Adorable

What's the cutest creature in your setting, Veeky Forums? Share cute stories and pics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/91Bw9x1vpHs
www18.atwiki.jp/makeyou_kingdom/pages/1.html
mega.nz/#F!KA1DHRRL!MGkoDoBdnehHG7D2iXOwXQ!HcsVBRzY
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_956756377&feature=iv&src_vid=d2CTVqt2wxU&v=VdRXuyBOyow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In my setting there are baby rock elementals like pic related that one of the players adopted. It was literally as dumb as a rock and could only move around really slowly, eat rocks, occaisionally make a kind of purring/rumbling sound and look damn adorable.

Then at one point the party met a sentient skeleton who had been stuck in a cave for 40 years and couldn't leave without becoming inanimate again. The player gave the skeleton the baby rock elemental to keep him company until the next time they came to visit.

No pic, but my setting now has creatures called gwiyeowo that live in the trees.
They started out as an off-hand comment (gwiyeowo's are just generically cute background critters with no stats or narrative significance) but they have since become a kind of meme among my group.

Also, red pandas:
youtu.be/91Bw9x1vpHs

One of my players wants one as a familiar.

Seriously, OP. Are you trying to kill half of Veeky Forums with the excessive use of adorableness?

Depends on your opinion.

Kitba: Small foxes. If it learns magic, it's tail splits into more (and more with more wizard powers), and very sociable, if typically (though not always) not all that bright. They fear silence more than anything else (on account of "it's quiet... too quiet..."), and always have some form of musician playing something somewhere. Politics are a mess that is so bad you wonder how it works, since the average noble should be in a loony bin ("All the houses have to be PINK under penalty of DOOM!") and the king changes so often because they are chosen by who thinks they should be king at the moment (the longest rule was about 6 months. Shortest about 6 minutes), which miraculously only only messes with other creatures' records. Typically find one thing they really like, and work on that most, even if it doesn't fit, leading to finding odd things in little towns, such as finding a florist, a painter, and an airship mechanic all living next to each other.

Nyaoro: kitty cats with literal nine lives. Think weirdly, thinking those they are around often are their real friends, and typically put things off until the last minute. Think the Kitba are crazy. Some have a hard time expressing emotions unless stressed. Their armor for the Nyaoro Clawed Forces is spiky, some higher ups jokingly referred to as "Honorary Porpin" from the amount of pointy bits. Legitimately need all them pointy bits, fighting style is full contact and they fight basically Shoggoths but solid. (You never know what you'll get!)

Porpin: Little Hedgehogs! Amazing assistants, found everywhere, and members of the Cult of HE WHO BURROWS BELOW! A cult dedicated to being super friendly and nice, in order to appease a massive Wyrm who really just wants to be alone and not bothered by the little guys. Typical Porpin cities accomidate for other races by having doorways and cielings high enough to allow them to be there, even if it is still a bit cramped.

Awuf: Dogs of various kinds. They are too varied to generalize, but are most commonly found as paladins that always forget to talk about whatever religion they follow, or as roving Gypsies with nothing better to do than sightsee. Names of doge species are typically just normal ones but spelled horribly wrong (Chi Hooah Hooahs for example, and Corgen. Chi Hooah Hooahs are actually most commonly found as paladins, compensating their size with bravery)

Would type more, but I was only here because manager didn't come.

That's pretty cute, user.

We once found an animated rope that had the intelligence and personality of a small dog.

We called him Pancakes.

I aww'd all over my desk.

10/10 would create a sanctuary to protect.

Oh boy.
I think it is an hard choice to say which one takes the cake. I have just so many of them.
The last one I pulled off on the party, were creatures called Echors, which are pretty much colorful bunny-parrots creatures, with huge winged ears that allowed them to fly. They repeated stuff like a parrot would do, but ending their phrases with a peep, rather than a squawk. They are rather friendly and curious, if hard to catch. They love eating fruit, and will get offered treats from your hand if you look trustworthy enough.

Should I post more of my critters later?

All monsters are cute if you have the right mindset.

>You will never own a gigantic bear that's over 2 meters tall if he stands on his hind legs
>You will never give him a literal bear hug
>You will never play around with him and frolic in the fields
>You will never boop him on his soft, wet nose
>You'll never squeeze a warm chunk of flesh covered by soft bear fur
>You will never give a gigantic bear bellyrubs until his leg twitches
>You'll never catch salmon together
>You'll never fall asleep under the starry sky, using the bear's body as a giant pillow

Why am I even alive?

