Unique Weapon Ideas

Do you have any unique weapons in your setting?

One that I'm pretty happy with is my futuristic Macuahuitl.

Its basically a steel flat sword, but the obsidian shards are replaced with sticky bombs.
So you smack someone with this thing, then kick them into a crowd of their friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-AbjC2k2df4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that's a very awkward and inefficient alternative to pic related

Explosives and melee combat do NOT work well together, OP. Your idea is as likely to get the wielder killed as it is to kill the target.

To answer your question, though, in my book's setting, one of the major advancements by the East Texas Empire is the development of the Power Lance. It's a high-voltage lance designed to be used from horseback, and it delivers a powerful enough electric charge to instantly kill a bull elephant and completely shorts out all circuits and electronics in power armor (which exists, but is rare). They're a one-use weapon before they need an hours recharge, but when combined with Uzi's (Imperial Knights sidearm) they make for an absolutely devastating first charge.

Pic kinda related, but with a multi-pronged head and more flashy bitz.

That weapon design requires the ability to kick a person out of the effective range of the attached explosive. Those are either incredibly powerful kicks, in which case why are you even bothering with the bombs, or very weak explosives, in which case why are you even bothering with the bombs.

It's always a poor design choice to intentionally leave yourself in the blast radius, especially when you're relying on human shields, things with the inherent property of being able to move out of the way and expose you to the blast unshielded for as long as they're a threat.

>hire peasants or elves
>outfit them with the cheapest armor, or none
>give them these suicide paddles
>make them charge into the fray before you, tell them to use them as OP said
>they die from not being able to get away in time, but take out the enemy
>loot any coins if they aren't destroyed
>hire more peasants

At the very least, use one of these instead, either thrown like a javelin or a good distance away.

Hell, anyone want a weird weapon dump?

>Macuahuitl
How does one pronounce "Macuahuitl"?

do it

those would have to be very precise shaped charges, and they would have to be VERY sticky.

Mah kah heetle

I think. Or I've been saying it wrong, sounds like beetle to me

oh god thats nasty as fuck

Oh fuck... Oh fuck! The aztecs did not screw around!

From what I understand, those were the arrows used by nobility to show how much they could fuck you

they really didn't, its actually kind of a shame they arn't around anymore, i mean the fuckers could fight something fierce as shit, and were all literally bred for war, they were literally the sparta of the new world.

>putting a gun in your gun so you can gun when you gun.jpg

This is so disturbing

Chew your enemies but at arm's reach

>someone somewhere had the idea to invent this

I'm not gonna lie, I almost named this image Dog Cock Sword

Too much /d/

Think I'm out of weird stuff guys

Mawk who waw tul

>inconvenient
Probably intended to hook shields or something

I've always pronounced it Mah ku weetle

Also Pacific Islander weaponry

Khandas are pretty damn cool swords.

Sorry. Phones being a bitch wah*

They also made spears tipped with bundles of stingray spines.

Nah. It's a french cavalry sword meant to take all the "best" sword innovations at the time and put them into one. Nasty sword wounds, curved edge for long slice in single motion, non-linear stabbing point, that hook is actually so when you have your arm out like you're at the end of a swing but on horse back you'd catch an enemy horse's tendon or rider, apparently you could aim that sharp bit through the neck area on horses as well.
All told it apparently mildly succeeds in one area: its an okay hockey stick.

That's pretty fuckin cool. I've always wanted to play a character that used unique weapons like this.
Blue Marlin Bill dagger with Tiger Shark teeth

Mah-qwattle is how I've heard it pronounced

Also this whale bone war club is cool as fuck.

This is pretty cool. I didn't know shells were strong enough to be used as a weapon

Youch! That's gotta sting.

This is what I think elf swords would be like, poor quality iron compared to the woodworking

Is for your neck or arm.

Nah, that's a frogging or fishing tool, not a weapon. Well, usually

Only when striking using the spiral as that area is one solid spring like mass rather than a thin wall like a vase.

>Terraria.jpg

I once saw a pair of Russian scissors that looked more like a mean looking Katar. Should've taken a pic/bought it

Why not... Shoot the bombs at them?

This is the weapon of my paladin. All the fencing versatility of a long sword with the added bonus of knocking a nigger the fuck out.

I'd like to think that pic related would be pretty neat if someone could figure out a way to put the trigger in a slightly less awkward spot.

A greater psychological weapon, there is none. If i'm about to fight a guy and he pulls this thing out, you motherfuckers better believe that i'm going to turn right around and go home before he decides that my face would make an excellent codpiece.

That's beautiful

>integrated silenced pistol
>literally no internal volume to house baffles

What, exactly, do you think goes on inside a silencer? It's just an extra thick barrel?

>Shorts out insulted equipment

Writers like you are what pisses off scientists so much. Seriously man, if you want to do this correctly, have it generate sporadic pulses of current in the victim's body causing the power armor to almost crush them as it tries to react to the super high movement from their neurons.

Should exploit a weakness that's easily fixable but not in the immediate time period. Lets the protag shine when they realize the tactic and figure out how to overcome it.

