jetpacks of the Eldar
Not sure if you want them to have idiosyncratic tech or just want them to have transport between the stations. They could do a line in jetbikes as an alternative, as those are an uncommon Imperial technology in the 30k.

>mfw i still typo despite triple checking my post

>Mechani-kun
...I can't tell if I love that or hate it.

>Not sure if you want them to have idiosyncratic tech or just want them to have transport between the stations. They could do a line in jetbikes as an alternative, as those are an uncommon Imperial technology in the 30k.
I was honestly just trying to think up a way to give the Tech Saint legitimate flight that wasn't literally 'lolOmnissiah', but now that I think about it the way I tried was kind of dumb... hmm... lolOmnissiah it is then.

>Jerrsalem

That's a bit..on the nose. I think you can be a bit more imaginative with your names there.

>I was honestly just trying to think up a way to give the Tech Saint legitimate flight that wasn't literally 'lolOmnissiah'
You could go with "heh heh Technissiah" and make the flying gadgetry unique to the Tech Saint and proof of their power.

On the nose? Why whatever where you talking abou-yeah I'll think of something better.

I mean, all I did was change a 'u' into a second 'r'. God I'm lazy.

Oh, I've got it! Herasalem.

...that works. Why is everybody smarter than me?

Half the fun of 40k is seeing how blatantly you can reference things.

Maybe one of these?

"Urusalima"
"Al-Quds"
"Beth-Shalem"

I have been writing bits of this thing for almost two years. People have been beating my stupidity out of me for all of that time.

Alternatively, you can try the Mechanicum style of making something sound sciency. e.g.

"Jerusinum"
"Joulesalem"

Jerusinum sounds pretty good.

>People have been beating my stupidity out of me
Ah, that makes sense.

Okay, so we know the Tech Saint built a super cool jetpack/jump pack, what else did they do? I've had a few ideas on what powers the Omnissiah gave them:
>They could bring machines/Machine Spirits back to life
>Electromancy, which would make them the Tech Saint of Electro-priests I guess
>Limited Omniscience, i.e. they just sort of... know stuff about technology despite having never learned it, the information being lost, etc....
>Any suggestions/ideas? And the Tech Saint doesn't have to have all of these, and probably shouldn't because that would be overpowered. They sould have one, maybe two.

Also, what are the schisms the Tech Saint is supposed to heal or whatever? The arguments between Mars and Al-Sherar about doctrine?

What gender do we want the Tech Saint to be? Male or female?

Also, I was thinking that they could 'awaken' their powers/be blessed by the Omnissiah in a fight, though I'm not sure against who. The Admech/Forge World Jerusinum could be fighting against a lot of different foes...

>what are the schisms the Tech Saint is supposed to heal or whatever? The arguments between Mars and Al-Sherar about doctrine?
I need to write this on the wiki, but it's more than just Mars vs. Al-Sherar by the end of M31. Al-Sherar ends up as a focal point for heterodoxy in the Mechanicum, leading to the formation of a league of non-conformist Forge Worlds. Initially I was thinking that Mars recovers from their Schism (during the Heresy) and eventually grinds the League down politically and economically, but it might be more interesting to run a civil war angle which ends with the emergence of the Tech Saint.

>Male or female?
Is "Machine" an option?

apology for poor gothic

when were you when Imperium Asunder dies

I was at home editing wiki when Alexios ring

'thred is die'

'no'

and you?????????????

it might be more interesting to run a civil war angle which ends with the emergence of the Tech Saint.
So, would they be supporting orthodoxy or heterodoxy?

>Is "Machine" an option?
Well, gender doesn't really matter when it comes to Tech-priests, but it does help me design them.

Plus genders help me know which paralels to draw.

We've been doing this over two years. We don't fall apart the moment a thread isn't on Veeky Forums for a day. I guess one of you might make a new one, in the meantime feel free to crash here. We're happy to host our prodigal son until he gets his own thread to work within.

Is it dead? I hadn't seen threads for a while, but lulls happen.

>So, would they be supporting orthodoxy or heterodoxy?
I kinda feel like the Tech Priest ought to help Martian Orthodoxy, but could be argued out of that. They should definitely present themselves as the defender of unity.

>gender
I have no preference here.

>We've been doing this over two years.
It might feel like that, but it'll be two years in August.

>The First Tech Saint
>Information on Noan Arikus before their ascendency to Tech Saint is scarce at best, but as it is commonly understodo they were a simple Tech-priest of Forge World Jerusinum. While the tensions between the two factions of the Adeptus Mechanicus grew, Noan was continuing their Quest for Knowledge as if their order was not about to break into civil war.
>This is probably what drew the Omnissiah's favour to them - they wished only to discover the secrets of the universe and worship him, no more and no less.

