ITT That GM stories

ITT That GM stories

>see ad for group at FLGS, game is held at GM's house
>meet at FLGS
>two rainbow haired hamplanets, one nerdy guy with a Bazinga tee, GM seems normal
>alarm bells start ringing
>"ok we're running 5e, it's a homebrew anime-esque setting inspired by Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tale
>realise what I am in for
>oh, dis gun be GUD

>go home and begin my epic plan
>make a DORF. Fuck all this anime bullshit, WE DORFS NOW
>Stoneheart Rockbeard is a Slav dorf, interests listed as VODKA, MINING and REMOVING ELF
>first proper session begins
>hambeast A makes shota kitsune homebrew race
>hambeast B makes twink elf
>hipster geek makes edgelord ninja
>enter me
>"stoneheart sees the knife ear and starts making jokes about elves needing to be removed"
>start humming God is a Serb
>throughout session steadfastly have no time for anime shit, play dorf as serious no nonsense elf remover, chopping down sacred trees etc
>GM has to fiat like a mofo as I troll his shitty setting
>we hendersoning this bitch now

>session ends and GM comes up to me
>"don't bother coming back next week, you aren't a good fit for the group"
>tfw I never got to properly derail that shit game
>go into FLGS, see someone else looking for players
>oh sorry user, [hambeast A] told me what you did in a campaign she was in, I don't really want you in my game.

Why is this allowed?

You were That Guy, user.

If you don't like weebshit then why not just leave and let the hyper-dorks have their fun? No one was holding you hostage.

That other group was probably just as bad, so you dodged a bullet

Because instead of bailing when the GM described his shitty setting you acted like a faggot. And not the kind of faggot a Rainbow haired tumblr land whale would champion.

"What? These people are doing a thing in a way I don't like, that I chose to join?! Rather than just politely declining, i'm going to le epic troll them!"

"What? Instead of allowing me to ruin their fun, they promptly and politely removed me from the game to prevent it from being a problem when they obviously saw I was acting counterintuitively? And their friends are disinclined to play with me because I made an ass of myself? HOW DARE THEY!"

People wanted an anime game, and you disagreed.

Either you didn't keep it fun for both sides, or they didn't want you messing with their fun.

Either way, you're out a game.

nice b8 OP, I r8 8/8

>ITT, OP Is That Guy Without Realizing It

FTFY

If you're intent on trolling, there are FAR more subtle ways of doing it. Really. I've been in games like that and you can always do better than what you just described. Just play a Magical Petting Zoo druid. Best part is you'll look like you fucking fit. Last GM I played with one quietly admitted after the game that he had a flawed DMPC after all was said and done.

Them playing something that you don't like doesn't make it wrong.

You were wrong for de-railing their game for no reason.

You were That Guy.

You deserve your fate.

>>session ends and GM comes up to me
>>"don't bother coming back next week, you aren't a good fit for the group"
I am heartened by this tale of quality GMing. I can only hope this story is true.

>>oh sorry user, [hambeast A] told me what you did in a campaign she was in, I don't really want you in my game.
>Why is this allowed?
It is allowed because if you come into my home and shit on my living room carpet, I will tell others that you did so. I do this not out of malice or any attempt to worsen your life. I will do this because it is my responsibility to my friends and acquaintances to advise them that if they allow you into their homes, you might shit on their living room carpet.

Is this a parody of how every "that GM" story ends up being a "that player" story in disguise?

It's more that an almost unanimous quality if That Guys is being too stupid to realize they're That Guys, as OP so eloquently demonstrates.

>dorf meme
>slav meme
>remove kebab meme
You sure memed them well, user. Assuming any of this even happened (it didn't).

Excellent bait OP, no doubt you'll rile up a few Anons who're jaded enough to believe that anyone could be this fucking retarded and deliberately make shitty meme derailing attempts while playing himself off as anything but an autist
Your ruse is exquisite OP, you really portrayed being a giant faggot superbly

Poor quality trolling in that group. You need to try harder and be more subtle to avoid detection next time.

>A group of people all agree to play a specific type of game with a specific setting
>OP crash the party like a big fucking turd because "lol it's funny, we henderson now"
>He then goes on Veeky Forums to complain when nobody want to play with him again

But you were That Guy. You were a douchebag for no reason other than "lol I don't like this setting". Fuck off.

Plot twist: OP was a faggot all along!

