Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

No snouts edition.

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/necrocraft
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/paizo---summoner-archetypes/synthesist
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looking for good gestalt builds for a group of assassins for npcs. 1party only. high level and have to be one class that gets 6 or 9th lvl spells and one non casting class. all of them will have mythic 1 except the leader who has mythic 10.

any ideas would be appreciated.

>Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
What's this about?

I'll have snouts all I like.

/pfg/ omplains about humans but, literally worships humans but with animal ears and tail for no evolutionary reasoning

Paizo made some unwanted, terribly bad errata that further shits on martials.

I don't recall hearing any complaints about humans.

It's because they're still humans and not nukeworthy abominations.

Following up from before, are any useful language dependent magus spells?

Most infamously making the Jingasa and Quick Runner's Shirt both overpriced and useless.

>mythic 1, but the one guy has mythic 10

Dude, that is a raw deal of raw deals. There is a galaxy of difference between mythic 1 and 10.

As for an assassin, the obvious answer is to go for shadowdancer or red mantis killer, with hexcrafter magus or wizard on the other side. Actually just wizard. Exploiter wizard, if possible, for that ridiculous teleport ability.

You misunderstand the wording and placement of the comma.

It's 'human but' or human but lives long, or human but shadow realm, or human but angels. Just that a great deal of other races are small variations on human, because that's all we can feel sympathy for.

I don't want furries, I want creativity.

>didn't even put a hyphen
>expects people to understand what he means

good luck, chuck

>There is a galaxy of difference between mythic 1 and 10
the 10 is technically a god the ones are his chosen champions

>Also, there is a unique Empyreal with a new Paragon type, I think he can become an enormous gold dragon
This guy is cool, he can come to my house and fuck my sister

>wiz shadowdancer
well yes but i want them to all be somewhat unique in their fighting style. not just a bunch of clones.

The only way to balance casters.

So he's an NPC questgiver or something? And hopefully not a DMPC power fantasy?

I still can't get over this upsetting childhood adventures book, this can't be real.

Shh, don't talk about it, bury it deep.

none of these are pcs. the 10 shouldnt really come up in play but i like to stat everything just in case. there's pretty much nothing the pcs can do that would cause him to even bother paying attention to them. and i sincerely believe that my power gaming pcs wont be able to actually find the god of assassins unless he wants them to. the only interaction i could foresee them doing is possibly worshiping him and getting spells from him.

>No snouts edition.

How often do humans take catfolk or kitsune for waifus/husbandos in the game world?

Zootopia user here with some storytime!
Today was the intro to things, so it took a lot longer (broke for both lunch and dinner). So, much to my surprise, everyone at the table decided to pick ZPD forces. This led to me having to do some VERY fast rewriting while they fleshed out character names/personalities/etc. For a brief recap (and player brief):

The two adults at the table took the Ibis Wizard (Pidge) and Dog Vitalist (Malinois). Youngest guy at the table, at 8, takes the Rhino Barb (Rhyhorn Don, after his newest catch in GO). Twin girls, age 10, take the Panda UnMonk (Chien Po, she's a Mulan and KFP fan) and the Catfolk Paladin (Felis). Elephant Aegis is taken by the last guy, 12 years old and an Iron Man fan. The rest of this post shall be greentexted and condensed as far as I can.

>Chief Bogo briefs the room about a rash of art thefts, witnesses describe a timber wolf wearing a green shirt accompanied by three accomplices.
-Do note that both adults already got the reference here.
>Team does some really good roleplay, getting into character. Vitalist quickly becomes the team lead, so I start referring to him as Lieutenant. Before getting far, they realize that they'll need info.
>Hit the streets! While gathering info from some street mice, the party the party runs into some Sheep still resentful from the movie plot. Fight ensues.
>Casters hang back, sniping a bit but conserving spells/PP. I figure out fast that ALL FOUR OF THE KIDS GRABBED NETS.
>Some saps, some billy clubs, one crit charge, and four nets later they haul some very unfortunate thugs to the station

(cont)

Head Pat (Cha)

By extending your arm in a non-threatening manner and flapping your arm and hand in the universal sign of encouragement, consolation and praise you can change the attitude of a creature from hostile, unfriendly and indifferent states to friendly.

Action: Takes 1 minute of solid and continuous headpatting.

Special: If you have the Persuasive feat, you can headpat two heads at once.

