Warhammer 40k General

Now with 100% more warhammer and Frank Edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FpVfNKp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are any of you subscribed to White Dwarf

Not since it became utter shit, I've considered picking up a copy when they return to their old format, though 3 years of school ahead means a sub's gonna be hell on my economy.

I havnt even read it yet, dont want to waste any money if it isnt worth it. I'm assuming theres a lot of AoS shilling

Hey, Orks are a melee race!

New thread new shill
discord.gg/FpVfNKp

Posted in last thread but:

Can I stick Special Weapon squads into the Vendettas/Valkyries in a Emperor's Spear Aerial Company formation? If not then what's the point of the special rules allowing for the Low Altitude Drop?

Does the formation give my CAD units the ability to use these transports considering the FAQ banning Battle Brothers from deploying in BB transports at deployment?

The FAQ is newer.
So same answer as last, RAW no RAI yes.

>Can I stick Special Weapon squads into the Vendettas/Valkyries in a Emperor's Spear Aerial Company formation? If not then what's the point of the special rules allowing for the Low Altitude Drop?
>Does the formation give my CAD units the ability to use these transports considering the FAQ banning Battle Brothers from deploying in BB transports at deployment?
Yes. You can still shove units into transports if they share same faction.

Anyone play any games today? Played 1000pts of IG vs Tau today and won.

Snakebites use catapults or medieval type cannons for kannons and lobbas though.
What's a better snakebite theme list? I want to run ton of boys

is this because they're not BB and don't use the allies matrix or something?

>mfw I'm poorfag so I'm slowly collecting money for basic equipment and minis and praying to have someone to play low points games
At least I can read something useful here

Why is that riptide in two?

They're both armies of the Imperium. So they're battle brothers.

Had to cancel my Nurgle v. Tzeentch demon game today due to illness.

Not sure if that was appropriate, ironic or just as planned

Meant to reply to

Also keep in mind snakebite=/=feral, they still have technology but just prefer the old ways. No harm in lobbing things from a distance.
And I don't care if boyz suck, I like em, they're fun, and I'll run as much as I can.

but the FAQ states that BB cannot use transports of another squad or some shit, care to explain why they're allowed?

Killed it turn two. Casted misfortune on it and the Guardsmen finished off the last two wounds with lasguns. And it's in pieces to show it's dead

Snakebites would use kannons, they've never shunned technology as long as it doesn't interfere with their ideology.

Boys, grots, painboys, wierdboys.

They are same faction, thats why they can still use it. They are not "battle brothers" with each other.

You should read it properly then.

Currently I own:

1 Razor Back

1 10 man Tac squad

1 Command Squad

1 Typhoon land speeder

1 Terminator squad (with cyclone missile launchers)

I was thinking about adding:

1 5 man tac squad with razorback

1 Rhino for the 1 man squad

2 Predators

A Librarian

A devastator or Centurian squad

My goal is a mechanized, 1500 point SM army. Most likely imperial fists.

Read the FAQ. Battle Brothers can't deploy in each other's transports anymore.

That said, I'm pretty sure you can deploy in them from reserves, but you'd have to double check that.

Last one.

Yo dudes, faggot magic player here, I want to start playing 40k because it's not shit like magic is.
Two questions for you guys:
>what is the best faction to play as a new player? Spess mehreens?

>are there competitive events like we have over in Magecuck: the Gimpering?

Thank you guys.

40k is just as shit as MtG.
Go play Flames of War or CBT if you want a good wargame. Infinity is also good, but the scale is well below that of which you're after.

I like playing small games every now and again, you can pull out terrible units like bloodcrushers and other less then top tier picks to good effect

What about ___AoS___?

if you think magic is bad you haven't even seen 40k

inb4 shitstorm

You should probably wait a month to see how the new points system works after people have played with it a bit

The games balance is so broken you can't have competitive games without it turning in to a shitshow.

>AoS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT

>I want to start playing 40k because it's not shit like magic is.
Ha! Good one, balance is way off, imagine MTG but with 3 competitive decks.

>what is the best faction to play as a new player? Spess mehreens?
Pretty much, I'll put it in my 15 years out of date magic terms
Marines are very white wiener, reliable and workhoses.
Eldar are like a blue counter/mill dicks and just as appreciated
Tau run like old blue/black removal deleting enemy units entirely.