ITT: that guy thinks he's funny.

>hurrdurr fuck this setting that I knew about before joining
>intentionally fuck everything up
>why is this allowed?

When did Veeky Forums become a bunch of limpdicks concerned about triggering the feefees of casuals, narutards and gamer grrls

Look on 1d4chan, educate yourself about Henderson, Alphonse Kapowned, the diplomancer story and Edgardo

Henderson was always a pile of shit. It's the story of a munchkin abusing an overly lenient GM to do EPIK stuff when any competent GM would have killed off his character 20 minutes in.

Eat shit, OP.

These were all stories of players wronged by their DMs, not players joining a game with a style they didn't like and were clearly warned about just for the sake of ruining someone else's fun, you asshurt deranged bitch.

The guy who played Henderson was dealing with a genuinely shit GM and not just REEEEEing because they were running a game they didn't like.
Saging because fuck's sake, you really are sticking with this b8

EPIC story! Epic FOR THE WIN! xD

>not ebin :DDDDD

Your story is funny but not for the reasons you think and I wouldn't advocate anyone copying you.

Trolling people who have the wrong kind of fun is best done:
1)Online where the repercussions of failure can be dodged with ease.
2)With at least some attempt at subtly.
3)With the the groups best interests at heart that is to say to shame, trick, educate and/or convince them to become better roleplayers.

Kill with kindness OP don't be a faggot without a cause.

once again OP is a fucking retarded faggot.

>Be GM
>Run animu shit because whatever, I think it's fun and that's what matters
>Four people answer FLGS ad.
>One of them keeps mumbling something about dank memes and kebabs. Politely ignore it, maybe he has some mental handicap?
>Game day comes, get some weird characters, but at least everyone seems to be having fun
>Everone except kebab guy, who plays a racist dwarf
>Dwarf keeps derailing everything. I have to fiat shit just to avoid a party fight because he's purposefully instigating shit
>Tempted to just drop rocks on him, but I'm more mature than that, so I just deal with it until the session's over.
>Pull Dwarfguy aside and politely tell him not to come back, he's making it impossible for anyone else to have fun.
>His eyes narrow and he walks away grumbling something about hamplanets and weebs. Could swear I see him pull what looks like a dragon dildo out of his dash and start deepthroating it as he drives away
>One of my players apparently warned a friend of hers not to play with Dwarfguy, after that. Can't really blame her, her friend probably dodged a bullet.

We found a new player and continued having fun without him. Feel a little bad for Dwarfguy though, I think he might have autism or something.

>magical petting zoo
What's that?

When you intentionally ruin others' fun because of your personal dislikes, it makes you That Guy.

Of course, only a fool would think this story actually happened.

It's nice to see a group able to politely handle That Guy and ask him to leave the group like an adult. It warms my desiccated heart there still exist such mature players.

Assuming any of this actually happened.

lol'd

Henderson was interesting made his own new shit and everyone ran with it. Including, inexplicably, the GM.
OP yelled memeshit and got asked to leave.

This is the difference between successful trolls and OP.

>This is the difference between successful trolls and OP.
Check again.
OP has successfully trolled an entire thread into discussing his fictional nonsense.
I agree with this user Decent bait, better than I've seen since summer began, over a year ago.

user, if this is what you call a "successful troll", then I guess trolling has become so weak as to not be an issue any more.

>OP has successfully trolled an entire thread into discussing his fictional nonsense.
Not that user, but when every reply in the thread is some form of "OP is a fag and his story is fake", I question your ability to discern successful trolling.

b8.

EPIC

TROLLED SO HARD

A bit too hamfisted to be good trolling, still if you'd toned it down a little could've been good.

Why would you ever assume that the OP is being ironic when them being a genuine retard makes so much more sense?

>user, if this is what you call a "successful troll", then I guess trolling has become so weak as to not be an issue any more.
More "badly done" than weak, but yeah.
>Not that user, but when every reply in the thread is some form of "OP is a fag and his story is fake", I question your ability to discern successful trolling.
Imagine if you will, a troll that intended to generate an entire thread of responses to their obvious faggotry.

>Why would you ever assume that the OP is being ironic when them being a genuine retard makes so much more sense?
Because he's not a genuine retard, but a perfect one. That makes me think he is clearly telling a fake story to get tg going which it clearly is.

