What I Made / What DM Saw / What I Played

"What I Made..." thread

...When the party gives the half orc a Hat of Disguise as an insult and suddenly Christina Aguilera starts singing...

Repostan.

Pelor the Burning Hate baby!

good shit

well this smells like a story

Because... WFRP 1.0

This is for the most failed campaign I ever ran. It was actually the second fallout campaign with the same characters. The first one went pretty great, the second one... well let's just say that to this day I have no idea what the fuck happened...

Well, at least had the second one hookers/sluts, so it's something...

story pls

bump, cause I like those

How it actually happens.

Gib sdory dime pls :D:D:D

Not a single CN among the group, I bet ;) lol.

We've had multiple non-lethal-pvp scenes because we're just such a dysfunctional party...
Here's my husband's character from the same game as the first post...

I'm the guy who posted thatI can try to story time it if anyone here still wants it, but the thread seems to be pretty much dying so I don't think it's worth it

plz story

(OP) well... she's a 12 year old half orc barbarian who stole her uncle's battleaxe and ran away from home (grew up with abusive orc tribe) to prove that she can fight too... We started at lvl 1 so a LOT of it has been basically pretending she's a whole lot bigger and scarier than she is, putting up walls basically.

Since the campaign started she has unwittingly aided in what turned into the outright massacre of pretty much her entire people fueled by an over the top rage.

Also, almost the entire party hates her because she's an orc, and she somewhat hates them because they're mostly elves and half elves... The (now deceased) party rogue actually assassinated the warchief against her demands not to, leading to a few pretty tense party conflict moments where she almost killed him (pity she didn't) and one of the other half elves (husband's racist druid mentioned in above post) almost killed her a few times too...

After the rogue's own stupidity and pride finally got him killed, the party divided up his stuff and thought it would be funny to give the hat of disguise to the half orc, because, "she'll need it the most". Har har. So, since she doesn't have a home to go back to now, and doesn't fit in with the adventuring group too well either, she's using it to make one half of her face look orc and the other half look human, because she's still fucking 12 and slaughtered everyone she knew less than 10 days ago and is smack dab in the middle of a huge identity crisis. Hooray!

Of course she keeps to herself a lot so all the party really sees is sulking interspersed with frenzied rages in combat... We're so good at party communication and camaraderie.

So basically, she set out on a quest for honour, to prove herself, and to be accepted by her tribe as a warrior... but then ended up killing them all to prove it. All the while, everything that she does convinces the party even more that she's a feral orc who can't be trusted. Oops?

Alright, other people storytiming means the thread may survive long enough. Give me some time to write it down and remember all the details, it's been a few years ago. You want the short version about what the fuck happened with the second campaign or shall I summarize everything?

Yay

This is Veeky Forums. You tell the story.

Alright then, the second campaign was pretty much a continuation of the first one, so I'll just make a short summary of it and get straight to the point. But first, the characters. There was 6 of them. First 4 classically met themselves in a bar in some trading town in Alabama and the other 2 were rescued by them from the hands of raiders some time later. The time was few decades after the events of FO3 to fit into one of the player's backstory.

Storytime can be arranged if anyone cares enough

I care about those dubs

Summarize all that you can.
I am GM for a fallout RPG at the moment and really psyked to hear the story.
I have posted the fanmade system we are playing with

Close enough.

Campaign was in a cyberpunk-styled world. Arcologies and corporations in the major cities, raiders and nomad gangs out in the desert and on the highways. Campaign mostly had the party working for and against various gangs, syndicates, and megacorps in an attempt to figure out who killed the party's mentor and get proper, street-style retribution.

My character was a survivalist nut who went between the wasteland and the cities regularly and used to be a smuggler. Upon learning of his mentor's death, he was at first interested in the revenge part but then he started leaving marks and symbols in his wake. these eventually advanced into complex graffiti (I even spent points to get artistic ability later on) and soon it wasn't even about revenge for him anymore, just taking on the biggest and scariest groups, leaving colorful expletives and weird runes on the walls, and generally just having a great time with it. In the end, the party split because half of them didn't think the other half was really in it for revenge anymore, and were just doing it for personal profit. Eventually they killed our mentor's killer and in doing so became a prime target of the deceased's very powerful organization. Another party member decided she'd take them on for the money, and my character just wanted to because it would be impressive to take down the people who killed this guy. the PvP fight lasted a while but in the end we won out because I mined the road they were using for their escape before the showdown even started. One of the PCs killed was in good with some big players that came after my char, and since the campaign ended pretty soon after that it's assumed he went into hiding in the desert, though people picking over ruined or raided settlements might catch colorful, cryptic graffiti on a wall or two.