>You will never boop him on his soft, wet nose
Actually bear noses are pretty stiff and dry, unless they're sick.
Source: I got my picture taken with a bear cub once, it kept nosing me.

The op is a chow

test

That's a cute test, user.

Depends on your definition of adorable

Probably the rabbitpeople druids that can shapeshift into whatever adorable creature you want them to.
But mostly rabbits.

I don't do cute things because all my games gravitate towards grimdark edgy shit to 14-year-olds.

What's the sauce on these cards? I kinda like the artist's style and want to see more.

This retarded dog is a universal constant in all the games my buddies and I play.

I see your retarded dog, and raise with a retarded cerberus puppy

Crows and ravens are favored by the goddess of magic and have long been a favored pet of wizards, sorcerers, and pretty much everyone. They've also been bred to be more intelligent.

Cats are still popular as mousers and good company, and have also grown in wisdom and wit due to constant exposure to magic.

It's no surprise the country's magisters made "criffs", which are crow griffins that look like a mix of fluffy down feathers and a black kitten. They're also exceedingly popular pets, but also incredibly mischievous and can talk enough to get into big trouble.

>adorable chimera pets
Yes, we need more of these. With pictures.

They are just one of many cut out and play card games

Aww, that's pretty cool. Wish there was a repository or somethin, but google says nothing. Thanks much, though!

Sure, fire away.

Yes, please

Alright then:

Another critter that comes to mind, is the Hermit lab (pic related): a dog-like creature that lives inside hard shells (or whatever other 'container' they can find to fit their size), which is deceivingly fast.
They are little thieving things, which will use their shell to hide and move closer and closer to their target. Once reached it and nobody's looking...they run off at pretty high speed to bring the stuff they steal into their hoard. They mostly steal food and soft stuff like cloth, clothes, cushions, and whatever else they can put their hands on to make their own hoard as comfy as possible.
They aren't much of a combatant, so if caught (or reached to their hoard) they'll let you take back your stuff without problems.

Another creature, is the gryphon minoris.
A subspecie of the gryphon, this creature got the body of a cat, and the head and wings of a penguin. Which of course do not allow him to fly, even though he flaps those helplessy regardless.
Due instincts, they are often seen in towns jumping down from windows in an attempt to fly. Often crashing into someone or something in a loud "WARK!" sound. Thankfully they can land on their feet just fine.

>Body of a cat, and the head and wings of a penguin
God damn i chortled

One more recent one, although not that much original, was the apple dragon. This tiny dragon, is able to roll up like an armadillo and look like a very large apple (often oversized, even). They are sort of chill and curious of nature, they are really rare and a blessing for some knowledgeable (and friendly) adventurers. An apple dragon got an apple juice breath, which actually tastes delicious: furthermore, if the critter wants to (usually toward who he found nice), said breath can work like an healing potion.
In a combat, if forced, his juice breath can work like a grease spell from which he's immune to. Then he proceeds to roll up in a ball, and either speed off rolling, or cannonball someone in the gut.

For the next creature, which is more of a race and less of a monster, are the Moji.
I'll just drop an old description I had of them laying around:

"Moji are a peaceful, somewhat cute, tiny and impressively weak specie, living in an off-limits plane. Within their world, they manage to survive due living in a place where the most dangerous creatures to find around are boars.
Ranging at less than a foot of height, with a complete lack of physical and magical skills, as well having an overall primitive technology, it's a wonder that this specie is still alive even within their own system. The access to their plane is forbidden, as they are easily impressed by any other sentient creature, leading them to believing in them as deities of sort. It's pointless to sign out their pantheon, because it involves over several thousands of false deities.The poor buggers were going mad to keep track of all of them and often getting abused too.
Regardless of their unlikely survival abilities, their most prominent and odd quirk that they seem to have is a very odd multilingual skill. They are unable to speak a language formed by words and phrases but they express themselves with odd modular expression -that is impossible for other races to reproduce vocally- that seems to evoke simple images and emotions they wish to share with whoever is listening, making them being more or less understood in any language.Said speech, also have a written language that is identical to the very image and emotion they reproduce.
Here it is a simple set of speech they seem to give an idea to the reader of their speech:
( ・ω・) (Moji/happy)
(∩`-´)⊃━゚.*・。゚ ( wizard )
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻┻ (angry. Speaking of which, while tiny, they have some impressive table-flipping skills)

Said speech seems to have been adopted in more technologically advanced planes for the written form within web-information systems. The reason why this happened, is unbeknownst to us. "

Move to Alaska and find some abandoned cubs man. Worked for this guy it will work for you.