I'm not saying it's not "I was only pretending to be a retard" but it is better than the weaksauce I've seen lately.

user, I don't think you understand what trolling is, if these responses are what you consider successful trolling.
Either that, or
was correct and trolling is now a complete non-issue, as it's gotten so weak.

>Imagine if you will, a troll that intended to generate an entire thread of responses to their obvious faggotry.
That's not a troll, it's a shitposter. If you can't tell the difference, you need to lurk moar.

I was That GM.
> party of three players, two are really into dragons
> only one is a compentent player, the other two are girls who just do the first thing on their character sheet
> first time with 4e, have them battle the 4e sample dungeon with the kobolds
> they get to the ice dragon, it begins to kick their asses to a fearsome degree
> try to think of some way to prevent TPK
> "there's something on the dragon's back, it looks like you could pull it off the dragon"
> they pull off a cloak, activating my pure BS and transforming the dragon into a put out kobold
> "it transformed into a dragon using a ritual"
> the only competent player, playing a mage, and very into dragons, says, "-I'd- like to learn -that- ritual!"
> panic, tell him he never can.
> his face when

>Not sending party on a long running side quest to gather ritual components.
>Not making them work for their dragon form shenanigans.
>Not letting them have dragon form shenanigans they actually earned.
Yep, you dropped the ball.

Dude, everyone else wanted to play anime. You played Dorf SlavLord and tried to ruin their game out of spite. If you don't like their game, just leave. There are games out there where you can play a Dorf to your heart's content.

This

Henderson is spinning in his grave from the disrespect to his name

>user, I don't think you understand what trolling is,
>That's not a troll, it's a shitposter.

>Troll:
A person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community

"Upsetting" Veeky Forums enough to fill a thread with posts informing him that he is a faggot fits, I believe.
What makes the troll better than recent attempts is every post informing him he was That Guy when that was his intent.

see, and now you reveal you don't understand what the word upset means.

Yeah, I don't really see any one being angry.
And the only argument, actually, is you, insisting that this is somehow successful trolling.
And that still hasn't made anyone upset.

The thread's been very tame.

Came here to check this.

And you're a faggot for doing that.

no, but seriously. check timestamps

I just checked, and you got nothing senpai

bump

>badwrongfun

>>"ok we're running 5e, it's a homebrew anime-esque setting inspired by Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tale
>combining Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tale
Maan, that line alone has amount of whiplash at lethal level

Oh that meme again.
That meme when you devote your time and effort to ruining games of people having fun wrong instead of just doing 360 and leaving.

>>tfw I never got to properly derail that shit game
>>oh sorry user, [hambeast A] told me what you did in a campaign she was in, I don't really want you in my game.
>Why is this allowed?

Huh.
Well I'll give you some points for a surprise twist in the story.

He's not even a real munchkin, he was literally pulling out skills out of thin air like a freeforming powergamer does his infinite katanas.

Could've at least said "kobold racial"? Although that could've suddenly induced suicidism in the mage.
Or if he was actually a bold,

>see, and now you reveal you don't understand what the word upset means.
>And that still hasn't made anyone upset.
>The thread's been very tame.

It is very possible that y'all missed the connotation of the quotation marks around 'upsetting'.
I suppose I could have been more clear.

Veeky Forums was "upset" only in the sense that they felt compelled to point out his faggotry, rather tamely so.
A steady stream of tame responses is the yield of subtler bait. Spicy bait attracts more exciting responses, but often scares off most of the fish. Too spicy bait is the hallmark of a poor troll.

That guy thread, hmm?
Have I got a tale for you, happened this last sunday.

> be forever DM, one of my players, a cool BR guy asks if he can run his own session
> promptly agree because our group is cool and there shouldn't be any problems
> sunday comes around, euro finals, flgs is practically deserted. 4 of my regular 6 aren't there
> instead, through sheer force of bad luck and planetary alignment, two of the biggest losers in the world show up to play
> not hyperbole, one of them is a smelly, unkept, glasses wearing neckbeard with drool on his collar, the other had shown up months ago with his dad to play in my session
> DM explains the setting, explains dragonborn characters are hunted for sport, dwarves are slave drivers and duergars drove normal dwarves out of their old mountain homes so
> of fucking COURSE neckbeard boy makes a dragonborn character and daddy's boy makes a duergar character, all while tye DM slips me a homebrew "witch hunter" class asking if I wouldn't mind playing that
> I agree to the witch hunter (fun class) while the tweedle dad and tweedle dumb start spouting edgy shit about their characters
> Now wouod be a good time to tell you all about the party. 7 people. There's me, a fat nerd that at least shaves, a friend I made back in college, a 15 year old kid that's a pretty cool guy, we're playing witch hunter, smith mountain dwarf and human barbarian respectively (to be continued)