Go on.

First 4 characters were all human. They were:
-A black mercenary, forgot the name. Pretty much just a fighter guy with some survival skills, sometimes turning on the murderhobo mode. Later he was castrated in a semi-accident
-An ex caravanner called Simon, fulfilling the role of a "talk-guy". Pretty much useless in combat though. Addicted to alcohol and later had an episode with "weakness" towards children. As we played during a period in which most players didn't like this one very much he was a bit bullied.
-A mechanic called Christopher. Obsessed over collecting scrap parts. In the second campaign he turned into pretty much a mad scientist.
-Keny(mistake intended). That's an interesting one. Insane agility, sneak skill and amount of luck, but he was blind and mostly deprived of other senses. His weapon of choice was a machete and he could wreck havoc with it. Pretty much a blind ninja master, but later he turned full psychotic Pyro mode, completely detached from reality and living his trademark "Keny wuz hir" tag wherever he went. Also best friends with John.
-A Ghoul sniper and driver, again forgot the name, very affectionate towards his care and sometimes a bit of a voice of reason among these murderhobos.
-A supermutant called John. Could wrec complete havoc, and was pretty much chaotic neutral - his end goal was to get as much power and wealth he could. He used to be an inhabitant of the supermutant vault from FO3 until the lone wanderer destroyed it. He also wanted to get revenge on the "doctor" which he remembered from the vault as the one who turned him and kill his family in experiments.

That's pretty much the gist of it. GM pretty much thought, since our mentor was basically cyrus from the warriors, that I'd be a gang banger type dude since I stocked up on rifle ammunition and cocaine amidst my survival supplies.

Did have one moment of going totally scarface, when we broke into a drug lab a gang was running backed by a research firm. the tech was way too good and we figured that out, so we went in to raid the place. Long story short I got to an upper floor which was crawling with gang members, geeked the fuck out on blow and dumped magazines of rifle ammo their way. by the time the rest of the party had cleared the floor below, I had been shot twice and was still killing off enemies.

In the end, though, the graffiti won out. After all, isn't your image your legacy? People see you as some guy who others boss around, then you're a tool. People see you as a weird, unbalancing enigma that draws pretty pictures all over the place to prove he's "the baddest" or something else to that tune, that lingers. It lingers because it's irrational, and people eat that shit up. Also, it's wicked fun, especially when solitude out in the desert's made you half-crazy and you've got a subconscious death wish you constantly act upon.

Damn I just noticed how much mistakes I make when trying to write fast, sorry for that. As you can see this party was pretty much crazy murderhobos from the beginning, but the first campaign was actually pretty decent. It started as a new year's eve one-shot, but they wanted to keep playing so it evolved into a campaign. I'll summarize it now and if perhaps later tell about some segments in more detail if you'll want:
In general they're first quests was to find a missing caravan. After an adventure with toxic fog and shroom mutants they found it destroyed and they learn that one of the caravanners tried to make a run for it with some mysterious metal box they couldn't open. In his diary he wrote that although the other caravanners didn't realise that it was "a key to one of the greatest mysteries of the pre-war America and it will give immense power and wealth to anyone who'll possess it" He mentioned that he has to bring it to the "Nuclear Priests" somewhere far south. Pretty much the simplest and most bullshit plot possible but I made it on a fly in the middle of a night. So they went south and after some trouble with a ghoul-bikers gang they finally found a mention of the Nuclear Priests who were supposed to be found in Sunny Wasteland(Florida). It doesn't sound as shitty in my native language, trust me.

