Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Broken Blade nerfs when?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

For the record, I love BB to death.

I would like utility instead of damage, which seems to be the issue, but only at early levels. Or maybe it's fine, I'm not the expert.

Whatever happened to the PoW errata anyway, I thought that was "just around the corner" months ago

I honestly don't see such a big deal with anthropomorphic animals. Just makes it easier to spot the really creepy people and get rid of them.

Is there a way to get Black Seraph on a Warlord other than by becoming a Black Thorn Knight?

Pic very related.

Apparently, if a race deviates too far from the humanoid standard, /pfg/ just starts violently shitting all over itself, if the last few threads were any indication.

You can take a trait for it.

You can take them through Advanced Study one by one.

What is the trait?

>Unorthodox Method (Regional, Any): You trade one of your class’s available disciplines for a different discipline of your choice. You gain the new discipline’s skill as a class skill.
From Expanded

Ah fantastic. Won't be getting much mileage from Thrashing Dragon anyway.

If it works for TES, it should work in Pathfinder.

Personally, I would love centaurs or ogres, but I recognise that might be a little too good. Even some of the Bloodforged halfway points would be dandy. I mean, we have those for skinwalkers or aasimar/tieflings.

Unorthodox method, someone just said it, though it's from PoWE, so you might have to clear it with your GM (PoWE is more balanced as is anyways)

It's less that they're bipedal foxes which is furshit and terrible, it's that kitsune AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING ANTHROPOMORPHIC FOXES. Mythology has them as being ascended animals with magic powers, and commonly shapeshifting into humans. With pathfinder they should be foxes with the fey (shapeshifter) types. Feytouched animals.

And don't you even fucking start with "BUT FOXES DON'T LIVE THAT LONG" we fucking went over this garbage already.

Well that's fine. I would be okay with feral foxes -> humans.

I guess that explains why kitsune get all the hate, but not catfolk or w/e

Akashit Mysteries PDF when?

That is mostly just my own bitching, but I imagine that's at least PART of why people hate it. I'm just ultra-buttblasted about it because it's one of the few bits of popular mythology I actually liked.

I will never stop being mad about this and dumping this explanation whenever someone asks, though.

Who is best Empyreal Lord?
Ragathiel is overrated

And then we kept adding new bits and pieces to it and questioning their decisions

> CR 28
>18 INT

Yeah sure, user.

Ragathiel for days

That's basically the trend with PoW.

Everything takes so long because stuff keeps getting added and added. Hell, there is a ton more stuff in PoWE than there every was in PoW.

Probably because they know even if there is another PoW or similar release for PoW content, it won't be for a longggg time.

Not really, it was "We'll start compiling, tweaking, play testing, tweaking, play testing, tweaking, editing, tweaking, throwing it all in the trash, compiling, play testing, tweaking, conclude, and release after we release PoW:E"

I recall something about how in super-early versions of the myth, they could be anthropomorphic foxes as well, but I can't seem to recall where.

If you got the ability to cast a single 9th level non-wish spell once a week. Which spell would you choose.

Miracle, baka.

Miracle
Shades

How do you feel about people who choose to use the depiction of just ears+tail?

Okay rephrase.

The spell can't be Wish, Miracle, or anything that emulates the effect of another spell.

Shapechange Efreet > Wish

Lame.
Dominate Monster then.

Can I choose a lower level spell?

Damerrich. Ragathiel with less fanaticism and more cold justice.

Miracle :^)

Greater Create Demiplane.

is there dong?

Uh I don't think that's how it works

Probably not, I was still thinking of 3.5 shapechange. Pathfinder is much more limited with a few base spells to choose from, isn't it? I'm dumb.

Emphasis on the cold justice.

Ragathiel is all about the rights of the victim and oppressed, including their catharsis that their fate won't befall anyone else. That can mean revenge-murder, but not necessarily.

The Empyreal Lord of the 'wronged' is a wide category. Though based on how they stat Empyreal Lords for some reason, I'd rather he wasn't statted.

But it's not their default form, is the thing. It wouldn't be quite so bad if they didn't get the rest of it WRONG.

>fox form isn't a default part of the race, and the kitsune's true form
>not fey typed, or even long-lived
>the magical tail feat line is really mediocre and totally unrelated to their "actual magic power"

Just the ears+tail is acceptable I guess. Not "right" to me personally, but a massive improvement that I would definitely rather use than canon kitsune

>Damerrich.
Muh nigga.
Though he's not really "cold justice", but rather more "You're gonna carry that weight space cowboy "

Aren't Tengu super wrong as well? Why don't people ever kick up a massive fuss about them?