> on the red side of the ring there's dadnard and dragonfag, a math teacher that kept trying to trade his bunyip mini for my wolf and a shy girl he kept flirting with to no avail, playing his warlock duergar, monk dragonborn, half-elf sorcerer and halfling rogue
> the girl was also problematic because it was her second session, and as such the DM felt bad for her so he had to make the adventure a level 1 affair.
> after an HOUR of character building (in 5e, no less, where chars come pre-made, essentially) because warlorf wouldn't shut up to the DM aout how cool and awesome and edgy his duergar was, and how his robes flowed like shadows and he had this bitching dragon-shaped scar in his left nut or whatever, instead of writing down on the fucki g sheet
> meanwhile fat boy, being the exemplary roleplayer that he is, kept practicing his character voice. Except it wasn't a dragon's voice, or even just a batman growl, it was his "funny jamaican voice" (did I mentioned he loves warcraft trolls?)
> So for an hour I'm listening to a guy who brings his dad to dnd sessions and a literal drooling retard make an annoying fucking voice so goddamn loud he'd eventually run the next table's group out of the store later down the line
> as soon as the session actually fucking begins the wonder twins start hamming it up, they won't let the DM talk, interjecting everything he says with stupid reactions like "Yaa, mon, zurga zurga want punchy punchy bad guy" and "I look at the thing you described with my white eyes. Did I mention my character has white eyes?"
> Essentially the only times anyone has a say in anything is when the chromosome boys are being told to ease up by the DM when it's someone's turn in combat, and even then they find ways to be annoying
>"My dragonborn monk shits itself when he sees the ankheg and then it smells like doodoo"
>"My character looks at you after you attack the beast with his WHITE EYES and goes like 'whoa'.
(Tbc)

why did you even stay.

> meanwhile we reach our town of destination, where people have been kidnapped and the DM said it was MY job and that of my "troupe" to investigate since it could be monsters at work
> of course I don't get in a single word with the NPCs since our special needs friends feel like they should be the ones conducting an investigation, rolling insight after every 2 words
> the halfling rogue then tries to steal all the 120 copper pieces in town, and that by itself takes like 20 minutes of stealth rolls and listening to doors
> all the while math teacher kept trying to convince me uis bunyip was totally a fair trade for my wolf mini, which I can't trade, because it's used by my beastmaster player
> this bullshit goes on from 4 to 7:45 when the store is essentially starting to lock up

> then on monday morning the DM sends me a text asking me if the sorcerer was too OP and made the game unchallenging.

NO. I had NO problem with the fucking sorcerer, what I had a problem with was the two limp-necked ball sniffers that monopolized the fucking session with doodoo and white eyes.
I'm still mad and I probably will still be mad until next sunday. Fuck.

>I'm still mad and I probably will still be mad through next sunday.
FTFY
You don't honestly expect improvement, do you?

It was BRDM's first dm session in literal years. He's become a good friend, and I really wanted to PLAY after three straight years DMing basically every week. It was a horrible stroke of shit luck at the worst possible moment.

Considering this is the only person saying op was a successful troll with everyone else saying he wasn't because 1) no one is upset and 2) literally everyone knew he was a troll and liar from the start I'd wager this is op trying to convince himself he succeeded where there is only failure and shitposting. Either that or this is some other fag dick riding op so hard he won't be able to walk for the duration of his pregnancy. Not sure which scenario is more pathetic really.

Talk to the DM, make sure to praise his ability to keep stuff moving despite those retards, because damn that sounds annoying for someone just starting to DM.

I lol'd at limp-necked ball sniffers. Did the guy actually have his character shit himself or were you exaggerating?

Remove hambeasts

that's not what upset means, user.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure out how to troll at some point in the future.

He literally had his character shit himself.
The guy isn't too right in the head. What I left out was the annoying jamaican accent "comment" his character made afterwards because it goes without saying.