The Nuclear Priests turned up to be mainly a religious-charity organization, educating wastelanders and tribals among other things. They're chapels, names and habits were always somehow subtly connected to Nuka-Cola. This was supposed to be a hint for the players what to expect for them but they didn't really notice it. Anyway, when the PCs entered their chapel with the metal box they found earlier they went full religious gibberish, talking about the secret that will bring joy to all wasteland and the box being one of the 3 keys to it, the other thing needed was "the heir". Of course it couldn't be a coincidence that just few days ago one of their missionaries found the location of the second box at Okefenokee swamps to the east. They called the players the chosen ones and asked for help in reclaiming "the secret". To my surprise the players didn't even want more info - they just agreed to help. The swamps turned to be a shithole with fire breathing alligators and two headed snakes They helped in war between two tribes leaving there and among other things made pact with a swamp spirit(A.K.A granny) before securing the second key-box

As we had trouble assembling the full party at that time we did few non connected side sessions at the time. That's when John's chaotic neutral nature started to really come out. Among other thing he sacrificed a group of kids and an entire town to a supermutant band, which proclaimed him a hero in return. Later they found an abandoned lab of the doctor he was looking for. Abandoned except for some of his crazy experiments he left on guard including teleportating mutants. They learned that the Doctor set up his base of operation at Cape Canaveral. John took Simon and Keny with him and decided to finally take his revenge.

Cape Canaveral was a fortress and the Doctor, now think tank-style brain in a jar filled it with a whole army of "upgraded" supermutants and other strange FEV experiments. Thanks to some wit and even more luck they managed to partially sneak and partially fight their way to the doctor. After killing him John using the base communication system proclaimed himself as horde's new leader and killed everyone who opposed him. This army however couldn't help them where they were going next...

Does anyone still read this?
The last box was located in a vault in Miami itself. Beside the atom bombs, the chinese also detonated some strange experimental chemical bomb in there which mutated all the survivors into aggressive monsters, very fast, very agile, attacking in swarms and completely deadly. Only one community was thriving in the ruins, made of the survivors of the vault who managed to escape after the monsters entered and occupying a shopping mall which they made into a city. They knew how to move through the city without being detected by mutants and were to find valuable loot they could sell outside for supplies. The owner of the last box was in Miami vault, so the box should still be there. His descendant "the heir to rhe secret" was also needed and the Priests hoped he could be found among the survivors in the mall. With help of a guide the PCs got to the mall. Then they had to split. One group had to create a diversion to clear the vault from monsters and the second one should get the box then. So the first one created a massive explosion on the other side of the city which managed to lure all the monsters there and miraculously managed to escape. The second one got the box and the info about heir's identity which turned out to be a boy living in the mall.
From the priests info "the secret" was hidden at the top floor of one of the skyscrapers downtown, which fortunately was still standing. After some though fight they got to the top to find a big luxurious office, windowed from three sides. On the fourth wall there was a console opening the vault which was supposed to hold "the secret" It needed the 3 keys and the blood sample from the heir to open. The problem was the noise and electromagnetic impulses would lure the monsters from the whole damn town and due to very low energy levels putting the floor on lock down to keep them secure would take about 10 minutes.

So they made a last stand and defended themselves. And after the safe opened they found a piece of paper inside. And on it... A recipe of Nuka-Cola. I couldn't wait to see their faces, but they were actually quite happy. The priests exclaimed that they were preparing for this moment from years and now they can restart the production of they "holy drink" in few weeks, changing their chapels into factories and bringing the wasteland the joy of Nuka-Cola again. As a rightful heir the kid (I think he was called Martin) will be the chairman when he grows up. The PCs would of course get a large cut of the profit for what they done. I decided that such a fucked up campaign should also have a fucked up ending. What's more in the following years John with Keny as his right hand and main general managed to create a supermutant empire the size of 3 states. And that's how I wanted to finish it. Epic last fight, happy end after that. But some of the players insisted to make a second campaign, perhaps set few years in the future and to play it soon. Well, if they insisted...
So here we start with the infamous second campaign which lasted a lot shorter before fucking up. Not sure if anyone is still reading it but if I wrote that much I might as well finish it up...

I am reading it with great anticipation for the ending

>Florida

I found the reason for your craziness. What did you think radiation was going to do to Florida man?