Because Tengu aren't as obvious furbait as kitsune

I'd just like to point out that Ragathiel's Obedience is to kill someone who has performed an evil or unlawful act. Sure, maybe Ragathiel isn't all about murder, but he sure doesn't act like it.

In contrast, Damerrich's is to reflect on everyone you've killed and judge whether or not it was the right thing to do.

True. Still, he advocates not feeling guilt or regret when you commit to a just execution. Definitely comes across as cold.

Is Inner Sea Magic not in the Trove, or am I just blind?

Because tengu are birds, and furfags aren't as crazy about birds as they are about foxes. They also aren't as popular in general. Like, seriously, I don't see them talked about.

I should probably actually read more weeb mythology if I'm going to shitpost about it. Last time I sat down and extensively read any was a book, years ago. Any suggestions for where to even find any?

So /pfg/ how would you make a void kineticist without going overly edgy?

Only once you've proven they are actually guilty. He only empowers those who are willing to do their job. No Empyreal Lord is just about wanton murder if they can be redeemed, especially for jay walking or selling with an expired permit.

I agree, The Weighted Swing (I personally prefer that name, though Damerrich is cool too) is definitely in my top two.

Start with wikipedia, look at the sources cited for possible additional reading material. Maybe try and find a copy of the kojiki?

Since when is Ragathiel thought highly of? He's a crazy nonsense asshole.

I wouldn't

I play fighter because picking lots of feats is fun.

Rogue is fun because you get lots of skill points.

In all fairness, the Cardinal Martyr is easily the most insane Empyreal Lord.

k

Barbarian is fun because you get lots of hit points, right?

Yeah, looks like it's missing along with a few others.

Both of them are the opposition to the "You're LG, you can't kill that guy!" They're both the idea that sometimes people have to die for the world to be a better place. The difference is that The Weighted Swing is always reminding you to think before you act, then commit to it, while Ragathiel is not as reluctant to kill.

I like playing wizard because I get lots of spells.

Damn.

A while ago I asked what would be the best character to bring to a game where I didn't know what anyone else was going to bring.

An IRL friend recommended a warpriest, and after looking at them I am starting to like them. Good cleric support casting, self buffing when needed, full armor/weapon proficiency.

Will I be able to use a polearm, shield and still cast spells/touch people to heal them?

A lot of media depicts Kitsune as being unable to hide their tails while shapeshifted; the ears are just anime influence on top of that. I think it's acceptable.

>Will I be able to use a polearm, shield and still cast spells
No, you can use a two-handed weapon, but you can't have something in both hands and cast spells (without a feat or ability saying otherwise.) with a two handed weapon you can, as a free action, remove your hand from the weapon, cast the spell, and then put your hand back on as a free action.

Thats true.

Honestly, people complaining about Kitsune not being 'proper' just makes me think of Monster Musume and people's phenomenal waifufaggotry regarding it.

But I will be using a two handed weapon. A polearm. Shield + polearm works with the shield brace feat.

I would agree on The Weighted Swing and Ragathiel's similarities, though I would add the caveat that Damerrich is in favour of general executions (once properly considered), while Ragathiel is in favour of defensive executions (ie vengeance or protecting the wronged/more people from being wronged)

Honestly, they probably get along the best out of the Empyreal Lords.

That's not what he's saying.

Even if you are using a two-handed weapon, your hand is still occupied holding the shield.

Which is better for a Gunsmoke Mystic, Solar Wind or Tempest Gale?

...so can't I hold my shield and polearm in my left hand while casting with my right hand?

No, because your left hand is holding you shield. You can't hold two things in one hand at once.

A 2h polearm (and just a 2h polearm) can cast, as removing the hand is a free action, but when you use Shield Brace, you have to hold the shield in one hand, so you would have to drop your shield or something to cast.

Here is the actual feat:
>Shield Brace (Shield Mastery)
>You’ve mastered the art of balancing a polearm’s weight against a shield’s stability.
>Prerequisites: Shield Focus; base attack bonus +3 or fighter level 1st; proficiency with light shields, heavy shields, or tower shields.
>Benefit: You can use a two-handed weapon sized appropriately for you from the polearm or spears weapon group while also using a light, heavy, or tower shield with which you are proficient. The shield’s armor check penalty (if any) applies to attacks made with the weapon.

Things It doesn't mention:
>hands

So I have no fucking idea. In my mind a hand could hold both a shield and a polearm, just not in a usable way. I fully expect this feat to cause a huge shitstorm in PFS.

