Half-Boiled Vaguely-Anime Quest

Half-Boiled Vaguely-Anime Quest!

The setting of this quest is in a vaguely-animeish universe with elements of either sci-fi or fantasy, depending on your choices in character creation.

Of course, the two will merge eventually, but for the time being, we'll stick with one.

CHARACTER SELECT:

>A. You're a strong fighter, living out in the woods on you're own, you're young and inexperienced, but start out relatively strong; fantasy start

>B. You're a fledgling mage, but your little academy in the boonies just burned down, you start out relatively weak, but with a decent amount of money and utility; fantasy start

>C. You're a recently-orphaned starship brat, with some money in your pocket, and a robot by your side, you're ready to strike out in the galaxy on your own, you start weak and with few options; sci-fi start

>D. You're a former military cadet, disgraced from your academy, you have to wander the stars on your own in an outdated troopship you "appropriated"; easier sci-fi start

>B. You're a fledgling mage, but your little academy in the boonies just burned down, you start out relatively weak, but with a decent amount of money and utility; fantasy start

Our primary objective: blackjack and hookers

I'll update 15 minutes after the OP, if I have at least three votes. Don't know why muh code didn't show up in the OP, maybe I'm just retarded.

Maybe the middle of the day wasn't the best time to start the quest.

Yeah maybe not mang

You're a young mage, bright-eyed, and ready to strike it out on the world on your own! Er, well, you would be, if you hadn't woken up on the lawn of your burned down magic academy.

You check yourself over, discovering that you still have your student robes, student hat, a book of spells, and a heavy coin purse.

However, before you're fully awake, you have a vision of a man in a white coat, he asks you: Are you a:

>Boy

>Girl

>Boy

>Boy

You pat yourself down to confirm that you are, indeed, a boy.

You sit up, collecting your things and rubbing the back of your head, finding a sizable lump.

What was your name again?

>Write in

>Aelin

The name "Aelin" pops into your head, and you recall that it was your name, or at least one that you heard quite a bit.

You pocket the coin purse, afix the book to the bookstrap hanging on your belt, firmly plant your wide-brimmed hat on your head, and fasten your cloak around your shoulders.

You finally feel ready to leave this burned out husk and embark on your grand adventure, you make your way to the gates of the ruined academy, and inspect the sign on the dirt road in front of the school. There are two arrow signs on the sign post, each pointing in one direction. One reads "Hammingshire upon Flinton 5 miles", that must be the small town the school was near, the other reads "Caldisburg 93 miles", that must be the nearest city. You decide which way to head.

>A. Head to the small town, you'll be there quickly

>B. Head to the big city, this will take longer

>A. Head to the small town, you'll be there quickly

You decide to head for the small town, it is closer after all, and the prices are likely better.

You look yourself over once more, making sure everything is in place before taking off down the short road to Hammingshire.

The walk is uneventful, taking you a little over an hour and a half before you're on a knoll on the road overlooking the town.

It's a little place, mostly homes and certainly rural. But the most outstanding thing about Hammingshire is the smell, it's certainly earned its name, as it smells like pig shit. You can see smoke rising past Hammingshire on another path in the road, that must be Flinton. You think that Flinton may be more prosperous and have more shops, but Hammingshire is closer.

>A. Go to Hammingshire

>B. Go to Flinton

>B. Go to Flinton

You decide to listen to the voice in your head, it's never lead you wrong before.

You take the fork in the road that leads left, through more woods, instead of the open area Hammingshire is set in. The walk to Flinton takes even longer than the walk to Hammingshire, taking a little less than three hours. You're pretty tired by the time you reach the mining village.

Flinton is a town set on a rocky gathering of hills in the middle of the forest, next to the town are three deep pits with spiraling stairways leading down into the depths. Smelters are running throughout the town, and you make your way to the town square, where there's a hardy selection of stores.

>A. Go into the food market, look for provisions

>B. Go into the clothing store, perhaps look for a backpack

>C. Go to the forge, maybe you could use a weapon?

>D. Ask someone important looking about the town

>E. Something else

>D. Ask someone important looking about the town

You approach a relatively clean-looking man in a robe that looks rather out of place in a town like Flinton.

"Excuse me sir," you say to the man, "but would you happen to know anything about Flinton?"

The man looks down his nose at you, before adopting a surprised look, there must not be many mages passing through here. "I'm afraid I'm not knowledgeable about Flinton, aside from knowing that it's a mining town with a food market, tailor, and various smithies, all with cheap prices that match the quality of their wares."

You knew this already. The man continues "But may I ask what a young mage is doing this far out in the country?"

>A. My school burned down, and I'm looking for supplies for a journey.

>B. I'm just exploring the area near my school.

>C. What are YOU doing out here?

>D. Brush him off and ask someone else.

>E. Something else.

>A. My school burned down, and I'm looking for supplies for a journey.
>C. What are YOU doing out here?

"My school burned down, it was close to Hammington, and I'm gathering supplies to go on a journey." Before the man can speak you inquire, "What are you doing here?"

"Well," the man responds, "I'm a magistrate from Shinbourg, to the west of here, and have just finished settling a dispute between Flinton and Hammington over the rights to a stream between the two." He pauses, "I could give you a ride to Shinbourg, if you so desire."

>A. Accept his offer

>B. You'd rather hang around here for a while

>A. Accept his offer

You mull it over for a bit before you decide to accept the man's offer for a ride to what's apparently the nearest large city.

"Sure, a ride to Shinbourg sounds good, how far away is it?" You ask the man.

"No more than a day by carriage, my boy." He replies, "I'm Magistrate Arbuckle C. Mantis, and you are?"

You introduce yourself as Aelin.

"A mononym?" He sighs, "you wizarding types can be so odd. Speaking of which, you said that your school burned down?"

>A. Yes, I'm not sure what happened.

>B. Yes, but I'd rather not talk about it.

>C. Something else.

>starting a quest on Veeky Forums

>B. Yes, but I'd rather not talk about it.

Are you implying that I should use /qst/? Because maybe I would if I was doing a quest with a party.

"Yes, but I'd rather not talk about it" you reply to the magistrate.

"We can leave right away if you like, I just have to retrieve some paperwork at town hall before we depart."

>A. Sure, I'll wait by the carriage.

>B. Sure, I'll go with you.

>C. I'll just check out the market if you don't mind.

>D. Something else.

>C. I'll just check out the market if you don't mind
What spells do we know?

We can start small fires for light and warmth, and minor damage. We can make things lighter to carry them, but only on unliving things. And we can use small energy attacks.

You know what, this really was half-boiled, I'll try this again some other time, barring wild public cries for this to continue.