Especially when he has to compete with shit like this

Or this

Sorry for the delay, got problem with internet connection. So for the second campaign they wanted to keep the same level of craziness but with more epicness and perhaps some big bad enemy. They also wanted some more interesting characters they could bond with. Well ok, I thought. I decided to make it 10 years after the first one. The new made Nuka-Cola Company reached huge success, and because the drink was not only cheap an tasty but also contamination clean it sold great, reaching even as far as NCR. It's new Headquarters was in Atlanta which was now a part of John's empire. The second campaign started when Martin, now a successful company chairman asked them for assistance once more. He sent a scouting party some time ago to a pre-war Nuka-Cola lab somewhere north. His people managed to determine that they were working on some mind altering substances there. Before they could examine it thoroughly they were attacked by unknown assailants who flew in a vertibird. They had top tier equipment and supreme fighting tactics. They drove the scouts away, took some stuff, blew the lab to hell and flew away.

>female Thor
well hello boner

Before Martin could finish the guards brought the news that the city was under attack. Apparently part of the citizens and city garrison went nuts and started shooting everyone and trying to take over the city. They managed to defend it, and in the place where the attack began they found traces of the same substances that were found in the lab in the north. What's more soon they started getting news. Same thing happened in many other cities including some really far ones. They also got reports about groups of soldiers with the same equipment as those from the labs setting camps all over the country. John's empire got hit hard loosing over 2/3 of territory including his main base of operation. They wanted revenge and now the had the enemy they wanted.

So who were these guys actually? I imagined them as some sort of backup pre-war army put in crio-stasis in some huge base, possibly somewhere in annexed Canada. They wanted to reclaim the country according to a pre-war apocalypse case plan. I know that's pretty bullshit, but I didn't want to use The Enclave, because they were pretty much dead after the events of FO3 and I wanted some new and original threat for them, I felt that fighting Enclave would be just boring. And unlike the Enclave those guys didn't have anything against the wastelanders even the mutants and ghouls. They were inviting them into their camps, giving them food and water and using mind control drugs brainwashing them into becoming perfect and loyal US citizens and help rebuild as if War never happened. Basically the camps were express brainwashing schools with the basics of american history, culture, science and conditioning them for their new role in society.
So, before actually doing anything players decided to go to one of those camps and still a vertibird for quicker transport. Didn't really expect that and none of them could fly anyway, but hey, if they want they're welcome to try. So they went into the camp pretending to be "students' and... they liked it. I made a twisted high school parody(milf teachers and basketball matches included), and they liked it so much it took pretty much the whole session... and then another one. By then they were divided by the players who wanted to move on and steal that damn vertibird and those that had to much fun to leave, so the campaign died a slow death. For the better.

Eef, yeah.

So that's pretty much the story of how what was supposed to be an epic full scale war campaign stretched through an entire continent turned into a post-apo high school simulator. They were even smuggling cigarettes from caravanners. I'll be going to sleep now, but if you have any questions ask. If this thread will be up till tomorrow I'll answer them.

Also where are those from? Looking nice.

"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One Cadian pattern Laspistol
- Two charge packs
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Feral Worlder phrase book and Uplifting Primer
- One hundred thrones in teef
- One hundred thrones in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend on Vega with all that stuff."

>that (parody) quote

Mah nigga.

>Yukari
Fucking lost.

I'd like to hear stories about orc girl Mulan.

Not too bad tbqh, give snake a mech and he's basicly at least him or zechs marquise tier.

Looks like a giant version of the Mantis Shrimp, a real crustacean that is stupid powerful iirc.

See
It's more like, Mulan gone wrong. Rather than going to war to protect her father, she ran away solely to prove that she could fight as well as the male/full blooded orcs. And then instead of ending up with the Chinese army she ended up joining the Huns... And then meeting the Chinese army in battle and helping slaughter them in the avalanche scene instead of the Huns. And then being like "oh shit", finding the burned out village (which in this case was actually the sole survivor telling of arcane horror not related to the huns), and being like "well fuck, whose side am I on". And then Hun party rogue kills her dad replacement figure, she defends him, leading Huns to be like "yo are you a Hun or Chinese"... Except that metaphor isn't working perfectly anyways... And is breaking apart pretty badly now. Anywho. We're still only level 4, so plenty of adventures left to be had. Her roots are definitely combo Cinderella /Mulan though. If you look hard enough, every character is a Disney princess. Lol

FUCK
YOU

storytime

FUCK
YOU