I'm not actually sure where to go from there.

Well... there's two options. Either you take the reigns on the broader events (scope of civil war, that sort of thing) or you go deeper into Noan's life. There are some bios for Mechanicum people on the wiki, mainly traitors like 1d4chan.org/wiki/Vilyon_Luthier.

The politics of the civil war are going to be difficult when we don't have the broad strokes of the period worked out, so that may not be the best option. For deepening the character, you might want to go for the classical trope of the catabasis - the descent into the underworld - to shape your hero. The basic idea of a heroic figure going into the realm of the dead, whether metaphorically or literally, and gaining wisdom there to bring back to his or her people is a very strong one. The devil is in the details, but that's why the trope isn't worn out!

Hmm... I can see a couple of options here.

>Somehow ends up getting into the Dark Mechanicus base/Soul Forges/whatever, seeing them building a Chao Machine God, escapes and comes back with the news to help unite the Admech that way.
>Something with the Necrons, because Admech v Necrons can always be thematic.
>Something with Pallas? Admech/bionics/Metal vs Eugenesis/bioengineering/Flesh?

Those are definitely options. You could also have Noan thrown into the civil war and left for dead on the battlefield, or descend into the vaults of a lost Forge World (Massalia?) in pursuit of an STC fragment - really, it's just about finding something that you want to write about.

Yeah... I probably won't be posting much for a while, 'cause I'll be working on/thinking about this.

Fair enough. If there's no thread around and you have questions or whatever, you can always reach me through the wiki.

There's a thread now in case anyone was lurking here.

>1 poster
>19 posts
>"the more the merrier"
Ouch.

If Imperium Asunder really is dead, you guys are welcome to come over here. In many cases, the IA Legions are analogues of HH ones that have since been abandoned by their creators and could do with a new author.

Hello! I thought I'd like to mention I wrote much of the design of the current Kalkas Tygian, and would like to know what a fellow MechBro thought of him. Lumey here helped out a lot, too, in helping me design much of the current Admech to be more like the Catholic Church.

Which means the Ecclesiarchy will become more like Greek Orthodoxy.

I fully agree with this sentiment.

I'm not sure we designed the Mechanicum to be like the Catholic Church. It was more like:

>Let's flesh out the Mechanicum!
>YAYYYYY!
>wait, the OU really doesn't have much on them
>umm
>What real-life theocracies are there for inspiration?
>Papacy, I guess?
>Hey, my crazy friend thinks the Catholic Church Did Nothing Wrong
>LOL
>OK, let's put this thing together
>Guess we'll have to use the Eastern Church for the Ecclesiarchy because we really have nothing else

Most of the regular posters are EU so they're asleep, two of them are on vacation or something, and one of them had Veeky Forums blocked in his neighborhood. It's probably just a lull for now.

This is truth.

>It's probably just a lull for now.
I certainly hope that's right, though HH ran continuous threads for weeks before hitting a lull. Still, the offer stands.

Something important for Rokuten and Ogre Legion:

A while back I was chatting to Alex about the course of the Heresy (the war) and the idea of one of the Traitors joining late came up. Rather than throwing in with Hektor at the start, one Primarch would initially be in the Segmentum Solar, but turn their coat on the basis of an appeal to martial honour, solidarity against the Council of Terra, or a blood oath to Hektor. Whatever fits, really. Strategically, this helps to explain the delayed attack on Terra. Narratively, it adds a little more grit and means that the turncoats can become the loathed enemies of the Stone Men (who are slated to defend Terra).

Now, you don't have to adopt this idea. It's just a concept that came up. But if you like it, you're welcome to it.

Kalkas is... interesting. He seems more faithful to the Emperor than to the Omnissiah, even if he believes that they are one and the same, which is somewhat interesting.

Kalkas had to be a man capable of inspiring loyalty and disloyalty for narrative reasons. Hopefully he's a plausible figure!

Oh yeah, I could see it happening. Especially with how young and naieve he was portrayed as in the early years of his reign.

+++ DESTRUCTION OF SU-XO-UNG +++

Su-Xo-Ung was, prior to the Ullanor Crusade, a gargantuan blue giant situated in the Letwe Sector just outside the vile heart of the Ullanor Empire but still well within its boundaries. It hosted 63 planets and six distinct asteroid belts with its massive gravitational pair, one which would have been hospitable for humanity were 98% of its surface nor covered with water. Two of its gas giants had between them five moons varying in size from Terra to Mars. What made it notable though was that its densely packed first asteroid belt, the remains of a planet shattered some ten million years prior, possessed an overwhelming abundance of adamantium ores and other minerals of strategic importance.