Cool, more

>If you have the Persuasive feat, you can headpat two heads at once

One of my characters married a catfolk party member at the end of a campaign.

He was a human Chosen One. She was a catfolk Abyssal Bloodrager murderbeast. They made a cute couple.

The jocks are asleep, you can show you're waifus now!

>rereads original post

I see what you meant now. I thought this was PC building, not NPCs.

wizard//shadowdancer, bounty hunter slayer//sorcerer or hunter, bloodrager//summoner, and maybe a vigilante//oracle of some nature.

You glorious fuck

thanks. i'll look into those.

(continued storytime)

Before I go further, reminder of some context. Everything magical or supernatural in PF is flavored as tech here. "Wizard" means specialized blaster rounds, "Vitalist" coordinates through earpieces and visors, etc.

>Felis's player really gets into character during interrogation, filing claws casually after having just helped take these guys painfully down. She tried a laser pointer to get them to focus at one point, saying later "Always worked for my Momma"
>Comes out that there is going to be a major underground art show the next evening, and the thieves might try to fence what they stole.
Team works out that they can't all go in full uniform, they'd stand out too much. Panda and Elephant chosen to go in undercover, the former because no weapons needed and the latter because he can freaking summon his. Kity is on overwatch, with the Ibis and Rhino covering the other two exits.
-I can't emphasize how much coordination they put into this, they spent over an hour getting building plans and placements right. I had to write some of the info they gathered on the spot, I didn't expect this much digging.
>Team gets in their places, the two go in. sure enough, wolf in a green shirt, accompanied by a rather attractive fox, a frog with a hat armed with a poorly-concealed pistol, and another fox in robes with a katana openly carried
-Adults facepalm, kids are interested
>Team forgot to account for a couple of things. pandas are rare, and elephants stand out no matter /where/ they are, so the two get spotted and identified by the quarry exceedingly fast. They make for a rear door, exiting right into the Ibis's line of fire.
>COLOR SPRAY, BITCH!
>Vitalist gets everyone on target and Toughens the wizard, Catfolk paladin is in range next round and designates Goemon as target lawbreaker for her Smite Overdrive, then unloads.

(to be completed)

Is /pfg/ less into elves and more into kitsune than the rest of Veeky Forums?

I like elves. And kitsune. But I am a bit more into... legs.

>Rhino and Panda get into the fray just in time for Jigen to snap out of it, with Lupin coming to just as the elephant calls his heavy power armor and pulls out an ENORMOUS billy club.
>Goemon was about to do some terrible things with that katana, but got Stunned by the monk before he could land a potentially-lethal second hit. Paladin uses her autoinjector stim pack (read: Lay On Hands self) and delivers another shot that leaves him bleeding on the ground.
>Don the Rhino apparently Would Hit A Girl, because he crits HARD with his sap and lays out Fujiko
>Lupin and Jigen manage to escape with a well-placed smoke bomb. Everyone knows we'll be seeing them again
>Vitalist stabilizes the two and does some quick patching up the team, while nets are use for restraints to haul the offenders in.

We wrapped up returning to the station, the two captured foxes behind bars. There is some RP during equipment maintenance (one of the adults is military, and he was making the point to the kids).

Alright, I have to go to sleep, but I'll check out feedback on this in the morning. Hope you enjoyed it, next session is planned for next Saturday

I gotta say a second face is a huge turnoff.

Even the nerds bully me for having this waifu though. I mean Bioware did.

Better than the hippie, though.

Is that pre-Blight Quelaan?

DSP aranea monster race when?

Akashit Mysteries PDF when?

>tfw Elanee was the worst girl in the whole game and they made her the only option

Ok so I have a bunch of undead and I've hit my HD cap. Thing is, I'm quite attached to a really weak one that is no longer viable at this level.

Is there any way to upgrade undead or maybe combine a bunch of them to one strong undead?

>combine a bunch of them to one strong undead
Necrocraft
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/necrocraft

Default/canon girl is always worst girl. Usually so bland and vanilla you can identify her only because she is the most forgettable.

>Need 50 bodies to create one that is weaker than your typical 20hd monster
Why does it suck so muuuch?

Because it assumes you used 50 Commoner 1s, and even then only a bit of each to build your undead monstrousity.

You have done well, user.

Have a Sylvie.

I don't know that we like elves less than Veeky Forums does in general, but liking kitsune more?

Maybe just a little.