One last creature/race I can think of, are the Cubix: a specie of metallic-like cube beings obtained from an experiment of a wizard that mixed earth elementals with an animated object to make an incredibly hard creature. It worked, but now the critters believe to be objects and not people.
This said, they try their darnest to find an owner...even though they are useless if not for the fact that their bodies are virtually indestructible. Having no limbs or anything and their diminutive size (10x10x10 cm) they aren't much more useful than doorstoppers. Or to keep company. They'll try anything to find someone to stick with because they think that due being "objects", they have a meaning only if owned. It's likely one will sneak in your backpack if you're not careful.
Whatever one does, though, one shouldn't throw one in the trash: it's the worst offense you could ever do them.

Then...I admit I can't quite remember all the critters I pulled off so far.
Between Dire pandas, dire corgis (big enough to ride in combat!), small flying porpoises, bunny people, sheep people (barbarians! Surprisingly and adorably angry all the time), and whatnot, there are quite a few but none that probably are worth mentioning too much probably.

Do you have any more of those cards saved?

you seem to be mistaken, for that is not a bear at all, that is sir bearington, hero of the realm!.

Some of those photos look shooped.
That said, why would anyone in Alaska have a pool in their backyard?

I know that the entire PDF is floating around somehwere, I don't have that on hand however. I just grabbed the scans of the GUP wargame and ran off.

>emoji creatures

Yeah, I'm stealing this so hard. have this reaction picture I drew with paint in exchange

It can get up to 90 in some parts of Alaska during the summer.

Anything you remember about the name of the pdf? Would help to find it, I've been searching embarrassingly hard for it.

Once we had a baby mimic that was about the size of a jewelry box. Our fighter kept it in his pack and occasionally fed it random shit, it made cooing noises and would hop around a table when we got back to the room. I miss our little mimic.

Ranger's dire river otter is a combo of all the things that make dogs and cats cute. It just squeaks, scampers around and then of course tears enemies to shreds.

Not at all
You may just want to google the name of the magazine/game and see if anything turns up

I have moogles in my game, but that's because it's a game with a heavy 1990s JRPG flavour and it felt wrong to leave them out. I've been considering writing them up as a playable race.

Trying to translate it now, from the images you dumped. Do you have any more images or the name of the mag/games in the mag? Any help would be appreciated.

Oh wait I remember, it is from Overkill Paradise, one fo the expansions for Meikyuu Kingdom
www18.atwiki.jp/makeyou_kingdom/pages/1.html for those who know nihonhigo
mega.nz/#F!KA1DHRRL!MGkoDoBdnehHG7D2iXOwXQ!HcsVBRzY
Trove with raws and translations

Fucking based. Thank you user! May all your dice roll high or roll depending!

You are welcome user, I hope that you can actually find people who are willing to play the game with you ;_;.

Roaring picture aside, these things are cute. Extremely fluffy and loyal.

Who wouldn't want a pet they can ride into battle as needed?

>What's the cutest creature in your setting, Veeky Forums?

Vegimites.

They're basically walking sentient (as in animal intelligent) Vegetables.
They spend their days sleeping and absorbing sunlight to photosynthesizes and then during the night they come out in search of water and for insects to eat.

They come in a wide variety of root-vegetable-based species/sub-species, are exceptionally nutritious & delicious and make for good training for those looking to get into adventuring or monster hunting.

Provided you don't underestimate them: Vegimites can deliver quite devastating kicks and headbutts.

Fungimites are also a thing, but they're more an example of convergent evolution and less so the same family.

Fungimites live a similar life style of spending their days tucked up next to trees or rotten wood where they can suck up vital nutrients before they come out at night to make trouble for themselves.

They're a little more dangerous than Vegimites as if threatened or agitated many of them can puff up their bodies and release clouds of irritating or even poisonous fungal spores.

Fungimites however are just as delicious as their Vegimite counter parts.

Desert Puffballs, which were so adorable that they had no natural predators because any hawk that swooped down for lunch or wildcat seeking an easy meal would inevitably wind up snuggling the confused but happy puffball instead.

This was vital to the survival of the species, because they were as retarded as they were cute. We're talking 'makes cows look smart' levels of idiot.

Dire Ermines.