Called the "Rok Belt" by the green-skins, it was a fertile ground for them to build their roks and kroozas. Orbital foundries and shipyards, though crude and ramshackle, churned out ships and armaments at a feverish pace fueled by the constant stream of materials produced from the hollowed out asteroids or hauled up from mines on the many planets. The pace at which they worked called for a steady stream of slaves - human and xeno alike - to fill the demand for labor.

The green-skins of course knew the value of Su-Xo-Ung and had dug in accordingly. In orbit they had formed mighty fortresses of roks lashed together. On the 7th planet, name long since lost, they patrolled the singular mini-continent and its surrounding atolls with behemoth ships and submersibles while its coasts were ringed with massive gun batteries pointed skyward. The masterminds of the Ullanor Crusade knew that Su-Xo-Ung must fall and it must fall as soon as possible or else they would suffer no end of the ork's fleet. The battle would be harsh without measure and it was projected to be perhaps one of the bloodiest in the entire crusade but it was one that had to be done.

The Imperium would never get the chance to though as a three years after the crusade began in earnest before the star winked out of existence. It was not the only star to vanish: another object in the Letwe sector believed to be a quark-degenerate star by the astrologians attached to the various fleets. The Imperium was only able to learn of what transpired in the system thanks to a fortuitously placed XIIIth legion advance reconnaissance ship that had been loitering on the outskirts of the sensor ranges of the orks that had managed to escape at the last moment.

Based on the report the Imperium was able to conclude that the Vetrovnak, using four of their largest classes of ship available, had managed to somehow teleport in along with the degenerate-quark star just outside of the rok belt. The four ships, later referred to as alpha carriers, immediately departed while the quark star began its spiral toward Su-Xo-Ung, plowing through one of the denser regions of roks. Even if they had prior warning the immense gravitational pull of the quark star was too much for the engines of the roks and kroozas in its path. In a single stoke the Vetrovnak had managed to put the entirety of the Su-Xo-Ung system into disarray while destroying approximately 1/7th of the fleet in an instant.

Utilizing the chaos the four alpha carriers would disperse into the system to lay siege to the planets and key systems. Given the bright flashes witnesses by the recon ship it can only be surmised the Vetrovnak were utilizing weapons that they had not chosen to bring to bear in any prior attack. Whatever the case may be the ships did not immediately depart once they were believed to have taken control of the planets; they remained and continued to engage the orks over the next four months. This gave orks from nearby systems and sectors time to descend upon the four alpha carriers.

Carefully over the next two months as the quark star began to near Su-Xo-Ung the Vetrovnak skirmished with the green skins. The recon ship reported that occasionally the alpha carriers would vanish momentarily. At first this was believed to be short range teleportation however after careful analysis of the data it can be concluded that the Vetrovnak were rotating up to seven alpha carriers in and out of the fight to prolong it. In the final month the quark star had gained enough mass to collapse into a black hole, releasing a shock wave of high energy radiation in the process. It is at this point the four alpha carriers retreated, prompting the recon ship to do the same.

No orkish vessel is believed to have escaped, though when the Imperium did arrive to investigate it they did find that a small number of roks had managed to avoid falling into the black hole. In doing so they had of course burnt out their engines and with the lingering damage of the radiation burst they were easily dealt with. Fortunately for the Imperium several large adamantium rich asteroids did get flung out of the system by the gravitational disturbance rather than consumed by the maw of the black hole.

Thought I'd post my basic overview here and get approval before it goes on the Great Crusade page of the wiki.

891-932.M30 The Ruavu Grun Xenocides Segmentum Tempestus is invaded from extra-galactic space by an unknown Xeno Race designated the ‘Ruavu Grun’ after the Ruavu System where they are first encountered. A colossal tide of billions of in massive planetship colonies that rival the Eldar Craftworlds emerge from the intergalactic Void, wielding unknown weapons of frightening power. With the Segmentum largely in the rear areas of the Crusade, the Ruavu Grun overrun sector after sector laying waste to any Imperials who dare to oppose them. Hundreds of hastily raised Imperial Army Formations are used as speedbumps to slow the Xeno forces while the Legiones Astartes and Mechanicum mobilize a massive taskforce. Ultimately the deployment of four full Legions of Space Marines and a dozen Titan Legions halts the Ruavu Grun tide at the very gates of Segmentum Solar at the Battle of Bloodfall, but at fearsome cost. The Emperor Himself gives the reconquest of Segmentum Tempestus His highest priority and personally leads five full Space Marine Legions supported by billions of Imperial Army and vast numbers of Mechanicum troops against the entrenched Ruavu Grun. The Xenos fight bitterly to hold onto their conquests and deploy legions of modified human serf-soldiers called the ‘Battleborn’ to support their own forces, but the Imperial Tide grinds them down until they are finally declared extinct. By the end of it a hundred thousand Marines are lost destroying the Ruavu Grun in the single largest multi-Legion loss before Hektor’s Rebellion. Victory celebrations are held on Terra at the final destruction of their bitter foe and a day of celebration is held across the Imperium. Recovered material suggests the Ruavu Grun were fleeing an unknown adversary from a distant galaxy.