/pfg/ is Veeky Forums's fox-fapper central.

Headpats are gateway drug to heavy petting.

Hey PFG, where you aware that Gonzo 2 added Rolf as a barbarian archetype?

Legs are nice but definitely not the only flavor with a running at best waifu material

>tfw when you actually ended up with a snekwaifu in a pathfinder game because you busted a hole in the DM's pocket dimension prison.

Let us put this to the test.

Best X-COM employee.

10/10, would promote.

>Foxes are, by, like, an order of magnitude, the most popular furbait, while simultaneously being the most popular weebait.

>Plus, nobody plays catfolk or grippli, and skinwalkers are were-folk with no canonical look.

I thought catgirls were the "generic" anime weebbait.

I'm aware of roughly 10% of the things Gonzo 2 added, and they scare the shit out of me.

That said, it would not surprise me in the least.

Foxgirls are like catgirls but for weebs who like to think they're cooler for having a vaguely tenuous link to mythology.

There's also an archetype for Sparkle Princess called Mother, which is less terrifying. Sort of Mary Poppins-esque.

But like Sparkle Princess, it can also be Father.

It's literally Dad: The Class.

Catgirls are dead, they are outclassed by foxgirls and catboys.

Foxgirls are just for people who prefer fluffy tails to svelte ones.

What about foxboys?

>Foxboy joins our campaign
>He talks in a german accent
What sorts of things can I do with him.

They're just rare.

Put him in a dirndl.

see image name

D'aw, he's cute!

What the fuck is this shit?!

Spoil him?

Fetishism at work in full display.

duh

Would you take a kitsune mesmerist boy as your cohort who secretly mind controls you every day?

It's still better than the furry shit and most things.

>alt racial trait that gives the fox form feat, ignoring prereqs, instead of Agile and natural weapons
>no bipedal fox form, just "literally a fox" to "human with fox features" to "human" shapeshifting
Change type to Fey shapeshifter, with some reference to the animal type in there.
>change nothing else stat-wise

Is it really that easy to make kitsune less shit?

Kitsune are a pretty weak race.

They could use some touches to be more like, I dunno, aasimar.

>How to get a QT ____ "boi" without being extremely shit
>Step 1: Roll a skinwalker instead

And people say furries are the degenerates.

I could probably do a better "fix" to slap over the base race, but it's 3 AM and I can't go on an SRD adventure.

But skinwalkers aren't intelligent fey animals, they're lycanthrope-lites.

Special: If you have the Persuasive feat and Multi-Armed trait, you can headpat three to four heads at once.

This is pretty cool, more needed. What did the kids think of the game?

>multi-armed trait
>leaving out aegii and synthsums who can gain extra arms without that trait
>mfw

Who else draws a "reverse age swap" spell and then draws a bulge for an aged-up furry kitsune?

A bulge with lines demarcating the penis and the testicles.

A twit who can't resist the urge to put his fetish into things he's ostensibly selling for general consumption.

It would be just as degenerate as if it was a human.

I've been out of the loop, please direct me to the sources for those.

Aegis, 3pp psionic class.

And Synthesist, a 1pp Summoner archetype which makes your eidolon into a suit.

Cool, thanks brah.

Aegis
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis

Synthesist (Summoner archetype)
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/paizo---summoner-archetypes/synthesist

Aegis is on the SRD, so no need to ponder what book it's from either.

Thanks heaps, brahs

Does the sythn evolution and aegis customization stack with multi-armed?

They're both just 'extra arms'

So if you were a Kasatha or something that had more arms to start with, then yeah sure.

That's a lot of arms you're looking at. Please tell me you're gonna have some method to actually use that?

Special: If you have the Persuasive feat and Multi-Armed trait or Lesser Arms aegis customization or Limbs evolution, you can headpat three to four heads at once.

If you have the Lesser Extra Arms customization with the Multi-Armed trait, you can headpat eight heads at once.

Taking the Limbs evolution multiple times allows you to headpat as many heads as the evolution allows.

Maybe just 'If you have multiple arms, you may headpat one creature for each arm you possess at the same time.'

Thanks brahs; yeah, see above, may need slight tweaking.

Shouldn't this be 6 heads at once?

Not bad.

Don't encourage him

Yeah, this might be better and more concise. Thanks brah.

How about "If you have customizations, evolutions or any other way to have multiple arms, you can headpat a head for each arm you possess"?