>"Hi, is you zombie too? am you tired of needing to grab THEN bite? Ugh! So in-a-fish- Ineff-... Not good. If you am having problems, try new 'toothknuckles'! Chew on tasty brains, but at sort of safer distance of arms reach! Buy a pair for just one brain! Order now, and me throw in chomper shoes for free!"

Makes it almost seem like if Aztecs survived as a nation and culture into the modern day they'd probably have fucked everyone over with nukes, chemical and biological weapons,and heavy violation of every possible human right in existence.

On the plus side, no ISIS problems.

Nah, I'm kind of boring in that respect, I always feel the simpler and more elegant weapon will win out over the more fancy one.

That said, in my fantasy setting there's plenty of unique magical weapons with unique magical effects. Whether they're more effective than stuff produced by the Third Civilization is debatable though. Especially since for all the advancements of the Third Civilization and their magitech, they apparently never could figure out how to make ranged weapons that aren't just throwing spears. (they never even developed bows.)

Bitch do you even Welrod?

Look man, I didn't design the thing, I just think it's a neat concept. I didn't even really notice until you said something that the pistol was supposed to be silenced, I just liked the idea of being able to punch, stab, and shoot a person all at once. That being said I still dislike the location of the trigger since it gives you no option but to grip it as well even if you want to just punch-stab a mother fucker. I also can't imagine that constantly having it's trigger pulled back is all that good for the pistol.

>A sword to actually kill the guy after you piss him off by unloading a magazine of 9mm parabellum in his face
Genius!

>Writers like you are what pisses off scientists so much.

To be fair, pumping a shit-ton of electricity through a highly complex machine at once is usually a pretty good way to fuck it up.

Not really, most modern electronics have protections against that. Least the combat designed ones because they need to withstand an EMP, which does exactly that.

Besides, actually getting the electricity to the circuit is hard as most of the time it will just fall to ground.

Picture not quite related but:
>One of the most common forms of higher-end enchantments on weapons are attempts to make up for lack of numbers in some way or form
>The Storm Bow is one such weapon meant to allow one archer to fire many arrows at once. In fact, any and all arrows in a five meter radius around them.
>The ability to either rapidly have another arrow readied the instant the last one was fired or firing a lot arrows at once was the obvious boon.
>A less obvious ability of the Storm Bow was discovered when it fell into the hands of a master archer who began to use it to instead fire the arrows of their enemies right back at them.

Why, exactly, does this not work?

probably because most power armor models would act as a Faraday cage, dispersing the electronic current and grounding it safely, as opposed to transferring it to the pilot.

Ma-Kua-Wheat but with an odd guttural sound at the end like "wheatul" but with the "tul" shortened so it's more like "tl".

>Khalim's Will

Dorfs have a kind of war shovel which works as a short, broad spear and axe, for their shield walls. They also invented quartzlock for firearms. Eletrical ignition for muskets.

The umók pirates have a hook-staff. It is used for them to pull people out of their ship and into the water, then they bite.

A npc has a repeating musket with no trigger or any firing mechanism.

The kobolds compensate their lack of physical power with 'dragonbreath throwers', a bazooka-like hwacha.

After finding out about throwing clubs, I've been tempted to introduce a javelin with a grenade head.

The Death Cannon Disk, kind of a poor warlock's laser cannon.

What they do is they have a specially made rune-infused disc that is shaped sort of like a lens, with the runes on the concave side (also the side that faces the enemy).
You get a group of spellcasters to charge the damn thing with expenditures of Eldritch Blast or some other damaging cantrip (it charges faster if you get more damage out of the cantrip) and then point it at somewhere in the field, giving the target a nice measure of 'fuck you and everyone who happens to be around you'.
More specifically, the point of impact receives 8d8+16 force damage, and everything within 10 feet of the impact square makes a save to take half (you get advantage/a bonus if you're more than five feet away from the unlucky bastard).

In short, four spellcasters charge a magic cannon for three rounds and pick a non-adjacent target within 300 feet, which dies.

>Monster Hunter: Human Hunter Edition

Putting crossblades on things that don't normally have crossblades is a time-honoured tradition.

I plan on converting this into a Dark Heresy weapon.
weird thing, the original .png I was trying to show of this was detected as an embedded file by Veeky Forums which I didn't know when I first downloaded it (I believe from Veeky Forums), so I made a puush and Shift+delete the embedded one. idk how to feel about this. slightly freaked out?

>Explosives and melee combat do NOT work well together
Have you tried becoming fucking invincible.

I get that you're making a reference but he died because of his poor choice of fighting style

Honestly had he Raiden not had Blade Mode his goose would have been cooked.

And his pincer attack is deadly as fuck to boot, just awkward to use.

>implying there is a good choice of style to use against fucking Raiden
That's like saying he lost his fight with death because of his style choice.

Seriously though, explosive melee combat is all the rage.

Ferro Fluid Cutters. Basically an amped up water jet used like a machete for suicidal people.