>that's not what upset means, user.
Can you read? I specifically was stating how I was stretching the meaning of the word.
I also mentioned my use of quotation marks for emphasis.
Quotation marks can be used to acknowledge that you're abusing a word's meaning, or using it in a nonstandard way:
>A cat's "thumb" is located on the back of its foreleg.
>A "couple" of reasons .. [going on to list 7 things]

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure the how to read posts at some point in the future.

Not OP, just an user making an unrefuted observation.

>1) no one is upset
See above

2) literally everyone knew he was a troll and liar from the start
And yet many of them responded as if he honestly didn't realise he was the That Guy of the story?
Odd way to demonstrate their knowledge of his approach to trolling, don't you think?
I'm guessing you don't think.

Sorry user, you're using the word wrong.
Are you getting upset that you used the word wrong?
Don't worry, I'm sure you will learn how to use words properly at some point in the future.

Yeah, I think he's gotten legitimately upset that people pointed out he was using the word wrong.
I guess that means the only person trolled in this entire thread... was him.

>playing game
>heading into bar, trying to get some information on a local crime boss
>my character heads over to where some people are playing cards, gets himself dealt into the game
>playing, but also asking around while I do so
>my guy has a pretty good gambling score
> DM AMtells me to roll perception instead of gambling.
>object
>no, this time you roll perception with a +3 due to your familiarity with common games of chance
>whatever, not worth arguing, he'll just trot out rule 0
> roll mediocre.
>DM notes it down, I lose the hand, oh well
> keep playing, keep asking questions, now rolling gambling as proper
> even when I roll a 19, DM announced I lose every hand

I don't even know why he did it, the amount was negligible for our level, and he never gave off an overtly moralfag reaction about gambling before

Maybe he had you roll to spot a cheated deck, which you had the chance to do due to your gambling skills, but failed?

>Sorry user, you're using the word wrong
>I think he's gotten legitimately upset that people pointed out he was using the word wrong

>Quotation marks can be used to acknowledge that you're abusing a word's meaning

So, what you two are saying is that neither of you can read, at all?
Completely illiterate?
Seems "legit."

>gets so upset he deteriorates into "you can't read!" when it's pointed out he used a word wrong
>after he acknowledges he used the word wrong by putting quotes around it
Look, user, I'm sorry you got trolled and are upset now, but you need to calm down your anger, or the troll wins.

This was my immediate impression too.

>Look on 1d4chan, educate yourself about Henderson, Alphonse Kapowned, the diplomancer story and Edgardo
Why should I educate myself about shit that never happened?

You're a funny guy, mr. angry pants.

Yet, religious studies are still popular all over the world.

Neutral third party here: from my observations, you've spent a good deal of time trying to convince people that you aren't upset. If you really didn't care, you should probably have closed the thread by now.

Sure, but that's more like studying the posting styles of the anons who make shit up, rather than studying the 1d4chan articles directly.

Oh, he's just one of those "trolls" who think any response at all is a success. Even if getting those responses makes him angry. You know how those guys are, good times.

you got scammed, bruh

>be me
>point out abuse of a word as I post with quotations.
>idiots can't figure it out
>I explain nicely
>idiots still can't figure it out
>I explain they're idiots
>idiots prove they're idiots and also say "U mad"
>I point out the unlikelyhood that they are actually this idiotic
>"lol U mad we winz"
There are winners here fellows, where do you think we are?

>from my observations, you've spent a good deal of time trying to convince people that you aren't upset. If you really didn't care, you should probably have closed the thread by now.
One could equally argue that they've spent the same amount of time attempting to convince me they can't read, when obviously they can.
Why do they care?
I'm just an user with an unrefuted observation.

>"don't bother coming back next week, you aren't a good fit for the group"
What a mature individual. I like him. Okay, his game is shit. But what an awesome individual.

Not even close. But feel free to keep guessing.
Pro tip: it is an open-book quiz, if you can read I've already given you the answer.

same as a heavy petting zoo only with mage hand

This is nothing like Edgardo. Do not sully his name.

The name, is Allendo.

???

user, you seem to be upset that you used a word wrong.
You intentionally used the word wrong, seeing as you used it in quotes, but you still used it wrong.
I know you got mad trolled by those posters, but come on, even you can see that.

Aw, he's grumpy I broke kayfabe and pointed out he was trying to troll.
(and getting mad trolled in the process, hot damn)