>are there competitive events like we have over in Magecuck: the Gimpering?
Not really.

Like MTG except you can have infinite amount of cards, no limits on repeating cards no banned cards and no hand limit, pretty much just pick up models and bash them together.

Answer these questions and figure out which army fits what you want:

>Which army looks coolest?

>What abilities am I looking for?
(Fast, heavy weapons, survivable, etc.)

>What type of combat do I want to do?
(Shooty, stubby, or Psyker heavy, or a combination)

>What army really stand out to me overall?

Space Marines are a good choice because they can really do anything, but pick what YOU like best. That's the important part

Really, the 40kfags at my lgs look like they ACTUALLY ENJOY their expensive ass game, which is alot more than I can say for the mageshit players. That's what I wanted to get in on, enjoyable gameplay.
True I have not, but see above. The 40kfags shell out 100s of dollars on their minis at a time, they talk and laugh as they send their hordes of glorified green army men to attack each other.
The magic players shell out 100s of dollars on cards, will hardly ever talk to you, and if they do, they're total asshats.
Thank you for the answer, good to know 40k is more casual.
Honestly I just like space marines, other than that the skitarii look cool, and the nurgle squad may be doable. The rest look unappealing to me on a visual level.

I think in one of the recent publications there was mention of a Snake Bites (might be confusing them with the Venom Bites) Dread Mob or Walker force which was a surprise.

That being said their Meks aren't well regarded at times as I believe in Evil Sun Rising Grukk lives up to his moniker (face rippa) by killing one and then demanding more walkers, tanks and titans while also making a comment about the Mek he killed being no good as all they could likely bring to the table was a "bigga squig saddle".

I want to keep this hobby as cheap as possible so I have no choice but give up some of my spare time and go to LGS and talk with local group. Buying only starter set or really small and cheap army would be the best option

Somehow missed your post, thank you for putting it in a relatable terms for me.

I want to start playing 'nids. Would getting a Star Collecting box, the Tyranid Swarm Box, and using the Genestealer Cultists from Deathwatch Overkill be a good way to go about this?

It's not too bad, have a flick through in store if the cover interests you and buy it if you like what you see.

Is there a canon planet that seems to be a giantic "kick me" sign and claim that nearly every civilization in the Galaxy has knocked over a mailbox at least once? Or at least a planet that every major faction has knocked over the local mail boxes? I'm talking about a planet with Lamenters' luck.

Armageddon or Cadia

Kronous from Dark Crusade?

Can the Steel Legion back up proof that Eldar of all flavors, minus Exodites, have knocked over their mail boxes? And does Creed have to hide his mail box from Carnifexes and Riptides?

Why didn't I think of that planet and the one from Soul Storm? Can't believe I forgot them.

The one from soulstorm is an entire system.

Asking again because I want to see what asking at the start of the thread gets response wise.
With the codex cycle slowing down and the 30 year anniversary of 40k coming up, assuming GW is planning something big what would you like to see?

8th edition aka Age of Emperor reboot.

Well then, if I may make a recommendation, pick up a Space Marine Captain, the Start Collecting Skitarii kit and a couple tactical squads. It'll give you a good mix of both armies for 500-750 Point games so you can get a feel for both. Play a couple games with them, see what works and what doesn't, then figure out what fulfills that role. Great choices, by the way, they're both very cool armies.

Again I forgot.

Your best bet IMO in terms of low-budget is to just pick up Tabletop Simulator. If you just wanna play the game, and don't care about model customization, it's your best low-cost option.

A good CSM and Ork Codex.

My tablet can't read epubs, is there a pdf of Angels of Death floating around?

Is there any place at all to download a PDF of the Gaunt's Ghosts Warmaster book, since it's been written and released in an extremely limited fashion and doesn't look like it'll be out on regular shelves any time soon?

B-but I still want to have neat minis, paint them and all this shit but without spending big money ;_;

Ebay or Chinaman.

Playing Inquisition is a good choice because you can use models from basically any Imperial faction and do assloads of customization.

What about Tau? Star Collecting includes like 23 minis and you don't really have to buy a lot of paints - I saw on whTV that 4-5 are enough to paint fire warrior

No fuck off Weeaboo no one wants your kind here

Yeah, I played three Kill Team games. I run a Sentinel, a medic, 5 guardsmen, and 10ish Scions with a Tempestor Prime.