They're your average Ermine/Stoat, but they're the size of a Labrador. And they love you.

Too bad it takes hundreds of dollars just to keep them well fed.

Way to make pet rocks interesting.

They seem like they'd make ok pets if you could stop them from getting into all your shit.

Loved this picture so much I made him an npc in my campaign. All he wants to do is die gloriously in battle.

Awwww!

>Khajit misses the warm sands of his home.

Cloudsnakes.

The god of childhood has horse-sized celestial dogs. They protect children, the places where they gather, and also will travel forever, sniffing until they find a missing child and bring her back.

Anything with "dire" in its name should be disallowed from being cute.

that's kawaii af user

That sounds pretty racist against dire creatures man.

Dire: terrible, dreadful, appalling, frightful, awful, horrible, atrocious, grim, unspeakable, distressing, harrowing, alarming, shocking, outrageous

More than that, any dire animal in the books has always been described as being far more vicious and bloodthirsty than the regular-sized animals.

If you have a big and fluffy pet, call it a "giant" animal. Saying it's "dire" adds one more decidedly non-cute layer to it.

>outrageous
What I'm getting from this is that they should be outrageously cute.

The only problem with pic related would be when it grows up.

And they tend to grow really large.

Bigger means cuter.

You ever heard of alaghi?

It's one of the more obscure races in the early days of D&D - I think they showed up in 3rd edition but not since - basically a bunch of really hairy beastmen that're surprisingly good at hiding.

Anyway, in my campaign the alaghi are literally greater dogs. This is because one of the players named that as his character concept, chose the race with the best size-fluff ratio, and I ran with it.

Until it hits puberty.

Then you'll have to tell it to drop the partially chewed peasant.

Only if you don't train them well.

Yeah. But then there are those that are quite the stubborn ones.

I awakened a baby wyvern. Thinking I could get an intelligent mount out of it.

Instead my character has been raising it as a son. It chose to name itself after the ancient green dragon our party was supposed to be killing. Probably because I read him fairy tales and had the dragon win every time in them.

Ever since I nat 20'd an animal friendship on a horde of dire rats, my tiefling druid got to keep one. He rides around on top of her deer-horn head, and I sometimes do the commune with animals ability just to hear my GM's squeaky rat voice for him.

It's strangely adorable.

The Ogryn Bodyguard.

Hence why Harry entrusted his daughter to Mouse, and also a familly of a former knight of the cross aswell as angel guarding the house

>"I used to be a pussy like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"

youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_956756377&feature=iv&src_vid=d2CTVqt2wxU&v=VdRXuyBOyow

Porvoras are cute little white fuzzballs with a liking for chocolate. They tend to form strong bonds with people although they arent very strong in anything.

The biggest problem is that if they get too stressed or too hot then they explode in a fuckhueg explosion. Dwarven miners used to use them but they dont anymore since they all live in one large mountain now and they arent safe.

It is a sad old dairy cow who lost her family :(

I think this is literally the first reference to Jing King of Bandits I've seen and all it took was one and a half decades.

Indeed im surprised how so little people know about it. it had a videogame, anime adaptation and it was damn good imo. first manga i ever read as a kid.

same, it was a pretty damn good manga, came around before anime/manga become so incestuous (literally and figuratively)

new stuff can still be pretty good. jojo, space dandy...lucky star.

It was pretty damn clever and was also pretty adult and super creative.

not saying there's no good new stuff. but it was a magical time when manga first hit the scene and I was buying it in fucking Barnes and Noble and still thought Love Hina was good

Maybe. although i think manga is a bit older than that. i do have to say that i always loved the angled and striking look of mangas and especially animes from the 80's

How did the cow lost her family?

Rabbitfolk who came from the moon a long time ago. They're the Halfling replacement in my setting.

But Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has been going on since the 80s.

Oh yeah, they also have a language and writing system that's basically morse code. The other races call their writing rabbit droppings.

How?

When all the creatures are either actual motherfucking demons or alien geometry angels, I would have to say that this little guy would have to take the cuteness cake.

The Ittan-Momen of Japanese mythology. Basically semi-sentient floating cloth that strangles anyone in its vicinity that makes loud noises. Other than that, they're pretty chill. Would make great pets in quiet households. Just don't use it as a towel, 'cause he won't thank you for that!

Fag. That's some kinda level of weeaboo I don't understand. Using Korean? Really? Step your shit down. You need to stop.

Unless your actually Korean. Then it's ok. But other wise you should kill yourself.