The feat you are looking for is shield mage, which allows you to cast a spell with your shield hand.

Buckler
>This small metal shield is worn strapped to your forearm.
>You can also use your shield arm to wield a weapon...
>You can cast a spell with somatic components using your shield arm...

Shield, Heavy; Wooden or Steel
>You strap a shield to your forearm and grip it with your hand.
>A heavy shield is so heavy that you can’t use your shield hand for anything else.

Shield, Light; Wooden or Steel
>You strap a shield to your forearm and grip it with your hand.
>A light shield’s weight lets you carry other items in that hand, although you cannot use weapons with it.

You could use it with a buckler, and arguably with a light shield

Huh: ok:

So Shield focus, Shield brace and shield mage together would allow a warpriest to use a polearm and a shield at the same time with no penalty to casting?

That is a lot of feats. Especially if I want improved init, Power attack, quicken blessing, step up, following step...

What order does ignoring hardness come in?
Say you're a half-orc with Smash(feat) letting you ignore 5 points of hardness. And an adamantine weapon lets you ignore hardness of 19 or less. but nothing if it's higher.

What happens if you hit a block of adamantine with it?

Do you ignore 5, making it 15 and then the weapon ignores everything?

Does the sword check first, making it no change, and then you ignore 5, resolving your damage against hardness 15?

Or do you simply use whichever is more favorable but not both --like bonuses or DR do -- and Ignore everything 19 or less while lowering 20+ by 5?

Shields are for losers anyway

How exactly are you supposed to keep the exploding shrapnel of your enemies from clogging up your intakes then?

I am unfamiliar with shield mage, having not found it with a quick google search and I'm not interested enough to dig.

You could just use a light shield, as you would be able to free action grasp the spear with your shield arm, let go with your somatic hand, cast, free action grasp the spear again with your somatic hand and let go with your shield hand.

It's pretty much how casting with a staff or greatsword works anyways.

I'm looking to play a rogue all about his sneak attacks. But, i'm not wanting to rely solely on Flanking an Surprise Ambush.

What are some ways I can Deny someone their Dex bonus, besides knocking them prone, or using the Feint Maneuver?

Goz mask + eversmoking bottle.

If they can't see you they don't get dex.

Entangle them

But then my allies can't participate either.

They have a penalty to Dex, I don't see anywhere where it says that they're denied their dex bonus

Be invisible

More looking for 'Shows of Skill' (Flavor wise), rather than cheap tactics

Prone doesn't deny dex, it's just a flat penalty to attacks.

Hunter's Surprise might be a rogue talent you wanna get eventually though.

So.. this is the campaign so far. In a nutshell.
>note the vampire painting in the back is a party member

You're not going to find much. Martial characters don't really get anything cool in Pathfinder.

Would /pfg/ be interested in a Hex Hunter Harbinger Archetype?

Its a Harbinger with Witch Hexes that he can stack on top of Claim.

Get them Goz masks too. Everyone gets in on the fun.

Scout rogue with a bow
Sadly you will only be limited to a single shot every round because you have to keep moving, but the only things you need is a bow, Vital strike feat and Gravity Bow spell.
Alternately get a Minotaur crossbow and go to town, you can be that gruff guerilla soldier veteran with schizophrenia or PTSD

That'd be cool, I'm wondering how to mix Hexes and the Harbinger myself actually.

CR3 MY ASS

CONGRATS, YOU PLAYED YOURSELF!

Seems like you'll slam face-first into action conflict problems.

A Tielfing Investigator, a Human Summoner and his Eidolon, a Human Paladin and a Human Rogue?

Actually Spiritualist with an Anger Phantom

0 days since last friendly stab incident.

who knew a dagger could take a level 2 character down to 0 in one thrust?

Tiefling Magus, Human Spiritualist and his Phantom, Aasimar Caviler, and an Aasimar warlord

And the Vampire is a Fetchling Mesmerist

>Anger Phantom
>Not having Scooby as a Gluttony Phantom.

Noice.

Go gravity, that doesn't seem edgy.

thx senpai were all loving the campaign so far, probably the most RP-rich one any of us have done. we're all wishing it could go longer every night.

bonus pic for our forever-DM

You can also use Dirty Trick to Blind Them.

You were hoping it was nothing but encounter after encounter, 90% of them kinda-slow combat?

Huh? No we needed a break from combat after the last few campaigns. Combat seems to go pretty fast overall. We want it to go longer because we're having so much fun.

The
>FUCKING
Is mostly because I've played RotRL and the other players haven't so the DM kinda changed sandpoint a bit here and there, swapped some stuff out.