Kalkas Tygian was a thought experiment for a reversal of the Fabricator-General in canon, with all that entails. I actually was thinking having a Loyalist Fabby-Gen makes the Heresy on Mars even worse. But we haven't gotten that far yet. I hope with your peerless pursuit of all things mechanical we can find a enjoyable continuation sooner rather than later.

Well, we've got until the 41st Millenium*... odds are that not every Fabricator General will be a good one. :)

I mean, who knows... maybe the Mechanicus version of Goge Vandire never got to rise up in the original timeline, but will get their cance here?

*And that's assuming we stop where canon stops. We're not GW, we could keep going if we wanted.**

**Not that I think we will. I imagine that by that point everybody will either be sick of working on this or will be satisfied by what we've created.

This is pretty good. There's a few places where it looks like autocorrect mangled a sentence and I need to read up on the idea of a quark-degenerate star, but I don't think there's any substantial problem. Today's been a long one for me but if you want to make a page for the incident I'll give it a dusting of editing magic tomorrow.

This one... I don't know. I'm not against it but it's a huge event and anons managing long-term developments in Tempestus haven't weighed in. At the very least, the general idea needs a nod from more contributors because it is so big.

Setting that aside and treating with the summary given... I'm sorry to say that it all feels a bit generic. In particular, the "one gigantic battle to turn the tide" narrative only makes sense if there's a place where both sides would concentrate their forces this way. Space is big, after all. I also feel like the "fleeing a distant foe" angle is a bit tacked on and the development of the campaign doesn't really suggest a refugee fleet (if a vast one) coming into contact with the Great Crusade.

Again, I'm pretty tired right now, so I might be letting the first point about getting eyes on the concept weigh heavy on my mind. I know this might feel a little unfair compared to the "yes, sure thing!" attitude I'm expressing towards other contributions at the moment, but I'm just sensitive to the number of toes that could be stepped on here. I'll come back to this after some sleep and try to be a bit more positive.

I am determined to get far enough through the timeline to add Sisters of Battle, but I'm not sure if there's a stretch goal past M41 to keep me writing. (That said, a hundred centuries is a LOT of history.)

Can we change the SoB around a little bit? Like giving them armour that's not fetishy?

And since the Ecclesiarchy is going to be more 'Greek Orthodoxy Space Nazis' than 'Catholic Space Nazis' we might need to do some semi-major redesigning of them...

>quark-degenerate star
pulled it from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_star

I needed something that's small enough to fit between the massive alpha carriers yet still has enough mass to push a blue giant into a gravitational collapse.

They wouldn't be able to pull a move like this off regularly since it takes a ludicrous amount of power - by their standards - to move something like a whole star. It only worked here because it was close by to begin with.

>Can we change the SoB around a little bit?
Yes

>Like giving them armour that's not fetishy?
The current plan is to have fetishy space nuns advised by sexy men in scanty clothing.

I was sure you'd done your homework, I just want to catch up!

>Can we change the SoB around a little bit? Like giving them armour that's not fetishy?
please god yes do it do it do it.

I mean seriously, look at this shit!
>Boob plate
>Exposed ass
>HIGH HEELS

I fully understand your issues. I'd much rather have everyone chime in with something this big and get as many opinions as possible before anything is committed to the wiki.

It's interesting that for a campaign described multiple times as 'bigger than Ullanor' the canon Rangda Xenocides are nothing more than a thin sketch. We know a massive intergalactic army invaded, the Dartk Angels lost 50,000 Marines in a single battle and ultimately it took multiple Legions and Mechanicum forces to destroy the invaders, but the specifics are shrouded in mystery. That is both a boon (There's nothing there to influence how the Ruavu Grun Xenocide goes down) and a problem (For a conflict this big, the fact it seems to have no great effect on the Legions and the Galaxy at large must be a problem on FW's part). So hopefully here we can fix that issue.

HOW IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE POWER ARMOR?!

This one still sort of has a boob plate but is much better.

I know, right?

Anyway, this one is from tumblr and is inferior to in my opinion, but it's not half bad either.