1st game got tabled hard by Mechanicum.
2nd game got tabled hard by Mechanicum.
3rd game, lost to a list of Scatbikes + an HQ on a Scatbike.

The Mechanicum guys combination of 30" range, AP 4, and those absurd cards was too much. It was a shooting gallery with his AV 11 walker basically invincible to my list.
The Scatbike game was just for the hell of it. I dont even think his list was kill team legal. But arguing for parity, rules, or fairness with a Scatbike spammer is a lesson in futility. Still entertaining, and he's a decent guy, so meh.

>my poor HQ and Medic; they had a rough day

You could probably get a basic army ready with ~$60.

A basic HQ with two troops is enough to play the game. In most cases a dedicated transport would round you out, can easily play 500 pt games with just that.

Not much variety, but if you like em go ahead.

Wait, what?

Low points is the best way to play 40k right now. After 500 points it gets increasingly stupid, as you inevitably see unbalanced units/formations/spam.

Then stick to collecting.

Playing the game means buying and painting mandatory dull units, limitations on customisation and similar drudgery.

Tau and Tau players aren't really well liked and frowned upon a lot these days. Why? Because of recent fluff, the zog off mechas, the lack of Kroot, the lack of other xenos but you need more Kroot even if they're not good, sterotypes about the player base being weebs because their faction is anime-esque for starters, the zog off mechas being cheesy and not fitting with old Tau lore, oh and a lot of false flagging just to bring forth more Tau hate. Being a Taufag will label you as a pariah where you're going to be presumed to rape someone's mother with a Riptide model.

So, after the recent Eldar FAQ saying that the Iyanden supplement is still legal, I decided to read it. I must say, despite Ward fucking some things up terribly (eg. "billion died" and "4/5 of the population of Iyanden died" = how many fucking Eldar are there on this craftworld?) I really like the ghost warrior fluff. However, Eldar have a terrible rep as of late, and Wraiths get the worst reception of all. If I played a list like the following, how much of a faggot would I be? I tried to make it fluffy without being a cheese fest. There's not actually very much in the way of rules in the Iyanden supplement (2 pages out of 110+ are actual rules, wtf Ward?) but I like the idea nonetheless, so I tried to stick to it.

>1000 pts Iyanden Eldar
HQ
>Shadow Council (2 Spiritseers, 1 with the Warpforge Stone) [both roll Runes of Battle for the Iyanden primaris] = 170
Elites
>5 Wraithguard = 160
>5 Wraithblades (Ghost Axe and shields) = 150
Troops
>10 Guardians (Scatter Laser Platform) = 105
>10 Guardians (Starcannon Platform) = 110
Heavy Support
>Wraithlord*** (2 flamers, Brightlance, Ghostglaive) = 145
>Wraithlord (2 flamers, Scatter Laser, Starcannon, Ghostglaive) = 160 pts

***Warlord per Iyanden rules

The idea would basically be to charge up the field as either 1 or two blobs of buffed Wraith units, and hack-n'-slash after shooting. Iyanden primaris makes Wraithfags slightly more mobile due to battle focus, btw, for those not familiar. That's basically it.

Tau are pretty much universally despised right now due to having a very easy to use, very powerful codex. They seem to be heavily favored by GW right now, and are experiencing fotm syndrome. - every retard with the ability to spend money can effortlessly win games vs. anything but the top 4-5 lists. So the army has attracted a lot of drooling idiots.

The weeb thing is due to the army's best units being composed of robot mecha looking things.

Just dont play Tau right now. Wait for the next edition to spare yourself the shame of it. You're better than that.

When running green tide, can someone explain how multi charge works?
What is sweeping advance?

Illegal in every way.

Kinda impressive like that.

Asking basic rule questions like these will be met with hostility. The rulebook contains an index, it's faster to just look the rules up yourself than it is to post a question like that.

Why would the Dome of The Crystal Seers that far out on the Craftworld? I don't know if it's my opinion but that seems like a bad spot to put it.

>When running green tide
No more

Illegal in what way?
looks like 2 CADs and I'm pretty sure there's a formation of 3 riptides

That army? Its legal as fuck.