Oh and mag-shields. Because fuck you, I'm taking your sword now.

I have a full weapon creation system, so probably more over time, that's just the two that stuck out.

Why ferro fluid?

Because that way you can indefinitely keep it "on the loop" via clever use of magnets (read this took far too long to build and we didn't patent it so the corps snapped it up and fuck fuck fuck). There are totally some riverside junkers who use just a normal water cutter but most corps have the money to throw around that augs get ferro models. It's totally wasteful but the guys upstairs like it because it looks flashy, gives people severe trauma and is messy. Versus say just using a saber with either a mono sharpener sheathe or a railgun and so on.

Basically
Water - Punks
Ferro Fluid - Corps

I'm trying to avoid making ferro fluid just 'more powerful/better' because I'm not even sure if you'd get a noticeable power boost from it but as it was said during concept "When did any security group with money do anything by efficiency?".

i just wanted to add more quotes to the image Toothknuckles.jpg

Awww like some crazy magnet based water bending.
you don't sadly. You'd get better results out of water infused with industry diamond dusty. Less power, higher velocities, less kick back which is why they use it in water cutters on industrial scales. Also diamond dust in open wounds leads to severe brain hemmoraging.

BRB adding diamond dust to corp models and glass powder to Punk models.
Seriously though, thanks user I'm adding these both in as mods.

oh. It hemmorages everything thats delicate. Blood vessels, kidneys, liver, eyes, lungs, literally all soft tissue but the big one is the brain.

Magnetic induction in the ferrofluids can heat them if done properly, you now get very hot liquid metal spray.

>user justifies the closed magnetic loop system
You beautiful human being, thank you.

Diamond dust user here. I'd also add that it won't have as much drop off or loss of inertia due to mass over the less power hungry version of water and silicon/carbon dust. You could probably snipe with it.

>Krieger Erection.gif
This, this is the stuff that makes me happy in the trousers.

Kinda disappointed in the rest of my selection though. Rotary Saw Gauntlets are kinda meh versus a fucking fluid cutter that uses diamond fucking dust in it.

Oh yeah, remembered two of the other weapons. Magnetic throwing knives/bomblets and the sprayer spear (available oin the current flavors of fire/chem/acid).

>Magnetic throwing knives/bomblets
What advantage does this give you?

> sprayer spear
Just have a spear with a bunch of syringes on the tip that injects the fluid of the day.

I'd just use compressed Co2 spear heads personally. More instant and a LOT more harmful.

>Magnetic knives/bomblets
Remote electro-magnetic knives/bomblets doesn't roll off the tongue as well. These are basically your standard fare equipment for cheaper augged forces (low level sec). You need high level augs of your own to use them fully otherwise you have a set of expensive toys that you can only activate in hand. A problem when they're magnetic throwing equipment. They basically home in on augged targets (almost like the flechettes from Deus Ex: Human Revolution) so they're good for non-combat specced characters. They just throw and the device does the work.

The spear was built as a conversion to the Flamethrower Spear for punks. The envenomed models would be what you're looking for.

How effective would these be? No real analogue for something like this, yet.

>no real analogue
Google thw Wasp Injection knife. Its for killing sharks in one hit.
It would cause explosive compression of internal organs in the general area, massive blunt trauma and hemorrhaging, Co2 poisoning, as well as a high chance of embolisms.
Assuming you stabbed someone in say, the arm. That arm will need amputation if that person somehow survives. Beyond that the small canister you see in the pic provided has enough pressure to explode a skull assuming thats where you stabbed.
Stabbed tissue is so damaged there is literally no saving it and needs to be excised.

Clearly I need to step up my game because this sounds perfect.

We have a lot of strange and wonderful ways of killings thing I've noticed.

Yeah. Also assuming its a spear thats a LOT of gas that could be stored in the shaft. Maybe have it release a set amount per stab.

Adjustable pressure sounds good. Amp up the power if this aug ain't going down. Could make it limited by 'ammo' so to speak to help tone down the power.

How quiet is the 'injection' so to speak? I imagine it'd pretty loud even assuming you didn't leave the receiver alive enough to scream.

Eh. You ever hear an air compress release the safety valve? Its not "loud" but its audible enough for you to hear it over mild shouting.
youtu.be/-AbjC2k2df4

Probably not a good stealth weapon then. But fucking hell that's not something you wanna get hit with. I mean, Jesus Christ. Probably needs a crit bonus to represent the damage to does.

Bravo

The Gear Sword. On swing the gear that works as the crossguard gives in and collapses the sword forwards for extra momentum. In reality it was designed by ancient blacksmiths as a joke for later generations as the gear would never lock in place after one use and the gear part being completely pointless and unpractical anyways.

Are you my DM?

>Find amazingly crafted break-action rifle
>It doesn't have a lock to stop it break actioning
The verb is to break-action and I fucking hated this thing because it was amazing.

user, I have a feeling I want to know more of this weapon crafting system you have. And how to use it.

Had something in mind with nasty things, like iron filings, ground glass, ground pepers and such in an easily breakable container...