WAACfags have no laws save for winning.

Not everyone plays in super serious no fun allowed environments user.

if the second blue biker's supposed to be a HQ maybe.

Maybe he's saying it's illegal morally? And that the fact that's legal is why it's illegal?

>Astra Militarum are Battle Brothers with Astra Militarum
No.

It looks legal, as long as there are 2 Eldar HQ's. I only see one, but Im sure theres another in there. 2 Eldar CAD's and a Riptide Wing.
Fielding this list though.... I can't imagine how small your dick would have to be to put this list into play.

Don't want to be rude but it's kinda stupid in my opinion. I just want to start with them because fire warriors look neat and tau minis seem to be easy to paint without all these faces, tiny details etc
>every retard with the ability to spend money can effortlessly win games vs. anything but the top 4-5 lists. So the army has attracted a lot of drooling idiots
As I said in other posts - I just want to have some fun with low point games and play with something that looks nice - I was thinking about Nids and SW but Tau have more minis in their box so it seems to be budget wise

How many points is a Riptide base? I'm guessing 200 base, but I feel that's wrong based on all the Tau hate I see here constantly
asking is faster than dling the codex on my phone, fuckers.

>Not everyone plays in super serious no fun allowed environments user.

Why else would you put both you and your opponent through a half hour movement phase for that unit alone and gimp yourself with a unit that's almost permanently in difficult terrain.

Same as other guy: Age of Emperor reboot.

Age if Sigmar has me really close to getting into WH again even though I never really played fantasy much at all. But the free rules and 4 page rulebook are awesomely tempting to me because i appreciate simple rule systems.

If they did the same thing with 40k I'd probably get back into it. Got a leman Russ and like 40 cadian shock troops with weapon teams, all unpainted, and I have a small force of painted ultramarines based on the old battle for macragge set.

As it stands, I'm never gonna get back into it with 300 page rulebooks that cost 80$ and 100 page army books that cost 40$ and all the super heavies and MCs and giant mecha robot crap. But I'd totally try it out again if they Age of Emperor'd it.

Not if we spend 2 hours calling you a worthless lazy sack of shit.

>I just want to have some fun with low point games
It might be fun for you but after you table your opponent turn 2 for the 6th game in a row it won't be fun for them. Enjoy not getting any games taufag.

>He's not blessed with the gift of sleak quick hands from playing a horde army
I pity you mortal, I can move 100 orks quickly without having 1 fall over

Tau dont HAVE to take riptide, missilesides and plasmasuits in every slot.

>mfw
It doesn't matter if you're a bunch of Scintillan Fusiliers and Vostroyan Firstborn, you're all guardsmen and you're going fight and die like men for the Emperor.

Even a low points, a squad or two of fire warriors and some markerlights completely destroys any other low tier army unless they specifically tailor for it.

Well, I mean it's right below the webway portal so it's probably a well defended area on the craftworld. On the other hand, it did get rekt completely. Then again, basically the entire craftworld got rekt in the end, so it didn't really matter.

For reference the Ghost Hall of Arienal is the place that got destroyed by a cyclonic torpedo. Every member of the House of Arienal died, including those who were lightyears away inside of Yriel's fleet, as the psychic shockwave of their relatives' deaths insta-killed them. I'm not sure if that makes any sense either, but at least the ghost hall fluff is kind of cool (areas populated only by wraiths, since it makes other Eldar crazy to go there, as so many Eldar died that the walls warped out to touch their spirit stones and created insane geometry filled with spirits).
The Dome of Crystal Seers survived the cyclonic torpedo attack and was nom'd by Tyranids iirc

This is absurd user. I'm fuckin newbie with starter set - how dangerous I could be in your opinion?

Forgot my image.
Don't use any suits save for Crisis then.

40K is basically MTG Modern with the entire reserved list added in. You can still make a deck for cheapish and play it but the power level differences between the decks/armies of new players, long-term players who aren't serious enough about the game to go out and buy 4 Black Lotuses, and players that only care about winning and will buy whatever is currently best regardless of the price, is nearly insurmountable. Having fun playing 40k is more about opponent selection than anything else.

Do you trust kids with guns?

They don't know how NOT to fuck up either.

That's my point. IG is IG: they're not Battle Brothers with themselves, they're the same damn faction.